Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Pokemon Emerald Randomised Nuzlocke Challenge

Glitching It

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The Pokemon Emerald Randomised Nuzlocke Challenge

Not had a chance to play any further for a couple of days, but had the synopsis for the next instalment written out already, so wanted to get this out here. I am going to hopefully play a bit once I've posted this update and then over the weekend do some more. I'm really happy with how this is all going, so want to keep the good times rolling, as I think that I am actually in with a shot of winning this challenge with the team I currently have. I want to see this thing through, as I am awful at committing to things like this (see: all previous BTB attempts).

Chapter Ten:
    THE RECURRING REMORAID RAMPAGE

After I leave the WEATHER INSTITUTE, I run into my old friend MAY, who wants to battle me. She sends out a Level 29 SUNKERN first, which I wipe out with one Flame Wheel from Silk (TYPHLOSION). Her Level 29 TOGEPI went down after some Razor Leaf action from Shake (MEGANIUM) and her starter Pokemon (which has done much better than mine!), a Level 31 FORRETRESS is dealt with by an Ember from C3K (CHARIZARD). My reward for defeating May is the HM for Fly, which I teach to Charizard because it is STAB and also flying on a Charizard is some dope shit.

I then arrive in FORTREE CITY, but something unseen is blocking my path to the Gym! Whilst speaking to peeps I receive the TM for Slash, which I teach to Typhlosion, as Charizard is going to learn it eventually anyway. I head on over to ROUTE 120, where I find a Lucky Egg and I give it to Cyrus (KYOGRE) to help him move up them levels quicker. Whilst on Route 120, I catch my encounter for the area:

RED
    SHARPEDO

Level: 25
    Caught: ROUTE 120

Moves:
    Rage
    Focus Energy
    Scary Face
    Crunch

Ability:
    Shadow Tag

Whilst on Route 120, I bump into STEVEN on a bridge and he tells me about the unseen objects blocking my path everywhere I try to go and gives me the Devon Scope, which identifies the Pokemon! There are loads of these around (I believe six in total), so like the statics in New Mauville, I am going to pick up the first one I like, and not necessarily the first one I find, but I can only catch one of these. The first is a CLEFAIRY, but I decide to pass on it. Second is a REMORAID. So is the third, the fourth flees instead of fighting, the fifth is also a Remoraid and so is the sixth. After twigging the pattern, on the sixth static encounter I catch the Level 30 Remoraid.

Mitch
    REMORAID

Level: 30
    Caught: ROUTE 119 (Static Encounter)

Moves:
    Lock-On
    Psybeam
    Aurora Beam
    Bubblebeam

Ability:
    Hyper Cutter

Neither of these guys are likely to trouble anyone on the team, but they'll be good in case I ever get wiped out and need some back ups to come in. So, in preparation for the Gym, my next move is to grind and get everyone on the team up to at least Level 30, which does not take too long, thankfully. So, I decide that I am ready.

FORTREE GYM
    LEADER: WINONA

So, WINONA usually uses a Level 29 Swablu, a Level 29 Tropius, a Level 30 Pelipper, a Level 31 Skarmory and that fucking Altaria at Level 33.

In my battle, she starts off with a Level 29 KRABBY, and despite resisting the move, one Surf from Kyogre sweeps it in one hit. Next in is a Level 29 SEAKING, which is also beaten with Surf, but with two of them instead. Winona's third Pokemon is a Level 30 URSARING, so I send in Todd (HITMONCHAN). It starts raining, thanks to Drizzle, but at least Kyogre's Surf is also going to get the benefit of it, if I need to use it again. One Sky Uppercut from Hitmonchan takes Ursaring down to 1HP. This however draws out one of Winona's Hyper Potions. On the next turn, Ursaring misses its attack but one Revenge from Todd is enough to take the big bear down.

Next in is a Level 33 TEDDIURSA, who wants to avenge its father. It too suffers the same fate from Todd and is beaten with Revenge. Winona's final Pokemon is a Level 31 SMEARGLE, who sketches Revenge but then falls victim to it. So, one of the hardest Gym battles in the normal variant of the game is dealt with by just two of my team. Hitmonchan is starting to make up for almost losing us this thing in Dewford.

MAN WAS GIVEN THE FEATHER BADGE

That puts me on six Gym Badges! Next post will likely be me dealing with Team Aqua and Team Magma some more before I head over to Mossdeep for the next Gym. Here is the team:

Party:

Todd (HITMONCHAN) - Level 33
    Silk (TYPHLOSION) - Level 40
    Cyrus (KYOGRE) - Level 42
    Gardsy (GARDEVOIR) - Level 30
    C3K (CHARIZARD) - Level 30
    Shake (MEGANIUM) - Level 30

PC Box:

Shawn (VOLBEAT) - Level 2
    OMB (PONYTA) - Level 7
    Keefshroom (SHROOMISH) - Level 5
    Sullydot (SEEDOT) - Level 10
    NinShada (NINCADA) - Level 15
    PoryGip (PORYGON) - Level 17
    Shock II (NINETALES) - Level 21
    WigglyTig (WIGGLYTUFF) - Level 19
    Renji II (BEEDRILL) - Level 20
    Zero II (BANETTE) - Level 20
    John Mayer (AZURILL) - Level 20
    Wang (PELIPPER) - Level 25
    Fuji (HERACROSS) - Level 19
    RED (SHARPEDO) - Level 25
    Mitch (REMORAID) - Level 30

Fainted:

1. Shiny Ed (GRAVELER) - Level 11 (Roselia - Absorb)
    2. Shock (MASQUERAIN) - Level 12 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    3. Tig (BAGON) - Level 18 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    4. Renji (DELCATTY) - Level 10 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    5. Zero (SANDSLASH) - Level 14 - (Omastar - Water Gun)
    6. JMA (SWABLU) - Level 17 (Hitmonchan - Revenge)
    7. Sayer (MILTANK) - Level 23 (Omanyte - Bite)

HOSS MOD

Status

Look at all these Water Types, thinking they can step up to the King of the Sea...

