Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Money In The Bank 2020 Discussion

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Money In The Bank 2020 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Look, I don't know all this chat, about Otis and Asuka and double murders, I just think we're getting away from the big take away of the show;

Vince McMahon, has a giant t-rex head on his office wall, and this makes me very happy.

Pictures of family? Pictures of friends? Valued memories from his past? Nope, just a big ol' dinosaur head, because of course he does.

I like to think he talks to it.

"So Wrestlerex, who do you like to for the money in the bank?"

"I LIKE THAT OTIS GUY VINCE."

"Oh Wrestlerex, no one understands me like you do"

"Mr McMahon, who are you-"

"WRESTLEREX IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS COMPANY DAMN IT, WHY I'M I THE ONLY ONE THAT HEARS HIM?!"
    thats been known for years. I remember seeing it in a video of Nakamura signing with the company.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'd never seen it before either. Now I think I have an idea of what Luchasaurus' long game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Look, I don't know all this chat, about Otis and Asuka and double murders, I just think we're getting away from the big take away of the show;

Vince McMahon, has a giant t-rex head on his office wall, and this makes me very happy.

Pictures of family? Pictures of friends? Valued memories from his past? Nope, just a big ol' dinosaur head, because of course he does.

I like to think he talks to it.

"So Wrestlerex, who do you like to for the money in the bank?"

"I LIKE THAT OTIS GUY VINCE."

"Oh Wrestlerex, no one understands me like you do"

"Mr McMahon, who are you-"

"WRESTLEREX IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THIS COMPANY DAMN IT, WHY I'M I THE ONLY ONE THAT HEARS HIM?!"
    That’s Stan T. Rex

That skull was actually a gift from Triple H:

https://www.wwe.com/article/mr-mcmah...rus-rex-fossil

Triple H has a mini t-rex skull in his office as well

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I absolutely loved the Money in the Bank match. Was smiling all the way through.

Asuka is a treasure.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

I watched it 30 minutes late, so I didn't have the chance to comment live:

4-Way Tag: It was enjoyable, there were some good spots, but the timing was off. I felt so bad for John Morrison, who's wrestled the likes of Fenix and Pentagon Jr and Ricochet, have to wait and motion the Lucha House Party for the spots. Morrison did the best he could, and by the looks of it, people bought the LHP so I guess(?) it worked. I'm very disappointed at the end result, just from a long-term booking strategy. It's not an elimination tag and the champions don't have to be pinned. Why not get Lucha and the Forgotten Sons to pin one another to bring something fresh on the scene? Now it buries the Lucha House Party, the Forgotten Sons aren't good enough for a program with New Day yet, the Usos are out of commission, so I guess we're staying with Miz and Morrison? Hey hey, ho ho!

Lashley/Truth: R-Truth was hilarious, genuinely a good laugh anytime he's on television. He works out at my friend's gym in the Mecklenburg area. Timing was off here too, but man, I wish they'd make MVP a full-blown manager already. That's the perfect way to introduce Lashley as his first client. They meshed well in TNA and would add legitimacy to Lashley and MVP.

Bayley/Tamina: I'm digging Bayley's heel persona. I didn't know what it'd look like when it originally happened, but she's grown into her own. And with Tamina in the picture, we all knew how the match would end. This match reminds me how much Tamina doesn't deserve anything. Maybe in 2010 when the division wasn't much? But not in 2020. Can't wait for the Banks face turn on Bayley, but they're likely saving it til fans are back.

Strowman/Wyatt: Best story-telling match of the night, and the second-best match of the night overall. I feel like Bray is producing his matches and it's wonderful. There wasn't a beat of this match that wasn't meaningful. Strowman destroying Bray early on, Wyatt fighting back, the puppets appearing, Strowman dawning the Black Sheep mask, faking out Wyatt and outsmarting him, and then the Fiend pops up at the end. This feud is far from over and we're getting Strowman versus the Fiend next. I'm ready for it.

McIntyre/Rollins: This was THE match of the night. These guys had 20 minutes to go and they did just that. No surprise here as both are incredibly talented in the ring. Clear winner, of course, but it was a solid outing.

MITB: I'm glad they combined the two. Cut down 25ish minutes of the show and kept us from seeing the same spots and idea twice in one night. I can say my eyes were glued and fixed on the TV, because I like there's some effort to make the most out of this situation. I expected it all: a couple cameos, funny spots, minimal bumps off ladders, and a brawling style to claw to the top. Would've killed for this match concept to be in the Attitude Era with Austin, Rock, Taker, Big Show, and a couple more fighting through WWE HQ. Most cameos didn't make sense (not-real-Doink and Brother Love) to name a couple, the Heyman cameo was distasteful and should've been someone else, while Stephanie letting Dana Brooke know the briefcase was on the roof when it's been advertised for 3 weeks is a head-scratcher.

As for the winners, I am 100% for Asuka. She's stepped up her game the past couple months and deserves this. She'll be perfect to cash in on Becky Lynch and not need the crowd reaction for it and this is the perfect way to end Lynch's long title reign. I could even see Shayna finally topping Lynch and Asuka swooping in to take the title away, but either scenario is gold. Otis was a big head-scratcher for me. Styles, Black, and Corbin were all viable winners in that situation, but you know Otis won't be Universal or WWE Champion. There's been discussion as to what to do on this thread, but nobody buys Otis as a world champion. Who knows what Vince is thinking next, but it's likely to serve a purpose with Mandy Rose turning heel or advancing the Ziggler/Otis feud. But we'll add Otis to the list of men who won the match and not the title.

