Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    USA surges pass 100k cases, more than 20k cases than China now.
    It’s important to remember that China may not be entirely truthful with their numbers.

EDIT: Also, another little slice of Trump's narcissism...

https://www.wtkr.com/news/national/w...-stimulus-bill

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 03-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status

Question. Only because I'm fairly certain I saw a few others say they work at grocery stores, "the front lines" as the news keeps referring to us and medical personnel.

How are you coping being out among customers?

Our aisles are so tight together, makes me so uncomfortable being that close to everyone with everything going on that I find myself staying in the stock room and doing random jobs back there that I normally wouldn't do to keep myself off the floor.

Also probably helps that our shipments barely show up anymore, and if they do it's a always a few days late and about a thousand cases light. If they were showing up regularly I'd have to be on the floor a lot more.
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 03-28-2020 at 09:17 PM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

What country are you in? In the UK we have limits for the amount of people in a store at once now, and when queuing everyone needs to be 2m away. Food shopping honestly hasn't been too bad for me. Just more anxious and eerie rather than frantic and messy.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status

Canada.

We have the 2m away thing but doesn't seem like anyone shopping follows that.

We haven't gotten to the limit of people yet at the place I work at but that would definitely solve things. Went past Walmart in town yesterday and they had just started enforcing that so maybe we will be next.

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    What country are you in? In the UK we have limits for the amount of people in a store at once now, and when queuing everyone needs to be 2m away. Food shopping honestly hasn't been too bad for me. Just more anxious and eerie rather than frantic and messy.

Honestly, in some ways it's actually an improvement haha

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I have no anxiety when shopping but yeah, it's calm and peaceful for me. Don't have to worry about dickheads taking forever at the shelves.

What's frustrating me though is seeing the amount of people cut about with masks on? I thought that was something you only do if you're unwell? They don't really protect otherwise do they?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    I have no anxiety when shopping but yeah, it's calm and peaceful for me. Don't have to worry about dickheads taking forever at the shelves.

What's frustrating me though is seeing the amount of people cut about with masks on? I thought that was something you only do if you're unwell? They don't really protect otherwise do they?
    Im sure Ed can correct me if I’m wrong but masks help protect you from droplets in the air and reduces the risk of hand to mouth transfer (it’s certainly not something you just wear if your already ill).

It’s not a full proof method for sure but then the only full proof method is literally having zero contact with the outside world. Anything that can cut down the risk of potential infection is good enough for me.

As for shopping in general it’s definitely gotta a lot better since supermarkets got stricter with the rules and enforced the 2m rule. Certainly helps that we have a real love for queues over here so abide by them no matter what.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Im sure Ed can correct me if I’m wrong but masks help protect you from droplets in the air and reduces the risk of hand to mouth transfer (it’s certainly not something you just wear if your already ill).

It’s not a full proof method for sure but then the only full proof method is literally having zero contact with the outside world. Anything that can cut down the risk of potential infection is good enough for me.

As for shopping in general it’s definitely gotta a lot better since supermarkets got stricter with the rules and enforced the 2m rule. Certainly helps that we have a real love for queues over here so abide by them no matter what.
    The standard surgical mask that people are cutting about in? They seem like they'd be about as useful as standard PPE gloves. Effective for a small window of time and require replacing after any sort of interaction. They don't seem tight enough to stop the microscopic viruses coming through.

I thought they'd be more useful keeping an infection in than keeping it out. People who are sick wear them because it reduces droplet spread potential.

There's studies that they're effective in a healthcare setting (no surprise) but less conclusive evidence they work for a general population.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I think the masks aren't too bad because even if you are asymptomatic, you can still carry the illness. So even if it just prevents the virus getting out from you, it's still slightly better than not wearing one at all.

I would hope that anyone that goes shopping is asymptomatic.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Main Eventer

Status

As a machinist i have a experience with masks. They aren't to prevent you from getting it. First off masks have to be fitted to your face. Any gap around the mask that isnt against your face( either by not fitting or facial hair) will act as an area that will suck in more dust(for example in my field) Same thing applies for droplets.

i do see the idea behind not touching that area if you are wearing one.

