Thread: An Open Letter From Bell Connelly

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

An Open Letter From Bell Connelly

-To the FWA wrestlers, staff and fans

I know, this is Back In Business time and for once I’m not trying to force the spotlight on myself, so I’m not going to draw this out any more then I need to.

I am formally announcing my retirement from pro wrestling.

No, it’s not for the reasons you think; one thing I’m grateful for is the fact that my surgery was a total success, and after some intense therapy I think I’m finally back to full mobility. So no, Don’t think I’m doing this because I can’t wrestle any more.

...But I won’t. Never again

To make a long story short; My mind...doesn’t work the way it should. I’m sick in the head, I’m sure that’s not going to be a surprise to anyone, but ever since my injury, I’ve been going to therapy, I’ve been taking medication, and I’m only now realizing...Well, what everyone else did years ago. But like I said, I’m getting better, I’ve turned a corner, I’ve stopped hearing voices in my head and thoughts are more coherent than they’ve ever been. That’s why I can never go back to FWA or wrestling at large….I’ve learned that being in a wrestling ring triggers...certain behaviors. I’m an addict. An addict to the spotlight. An addict to attention. Sane or crazy, I’m a performer, and like any performer, I live for an audience, far more then I should and if I get in front of a crowd again...I might relapse.

So let me just finish up with an apology; for anyone I’ve hurt, for the mind games, for the lies for everything. To Shannon. To Gabby. To Chris. To Cyrus. You can never know how sorry I am; all I can say was what I’ve done were the actions of a deranged woman doing anything to feed her addiction.

I understand that people probably won't believe a word of this; considering my history, and that's fine, I wouldn't believe me either, but I'm done playing games

Please, don’t invite me to any FWA shows, don’t put me in the hall of fame. Please don’t even mention my name on FWA TV ever again. Let the name Bell Connelly fade away, like so many other wrestlers. I don’t want to be remembered. Forget me. Forget I ever existed.

I was never really here to begin with;

The chatter stops, the crowd departs,

a needle drops, the music starts.

A song you taught me when I was small.

Don’t stop dancing. Don’t stop dancing...

-BC
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: An Open Letter From Bell Connelly

Yeah...I don’t think I can allow this.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

A few hours later, the following was posted on FWA.com...

To the FWA wrestlers, staff, and fans.

This is Back in Business season and, naturally and organically, the spotlight is steering itself towards little ol’ me. I am happy to draw this out as long as it takes.

I am grateful for that fact that I have never need surgery or therapy and that I’ve always had full mobility. Any absence from the ring is entirely a conscious, informed, and sane-minded decision made by myself, for myself. I do not disappear because I can’t wrestle - only because I won’t wrestle.

… I will probably do this again at some point. Deal with it.

I will not say I intend to cut a long story short and then ramble through some overlong, meandering nonsense about mental health. Only a fool would do that. Do not take this as an assault on the meek and timid-minded. I understand that some people need a crutch to stand on, or a mask to hide behind, and an unseen, almost undiagnosable affliction is often easier to tout than the truth. And what is that truth? An athlete releasing a cowardly statement about ‘not being able to wrestle anymore’ is hinting at the real story, but they’re too afraid, or too ashamed, to admit what we can all see. It is incredible - mind-boggling, even - that some people are able to maintain a fear of failure, even when failure is no longer an unknown to them.

Apologies are for lesser beings.

You’re right: I don’t believe a single word of this bullshit.

I do not have the power to put anyone in the hall of fame or to book them on shows, but if you think I’m done with you and ready to let you fade into oblivion you are even more fucking derranged than you pretend to be. Years ago, you promised we would meet again, one day. That day hasn’t come. But it will.

Insert pseudo-intellectual faux-poetic garbage here.

- MvH

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Damn it, AON. So many possibilities for Bell feuds. I know things went sour with you and Bell after the heel turn, but Id wish you'd listen to reason. And the people.

THEY WANT BELL!!!!

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

@BConnelly
    No, I don't know what MVH said. I'm not looking it up, please stop asking. I'm done.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Thread Information