Thread: Royal Rumble Matches for the men and women in 2020

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Royal Rumble Royal Rumble Matches for the men and women in 2020

For the Men's Royal Rumble Match I know it is 30 superstars and of course RAW and Smackdown men will be in there but I wonder if we get more NXT guys in the Royal Rumble Match? Winner gets a title match at Mania and let's say the winner of the Men's Royal Rumble Match were an NXT superstar. Let's say said NXT superstar won the Men's Royal Rumble Match and they decided to stay on NXT as their WrestleMania decision and fight for the NXT Championship. Then the NXT Championship would be on equal footing as the WWE Universal and the WWE Championship as far as world titles go. Then you could have the NXT Championship being defended at WrestleMania 36 in one of the main events. NXT is supposed to be a 3rd brand for the WWE right, so why not treat it as such by not only including them in the Rumble but also at Mania too.

Just like for example I know it is 30 superstars and of course RAW and Smackdown women will be in there but I wonder if we get more NXT women in the Royal Rumble Match? Like what I'm saying is if the winner of the Women's Royal Rumble Match were an NXT woman and her Mania decision were to be that she decides to stay on NXT and go for the NXT Women's Championship. Then the NXT Women's Championship would also be on equal footing with the RAW Women's Championship and the Smackdown Women's Championship. Then you could also have the NXT Women's Championship being defended at WrestleMania as one of the main events also.

I mean it just adds to the unpredictability of the Royal Rumble Matches for both the men and the women, wouldn't you agree?

Re: Rpyal Rumble Matches for the men and women in 2020

Why did you repeat yourself in the second paragraph, except replacing women for men?

I honestly can't see the NXT Title ever main eventing Wrestlemania. Even though it's now considered a proper third brand, it's still the #3 brand that makes the WWE the least amount of money. What I think is far more likely is the idea of a NXT wrestler winning one of the Royal Rumble matches and then building up to the big announcement of which brand's title he/she will challenge for at Wrestlemania. In such a situation, NXT would be similar to the ECW title in 2007 when Bobby Lashley was presented as a legitimate possibility for the Rumble winner, The Undertaker, to choose from when it came to deciding who to wrestle at Wrestlemania. Obviously, Taker went with Smackdown's Batista, but technically ECW was included in the thought process.

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Royal Rumble Matches for the men and women in 2020

In general, I wonder if we will see more NXT stars at the "Big 4" WWE PPVs. Now that WWE is moving the Takeover shows off of the "Big 4" weekends and with NXT getting more attention. As far as NXT main-eventing WrestleMania, it's at least another year away (but never say never).

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    India

In Royal Rumble 2020, Shayna Baszler and Roman Reigns make headlines for their respective matches.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Oh I get it, sportsnews is predicting headlines.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Oh I get it, sportsnews is predicting headlines.
    It's not a prediction. It's a spoiler.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

I regret nothing

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    It's not a prediction. It's a spoiler.
    No, it’s news. Sports news.

Vote for WC’s Favourite Video Game of the 2010’s!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE COUNTDOWN!

Thread Information