Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - December 9, 2019

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - December 9, 2019

Monday Night Raw Preview
    December 9, 2019

Rusev and Lana to officially divorce on Raw

It’s finally happening, people. After weeks of psychological warfare, marital strife, extraneous make out sessions, restraining orders and arrests, Rusev and Lana will finally divorce on this week’s Raw. On paper (so to speak), this should be a net positive for both: Now, Lana is free to cavort with Bobby Lashley as much as she likes, while Rusev can start his own life anew free from his less-than-blessed union. Theoretically, this could all go down smoothly and without incident. But nothing has been quite so simple with these two for a time now. Strap in and get ready

Rey Mysterio to defend United States Championship against AJ Styles

AJ Styles’ world got turned upside down when Rey Mysterio relieved him of the United States Championship — albeit with a little help from Randy Orton — and now, “Uncle Allen” will have the opportunity to right the ship. Following his victory in Monday’s Six-Man Tag Team main event, Styles has been named the first challenger to Mysterio’s reign, giving him the chance to ensure The Ultimate Underdog’s second stint with the U.S. Title ends just as quickly as his first.

His victory is obviously not a foregone conclusion. Mysterio has been on something of a tear since his son Dominik convinced him not to retire a few months ago; the odd loss aside, he’s been a near-constant source of dominance ever since. And, of course, there’s always the threat of Orton still lurking on the periphery — though given that The O.C. has never had a problem interfering on Styles’ behalf, we can probably place things on something of an even keel in the outside interference department. In that case, Monday’s stage is set as simply as possible: Mysterio vs. Styles. May the best man win.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career
    Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - December 9, 2019

Man, Drew McIntyre almost makes the three hours I commit to hate-watching this show worth it.

Good to see KO getting his swagger back a little. I hope this run on Raw is nothing but good to Kev.

Funny that the commentary team calls The Viking Raiders the most dominant team in WWE. What the fuck do you expect when they face nothing but jobbers every week for months?

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

I am really hoping the ultimate payoff to this KO/Seth/AOP thing is worth it because it's taking up a LOT of time and the fans for the most part don't seem to be enjoying it. But, the ends justify the means so I'll wait to see how they wrap it all up to really judge it.

Really cool to see Buddy Murphy and Alesiter Black will be wrestling at TLC. Could end up on the pre-show but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the main show. It is definitely a match that lacks star power to the common fan but I'm not gonna complain about them making it on there when I've been wishing for both of these guys to get booked legitimately for months upon months.

I think it's really bizarre that Andrade can seemingly ONLY feud with Mexican wrestlers. What the hell is up with that?

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I am really hoping the ultimate payoff to this KO/Seth/AOP thing is worth it because it's taking up a LOT of time and the fans for the most part don't seem to be enjoying it. But, the ends justify the means so I'll wait to see how they wrap it all up to really judge it.

Really cool to see Buddy Murphy and Alesiter Black will be wrestling at TLC. Could end up on the pre-show but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the main show. It is definitely a match that lacks star power to the common fan but I'm not gonna complain about them making it on there when I've been wishing for both of these guys to get booked legitimately for months upon months.

I think it's really bizarre that Andrade can seemingly ONLY feud with Mexican wrestlers. What the hell is up with that?
    Well...

I fucked with that Seth Rollins reveal but I'm sure it's not gonna go over well with plenty of people.

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Damn. And a solid promo to follow. Heel Seth lives!!!

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Way to shit on The Kabuki Warriors the last two weeks. Charlotte takes them to their limits and then they can't even beat Becky two on one. Sad.

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

"After that dominant showing against Becky Lynch..."

The one where they were getting their asses kicked and got themselves disqualified to avoid further embarrassment??

Spoiler:

King EC

Status

Well the AJ/Rey match was solid, despite the botched finish. I don't know how I feel about more Randy Orton/AJ Styles. Their Mania feud was enough for me and I'd rather they focus on continuing Orton's feud with McIntyre. At this point, I don't even know who there is for AJ and The OC to feud with. It kinda feels like they've been involved with everyone there is to feud with already. Nothing standing out to me. That's a tough spot to be in.

This was a decent episode of Raw on the whole. It seems like as Raw gets better, Smackdown is suddenly going down the drain for me. I guess one enjoyable show is better than none, though.

Spoiler:

What A Maneuver!

Status

For the first time in months, I watched the entire show from start to finish. Actually, I gave up on Raw for most of the football season. I've read the results but wasn't too invested. I guess the uninteresting matchup on Monday Night Football game had something to do with me tuning in. I've been following in the distance so was pretty excited to see what was in store.

I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Not a fan of the whole Lana/Rusev/Lashley angle but some people must enjoy it because their segments get over 1 million views on youtube, if that's any way to gauge how hot it is at the moment.

