Thread: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 18, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 18, 2019

Friday Night Smackdown Preview
    October 18, 2019

Roman Reigns ready to take the Intercontinental Title from Shinsuke Nakamura

Sami Zayn brought his bark to Twitter Thursday morning, and The Big Dog took notice.

After Shinsuke Nakamura fell to the third round of the WWE Draft, Zayn took exception and spouted off on social media about the disrespect for the champion.

Zayn’s tweet entered The Big Dog’s yard, and Reigns responded that he was ready to place the Intercontinental Championship back on his shoulder.

Nakamura accepted the challenge from his own Twitter account and invited Reigns into his own yard.

Can The King of Strong Style continue cashing the checks that Zayn’s mouth writes? Or will Reigns end Nakamura’s reign and begin his own championship run to kick off the new era of SmackDown?

Tune in for Friday Night SmackDown on FOX at 8/7 C to see the thrilling Intercontinental Championship Match.

Bayley joins MizTV in the wake of reclaiming the Smackdown Women's Championship in brash fashion

Bayley with the new hair is ready for her closeup.

Fresh off debuting a new look, slashing down her Bayley Buddies and reclaiming the SmackDown Women’s Championship from Charlotte Flair, Bayley has plenty of questions left to answer following the explosive victory and ensuing celebration.

The Miz is ready to roll out the blue carpet and give the championthe opportunity to clarify what inspired last week’s torrid outburst. Will Bayley share her true intentions, or will she continue to lash out at the WWE Universe after last week’s two-word antagonizing refrain?

Smackdown Women's Championship at stake in six-pack challenge match

The depth of the SmackDown Women’s division will be on full display in a loaded Six-Pack Challenge Match. Carmella, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose all square off for the opportunity to face Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Title.

Carmella enters with the experience of a former champion, but all of the competitors are hungry to make a big impression on the blue brand.

Who will emerge to challenge the reinvented Bayley, and is the winner destined for a similar fate as the Bayley Buddies?

The New Day team up with Heavy Machinery to clash with The Revival and Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler

With all of WWE’s top twosomes on a collision course for tag team supremacy at Crown Jewel in the largest Tag Team Turmoil Match in history, SmackDown’s premiere tag teams will clash on Friday Night. The New Day team up with Heavy Machinery as The Power of Positivity meets “The Power of Colossal Creativity” in a matchup against SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival and the glorious pairing of Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.

Who will position themselves as the class of the new SmackDown division? Can these teams coexist, or will the upcoming Tag Team Turmoil showdown cause the match to devolve into chaos?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 18, 2019

I would like to think this is the start of the reboot but until Crown Jewel is over we're still going to have some crossover aren't we?

Interested to see if Roman takes the IC title, as that will need to be the relevant title if the main titles don't change hand at CJ (It's possible both could switch). With thel likelyhood Lesnar beats Cain and Seth retains against The Fiend, the IC strap will be what everything is over, so Reigns running with that title for a few months seems very likely to me.

Not too fussed over the womens match as they'll just be fodder for Bayley so they may aswell make it Carmella or Dana just for the easy retain.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Jesus, when was the last time you heard a positive crowd reaction like that for Roman Reigns? I think they have to put him over here.

Ole!

Status

Well Smackdown hasn't been too bad but ive now had 2 tornado warning interruptions so missed some now.

Status

Based on the highlights it looked like a very uneventful show. Nothing looked too bad though. I was happy to see Gable get a little mic time. Not so happy to see Corbin maybe forging ANOTHER alliance of heels. And on top of that, you had Nakamura basically taking two Ls in one night. What's that all about? I'm also not too sure that having Bayley debut her new persona in a segment where The Miz verbally demolishes her.

But all in all it looked okay. Not upset about missing it though. I'm ready to get this Saudi show out of the way.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

If Miz is never going to get pushed again which seems to be the case, then I hope we at least get to see more of the Miz showing up people on the mic. He's carried enough people in promos and done his best to make others look like competent mic workers to no reward. Just expose these talentless hacks from now on.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    If Miz is never going to get pushed again which seems to be the case, then I hope we at least get to see more of the Miz showing up people on the mic. He's carried enough people in promos and done his best to make others look like competent mic workers to no reward. Just expose these talentless hacks from now on.
    How does it seem to be the case that he's "never" going to get pushed again? It's the WWE for christ's sakes, they can heat up someone to work a program in a hot minute if they so desire.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Steven Spielberg Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I thought the Bayley segment was a total misstep. Bayley's not a good enough promo as it is, but then to put her opposite Miz who dressed her down and she had no comeback for it was a bad call, if your heel turn promo hyping the reasons why she turned ends up being 'I don't owe you people an explanation', don't bother doing it, it's so predictable and has no reaction. Also, does Sasha need to be attached at the hip with her? I don't think it helps to have a bigger star just overshadowing her during this title reign.

Would not of chosen Drew Gulak as the Braun squash last night.

babyface Bryan ftw though. Looking forward to them pushing him towards Lesnar again.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    How does it seem to be the case that he's "never" going to get pushed again? It's the WWE for christ's sakes, they can heat up someone to work a program in a hot minute if they so desire.
    This is true to a degree, ultimately anyone in Wrestling can be salvaged, Mark Henrys Hall Of Pain proves this. But that's rare and the writings on the wall. Look at how irrelevant Miz is since Shane buried him. At least right now they clearly have zero interest in using him, and even prior to that for those three years where he was getting regular TV time he was still little more than a glorified jobber that lost every match of importance outside beating guys like Ziggler.

I have zero optimism about the WWE, I've seen them cut the legs out from under Miz so many times just in the last few years. So many situations where he was Main Event ready and they jobbed him out to The Shield instead. Why would I expect any different? Its pretty obvious they don't see him as a top guy at all, if they did they would struck while the Iron is hot instead of making him one of the most irrelevant people on TV every week.

Flob Sweat

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I’m probably giving this company too much credit, but I’m hoping Kofi blowing off his title loss and talking about the ‘Power of Positivity’ instead is a bit of a smokescreen and at a later point we’ll see him actually affected by that humiliation. Only reason I say that is while he was talking that guff with a big smile, he was balling his hand into a fist, squashing the pancakes he was holding.

That’s too subtle for the WWE though, isn’t it?

”Life sucks and then you die.” So, we know who scripted Bayleys promo, anyway. Just a full house of generic heel explanation bingo.

Overall, this was such a nothing show. If I’m Fox, I’m starting to ring some alarm bells, if we’re already getting typical, business as usual TV in just week 3.

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I thought it was a decent show, a step up from last week’s show imo. I enjoyed Roman and Shin before it was abruptly ended, and the main event was fun.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

I hate that they always feed really talented guys to Strowman. Sami, KO, Gulak, The Bar... they all deserve better. It's made worse by the fact that, when push comes to shove, Strowman always loses the matches that matter.

Thread Information