Aside from Brock Lesnar who walked down mid-match and won the briefcase last year, Dean Ambrose was the last traditional participant to win the men's Money in the Bank ladder match and successfully win the world title in 2016. This "sure thing" definitely is tainted.

ALSO! 2 hours and 23 minutes is the runtime for the PPV, the shortest since the In Your House events in the 90's
    Last edited by Finishline; 05-11-2020 at 05:04 PM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I enjoyed Money in the Bank, I thought it was good enjoyable fun.

People reading so much into Black & Rey being thrown off the roof and how they should now be dead has giving me such an extra laugh Haha! Watch it back, they land within seconds of being thrown implying there's levels. Very simple.

The cameo's were good fun! Vince & Brother Love killed me Haha! I thought Otis came across great and his win was a nice surprise. Interested to see what the next stage is. Tag cash in? Perhaps Dolph will cost him, or even take it from him? Maybe Tucker will be jealous? Perhaps Mandy will turn on him? Couple of solid options.

Love Asuka as well, so was totally fine with her winning the female side of MITB.

Card was pretty solid and the show seemed to zoom by, which was a plus. Drew vs Seth was enjoyable, nothing I really disliked at all.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Bugger it, I'm on board with Otis Dozovic as Mr. MITB. Throw in a random lowercard guy to win a Big Thing TM once every five or so years to really push the idea that 'anyone can win it, not just the guys in the uppercard who have no concurrent storyline right now,' and as long as the lowercard guy themselves isn't the drizzling shits (cough cough Jinder) then go for it. Otis is deceptively good - he had a banger of a solo match on NXT against Ciampa, him & Tucker aced it against New Day - pretty over as far as I can tell, which admittedly is difficult to tell in this current climate but he was getting pretty good reactions back when we had crowds, and has a character/gimmick that is an actual character/gimmick. Plus it makes for some pretty big questions that have people genuinely guessing where this storyline will go. Personally I'm hoping he aims to use the cash-in for the tag titles with Tucker, there's a unique story that I don't think has been told before. But that's just me and my whole 'FRIENDSHIP' thing, so, y'know. Whatev.

I feel it's probably a bit soon for him to win a world title, but there isn't much harm in having him duke it out in the upper echelon of the card and seeing if he can hang with then, successful cash-in or not.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

There's been talk of Otis giving the case to Mandy or using it to cash in for a tag title match, which he alluded to prior to his victory. I'd much prefer the latter, as it's unique and it keeps the team together. Plus, New Day would make good opponents for a "respect" cash in angle and would give a little rub to Heavy Machinery were they to drop the belts. It's pretty much win win as far as I see it, so....

Otis is going to give the briefcase to Mandy, who will then reveal she's been using him all along, give the briefcase to Dolph, who will cash in on Braun after the Fiend kicks his ass and give us that Dolph title reign we're all clamouring for. Otis will then be forced to watch Mandy make out with Dolph week after week while losing all singles and tag matches. That's the good shit pal.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I finally watched the main event.

What a load of shite I know they're in a tough spot, but this wasn't good at all. The comedy was bottom of the barrel funny even by WWE comedy standards. I've lost count of the amount of times this company has tried to present a food fight as entertaining and they never are. And then they follow that scene up with another scene with Otis being distracted by food. i get it. The fat oaf likes food. Tell a different joke now. They struck gold with the Boneyard match, but these cinematic match are having diminishing returns. Probably the best joke in it was Vince using hand sanitizer but I still couldn't enjoy it because he's mocking Corona at a time when he's not protecting his employees at all. His daughter gets to show up via video and be edited in to undermine the women, but everyone else has to get on a plane every week. Totally repetitive match, they had 5 minutes worth of ideas and stretched it out for the best part of 30 minutes.

Why did Dana halfway through scream to another woman TELL ME WHERE THE BRIEFCASE IS? We were all told it was on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I finally watched the main event.

What a load of shite I know they're in a tough spot, but this wasn't good at all. The comedy was bottom of the barrel funny even by WWE comedy standards. I've lost count of the amount of times this company has tried to present a food fight as entertaining and they never are. And then they follow that scene up with another scene with Otis being distracted by food. i get it. The fat oaf likes food. Tell a different joke now. They struck gold with the Boneyard match, but these cinematic match are having diminishing returns. Probably the best joke in it was Vince using hand sanitizer but I still couldn't enjoy it because he's mocking Corona at a time when he's not protecting his employees at all. His daughter gets to show up via video and be edited in to undermine the women, but everyone else has to get on a plane every week. Totally repetitive match, they had 5 minutes worth of ideas and stretched it out for the best part of 30 minutes.

Why did Dana halfway through scream to another woman TELL ME WHERE THE BRIEFCASE IS? We were all told it was on the roof.
    Look on the plus side. If all of these other cinematic matches fail to deliver, the WWE will only forcefully keep running the style for another...15 or 20 years. You'll probably still be alive then.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Look on the plus side. If all of these other cinematic matches fail to deliver, the WWE will only forcefully keep running the style for another...15 or 20 years. You'll probably still be alive then.
    Well I would like to think I'll live to see 50

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information