Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROH Final Battle 2019 Discussion

People's Champion

Status

Re: ROH Final Battle 2019 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    watching the top matches on this show now.... is there a reason why Lethal & Gresham are working as heels? I don't watch ROH on the regular but in a vacuum that feels really weird after the story between those two guys being rivals then coming together as a tag team
    Lethal saw the heelish ways of Gresham. Its explained in the video package

my assessment of the show.

I liked Maff vs Cobb. And them as a tag team ( tonight at the tv tapings)will rule today. 3 1/4 stars

Scurll and Gordon vs Mexablood was fantastic despite the screw up. Would of been MOTN. I loved it though 4 star easy.

Vincent vs Taven was really good. I like Vincent and i like Taven. arpund 3 1/4 stars.

Dragon Lee vs Shane Taylor. I like Shane Taylor but he really needs a better outfit. It was a great match. Right winner won 3 3/4 stars. Shane is finished with ROH and im fine with that. 3 good years and hes grown a lot.

Briscoes vs Lethal Octopus MOTN super great match and happy that Gresham gets some top gold. The reversal by Jay Briscoe on Lethal and Greshams finisher was nuts. 4 1/4 stars

i didnt care for anything else. Haskins is the man and i hope..i pray his feud with Bully is over.

Going to miss Colt on commentary. But Ian was the man . Hes the best commentator today. little thngs like saying we never know how many barricades we need at each arena to explain why there are extras under the ring.

Now to address PCO. terrible booking . It will be interesting to see what happens today.

But let this sink in...Taven got a good match out of PCO. Rush didnt.

So the tag team scene is alive and well it seems and i actually think ROH should focus on it. If Rush is no longer champ...have him and Lee face off with the likes of Mexablood, Scurll and Gordon, PJ Black and ______, Lethal Octopus, Briscoes. Rush is much better as a tag wrestler. Atleast in ROH. Briscpes are still the most over act. Go with it. Tag Team wrestling should be the main focus in 2020. Briscoes are still one of the top tag teams in the world and they reminded everyone this year of this.

Im betting Scurll stays and turns on PCO and wins the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I love that the first thing the cameras show after PCO beats Rush is a fan screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???? I think that's one of the dumbest booking calls in wrestling this year, but ROH are on their arse anyway, so it's not like it's going to hurt business.

Marty showing up on NWA last night increases the chance of him sticking with ROH imo.
    ROH contracts allow more freedom. Rumour has it...he got a huge offer from ROH and hes allowed to wrestle in other indies. I hope he stays

NXT and AEW dont need him.
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-15-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

I watched the top 3 matches and none of them did much for me. Taylor-Lee started off fun with Taylor bulldozing and splattering Lee with his size, but even at 14 minutes it lost momentum quick. The botched Mexican Destroyer looked like shite. Hated the end run with Taylor kicking out at 1 for the chained knee, the botched finisher and another 1 count.

Briscoes vs Gresham/Lethal was decent but in a vacuum it felt really weird seeing Lethal & Gresham working as the heels, cannot help but feel this would have been so much better with the roles reversed. Briscoes controlling most of the match while as faces wasn't as exciting as it could have been.

Rush really tried to make something work with PCO, but PCO is such trash. The guy is a total loon bump machine but otherwise a massive slug in the ring. The whole deal with the jumper cables was such 90s Undertaker wrestlecrap, and the fact they went like almost 10 minutes after that made it feel badly placed and meaningless. PCO's manager's inability to take a bump was also annoying. Finish was super flat and I can't believe ROH cut the legs off of one of the most charismatic workers in the world to give PCO a freaking Jerry Lynn title reign. This company really deserves every bit of shit they get for it.

People's Champion

Status

Gresham has been heelish for like 7 months and the video package explained why Lethal decided to be a bad guy with him.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

I probably should have watched that, but still I'd then question the booking decision on that. Gresh is a much better face than heel.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I probably should have watched that, but still I'd then question the booking decision on that. Gresh is a much better face than heel.
    hes gained momentum and grown a lot as heel over the last 7 months. And hes actually quite good at it.

im not sure if RUSH is done with ROH or not..

Kenny King seemed to be teasing some form of an alliance with him and Dragon Lee.

Final Battle Fallout is today and the card looks great.

Gresham vs Shelley
    Haskins vs Hallowicked
    Tracy Williams vs Bateman
    Cobb and Maff vs Villain Enterprises
    Rey Horus vs Flip Gordon
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-15-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

People's Champion

Status

Word is Final Battle drew 1000 fans. Great news!!!!

Also Shane Taylor is still in negotiations and they are currently looking at Andrew Everett and Rey Horus

Also

Ring of Honoraussen
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-20-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

That really didn’t look or sound like 1000 when I saw the PCO/Rush match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    That really didn’t look or sound like 1000 when I saw the PCO/Rush match.
    Im not sure but thats whats being reported.

You should of watched Gresham and Lethal vs Briscoes or Flamita and Bandido vs Scurll and Gordon.

Their audio on crowd noise is way better with surround sound. I don't know why but it is.

Also Flamita apparently signed a multi year deal.
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-20-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

People's Champion

Status

ROh is giving away Final Battle 2019 for free.. Check it out!!

ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information