Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 11/12/2019

WAKE UP

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 11/12/2019

The Jericho vs Moxley stuff was good in execution, but come on. No one can possibly believe Mox is going to join the IC, there is no suspension of disbelief there. Good promo, but still.

Enjoyed the Cody tag. I don't think I've seen QT before but he was good as the out-of-his-depth underdog pulling out all the stops. The ropey execution only added to it. Darby/Cody team leading to a FF rematch is good booking but I feel Cody's in danger of focusing in too many different directions, but I guess I they are trying to drag out the MJF match for the PPV.

Disappointed that a worker with the name Big Swole is neither big nor swole. She seemed ok, needs work but is young and can develop. Sakura needs to go though.

Sammy G as the IC's flunky is great, but he really could do with a win to maintain some credibility soon

Main event was decent, but I'd agree too many table spots and none of them meant anything. Atleast they didn't spend loads of time setting them up in obvious ways, but I don't think these teams have a great match between them. No interest in Bucks vs SCU but Bucks as champs would be a step up. Are they gonna pull the trigger on Dustin vs Hager? Because that feels like a hot match right now

AEW does too many 'lights out' transitions

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I’ve only seen QT as a bland Cornette project oldschool heel (sort of an Adam Pearce wannabe) in ROH, so the highflying moves were a big surprise.

But they’ve screwed over the Butcher and the Blade again, because who’s talking about them instead of QT after this match? It could’ve been any pair of heels in there having this match, since they decided the story was about this out-of-depth jobber and not Butcher and Blade’s in-ring debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status
      Country                    United States

Man I fucking love Hangman Page I have no idea why people dislike him so much. Love his move set and his look. And people I know in person like him a ton too. Just don’t get the hate.

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Does he have hate? I could understand apathy, but not hate.

He should be doing a LOT more to capitalise on Cowboy Shit though. It’s no Austin 3:16, but come on, it caught on for a couple weeks and the chants are dwindling now.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Does he have hate? I could understand apathy, but not hate.

He should be doing a LOT more to capitalise on Cowboy Shit though. It’s no Austin 3:16, but come on, it caught on for a couple weeks and the chants are dwindling now.
    I agree with the cowboy shit. And I’ve def seen some venom spewed Page’s way. They did him a disservice by putting him in the title match v Jericho and then not continuing the main event push for him. Made him seem not as important as the rest of the elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Vice View Post
    Man I fucking love Hangman Page I have no idea why people dislike him so much. Love his move set and his look. And people I know in person like him a ton too. Just don’t get the hate.
    He's a boring dime-a-dozen athletic guy who doesn't do much exciting in the ring. Wrestles a cowboy gimmick but does lot of flippy moves rather than brawling.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

^ This basically

He comes off as super bland. He isn't interesting unless he is doing cool moves and even then, it's the same old routine that tons of people on the roster do much better. The cowboy gimmick is surface level at best. Hansen made the gimmick work as a face so it's not an alignment issue (And he was the same in ROH when he was heel).

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Nick Jackson had the flu on Wednesday and pulled a Michael Jordan in Game 5 performance in the main event, for those that don’t get the reference Michael Jordan played in Game 5 of the NBA finals in 1997 against with the Utah Jazz with the flu and played one hell of a game.

For that, Nick Jackson deserves some props.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Nick Jackson had the flu on Wednesday and pulled a Michael Jordan in Game 5 performance in the main event, for those that don’t get the reference Michael Jordan played in Game 5 of the NBA finals in 1997 against with the Utah Jazz with the flu and played one hell of a game.

For that, Nick Jackson deserves some props.
    Just to be an asshole, Jackson would have pulled a Michael Jordan in Game 5 performance had AEW won in the ratings. Last I heard, the Bulls beat the Jazz that day, they didn't tie.

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Just to be an asshole, Jackson would have pulled a Michael Jordan in Game 5 performance had AEW won in the ratings. Last I heard, the Bulls beat the Jazz that day, they didn't tie.
    Won the demo though. That's a W.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Run

Status

Caught the first hour, strong promo from MJF. Loving the Moxley squashes, Butcher & Blade looked better than their debut and appreciate the angle of MJF throwing them in front of Cody. Hot angle all round tbh.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Loved the opening of the show with Moxley's entrance, straight into the squash and then the offer to join Inner Circle. Obviously we know he isn't joining but that at least gives us an angle to drag out the festive period shows before they have their title match in the new year. Jericho too was grand on commentary to help set up the Jungle Boy match.

The 'Cody has no friends' direction they've been going in recently is bizarre. No-one on this show has more friends than Cody. He has the Elite, he has his brother Dustin, he has DDP, he has QT Marshall, but no now out of nowhere Darby Allin will be his friend. Even putting aside the stupid argument that Bucks and Dustin are busy with Inner Circle which means people can only focus on one thing at a time, how is someone like Hangman Page too busy to help out Cody? Not really the direction I'd go in with Darby. Wasn't overly impressed with the butcher and the blade.

Wasn't overly impressed by Big Swole, but I don't think a match against the queen cosplayer is the best way to judge her.

I'm in favour of Beaver Boys getting more of a regular gig.

Brandi now recruiting some bald white guy into her stable. God dammit is she gonna be involved in two divisions now?

I was kinda into the main event until Matt came out with the helmet and it went too comedy.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Agreed on the Cody not having friends angle. Doesn’t make sense when plenty of folk have been juggling a couple angles at a time.

At least with Darby it’s continuity from their time limit draw which would be good to see the rematch of at some point.

I really did want Moxley and Darby to have a proper feud before this Jericho one though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information