Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 13/11/2019

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 13/11/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Miracle View Post
    Cody can use the Rhodes name, he chooses not to. I think he wants this era to be all him or something like that.
    The last thing Cody wants is to use the Rhodes name when that means he'll lose out on any of that negative WWE sentiments with everyone who thinks the WWE is keeping him from using a kayfabe name. Everything else Cody does is all about Dusty, but he lucked into a position where not having Dusty's last name benefits him more than if he gave fans one less reason to hate WWE.

WAKE UP

Status

Cody can use the Rhodes name, he chooses not to. I think he wants this era to be all him or something like that.

I loved the MJF/Jericho promo.

Moxley needed that squash, just like he said and proved, there are few wrestlers there that can hang with him 1 on 1 and he won that match as quickly as he should have.

With PAC beating Page, there needs to be a new face for him to feud with.

Too many heels and not enough real faces right now. They need that #3 face...if Cody is #1 and I guess Omega is #2...they need a standout, well known or at least established face to wrestle in the upper mid card.
    Adam Page? Under that you also have Darby, Dustin, and Bucks if you're including tag teams.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Adam Page? Under that you also have Darby, Dustin, and Bucks if you're including tag teams.
    Page is all PAC has wrestled in a feud. He wrestled Trent, but that was a one off. Darby has moved on to Mox. Dustin isn't or hasn't been doing much in ring or on screen. Bucks got Ortiz/Santana...

Everyone wants to be a heel or the cool heel/not quite face guy.

WAKE UP

Status

ah ok i misunderstood your post. I thought you were asking in general who the #3 babyface would be. as for who faces PAC next, I have no idea.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    ah ok i misunderstood your post. I thought you were asking in general who the #3 babyface would be. as for who faces PAC next, I have no idea.
    To me it seems like they need that "other" guy brought it. They just brought in that Wardlow guy, but he's MJF's muscle, so another heel. A new guy not already on the roster that would make people excited, would be great. Who is it? I don't know, but this is where it seems like the roster is a little thin, considering what they're putting on every week...with Dynamite and Dark. A new face, who would be a big deal.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

They could easily swing Kip Sabian and the Hybrid 2 to faces. Or push Luchasaurus as a singles guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    They could easily swing Kip Sabian and the Hybrid 2 to faces. Or push Luchasaurus as a singles guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    KIP has only just really took on the cocky heel persona so he's unlikely to switch anytime soon.

I agree they could do with another face. I think they're looking to make Joey Janela a more serious wrestler so maybe he's in their thinking? I'm not a fan at all.

They could maybe go with Fenix down the line when the Lucha Bro's are no longer teaming.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

Format wise that's the best episode of Dynamite right in terms of blending angles and matches to get people over and get fans excited for next week's show. I've been moaning for weeks that there needs to be some shorter matches on the show, and we got them.

The start of the show was fantastic with Omega obviously pissed that Mox was cleared and he wasn't, and then the straight up squash, and then the money promo afterwards. 10 great minutes to kick off Dynamite. Literally don't get why Darby couldn't have just beaten Avalon and leave the Chairman out of having another loss on his record, but whatever. Darby had been a big miss for me since the Jericho match 4 weeks ago, so great to see him back and his one sentence promo got a big reaction. Their indie match earlier in the year was real good but hopefully they do something completely different because I don't need to see Darby with the hands behind his back again for a while.

MJF/Jericho promo was very good (although I maintain it's still a rushed angle). I really hope MJF and wardlow aren't actually apart of the Inner Circle because that would be totally tone deaf to the mistakes of nWo and countless heel stables like them that bloat their numbers and they don't seem as cohesive as they were in smaller numbers. Steve mentioned it with Wardlow, but Inner Circle already has a heavy that protect their loudmouth member, so how is this guy going to stand out. Burberry Tie? i don't think so . Within one week of Cody great promo, the tease of the war games type match has an muddier picture now because there's 7 potential wrestlers for IC now.

Luchasaurus is over, and it's great he recovered so quickly from his injury, but I can't throw roses on his big return. I thought his save felt like it was running on slow-mo and he didn't land his kicks smooth at all. Plus, it's hard to call the Dark Order a dumb gimmick and then not sound like a hypocrite praising Luchasaurus' gimmick, they are both dorky and come off like they were the brainchild of Mike Quackenbush.