But those masks are more about keeping droplets in like when you cough

Dyson invented a ventilator in 10 days and will make 15000 right away.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6737451/c...n-ventilators/
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-29-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    ROH 2003 - end of 2008 = best years of wrestling ever

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I don't wear the masks. I don't need them for work because we don't need to take the tops off of the blood samples so our exposure is minimal, and I don't feel the need to wear one out and about because I know better than to touch my face with my hand when I'm outside my house and I keep a safe distance from others so droplets aren't anything that concerns me. My hands are becoming fucked from how much I have to wash them at work though. Unless you know how to apply them and take them off properly, the masks are not gonna help you too much if you're asymptomatic. When you hear stories about the ward staff being short of masks, it doesn't make me feel like I should be buying them for my own personal use.

I'd agree, shopping experiences seem to have improved this week.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Looking on the positives my areas health board is the hotbed for confirmed cases, however first time a while we've had a successive drops in cases.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Anyone shaved their topper yet

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

Seems that states that supported Trump in 2016 are getting what they request for in aid, with Florida even receiving 200% of what they asked.

States whom opposed him? Not much. Maine got 5% of requested, Mass roughly 17%, and New York? 2%.

rump has been allocating Federal Resources in the following priority.

TOP: Battleground states in the Election
    NEXT: Red States that support him
    LAST: Blue States that have opposed his policies

Also, this:

https://www.theroot.com/the-trump-ad...-80-1842526968

So it seems he was very much serious when he said you have to sing his praises and be nice to him to get help.
    Last edited by Sakura; 03-29-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Seems that states that supported Trump in 2016 are getting what they request for in aid, with Florida even receiving 200% of what they asked.

States whom opposed him? Not much. Maine got 5% of requested, Mass roughly 17%, and New York? 2%.

rump has been allocating Federal Resources in the following priority.

TOP: Battleground states in the Election
    NEXT: Red States that support him
    LAST: Blue States that have opposed his policies

Also, this:

https://www.theroot.com/the-trump-ad...-80-1842526968

So it seems he was very much serious when he said you have to sing his praises and be nice to him to get help.
    If it were at all possible I could honestly see Trump making people vote for him for re-election before they get any aid/assistance. He's shown several times his only investment in all this is caring about his re-election campaign and not all the people dying.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    If it were at all possible I could honestly see Trump making people vote for him for re-election before they get any aid/assistance. He's shown several times his only investment in all this is caring about his re-election campaign and not all the people dying.
    And his people would.

They have shown that they will vote for him no matter what, and support him no matter what. They see no wrong in what he does, no matter how low and crooked. It's how indoctrination works.

There is no use even arguing with them, as they will even see videos of him saying something and scream it's fake news and doctored.

If he somehow manages, after all of this, and 4 years of this, to get re-elected? There really is not much faith to be had in the USA left in the next coming decades.
    Everything will surely be alright.

[Run]

Status

So, what new hobbies have people suddenly picked up?

I'm trying to learn Chinese (Mandarin), pretty pleased with how it's going as I'm starting to recognise certain characters (singular/plural, masculine/feminine, etc.), and it's something that could really benefit my career development if I can at least get the gist of it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    So, what new hobbies have people suddenly picked up?

I'm trying to learn Chinese (Mandarin), pretty pleased with how it's going as I'm starting to recognise certain characters (singular/plural, masculine/feminine, etc.), and it's something that could really benefit my career development if I can at least get the gist of it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk
    I've turned to reading books i've not read for a while. Also doing yoga with the kids has been entertaining haha.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Yep - lots of reading, and running. Also catching up on movies and TV shows.

The stock market showing some green is causing my heart to finally slow down. Though people around me are taking salary cuts or losing their jobs outright far too frequently. I feel like things are getting clearer on a timeline but then it's not like we're seeing slowing growth of the virus.

Every day I'm hoping for a movie like moment where some junior researcher comes running out of a building with the vaccine.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Yep - lots of reading, and running. Also catching up on movies and TV shows.
    Speaking of running, I don't think I've ever seen it so popular in this town! Amazing what a bit of social distancing will do.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread Information