Thread: Young Bucks

People's Champion

Status

Young Bucks

Theres not much to say here. Undeniably one of the best tag teams in a decade nevermind just 2015-end 2019. Constantly having great matches where ever they go.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Young Bucks

I will give you this- I may have turned the corner on the Bucks now Dynamite is a thing as they are surprisingly well adapted to TV. I much prefer them in this setting than to half hour long Indy main events.

what are the top Bucks matches of the recent years?

I will name some I liked...

- The 6-man Guerilla Warfare match from 2015 BOLA with Dragon against Biff, Trevor and Everett. Granted, the Bucks were the least dudes in the match, but they are fun guys to watch get the shit beat out of and splattered around a venue, and they are very willing to take an asskicking.

- There was that shockingly good NJPW tag against Rocky Romero and Trent, built around the Bucks taking out Rocky early with a big bump to the back, Trent trying to survive, then Rocky coming back while still selling a back injury. These teams probably had a half dozen forgettable spot fest matches but this one stood out thanks to the focus on storytelling and to their credit the Bucks did a great job in this one.

- The Dynamite match with Private Party was a good established aces vs underdogs match and the Bucks did a good job making the new guys look like stars

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

I agree they’ve been more to my taste in AEW. I’d throw in the ladder match with Hardys at mania weekend (loved it), the strong style evolved match against the golden lovers and one of the Evil/Sanada matches (wk maybe??) as matches that for went above and beyond your standard bucks match and there was a bit more of a story and importance to what they were doing.

if you love the standard bucks match they have to be on your list because at a minimum that’s what they’ve given you for these 5 years. I totally get why some people think they are the best tag team of their generation even if I disagree. I think I might only have 2-3 teams on my list so they won’t make the cut for me.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I've always been a fan of the Bucks to a degree. They have a of matches that I like under their belt like the R3K, Guerrilla Warfare with Super Dragon and the Golden Lovers match. They probably too often lean into the comedic stuff that doesn't really resonant with me. Even without that, I wouldn't put them in my top 50. I'm not sure where I'd rank them and I don't think they are better than those in my top 50.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Thread Information