Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 1, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 1, 2020

Monday Night Raw Preview
    June 1, 2020

Seth Rollins to host Rey Mysterio's retirement ceremony

Several weeks ago, Rey Mysterio was the victim of a gruesome attack by Seth Rollins, which left the masked marvel with a critical eye injury. Apparently, the effects of that injury may be forcing Mysterio to hang up his boots, as there will be a retirement ceremony for him Monday on Raw.

However, the ceremony is being hosted by the man who put him out of action. Just what does The Monday Night Messiah have in store for Mysterio, and what motives could he have for hosting the ceremony?

Raw Women's Champion Asuka to take on NXT Women's Champion Charlotte

There will be a Champion vs. Champion Match this Monday on Raw, as Raw Women’s Champion Asuka battles NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair.

The two Superstars are no strangers to each other, as The Queen once brought Asuka’s vaunted undefeated streak to an end at WrestleMania 34. What will happen when these longtime foes write the latest chapter of their rivalry?

Aleister Black to go one-on-one with Seth Rollins

In addition to hosting Mysterio’s retirement ceremony, Rollins will also be in action against Aleister Black.

Black has stood up for Mysterio in the weeks following The Monday Night Messiah’s unsettling attack, which The Monday Night Messiah has taken exception to. Will Black defend the legend’s honor, or will Rollins prove that his actions were made in vain?

United States Champion Apollo Crews to defend against opponent of his choice

Newly crowned United States Champion Apollo Crews is not going to be taking a breather after winning the title. This week on Raw, Crews will defend his title against an opponent of his choosing.

Who will Crews select? Will they play spoiler for the new champion? Find out on Raw, this Monday at 8/7 C on USA!
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Global Saturation

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 1, 2020

Pretty Obvious the "Mystery Opponent" will be Dominick Dijakovic.. but should be interesting. I'm praying to the wrestling Gods that Rollins/Black is actually a good match and not another wasted 10 minutes, end in DQ match.

Also let's hope Rey is actually gone for good ( I know he won't.. but one can hope).
    It’s a weapon. It’s really powerful, especially against living things.

Puts the extra "p" in Nappa Valley since Day 1.

Cardcaptor

Status

For the love of all that is holy, get Nia Jax off TV. Or at LEAST away from Kairi.

She cannot have a match without injuring someone. Ever. All she does is lumber around the ring, and throw people. She's like Mabel V2.0.
    Last edited by Sakura; 06-02-2020 at 12:15 AM.
    Everything will surely be alright.

King EC

Status

Had some good stuff last night. Charlotte vs. Asuka was really good and went longer than I expected before Nia showed up to fuck it up. Black vs. Rollins was also quite good and went the full length, but I imagine the roll up pin means there's another match down the pipe. Which I'm more than fine with. I do think it's super goofy and such a WWE move to suddenly paint Rey as one of Aleister's mentors when that has never ever been established and I'm 99% sure it isn't true. It would be one thing to say Alesiter respects Rey, but saying Rey is a mentor to him would imply a more personal relationship, which does not seem to be the case at all.

Nia lobbing Kairi into the steps was fucking crazy. She straight up ate shit. I feel bad for Kairi, she hasn't been able to catch any breaks in the last six months.

Also the main event was weird. Obviously MVP wasn't gonna compete with Drew. You had Lana come out to stand with Bobby like something was gonna happen, but then she didn't actually do anything, and then the show abruptly ends seconds after Lashley gets McIntyre in the full nelson. Just weird overall.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    For the love of all that is holy, get Nia Jax off TV. Or at LEAST away from Kairi.

She cannot have a match without injuring someone. Ever. All she does is lumber around the ring, and throw people. She's like Mabel V2.0.
    Man, I dislike Jax as much as the next person, but I have to admit that I'll be able to live with her if she'll inspire these weekly rants of yours. Personally, I'm hoping your next one is ALL CAPS BABY!

Also, did she really injure anyone last night? I didn't hear anything about that.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

King EC

Status

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This spot sucked <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWERAW?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWERAW</a> <a href="https://t.co/V8m6JjiGSp">pic.twitter.com/V8m6JjiGSp</a></p>&mdash; Alastair McKenzie�������������� (@mckenzieas93V2) <a href="https://twitter.com/mckenzieas93V2/status/1267643137947770885?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It would be tough to say Nia wasn't responsible here, and I was the first one to try to pump the breaks on the speculation. Maybe Kairi could have got her hands up to avoid it but Nia didn't give her much a chance to defend herself, just manhandling her into the steps. I don't believe Kairi was concussed or anything like that, from what I've seen so far. Just got a good gash on her head.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Yeah, that does seem like it's her fault, though it really doesn't seem serious enough to rant about.

However, I maintain that I WANT the rants to continue.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Considering the gash Kairi got, I get the complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Yeah, that does seem like it's her fault, though it really doesn't seem serious enough to rant about.

However, I maintain that I WANT the rants to continue.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/anonymou...ampaign=buffer

And this is like the third time she's injured Kairi, and like the 50th time she's injured someone. Nia is going to end up paralyzing someone. Wrestlers are now anonymously complaining about her, too.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

That wasn’t in ALL CAPS.

I hadn’t watched RAW for a couple of weeks, so I was unaware that Crews is now the US Champion. Glad to see they’re doing something with the guy, even if that belt hasn’t exactly been spectacular over the last several years.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    That wasn’t in ALL CAPS.

I hadn’t watched RAW for a couple of weeks, so I was unaware that Crews is now the US Champion. Glad to see they’re doing something with the guy, even if that belt hasn’t exactly been spectacular over the last several years.
    Tbh, I only watch highlights or certain matches of stars I really like most of the time...

WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE NIA FREAKIN' JAX.

But yeah, I'm really glad to see he finally has a belt.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Nia's career is going to turn into a future Dark Side of the Ring episode if they keep running her out there to hurt people nonstop.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Considering Nia's age, weight and history of knee surgeries I'm not sure she's going to have that many years left on top anyway. Thankfully for other people's sake.

King EC

Status

Just randomly took a gander at Nia's Wikipedia page and what in God's name, how the fuck did she win PWI Rookie of the Year in 2016???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Just randomly took a gander at Nia's Wikipedia page and what in God's name, how the fuck did she win PWI Rookie of the Year in 2016???
    Is it really a surprise? PWI awards always are geared towards mainstream companies, so Jax seems like an obvious winner over indie rookies of Riddle and Lio Rush.

Thread Information