Thread: Explosive Podcast Interview with Bell Connelly

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Explosive Podcast Interview with Bell Connelly

For the first time in nearly five months, former world champion Bell Connelly had resurfaced, since her possible career-ending injury, on the latest episode of the popular “Shooting Star” Podcast, which has quickly become one of the most downloaded episodes in the podcast’s history and had quickly made waves in the internet wrestling community.

The interview started off innocently enough with Bell talking about her injury, and that she’s doing fine these days, the recovery process and her desire to use her time away from the ring to give broadway a shot. Basic interview stuff really and given Connelly reputation as being unpredictable, she seemed much more even-tempered then the wrestling world was used to.

...Of course, it couldn’t last

Tim Tamhawk: “Hey listen speaking of stars, a little while ago you and Gabrielle had something of a war of words…

Bell Connelly: Ohhh, I wouldn’t call it that; Gabby likes trying to get under people’s skin. That’s kind of her thing, So I try to humour her, she’s cute really. It’s a playful little game we’ve been doing for years, where she tries to throw a jab at me, but she gets no reaction.

Tim Tamhawk: But she has said she doesn’t approve of you as a maternal figure for her daughter.

Bell Connelly: “Yep, but there’s not much she can do about that is there?

Tim Tamhawk: So if Gabby were to challenge you outright-

Bell Connelly: She won’t. She’s too smart for that; she’d know what’ll happen. So she’s dancing around the topic, trying to wind me up like a top, but really if she wants to do something besides talk. She knows where to find me.

Following that, the conversation turned to a possible return to the ring, where things took a surprising direction.

Tim Tamhawk; “Ok, so let me address the elephant in the room”

Bell Connelly: “Wow, ok, that’s a rude thing to call your producer, I think she looks great”

Tim Tamhawk: “Ha..Ha...Um, no; I meant, say if FWA called you and said they wanted you to return to the big dance? What would it take for you to say “Yes?”

Bell Connelly: “...You really want to know?”

Tim Tamhawk: “Of course!”

Bell Connelly: A personal apology, A world title match and the main event of Back In Business.

Tim Tamhawk: *Laughing awkwardly* Oh, is that all?

Bell Connelly: * Deadpan* Yep.

Tim Tamhawk: ….You are joking, right?

Bell Connelly: Oh, I never joke, I’m a deadly serious person, as is well documented.

Tim Tamhawk: “Well, um. Bell don’t you think those requests are a little; unreasonable?

Bell Connelly: “Why? They’d do that for any other returning star. Instant world title match. Right up to the top of the card. Why not me?

Tim Tamhawk: Well I mean-

Bell Connelly: No, I’ll answer that. They won’t do that, because I’m not a star in their eyes. I’ve never been a star, and they’ve never treated me like one.

Tim Tamhawk: “Well, Bell that’s….I mean you were world champion,

Bell Connelly: “Trust me, you don’t need to remind me of that; I think about it every day. Yeah, I did win the world championship, but I was never THE main event. I won the world championship despite FWA. Sure, they always knew I was good...because….I mean; Hello? They have eyes, but everything I’ve ever achieved was never SUPPOSED to happen. Shannon O’Neal was meant to be the ACE of the woman’s division. Not me. And when I won the title I was never meant to hold it for as long as I did, but the moment I tried to move on, they let the woman’s division die, and the woman’s title get destroyed.

Tim Tamhawk: “I don’t see how-

Bell Connelly: “When Cyrus Truth lost the world title to Shannon O’Neal do you know how many one on one rematches he got?”

Tim Tamhawk; “Well I don’t know offhand-”

Bell Connelly: “Three. Three in the space of two months. Now ask me how many I got when I lost the World Title?

Tim Tamhawk: “Are you just going to inte-”

Bell Connelly: Never. I never got a one on one rematch for the World championship. Because when someone like Cyrus Truth wants a rematch he gets one, no questions asked; but when I ask for one; I get told I need to earn it, by going through a sixteen man tourny, where I was made to fight the love in my life, by the way, isn’t it ironic that when I’m not around there’s no Grand Prix this year? Huh? You see where I’m getting at?”

Tim Tamhawk: It sounds like you think there was some kind of conspiracy against you.

Bell Connelly: Of course there was! They earmarked The main event of Back Of Business months in advance, but they didn’t count on ol’ Bell having the run of her career and tearing apart the script. They put me in the freaking mid-card of that show. Tell me, Tim; if Cyrus doesn’t main event Back In Business do you think be fifth in the card? Like I was when I lost the title? I’ve never had a main event singles match in my entire career. I am a star, and all I ever wanted was the spotlight, a canvass to paint my masterpiece, to prove that Bell Connelly is The Greatest Show On Earth; But I’ve never had a one on one main event PPV match. So yes, I think I’m owed the main event.

Tim Tamhawk: And is that what you want an apology for?

Bell Connelly: -Bitter laugh- I broke my neck in the main event of Quest For The Best; The next night, only Chris mentioned my name. No one else in this company could bring themselves to wish me a speedy recovery THAT’S what I want an apology for
    Yikes; Obviously strong words from the former world champ clearly bitter, but there was one more topic that needed to be explored

Tim Tamhawk: “Ok, well before we let you go, the Carnel Contendership is happening this week-

Bell Connelly: No

Tim Tamhawk: No?

Bell Connelly: No? It’s amazing how people don’t listen to a word I say, and yet I’M the crazy one. No, I’m not going to be in the Carnel Contendership, It’s-It’s-just too...Predictable. Of course, you'd expect me to make a surprise appearance, that’s what people do right? The buzzer goes, you hear someone’s music you haven’t heard in a while, and the crowd goes nuts, but it’s not a surprise if everyone is expecting the surprise is it? I told you; I am a star, and I refuse to share my spotlight, with a dozen others who have the exact same idea. Boooooring! Trust me, when I come back; You’ll never see me comin’
    Last edited by An Original Name; 11-13-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: Explosive Podcast Interview with Bell Connelly

This was a fantastic read, I hope it means you're bringing Bell back soon...

@GabrielleFWA Bell knows exactly why I don't approve of her being around my daughter. Accept responsibility for once.

And Bell, you and I don't get rematches when we lose. That you have my support on.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

@BConnelly

You know Gabby; considering I've known you for five years and I've never said a bad word about you-Come to think of it, I'm probably the only person you've ever worked with who can say that, I'd thought you'd learn to be a bit nicer to me after awhile. Seriously, what about me do you find so horrible? I've been the closest thing you've had to a friend for years.
    "If you want to fight me, please don't use your daughter as an excuse. If you want to call me out, stop dancing around the subject and do it. I mean I'm not going to say yes; because I have nothing to prove to you."
    "Actually, I change my mind. I want you to do it, Challenge me for a match at Back In Business."
    "This time last year; All I wanted was the war to settle the score with Shannon O'Neal, the biggest match of the year, but when I called her out. I got nothing but indifferent silence, and a company that didn't give a damn,because, all they cared about was promoting a Title vs streak match"
    "I want you to know what that's like Gabby, I want you to know what it's like to want everything, and get nothing."
    "I want you to know how deep that burns"
    "But hey, you never know I might say yes"
    "...But no show the event, to twist the dagger FWA put in my back"
    "Or, maybe none of that will happen and I just like messing with you."
    "Honestly, sometimes it's even hard for me to know where my head is"
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

@GabrielleFWA Bell I dont want to challenge you or fight you, I dont want to fight someone so fractured and hurt. Get your life in order first.

Thread Information