Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,557 of 1557

Thread: Coronavirus

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post
    I had a headache from this weekend (drinking) and then woke up this morning with red spots on my throat. Call in and say that I should be tested for COVID, even with the headache being nonexistent and just spots on my throat.

Test comes back positive... no fever, breathing fine, nothing inside my throat.. but a positive COVID test. Won't do a re-test because "a positive is a positive."

Self-isolation for these next ten days are gonna be fun *thumbs up*
    That's awful. Hope you feel better. Early days but happy you're not getting the worst of the noticeable symptoms, hopefully it stays that way.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I had a headache from this weekend (drinking) and then woke up this morning with red spots on my throat. Call in and say that I should be tested for COVID, even with the headache being nonexistent and just spots on my throat.

Test comes back positive... no fever, breathing fine, nothing inside my throat.. but a positive COVID test. Won't do a re-test because "a positive is a positive."

Hope you get through it with no issues. Please keep us posted and stay safe.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

Get better soon!!!
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny

Status
      Country                    UK

Hope it all passes and you get through it with no issues mate.

——

One of the guys on my football team tested positive when he came back from holiday a couple of weeks ago. He was completely asymptomatic and only got tested because one of the guys he went with tested positive after being required to be tested by his work as he’d been out of the country. Seven lads went on that holiday and all tested positive after the first guy did but all were asymptomatic and all got through the quarantine period without issues. I haven’t interacted with him since he’s been out of quarantine but it’s crazy to think about how many people have had it without realising.

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Best wishes Finishline, take care dude

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

they get results back hours later now? thats progress at least

WC without Duke is like McDonalds without the Big Mac. - DD

WAKE UP

Status

At the risk of asking a really dumb question, how did you see the spots in your throat?

Hope you feel better!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Duke View Post
    they get results back hours later now? thats progress at least
    its funny because we also can get results faster but it depends whos paying.

i was talking to one of the dads of one of the kids on my sons baseball team and he works in medical/ testing. He said, private companies actually pay to get their test results faster( like a mining company where people fly out to work for a month) and everyone else, it can take a day or two.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Look at all her follows on Twitter, as well. And how she's been on Fox News numerous times. It definitely smells fishy.

Again, I want to go on and state how obviously we know the Chinese government is not to be trusted. I don't think we even need to mention that, but hey. It doesn't hurt. And China trying to silence people obviously does happen. But we can't assume that is always the case.

If it was truly manmade, top intelligence agencies out of Korea, Japan, Taiwan and others in that region would have been all over it.

Pretty much yeah, this sums it up.

I read her paper.

It's mostly bullshit and comes from an illogical viewpoint. It's terribad and the reason she's flaunting the paper now is because it'll get destroyed in Peer Reviewal.

I'm not a virologist but even I can see some issues with her supposed 'evidence'.

I have alot of doubts about her claims and her apparent expertise. Alot of her references are just complete bullshit as well - how many peer reviewed references has she used in this paper?

She's probably never even ran a PCR test in her fucking life.

Waste of time. Shit's just thinly veiled propaganda and pseudoscience.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    At the risk of asking a really dumb question, how did you see the spots in your throat?

Hope you feel better!
    They were spots on the outside of my throat. Sorry, should've been clear lol. Inside my throat was fine lol

And whoever said getting results quicker, I got mine within an hour from the university.

Cardcaptor

Status

That's good.

How've you been feeling?
    Everything will surely be alright.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Really sucks that places seem to pick and choose the wait time for results. My dad was tested and got his results back 3 days later. My aunt and cousin who were positive didn't hear back for four days I believe it was. That waiting time would be awful.

Main Eventer

Status

Really sucks that places seem to pick and choose the wait time for results. My dad was tested and got his results back 3 days later. My aunt and cousin who were positive didn't hear back for four days I believe it was. That waiting time would be awful.
    i know someone who missed the call for results( came the next day) they left a message saying you need to answer the phone. She waited 3 more days for the next call. it was negative

She had to obviously miss work and lost money since it was negative( the government only pays if its positive)

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

With the 3 people who I've known that have tested all got their results emailed to them so that way they have visual proof of it.

Main Eventer

Status

With the 3 people who I've known that have tested all got their results emailed to them so that way they have visual proof of it.
    yeah my fiancee got hers by phone, then a followup email. now i heard its just emails.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Few people from my work having to now isolate but still can't get a test atm. When I took my test a while ago now it was booked pretty late in the day, delivered next day and posted off and I got the results the following day by email and text, was a pretty a pretty good process overall tbh. Had a lovely gentleman spit towards staff in work the other day, all because he was asked to distance himself and not stand right against another person who was clearly very uncomfortable, thankfully we have the protective screens and the other person we tried to help out went and bought us some chocolates. Baffles me that there are still people, 6 months on from lockdown, who still don't get the rules you have to follow.

Status
      Country                    United States

So at work on my work the psych unit, they are still taking in kids, because money you know. And the kids have to "quarantine" in their rooms until their tests comes back. On the hallway with the rest of the unit. They can't come out. But these are kids with autism, ADHD, PTSD. An 8 year old with those things won't stay in their room. Had one kid recently who just needed a lot of attention but on quarantine it's hard to give it to him. And then guess what happens if the kid gets escalated because he's stuck in his room? We have to restrain him, and get close to him for a long period of time. I was honestly hoping he did test positive so I could sue the fucking place for their fake Quarantine procedure. No point in even doing it if they're not separated from the other kids.

But yes those 3-4 days seems like forever for me when we're waiting on them to have their tests come back.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread Information