Thread: Tessa Blanchard leaving Impact?

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Tessa Blanchard leaving Impact?

I was going to post this in the tidbits but if it turns out to be true, this is a pretty significant story. Here's the article from Wrestle Talk reporting that Tessa is leaving Impact:

Ryan McKinnell of Busted Open Radio is reporting that Tessa Blanchard is done with IMPACT Wrestling, and could be heading to either WWE or AEW.

Blanchard is without doubt one of the most gifted wrestlers on the planet, and is one of IMPACT’s biggest stars, so her departure will have a huge impact on the promotion if the report is true.

"Tessa Blanchard’s contract with IMPACT is apparently up. Does she stay or does she go?

I’m certainly not one to say. However, I can’t help but feel like the AEW’s women’s division could use a kick. And let’s not forget, that’s where Tully is. Seems like a natural fit, no?"

— Ryan McKinnell (@RyanMcKinnell) October 23, 2019

While WWE would probably be able to offer her more money, there is a rather personal reason that could convince her to choose AEW. Her daddy.

Tully Blanchard is working as a manager for Shawn Spears on AEW at the moment, so his influence could be huge in convincing Tessa to sign.

Blanchard has of course wrestled for WWE before, appearing sparingly on NXT in 2016 and during the 2017 Mae Young Classic, where she lost in the first round to eventual winner Kairi Sane.
    Now there are quite a few caveats here. First off, this report seems to only indicate that she's at the end of her contract. The possibility is there that she might just resign with Impact. Secondly, I have read on Ringside News that her contract with Impact actually runs until the Summer of 2020. So there is quite a lot of question marks surrounding the whole situation.

Assuming that her contract is up, I would kind of hate to see her leave Impact. I'm liking what Impact has been doing the last two years or so and I'm finally making a conscious effort to follow them again. Tessa is a huge part of that. Despite all the doubters, her and Sami have had awesome encounters. She was just in a five way ladder match for the X Division Championship at Bound For Glory that was really excellent. She is hands down the biggest star Impact have at the moment. Her feud with Sami and oVe is one of the best of the year and it still needs a proper ending. None of this that she's been doing would be possible in any other major promotion.

But then on the other hand, she is almost too big of a star to just spend her career in Impact. She's really young still but in this kind of industry you've got it get while you can. Who knows where her stock or the business will be a year or two from now? And Charlotte vs. Tessa is a legit dream match for me that I'm dying to see before all is said and done. So in saying that, if she does leave Impact, I would much prefer to see her go to WWE where she'll at least have the best female competition and a good platform, opposed to AEW who have failed to sell me on their women's division thus far.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - THE FINALS!!
    Shock vs. Ed

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: Tessa Blanchard leaving Impact?

I'd hate if she left impact before her current angle gets to play out. In all liklihood she becomes World Champ if she stays with Impact for another year.

AEWs Women's division is atrocious, they care about Women's Wrestling even less than WWE does, and in WWE she'd more than likely just be cannon fodder to the top two Horse women and the Bliss Bulldozer. What she's doing in Impact is the only thing I'm at all interested about in all of Pro Wrestling.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Blanchard vs Flair writes itself. Would be a massive get for the E and would give them another top tier woman immediately. AEW would be a waste she’s immediately be the most legit woman on the roster by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

She's still got 8 months on her contract apparently so this report is jumping the gun a little I think. I wouldn't worry about her leaving before this Sami feud wraps up. She has to leave when the contract, and I don't think anyone would blame her.

As I've said for a while, there's going to be a bidding war for her because she's great and carries herself as a star and would be a big boost to any company. Either she goes to AEW and becomes the top woman there, or she goes to WWE and potentially can become one of the top women on that roster and tbh I think they'd probably offer her a contract to skip NXT and go straight to main roster because they'll want her that much.

From a fan perspective she'll do really well in either division, but I'm hoping she goes to WWE because that's where the more interesting matches are for me and the ceiling is far far higher for women in that company than they are in the early days of AEW. However I see her choosing AEW; she worked All In, they employ her dad, less dates and time on the road would probably appeal given she dates Daga, and the lure of being potentially #1 in the division and not being held back behind the horsewomen might really appeal to her.

Hail To The King

Status

To be fair when her contract is up shes the biggest free agent in wrestling by far. I like to see her go to NXT see her vs. Belair, Yim, Rhea, IO, Baszler fuck there some good matches for her.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information