Thread: A Leaue Life 2k20: "Simba"

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

A Leaue Life 2k20: "Simba"

Writers Notes

NBA 2k2o sucks. I didn't even bother trying to do much with this game once I got it.

Tried the my career and didn't like from the jump and went straight to doing one of these projects.

This one might be a little too cut-scenes but just me having fun writing these out. Starting from High School ranks and take the route to the pros from there.

High School -> College -> Pros

Simba: Book I

"Young, Dumb And Broke"

Project/Opening

Narrator: This story follows Omega Brady, labeled as the next big thing to hit basketball. Following the likes of a Zion Williamson and LeBron James, but deep down he is just a kid from Brooklyn, Nw York. Just a kid trying to follow his dreams of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, but it all starts here, it all starts with his final year of high school, as he tries to maneuver around the obstacles in his way.

Which College? Which Agent? Dealing with the Hype?

From the passing of father, to now being the man of his house hold he now has to balance that with mastering his craft. It won't be easy, but a story of a kid chasing and living his dreams is what this story is all about.

"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise." — Kobe Bryant"

[
    HIGH SCHOOL]

"THIS IS THE BIGGEST DECISION YOU WILL EVER MAKE"

"Here Is The List....."

Final list of Colleges For Brady

Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, NY.

Omega Brady sits inside the office of his guidance counselor Mrs. Cole as he hands over final list of colleges that plans on going to and taking his basketball talents. Brady dressed up in Lincoln High School basketball gear as he sits at the desk of one of favorite members of his school staff.

She has been helping narrow down his choice for where he wants to go to school this fall. It has been a long process but finally it seems that Omega is set to make his final five known as he runs it by Mrs. Cole.

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    I narrow down to these five here.....

Brady hands over the final lists of colleges he has narrowed down too as she takes it and reads over them.

Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Cole
    :
    Is this the list, like the final one, you are down to these five universities....

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    North Carolina is coming to my house tomorrow to talk with me and my mom, so I'm going to hear what they have to say.

Omega looks on as Mrs. Cole looks over the list and hearing that UNC is set to pay the Brady family a visit tomorrow, she takes the pencil at her desk as she pounders what she is about say next.

Guidance Counselor
    Mrs. Cole
    :
    Listen. No rush in your decision, listen to them but remember, when it is all set and done, this your choice and only your choice to make. Your family, me, and anyone else you seek advice from on this is good but, you have to be content with the choice that your are abut to make. Don’t jump to a conclusion yet. I can tell that right now you have some of these five ranked higher than others, but if this is your final five, hear them all out first and then make a decision.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    I have a strong feeling about this school, I mean Michael Jordan went there, so like, I mean, that’s kinda of a selling point....

Guidance Counselor
    Mrs. Cole
    :
    I thought, LeBron James was your favorite player? Well if that's something that would draw you to UNC, you should take that into consideration. To have your legacy tied to someone like Michael Jordan, I mean I don’t watch basketball and I even know who he is.....

Laughter breaks out between the two of them

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    Mrs. Cole, you wearing Jordans... back in the day....

Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Cole
    :
    Back in the day, I still do, child.

Omega side eyes his guidance counselor

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    Stop lying...

Guidance Counselor
    Mrs. Cole
    :
    Has your mom given any insight to where she would want you to go?

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    No, not since my dad died, she hasn’t really talked about it much where she would want me to go, but I kind of want to stay close just in case, hasn’t been easy for her since it’s just been us two.

Omega stares into a blank glance as Mrs. Cole facial expression changes from a jokey one to more serious one as she looks at Omega.

Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Cole
    :
    Give her time, listen, I know she is super proud of you.

You can feel the silence coming off of Omega, as you can tell that this is a tough topic for him to address head on, but the time is coming for him to go to college and then make the league, he has to shoulder all that he is facing and get his eyes set on the goal of making his dream come true. The bell rings as it is time for Brady to get up and head towards his next class. He gives Mrs. Cole a fist bump as he walks out of her office.

Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Cole
    :
    Let me know how the visit from UNC goes. Tell your mom I said hi.

Omega heads out as the scene comes to an end.