It's kind of a shame that this is still 3rd Gen, because that Sharpedo would be a lot more scary with the physical/special split.

Poor Winona. From Nuzlocke destroyer to a fucking Normal Type pushover.

Glitching It

Status
      Country                    UK

So, this isn't dead. What happened was I had the next Chapter written up, but my internet crashed and closed my browser and I couldn't recover it. Basically, I did a lot of the story stuff, smashed through the Team Aqua and Team Magma bases. I had lots of encounters in and around Lilycove, but I only caught a Level 6 Bulbasaur and a Level 30 Mankey. I'm going to forgo putting all of the Pokemon pictures in the posts too, so from here on out everything is going to be a bit more basic, but the story will still be there.

Chapter Eleven:
    DOUBLE TROUBLE IN MOSSDEEP CITY

As Mossdeep City is another City in the Hoenn region that is surrounded by water, there are a number of surfing and fishing areas where new encounters are available. My exploration around Mossdeep was successful in terms of catches as I managed to pick up four more Pokemon for the PC box. A Level 17 Trapinch on Route 124, so my dream of a three tier Dragon Pokemon can still come true should I wish it to. A Level 32 Chinchou in Mossdeep City, a Level 26 Electrike on Route 124 and a Level 26 Machoke in Shoal Cave. Out of all of these, I think I would consider training the Electrike up to have a Manetric as a good Electric type in the team, but I already have enough power on the team to deal with Water and Flying types just from sheer bulkiness alone, mainly from Kyogre. I also found another Lucky Egg in Shoal Cave,

MOSSDEEP GYM
    LEADERS: TATE AND LIZA

The Mossdeep City Gym is the first Gym in the games where there are two Gym leaders, and the battle is a Double Battle. Usually employing the use of Psychic type Pokemon, Tate and Liza normally start with a Level 41 Claydol and a Level 41 Xatu, followed up by their Level 42 Lunatone and Level 42 Solrock.

My Typhlosion and Kyogre, as my strongest Pokemon, started the battle for me against a Level 41 Pinsir and a Level 41 Aggron. Aggron went down in one Flame Wheel and Pinsir in two Ancientpowers from Kyogre. The aces this time around was a Level 42 Natu and a Level 42 Mankey. A Flame Wheel to the Mankey and Ice Beam to Natu was enough to seal the deal here, earning me my seventh Gym Badge!

MAN WAS GIVEN THE MIND BADGE

I leave the Gym however and there is some trouble at the Mossdeep Space Center! Team Magma are trying to steal rocket fuel! I breeze through them with Typhlosion and then meet up with STEVEN, who I team up with take on MAXIE and one of the Magma Executives in a Double Battle. The opponents start off with a Level 42 Corphish and a Level 36 Slaking, which could be terrifying, as it doesn't have Truant in this game due to the randomizer. Thankfully, a Surf from my Kyogre and Psychic from Steven's Metang takes the Slaking out. It is replaced by a Level 40 Staryu, so with two Water Pokemon in front of me, I switch in my Meganium. Metang's Psychic takes out the Corphish and a Level 44 Sneasel comes in. I switch Meganium out for Typhlosion, as Staryu has also set up a Minimize so I can still hit it with Swift. a Flame Wheel from Typhlosion takes out the Sneasel and a Level 43 Caterpie is sent out (oh no!). Metal Claw from this beastly Metang takes care of the Caterpie. I hit Swift on the Staryu and Metang finishes it off with Psychic. The final Pokemon in the double battle is a Level 38 Forretress... a 4x super effective Flame Wheel does the job on that. As a thank you for helping, Steven gives me the HM for Dive, which I need in order to get to Sootopolis for my final Gym Badge!

Party:

Todd (HITMONCHAN) - Level 37
    Silk (TYPHLOSION) - Level 46
    Cyrus (KYOGRE) - Level 48
    Gardsy (GARDEVOIR) - Level 35
    C3K (CHARIZARD) - Level 32
    Shake (MEGANIUM) - Level 40

Fainted:

1. Shiny Ed (GRAVELER) - Level 11 (Roselia - Absorb)
    2. Shock (MASQUERAIN) - Level 12 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    3. Tig (BAGON) - Level 18 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    4. Renji (DELCATTY) - Level 10 (Omastar - Water Gun)
    5. Zero (SANDSLASH) - Level 14 - (Omastar - Water Gun)
    6. JMA (SWABLU) - Level 17 (Hitmonchan - Revenge)
    7. Sayer (MILTANK) - Level 23 (Omanyte - Bite)

(I'm not going to bother listing out all of the Box Pokemon, as it has gotten ridiculous by this point, as I've had crazy good catching luck in this game. I think in the next one of these I do I will only allow myself to have six alive Pokemon at once, so I can only catch a Pokemon if one faints.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information