Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Gear Post-Mortem: Grading AEW's First Arc

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Full Gear Post-Mortem: Grading AEW's First Arc

Quote Originally Posted by boomkattack View Post
    I'm really curious to know who your favorite tag team is and who you think has the best tag division right now.
    Favourite? Not sure. I never really go "oh that team are in this match, I'm going to like this". I guess it'll have to be Private Party because they impressed me early on in their AEW run and have a bit of personality. However I would say The Bucks are the best tag team out of the division. Their best matches totally smokes everyone else's.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Overall I don't think it's been as good as I expected. I thought there would have been a few more surprises and the talent roster already looks very thin to me and reliant on the Elite and hate to say it- but names made In the WWE (Jericho, PAC, Moxley) - And the guys I was excited about seeing and I thought could be their own stars hasn't really worked currently. MJF at this point should be the top heel- instead he was placed in this Cody friendship story but I think his time is coming, maybe on the back of this feud. Nyla Rose hasn't been used at all that much and when she has- she's been badly booked. A boy and his Dino haven't been seen at all really outside of like one match. I think Lucha has been injured which is a shame.

Their Tag Division is really good. They have some good teams. I'm not a fan of all of them but there's enough to mix it up and keep it enjoyable.

Sadly their Women's Division is the complete opposite and I think it's the worst I've seen. I literally don't like any of them. So bland and boring. Riho I just find awkward to watch. I think personally they should have waited and then built a division over time because bringing in these random Japanese names all the time is not working.

Commentary has been hit and miss. Sad to say it but JR seems past it. Excalibur I like but I find he's almost an after thought when JR and Tony get chatting about the ole' times in WCW which is often the case and happens to much.

The win/loss record is also a problem and it's only going to get harder to book to be honest.

Matches are normally pretty good and they're diverse, they just often go way too long.

Less Brandi Rhodes needed too please! I'm so over her Stephanie McMahon impression and I have no idea what this new gimmick is meant to be and I don't really care lol.

"LET ME IN.."

Curtain Jerker

Status

Curious if we can do one of these after each PPV as some sort of report card, as I missed out on this last time. Definitely some things have improved since Full Gear that definitely need addressing.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I don't think this is needed after each PPV honestly since we talk about AEW weekly, mostly about the stuff in this thread. Maybe come Double Or Nothing 2 when we have a full year of AEW shows to reflect on.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

MADMIN KING

Status

What's going on here, this some Looper shit?

tbf it's not like AEW runs PPVs every month, there might be merit in doing another one of these in a few weeks.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I mean, either way really. I just saw this thread and thought it would be cool to do it recurringly, have a report card as I said before. But we'll see. I don't have that much negative to say about it right now. AEW has brought me back to the promised land of Pro-Wrestling.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    What's going on here, this some Looper shit?

tbf it's not like AEW runs PPVs every month, there might be merit in doing another one of these in a few weeks.
    I assume you mean the MC part otherwise, the Looper reference is lost on me.

Obviously anyone can make the thread after the show. Go for it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

MADMIN KING

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    the Looper reference is lost on me.
    It was a joke based on the idea that an older version of yourself (MC 93) has randomly shown up to talk to you.

Gotta love explaining jokes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information