Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 MLB Offseason Thread

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019-20 MLB Offseason Thread

MLB said Cora's suspension would be longer than Hinch's. So I'm curious would that have been 2 full years? A year and a half? Guess it doesn't really matter at this point as I don't think any of them will even be considered for future jobs.

Could Beltran be next? Saw something about the Mets having discussions about what to do considering his name was mentioned in the report, even though no players were going to be punished.

Cardcaptor

Status

Honestly, it does make you wonder. But I think even if no one is going to hire him, he should at least get a strict punishment to make an example of it.

It sucks, because that sort of thing just puts the entire organization in a bad light. So I am very glad he's out of Boston.
    Everything will surely be alright.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

There’s more shoes to drop too I guess. Gonna be more teams with Scarlett A’s real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

They have to really nail Cora after Hinch getting a year while the report said he was vehemently against it, just did jackshit about it.

I'd say minimum he gets 3-5 years but the guy won't ever work in baseball again so maybe MLB will just blacklist him to really make an example of him.

Still waiting for other teams to get outed now despite MLB trying to just wrap it up between HOU and BOS.

War Eagle

Status

And now Beltran out as Mets manager before even managing a game. It will be interesting to see when more teams are found guilty of this. I don't believe that it's only isolated in Houston and Boston, unfortunately, the cynic in me just will not allow myself to think that way.

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

A few weeks old, but I'm excited to see what the Twins can do with Josh Donaldson. It's a massive contract, but he showed last year that when he's healthy he's incredible.

Maybe we'll get over the Yankees hump.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I am hyped for this upcoming season of ball, I don’t know what it is I’m usually always hyped but this year I’m more hyped than ever. Even if the Padres don’t even do that well, I’ll just be happy to see baseball again.

I don’t know if we’re gonna get Mookie but it’ll be cool if we did, even though if it means we lose Wil Myers I’d be bummed about losing him I like that dude a lot.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    A few weeks old, but I'm excited to see what the Twins can do with Josh Donaldson. It's a massive contract, but he showed last year that when he's healthy he's incredible.

Maybe we'll get over the Yankees hump.
    I miss him already. I wanted to bring him back and wouldn't have been upset at the contract he got but I trust the front office until they give me reason not to.

I would expect he puts up a ton of value in the first two years and trails off a bit but I don't think that contract will kill the Twins.

God's Gift to God

Status

Anyone interested in joining our WC Fantasy Baseball league? We need one more owner.

It's Ottoneu format with a buy-in of $50 and we moved to a prize league structure this season. Mix of WC members and some non WC folk. It's more of a dynasty league with a salary cap where you can keep players for as long as you want you just have to manage the salary cap as their salaries rise.

There's a thread for the league buried here somewhere but with baseball season starting soon figured to throw in the invite here as well. Can give more information if anyone is interested.

Cardcaptor

Status

Welp, looks like Mookie and David Price are both getting traded to the Dodgers.

-_-
    Everything will surely be alright.

God's Gift to God

Status

I don't fault them considering the situation but really it highlights how ill-advised the contracts were that got handed out. That Eovaldi contract was literally setting money on fire, Sale had enough medical questions it really didn't seem necessary to sign him to guaranteed money at the time and paying David Price $34 Million a year wasn't a good idea for anyone Not saying the Sox would have been able to avoid trading Mookie had that not happened but it sure would have been easier to fit him in. And at the least they would have had the flexibility to actually work the roster instead of being pigeon holed by a fear of going over the threshold.

If he puts up a monster season I can't even fathom what his contract will be. Same as not being able to really know what Trout would have gotten in free agency.

Crazy times.

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

Meanwhile in that same trade, Dodgers trade Kenta Maeda to Minnesota while Twins send Brusdar Graterol to the Red Sox. Wow.

On one hand, I get why, on the other hand, Graterol was looking to be a massively talented prospect.

Status

Honestly if they didn't Pay Eovaldi, re-sign Sale that is money that could have easily paid Mookie. I get he wants a record breaking contract, but with teams like the Red Sox, Dodgers, Yankees they can afford those contracts. If they just spent the money the right way they could have easily given him the contract. I get at some point it's how much is too much? I just don't get their mentality, they'll burn money like giving an extension to Sale who has crazy arm problems, but then say we aren't paying one of the best players in baseball. And people around here might hate David Price, but you can't question his talent. You don't replace guys like that easily.

God's Gift to God

Status

I guess it could be part of the reason dombrowski was randomly fired. There's nothing stopping them from signing him in free agency. He made it clear he wasn't signing an extension so he could test free agency.

TUFF

Status

It was all just a mis-managing of contracts to other players such as Eovaldi that caused this to happen imo. Betts is one hell of a player and for the Red Sox to not be able to have enough money to sign him is nuts. Then again, Betts wanted a record breaking deal. It could happen next offseason but we shall see.

As a Yankees fan, it'll be interesting to see how management handles contracts with guys like Sanchez and Judge.

All in all, I think we're expecting a Yankees vs. Dodgers World Series. It's gotta happen!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

God's Gift to God

Status

Deal hit a snag but is expected to go through eventually. Graterol had a sketchy medical record so Boston is seeking either additional players or some kind of money relief.

Status

Thoughts on Luis Severino?

He was a Cy Young candidate in 2017 and 2018 and looked to be the Yankees next young star ace pitcher. But now he's missed all of 2019 with that injury, and he apparently is getting shut down for rest already due to forearm soreness to start this year.

Is he damaged goods?

God's Gift to God

Status

I'd start questioning the Yankees training staff. Severino. Stanton. Judge. Their entire roster last season.

TUFF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I'd start questioning the Yankees training staff. Severino. Stanton. Judge. Their entire roster last season.
    I really don't understand how this is happening to us. We literally changed the medical staff as well. What is going on?! Could be us overreacting but after the injuries we've seen, there's gotta be something wrong there.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

War Eagle

Status

That Dodgers lineup is gross. Honestly if they don't win the WS this year, how much more payroll can they possibly take on in order to FINALLY get over the hump

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information