Nyla squash was decent, Brandi/Kong stuff I hated as expected. Really odd they haven't used Allie more on TV given her experience in Impact and how they've been throwing plenty of inexperienced TV wrestlers out on Dynamite, but shame it's more Su Yung shite for her.

PAC going over Hangman 4 days after Hangman got the big win at the PPV, how is that not some 50/50 WWE shit? Yet again another forgettable match between these two guys who don't have good chemistry together.

Scorpio Sky with a surprising pin over Jericho. I guess that may be to get another Jericho title match on TV in the coming weeks to help with ratings and ticket sales.

King EC

Status

To me it seems like they need that "other" guy brought it. They just brought in that Wardlow guy, but he's MJF's muscle, so another heel. A new guy not already on the roster that would make people excited, would be great. Who is it? I don't know, but this is where it seems like the roster is a little thin, considering what they're putting on every week...with Dynamite and Dark. A new face, who would be a big deal.
    Marty Scurll will probably be that next big face brought in. At least that's the expectation.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - THE FINALS!!
    Shock vs. Ed

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Marty Scurll will probably be that next big face brought in. At least that's the expectation.
    Though its a huge possibility, he may end up staying in ROH
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Real strong episode throughout, they're starting to get better at mixing up the action and promos, and there are more continuous plot threads in place now. I approve.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Backyarder

Status

Every week Dynamite improves and gets better, this week was no different. This was easily my favorite episode in terms of pacing and storytelling. Moxley's promo was fire as usual, he really comes across as dangerous and has great intensity. Good on AEW for allowing several segments to pass before his challenger made himself known, usually in other companies a wrestler will throw out an open challenge and two minutes later, someone's music hits. I still think his feud with Omega isn't quite over and speaking of Omega, great selling of disappointment on his part when he found out Mox was cleared to wrestle and he wasn't.

I literally screamed when Darby accepted Mox's challenge, that was an awesome moment and the crowd went bonkers for that. Darby Allin is such a star, it's been amazing to see his stock rise so quickly in a matter of months.

I'm slowly getting into Dark Order more, the wardrobe changes have helped them plus they're really good in the ring. They don't seem as goofy as before but the gimmick still needs tweaking. So happy that Luchasaurus is back, I just hope he didn't rush a comeback.

I think the Brandi/Awesome Kong stuff is super weird but now it's peaking my interest, I actually wanna see where it goes. I like that Brandi is trying something new and transitioning out of being just "Cody's wife". So i'll see where the angle goes before judging that it's bad.

Pac/Omega was awesome! Love seeing those two in a ring and I think they've built up great chemistry with each other over time. I imagine this feud is over for now.

PNP/Young Bucks brawl was wild, I enjoyed it though I thought it went a little too long. Laughed my butt off when Orange Cassidy was just standing in the bathroom during it, so funny lol.

MJF/Jericho segment was GOLD. It's scary how good MJF is on the mic. He has nuclear heat right now and I like him paired up with Wardlow. I think those two are their own unit, I don't think they're in Inner Circle and they shouldn't be. MJF doesn't need to be in a group, his personality is huge on its own. I just wanna see him improve in the ring, I think his ring work is average for the most part. I've seen one of Wardlow's matches against Dylan Bostic, he was pretty good.

Though the main event was good, I dont like how the tag championship matches have been timed. It seems like they're always rushed and I really thought the live feed would get cut during this episode b/c they were rushing to the finish. I don't know, It just seems like SCU have been thrown in 10 minutes matches defending their belts and their matches don't seem to have the hype that they should. They should've shaved off a couple minutes from the earlier brawl and MJF/Jericho promo and devoted it to the main event.

Overall, another great episode of Dynamite, they're really settling into a groove. Next week's show has a killer lineup, i'm really excited for that.
    Last edited by boomkattack; 11-16-2019 at 01:54 PM.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Forgot to ask, any word on Sammy Guevara after that main event? Took one nasty suplex on the noggin, and landed hard on his knee following a SSP, dude had a rough night

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information