"She's Mine, Pt. 1"

[
    HIGH SCHOOL]

"Coming To the Game Tonight....."

The bell rings as Omega Brady walks out of class and see’s his girlfriend Lana Parker standing next to classroom door of the next class she is about to head into. Brady walks up as he places a kiss on her lips as the two lock eyes.

High School Sweetheart
    Lana Parker:
    Ready for tonight’s game? First one of the season. Nervous?

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    A little to be honest, but I can handle it, everything on the court, just feels right, you know, nothing really matters when I’m on the court. You coming to the game?

Lana shows the face of disappointment as she stares up at Omega

High School Sweetheart
    Lana Parker:
    No. I wish I could but I have an assignment to work on, and I’m already swamped with homework. Stop by my house after though.

Omega does look upset by the news but he understands, he knows that Lana takes school work very seriously and would not want to take her from it. The two of them been dating off and on since sophomore year of high school and now they both look forward to what is the next chapter for them, as they both have college on their minds as one with the game of basketball and the other with her love of education. Omega sticks his tongue out as he mocks Lana.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    NERD!

High School Sweetheart
    Lana Parker:
    Shut up, ya weenie....

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    Did you just call me a weenie? How old are you?

High School Sweetheart

Lana Parker:
    Old enough to kick your ass....

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Talk to Mrs. Cole about where you want to go to college?

Lana nods her head.

High School Sweetheart
    Lana Parker:
    Yeah, setting up what I need to send a strong resume to Stanford.

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    You’re dream school, huh.

High School Sweetheart

Lana Parker:
    Yep. You talked to her about where you plan on going?

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Yeah, Have down to five schools. Should hopefully have my mind made up after I hear from all the five schools.

Knowing that Stanford isn’t one of the schools on his list, he knows that maybe a tough bridge for them to get over once they get there. He doesn’t tell her what schools are on his list.

High School Sweetheart

Lana Parker:
    You’re lucky that you get to sit back and let these schools pitch to you. I have to bust my ass to get what I need for a chance to get into Stanford.

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    Maybe, you should of picked up a basketball.... Because you wasn’t with me shootin in the GYM!

High School Sweetheart

Lana Parker:
    Don’t you dare quote Drake...

The two of them tussle as that leads to some PDA but it is quickly broken up as Mrs. Cole walks by

Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Cole
    :
    BOTH OF YOU GET TO CLASS!!!

"Left Hand"

[
    HIGH SCHOOL]

"No I in Team But there is a ME in that MotherF##$"

'Road to HS National Championship
    Game 1 of 20 of High School Basketball Season
    Abraham Lincoln Railsplitters (Brooklyn, NY) vs McEachern Indians (
    Powder Springs, GA)

The game is about to start as the only two left in the Lincoln High School Basketball locker as it is Brady and his teammate, number ten in the top high school talent in the country sit across from each other. It is down to these two to lead the Railsplitters to the High School National Championship, but by the face of these two, no pressure can be seen as they are completely focused on the game ahead of them. Zach looks over to Omega.

#10 High School Recruit

Zach Gold:
    You ready, bro!

Omega reaches out his fist for a bump

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    We got this, but man, you spoke to Mrs. Cole yet...

#10 High School Recruit
    Zach Gold:
    Yeah.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Man, you know where you going to college?

#10 High School Recruit
    Zach Gold:
    I already knew, I just have to make the announcement.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Where the fuck you going?

#10 High School Recruit

Zach Gold:
    Syracuse .

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Oh, so you looking to stay close to home.

#10 High School Recruit
    Zach Gold:
    Yeah, aren’t you?

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    I’m trying to get as far away from this place as I possibly can.

#10 High School Recruit

Zach Gold:
    Damn, well, I mean, I hope that isn’t the only factor in your decision.

Omega is quiet. Just revealing that he plans on leaving this city with no intent to ever coming back.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    No, but it is a big one, but good for you man, I hope you tear it up at Syracuse.

Zach smiles as he is glad that Omega is happy that he came to a decision, because honestly, Omega still hasn't and while he knows that he is the most chased after recruit in the nation, all that does is just add more pressure on him.

