Thread: WWE WrestleMania 36 - The Undertaker vs AJ Styles

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Wrestlemania Generic WWE WrestleMania 36 - The Undertaker vs AJ Styles

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    The Undertaker will once again rise to step onto The Grandest Stage of Them All for a highly personal showdown against AJ Styles.

At WWE Super ShowDown, moments after The O.C. took out Rey Mysterio in an attempt to help Styles win Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy Gauntlet Match, The Deadman suddenly emerged and took down The Phenomenal One to seize the honor. Then at WWE Elimination Chamber, Undertaker again emerged to pave the way for Styles to be defeated by Aleister Black in a No Disqualification Match.

Back on Monday Night Raw, an irate Styles showed major disrespect for The Demon of Death Valley by vowing to take The Deadman’s soul. In a message to The Undertaker that got personal, Styles declared The Undertaker has desecrated a beautiful moment at WrestleMania 33 by continuing to compete for the past three years, implied he was at the beck and call of his “conniving” wife, Michelle McCool, and promised to put the final nail in The Deadman’s coffin by challenging him to a match at The Showcase of the Immortals.

During a contract signing on the March 16 edition of Raw, Styles appeared from the backstage area to mock his adversary and put pen to paper, but he refused to meet The Undertaker in the ring. Instead, he sent his O.C. mates to the squared circle to deliver the contract to The Deadman, who brutalized Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson before signing the dotted line. The following week on Raw, the brazen Styles once again mocked The Last Outlaw and challenged him to a "Boneyard Match."

Can Styles overcome The Undertaker at the event that made a Superstar into a Phenom? WrestleMania 36 is The Only WrestleMania Too Big for Just One Night! Don't miss an historic two-night presentation, streaming on WWE Network with former New England Patriot Rob Gronkowski hosting The Show of Shows at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 4, and Sunday, April 5.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Re: WWE WrestleMania 36 - The Undertaker vs AJ Styles

Undertaker goes over Styles

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Taker transitioning back to a more realistic character is something that's totally taken me by surprise. I've no use for the match, especially in what's apparently just a punjabi prison made out of bones, but that was the most I've liked a Taker promo in over a decade.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

people seem to think the "unholy trinity" he talks about bringing with him is actual people but I think he just means a combo of his personas. (Deadman, Biker, Big Evil?)

Either way like Ed say it's refreshing to see him like this again. He's very stale as the guy who comes out and just says, "you soul is mine and I'll bury it. RIP k bye"
    He's actually a really good talker.

WC without Duke is like McDonalds without the Big Mac. - DD

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'd not describe him as a great talker. Even as the American Badass he was fine, but nothing special. He's had some proper shit promos in his career.

Then again I've never been big on Undertaker in any gimmick.

I didn't mind his promo deliverythis week though. Even if I think the content in the promos for this feud is not so good.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

I like this “get off my lawn” pissed off old man Taker, and I enjoyed the promo he cut on Monday.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm not sure I like the shooty elements of the feud honestly. You can make it personal between Taker and AJ because it's better than Taker just wanting a match against AJ or vice versa but it's bordering a line. Taker being a more realistic character however is something I can get aboard with saying all that.

Anyone who what a boneyard match is or have they already said?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'm not sure I like the shooty elements of the feud honestly. You can make it personal between Taker and AJ because it's better than Taker just wanting a match against AJ or vice versa but it's bordering a line. Taker being a more realistic character however is something I can get aboard with saying all that.

Anyone who what a boneyard match is or have they already said?
    It's such an out of place storyline.

It made sense during the Cena feud of 2016 because AJ still, in kayfabe, had something to prove when he came into WWE. That's what made it so satisfying when AJ won because it proved he was the real deal.

In 2020 - after AJ has had multiple very long WWE title reigns, beaten the likes of Cena - the story doesn't make sense. Outside of Undertaker getting to put over that his era were the real stars and these goons don't matter. A sentiment that will be reinforced when the old man wins on Sunday.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Thread Information