Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

  1. #1
    Friendship King

    Smooth Jazz Wolf's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Pillow Fort
    Posts
    7,296
    Rep Power
    1349683
      Country                    Australia

    WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    WC Staff Member of the Year
    The least-oppressive member of THE AUTHORITY



    Previous Winners:
    Crocker, Necro, Jim, Ed, Smooth Jazz Wolf

    Results:
    4th (Tied) - MC 16 & Silk
    3rd - Ed
    2nd - Mr. Peanutbutter

    And your winner...

    Spoiler:

    1st - Smooth Jazz Wolf


    Spoiler:



    I'm not good at signatures.


  2. #2
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,705
    Rep Power
    4368094
      Country                    England

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    I'm taking nothing away from Jazz Wolf, because the year end awards are the most tedious thing we do here, but just a word on Wolf Beast who didn't even make the top 5. I think he's the hardest working staff member here when you look at the relentless amount of work it takes to look after the BTB section, the length of his reviews to other writers, organising and running the King of BTB tournament, their year end awards stuff. plus he kept writing his own project. Educated case here but I imagine not many BTB section members voted in these awards. He worked harder than I did this year, that's for sure.

  3. #3
    All About That Ace

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hollywoo
    Posts
    15,687
    Rep Power
    2207678
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm taking nothing away from Jazz Wolf, because the year end awards are the most tedious thing we do here, but just a word on Wolf Beast who didn't even make the top 5. I think he's the hardest working staff member here when you look at the relentless amount of work it takes to look after the BTB section, the length of his reviews to other writers, organising and running the King of BTB tournament, their year end awards stuff. plus he kept writing his own project. Educated case here but I imagine not many BTB section members voted in these awards. He worked harder than I did this year, that's for sure.
    I heard Wolf just took all the Wolf Beast noms & votes for himself tbh. Explains how he got so many awards & noms too. Those BTB guys wouldnt let Wolf Beast down like that.

  4. #4
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,705
    Rep Power
    4368094
      Country                    England

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    I heard Wolf just took all the Wolf Beast noms & votes for himself tbh. Explains how he got so many awards & noms too. Those BTB guys wouldnt let Wolf Beast down like that.
    Yeah SJW saw 'Wolfy' on the noms and just counted it as another one for him.

  5. #5
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    11,855
    Rep Power
    2297295
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    I second that statement on Wolf Beast. He definitely busts his tail and pours more time into his section than I do.

  6. #6
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    30,957
    Rep Power
    3737857
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    I just realized that I've never won this award and now I can't. My WC legacy is incomplete.


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  7. #7
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,705
    Rep Power
    4368094
      Country                    England

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I just realized that I've never won this award and now I can't. My WC legacy is incomplete.
    I've never won non-wrestling poster and no-one will ever win that but you so we're all gonna have gaps in our legacies

  8. #8
    Respected bookerman

    Wolf Beast's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    3886871
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Thanks for the mentions! In fairness, I still somehow came third in the member of the year voting, so I’ll take that, lol.

    Fuji, that should be all the reason you need to take your old job back!

  9. #9
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    30,957
    Rep Power
    3737857
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I've never won non-wrestling poster and no-one will ever win that but you so we're all gonna have gaps in our legacies
    This much is true. I think this year I'm going to aim for that Euro Sports Poster of the Year award that I've never won before. First step...calling it football instead of soccer.


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  10. #10
    All About That Ace

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hollywoo
    Posts
    15,687
    Rep Power
    2207678
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    I dont know. Theres a new Fav Five runner in town. Might be the end of Fuji's streak.

  11. #11
    Friendship King

    Smooth Jazz Wolf's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Pillow Fort
    Posts
    7,296
    Rep Power
    1349683
      Country                    Australia

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Wolf Beast does a shit ton of work that gets very little recognition outside of his area. Imagine the population of WC, and then imagine how much of that percentage are regular BTBers. And then imagine how much of that percentage are also active on other parts of the forum, or stick only to the BTB section. It's the same with the e-fed section - a percentage of that audience are only on WC for the e-fed and rarely venture outside of that area. Wolf Beast's chances are slim from those numbers alone, despite the amount of work he does to keep his section in tip-top shape, and it's a shame.

    Honestly, Ed's right. Wolf Beast's a goddamned workhorse who doesn't get enough recognition for the time and effort he commits to his section.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah SJW saw 'Wolfy' on the noms and just counted it as another one for him.
    I replied to every nomination that said 'Wolfy' and asked for clarification. I mention 'every ballot' because it happened more than once.


    Spoiler:



    I'm not good at signatures.


  12. #12
    All About That Ace

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hollywoo
    Posts
    15,687
    Rep Power
    2207678
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Wolf Beast does a shit ton of work that gets very little recognition outside of his area. Imagine the population of WC, and then imagine how much of that percentage are regular BTBers. And then imagine how much of that percentage are also active on other parts of the forum, or stick only to the BTB section. It's the same with the e-fed section - a percentage of that audience are only on WC for the e-fed and rarely venture outside of that area. Wolf Beast's chances are slim from those numbers alone, despite the amount of work he does to keep his section in tip-top shape, and it's a shame.

    Honestly, Ed's right. Wolf Beast's a goddamned workhorse who doesn't get enough recognition for the time and effort he commits to his section.



    I replied to every nomination that said 'Wolfy' and asked for clarification. I mention 'every ballot' because it happened more than once.
    A workwolf, I'd argue.

  13. #13
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    11,855
    Rep Power
    2297295
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC Staff Member of the Year 2019

    He's really a beast on these forums.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •