Thread: 'Transformative Changes' Potentially Coming to WWE Network

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

'Transformative Changes' Potentially Coming to WWE Network

So at the quarterly conference today, Vince dropped some suggestions that the current setup of the WWE Network could be changing and changing very soon 'frankly in the next quarter'. Vince was asked if the WWE Network was a business they could sell to partners such as ESPN+, and Vince answered 'right now is no more better time than to exercise the selling of our rights - all the majors are really clamouring for our content'. When followed up by a question on whether that means something like Wrestlemania and other PPVS could be moved off the rumble, there was a clarification that nothing is off the table.

I've often said that no matter what my thoughts are on the current product, I'll never cancel the WWE Network because there will always be something on the archives I want to check out and I still always watch the PPVs so it's worth the money. However, that won't be the case for every subscriber, some people don't really care about the archives and the developmental brands and the network is just there for the PPVs, so any move to remove live PPVs from the network and make us pay for it somewhere else is going to be a tough pill to swallow and really reduces the value for money casual fans would have in the network. That's only speculation at this point, I mean how many years has there been talk of tiered pricing and it's never come to fruition.

For some more context on why they are looking to change things, network subscriptions have been tumbling the last few Quarters so their growth has really stagnated. I would of thought it was common fucking sense that the on-screen product is the problem with falling network subs (and the growing dislike for the company as a whole e.g. saudi deals) and not the WWE Network itself so it's frustrating to see them go down this road to dismantle one of the best things they've ever created.

Say My Name

Status

Re: 'Transformative Changes' Potentially Coming to WWE Network

Yeah ultimately it is the product that is causing subs to go down and the Network to stagnate.

I would probably be in that section tbh. I don't use the Network nearly as much now with NXT dropping on a Friday. Really the main thing that keeps me with it is the WWE 24 shows, the PPV archives and the current PPVs. If I had to go somewhere else for PPVs I would definitely reconsider my subscription.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

If they remove live PPVs from the service, I will likely cancel. While I love the archives, not having to pay an additional 60+ dollars a month for a PPV is the major selling point for me so if that's gone, it definitely takes away a lot of the appeal.

Pretty good

Status
      Country                    Ireland

It’s a case of the genie being out of the bottle. After pricing WrestleMania at £9.99 (little known fact; you get the first month free) and making a point on TV of hammering that fact over peoples heads, laughing at anyone that still was buying traditional PPV when they could get the Network for a fraction of the cost, it’ll be a tough sell to get anyone to start forking out those prices again. Be it on PPV, or the ESPN model. I’d still keep the Network for the archives, as the new shows are just a bonus to me if I feel like watching.

People's Champion

Status

The lack of classic content is whats making people unsubscribe as well.

They should have every 70s 80s and 90s televised house show from MSG, Boston Gardens, Spectrum, Maple Leaf Gardens, Sports Arena, Sam Houston Arena on the network. it doesnt even make sense that they had more of these on WWE.
    Classics on Demand than the network

im on Wwenetworknews and its the number one complaint and reason people unsubscribe. lack of 80s and 90s content. They literally slapped all those people in the face by actually putting out only 10 episodes of prime time at the last classic content drop.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The removal of the PPVs would make me thing twice before renewing my subscription. I love the archive but I haven't used it in a while and one of the few things that makes me not get rid is the live PPVs that I can just watch with no complications and at a cheap price. Paying for a singular PPV is off putting given their shows aren't the best

Thread Information