Carillo picking up the win was surprising seeing that all of the dirt sheets had said McMahon was "done" with him. Those damn dirt sheets

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well the AJ/Rey match was solid, despite the botched finish. I don't know how I feel about more Randy Orton/AJ Styles. Their Mania feud was enough for me and I'd rather they focus on continuing Orton's feud with McIntyre. At this point, I don't even know who there is for AJ and The OC to feud with. It kinda feels like they've been involved with everyone there is to feud with already. Nothing standing out to me. That's a tough spot to be in.

This was a decent episode of Raw on the whole. It seems like as Raw gets better, Smackdown is suddenly going down the drain for me. I guess one enjoyable show is better than none, though.
    I agree with your point 100 percent that they should be focusing on Orton/McIntyre. That is a fresh feud that hopefully will catapult McIntyre into the World title picture. I saw McIntyre at a Raw house show a few months back and he by far got the biggest "oh shit, look at this guy" reaction of the night-"The airport reaction" if you will. I doubt it will ever happen, but would be cool to see him start a war path towards Lesnar. The Drew mark in me is hoping he wins the Royal Rumble.

They must have been timing this thing to the split second because that's the first Raw I've seen where the credits were rolling on the bottom and the match wasn't over yet. The botched spot must have cut into that. I can picture Vince losing his shit in Gorilla. Still though, very solid match as you would expect between these two.

I'll be watching TLC and everything else moving forward. No matter how bad the product gets in December, the Road to Wrestlemania starts soon and I'll always have time for that.

King EC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
    For the first time in months, I watched the entire show from start to finish. Actually, I gave up on Raw for most of the football season. I've read the results but wasn't too invested. I guess the uninteresting matchup on Monday Night Football game had something to do with me tuning in. I've been following in the distance so was pretty excited to see what was in store.

I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Not a fan of the whole Lana/Rusev/Lashley angle but some people must enjoy it because their segments get over 1 million views on youtube, if that's any way to gauge how hot it is at the moment.

Carillo picking up the win was surprising seeing that all of the dirt sheets had said McMahon was "done" with him. Those damn dirt sheets

I agree with your point 100 percent that they should be focusing on Orton/McIntyre. That is a fresh feud that hopefully will catapult McIntyre into the World title picture. I saw McIntyre at a Raw house show a few months back and he by far got the biggest "oh shit, look at this guy" reaction of the night-"The airport reaction" if you will. I doubt it will ever happen, but would be cool to see him start a war path towards Lesnar. The Drew mark in me is hoping he wins the Royal Rumble.

They must have been timing this thing to the split second because that's the first Raw I've seen where the credits were rolling on the bottom and the match wasn't over yet. The botched spot must have cut into that. I can picture Vince losing his shit in Gorilla. Still though, very solid match as you would expect between these two.

I'll be watching TLC and everything else moving forward. No matter how bad the product gets in December, the Road to Wrestlemania starts soon and I'll always have time for that.
    Happy to see you back and giving WWE another go. Always good to have more viewers around.

Also good to see we're on the same page with McIntyre. I'm a huge mark for the guy and I just don't see what's preventing him from being pushed like an absolute mega star. He literally has all the tools you could want for a WWE main eventer and then a few to spare. I like the idea of him feuding with Orton because that's a feud I could see him going over in and like you said, it would put him in that main event conversation and make him a more believable threat to the the even bigger fish like Lesnar, Rollins and Reigns.

Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Pretty good show.

I actually liked the Rusev and Lana segment, mainly for Rusev who has been making the best of this imo. It was so ridiculous but it was entertaining and hilarious

Rollins aligning with the AoP is cool. I’ve always liked Rollins even if I felt like his face character was getting kind of lame, so a heel turn is fresh and he’s much better suited as a heel imo. Plus, it gives AoP something to do now and hopefully let’s them shine more. I’m enjoying KO’s role in all of this too, the inevitable match between Rollins and KO should be good.

Drew Mac ripping Hardy a new one was fun, and El Idolo and Humberto was fun too.

That Street Profits segment was amazing too.

Banner credit: Booty

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

Honestly, the Rollins heel turn was pretty well done imo. It didn't drag for too long and the turn itself makes sense. Seth's promo was great and he is probably at his best on the mic when he's a heel. Looking forward to see how KO rebounds against the "Architects Of Pain"

I wouldn't rule out a Styles/OC face turn down the line (given how easily people are turning from faces to heels and from heels to faces these days) to feud with Rollins and AoP.

In other news, I am feeling like Owens will win the Royal Rumble and face the Beast at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship. Can't see anyone else facing Lesnar at WM other than KO really.

As for Drew McIntyre he needs to interfere in the Styles/Orton match on Sunday and kick-off the Drew/Orton feud. The booker in me sees McIntyre becoming US Champion by the time WrestleMania rolls around.

Thread Information