Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE Match YES/NO Thread

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE Match YES/NO Thread

Nominate from Halloween Havoc

Rhea Ripley vs Racquel Gonzales

They've built this up really well over the past couple months and I thought it delivered. Bonus points for being such a fresh, different match - a womens heavyweight slugfest. Gonzales is still developing but clearly gets how to work to her size. I enjoyed all her bear-paw clubs, the various slams and her Gory Special. Lots of intensity and beef, hard shots being thrown, a couple big power spots and they took it home before it overstayed it's welcome.

Io Shirai vs Candice LeRae - Tables, Ladders & SCARES match

You can question the wisdom of running a TLC match on TV out of nowhere, but I just thought this was a really fun TV main event. If anything I could have done more more SCARES because Candice getting shook by the fake body parts was amusing schmozz. This isn't going to blow anyone away but both women took a bunch of wild bumps and all the big spots looked good. After the finish to the Gargano-Priest match, I though the interference with the masked guy and Shotzi making the save was well done sports-entertainment, and good lord that finish. Candice took that off-the-ladder-to-the-floor-through-a-ladder bump knees first which was fucking crazy. How her legs did not shatter I do not know. I'd label this more as FUN than GREAT but I highly enjoyed it.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

This company must average a ladder match every month. They're obsessed.

That sounds promising on Gonzales in what was pretty much her first real chance to show what she's got in a single setting. Looking forward to checking these recs out.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Nominate:
    WALTER Vs Ilja Dragunov NXT UK 29/10 - YES YES YES - it’s felt like forever since I’ve watched either of them in singles action, so a big title match between them was so welcome. This is brutal and unrelenting, two of the best performances I’ve seen from wrestlers in the Covid era. This is a MOTYC for me easily and probably would be MOTY if there was fans reacting to the match. I’m biased towards these two, but I still think this is 25 minutes that should be set aside this weekend by any wrestling fan to watch.

WAKE UP

Status

WALTER vs Druganov - YES. This might be my MOTY. Shame they had no fans present, because this was their best match together. Hands down, the most violent, brutal match all year, and we had a Ikeda vs Ishikawa match already. A truly excellent heavyweight war. So many of WALTER's chops, boots and lariats made me say 'fuck' out loud. Incredibly stiff, extremely well built and laid out match, tonnes of intensity and hatred from the opening minute, top draw strike exchanges, and a finishing run that felt epic without going overboard. Loved the neck injury paying off with Ilja not being able to capitalise on his finisher. That finishing barrage from WALTER on the outside was brilliant, all perfectly legal yet still felt like he was fighting dirty. Ilja took a truly unholy beating, the visual at the end of his chest carved up and turned purple and his mouth and nose covered in blood wasdisgusting.

Don't let this get slept on.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

OH YES for WALTER vs Druganov. This was viscerally violent at times. WALTER really loves to lay his chops in on most people but he goes a step further when Ilja is his opponent. The chest and back areas were covered in red and blistering half way through the match. It was quite disgusting at times. And Ilja's weird intensity works perfectly against WALTER's aesthetic so these two are just perfect opponents really. But there was some good wrestling outside of WALTER's brutality. The test of strength bettle was just an excellent struggle with Ilja using his head and other tricks to win a seemingly unwinnable fight. The result wasn't in doubt but Ilja still put up a hell of a title challenge and made WALTER work for that win.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Pigs must fly as I say Yes to Walter/Ilja Walters weight loss helps him here giving a faster pace match where these two kill each other great ending to.
    ​Sazh Katzroy Father, Friend, Hero

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

YES to WALTER vs. Dragunov and Ripley vs. Gonzalez.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Nominate - Io Shirai Vs Rhea Ripley 18/11/20
    I can say with confidence these have been the best two womens wrestlers in WWE (and therefore America) this year, and it's great they managed to go at it 1 on 1 for the title before the year was over. Think they had a short match in the middle of the year, but this one was for all the marbles. Takeover quality for sure as they go AT IT. Rhea getting her ear mangled and bloody gives it that extra edge of nastiness too. Loved the finish with the table spot directly into the moonsault, Rhea does the job clean which makes Io and the title look great, but also protects Rhea a little that she had to have a one-two punch of powerbomb through the table and the moonsault to stay down for 3. I'd probably go about 4 1/4 stars on it, probably 4 1/2 if this was a takeover with no commercials.

WAKE UP

Status

Shirai vs Ripley - Yes. Don't think I'm as high on it as Ed is, but it did tick a lot of boxes for what I want out of a big title match. I liked how Ripley lent more into her power-based offence, made it feel like a clash of styles, and that powerbomb spot through the table was great.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information