#10 High School Recruit

Zach Gold:
    Forget all that, we going to tear it tonight. Us two mean, we got this, nobody but us.

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    Bro, there is no I in team....

Zach walks ahead of Omega and looks back with a smirk on his face.

#10 High School Recruit
    Zach Gold:
    'I know, but there's a M-E in that, motherf-----.'"

The two bursts out laughing as the coach come in to see what is taking his two best players so long making it out the tunnel to the court.

Game One
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    Score
    McEachern Indians (Away)
    Lincoln Railsplitters (Home)
    *Omega Brady 36 pts, 4reb, 17 ast
    *Zach Gold 28pts 4 ast
    Game Recap

• Omega Brady and Zach Gold the two man army lead the Railslitters in the first win of the season in front home crowd. It was a rocky start but as the game progressed Omega and Zach were too much for the traveling McEachern Indians to handle and key shots down the stretch put the Indians out of reach for claiming victory. The pressure of being the favorite to win the High School National championship might be a lot to rest of the shoulders of the Railsplitters as they struggled in the beginning portion of the game but once it seemed that nervous were gone, they were able to collect themselves and do what was needed to send the home crowd back home happy after an impressive win in a hard fought game.

• Abraham Lincoln Railsplitters Record 1-0

School Recruitment #1
    "North Carolina"

Inside the apartment of Omega Brady, in the living the room a UNC recruiter sits down with a bottle of water in his hands. We find Omega checking on his mother as she lays in her bed with a bottle of Jack Daniels not too far away from her. Omega shakes his head in disgust. He walks out to the living room.

UNC RECRUITER:
    Mrs. Brady won’t be joining us?

Omega sits down and stares at the recruiter.

#1 High School Recruit

Omega Brady:
    No, she is resting, but, let’s proceed without her.

UNC RECRUITER:
    Listen, I know that you’re a busy person, so I will cut straight to the chase on why you should come to North Carolina. With you on our roster, you can be the key piece to a national championship contending team. We can offer you the route to a better life, come to UNC, we have everything, the best faculties and best team to take your game to the next level before you go off to the pros.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    That's whats important to me, to be honest, I have you guys pretty high on my list.

UNC RECRUITER: Whatever it takes to land you at our school, we are willing to do. Just name it. Rumor has it that your teammate Gold is going to Syracuse. You had any desire to follow him there?

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    Follow him there, hell no.

UNC RECRUITER:You two are amazing one/two punch, but listen, if you don't want to, UNC is ready for you to come and play for us.

#1 High School Recruit
    Omega Brady:
    You guys are pretty high on the list of where I will be attending, and I really appreciate you guys flying out here....

Omega Brady and the recruiter discuss the potential future of Brady attending the college as Brady seems pretty thrilled on the idea of going to UNC, but still he knows that he still has four schools left to discuss with. He doesn't want to jump to an conclusion as he feels that is what exactly what his friend and teammate Zach Gold is doing. Who knows how long this process will take for Brady to make a decision as he is the top recruited player in the nation and a lot rides on where he decides to take his talents when he goes to college. Only time has the answer to where he will go......

Random Thoughts/Notes

• With the NBA season on hiatus. Hopefully this fills some of my NBA fix, I hope you guys are ready for another edition of this project. Another passion writing project, and hopefully the NBA is back and running soon, lord knows I miss it. I guess with all that being said, I hope ya enjoy the read.

Spoiler:

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [04:43 PM]Jim: Which is why Willis > Natural
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

What A Maneuver!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: A Leaue Life 2k20: "Simba"

So glad to see this back, man. Really fun read, I love the insight with the high school sweetheart, the guidance counselor, Omega's teammate leaning towards Syracuse. Everything feels real authentic, almost as if we all want to be Omega in some sort of way right now. At least when I was in high school, I did.

I'm hoping we get to see some fun stuff on the recruiting trail- mostly which school tries to buy Omega's mother a new Range Rover and pay off their house I hope we get a look at the boosters sending cash to the house, shoe companies doing their best as the "middle man" shit, there are so many possibilities with this.

I always look forward to these 2K projects you post on here, they're really fun to watch everything unfold. Looking forward to what's next!

Thread Information