Thread: War Torn

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

War Torn

Whilst I'm still not motivated to do BTB, I still feel the need/urge to do something creatively. This is where my creativity has lead me. I'll be posting a fictional story that I want to tell, but I'll be telling the story via diary entries from 2 of the main characters. There is potential a third, lesser important character may get a couple of entries also, or I might turn the third into a complete spin off of this story. I'm a little undecided.

This is expected to be a short story and not necessarily a Shade epic or anything like that. I'll be trying to keep the entries at a shortish length, and my planning has this story sitting at around 20 odd entries.

I'll also be posting this on Wattpad under my real name, so if anybody sees it on there (it will be posted after this), cool. Anyway, here goes nothing.

-CHRISTOPER SMITH-
    DIARY ENTRY ONE
    Dear Diary,

My name is Christopher Smith and I’ve decided to start sharing my thoughts in here as a way to help me keep my sanity, and record all of the exciting things that are to come in my life. I have a big reason to assume that the best is yet to come in life, because today was the best day of my life. Today I officially had my Enlistment/Appointment day which means I’m officially in the Australian Military. This means I’m pumped up for whatever that comes next because I’ve always wanted to do something that felt like I was really putting in work for my country.

I’ve been raised a typical boy in Melbourne, an only child with two loving parents, who remain happily married to this very day. They have supported me in all of my endeavors since day one. When I was young and set the goal of representing Australia in Shot Put at the Olympics, they had my back. When that goal switched to becoming a solider, they still had my back. The one constant in my life, my parents have always had my back. I can’t explain the love I have for them in words, but if it wasn’t for them, I don’t know where I’d be.

I think they figured out at a rather early age that Shot Put wasn’t for me, but they still took me to training anyway. I soon figured out the same thing when I overheard my coach telling one of the other kid’s coaches that I “threw like a girl”. Despite the encouragement from my parents, Shot Put was scrapped after that. Being raised as an Aussie boy who loved his country, I still wanted to do something for my country. Then one day, a group of soldiers came to my school and talked about their experiences fighting for our country, and from then, I was hooked.

I would have been 16 at the time and with a permission slip from my parents, I signed up to the gym the very next week. I knew I needed to work on my fitness if I was going to be a soldier. Bench presses, Bicep Curls, a variety of cardio, I was all over it multiple times a week. I’ve eat, slept and breathed becoming a solider since that very moment. My friends would go out and party and chase girls, whilst I’d go for a late night run or another gym session, doing all I could to prove to myself that I was dedicated. My social life suffered because of this but I truly didn’t care, still don’t if I’m completely honest.

My parents are happy for me and what I’ve achieved so far, but I know they want to see me find a woman and start a family. I have those goals as well, but they aren’t my current priority. All I want to do right now is be the best I can be and represent my country. Maybe once I’ve finished duty, I can find myself a girl.

Anyway, getting through the process of being accepted into the army is another thing I need to thank my parents for. Despite the dedication and the talk that changed my life, the day I brought home the application form, I was scared to fill it out. One day turned into a week and I still hadn’t filled out the form. It was just gathering dust on my old, wooden computer desk. I knew it’s what I wanted to do but filling out the forms was still a big step for me. Luckily, my parents gave me the foot in the backside I needed, and next thing I knew, the form was signed.

Once I received contact back, the process was still quite extensive. These are a list of the different things I had to do that I can remember off the top of my head: Medical questionnaire, aptitude test, medical assessment, psychological assessment, multiple other interviews, Officer Selection board day and a fitness test. At every stage I almost felt the need to quit out of fear of failure, but my parents kept me going. The only stage I truly felt comfortable was the fitness test, as I’d been preparing for that for years. Why did nobody tell me about all the other stuff?

Anyway, the good news is I made it through and I’ll use this diary to keep track of my journey in the Army. I have pride in the journey that I am about to begin and I want to be able to share it with my children and their children whenever the time comes. I’m in the Australian Army and I’ve never felt better. Now it’s off to do some basic military training for a month, before I get a bit of downtime leading to my first ever deployment. Have I mentioned how excited I am? The answer is very.

Note to self, I want to do something really nice for my parents when I get back from training in New South Wales.

And just to be real cheesy and patriotic, I’ll end this first entry with:

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

Bring back kayfabe!

Status

Re: War Torn

Welcome back, Stojy!

Wondered what happened to you.

Jam Up Guy

Status

Even if it isn't a wrestling-themed post, I'm still really happy to see you posting again. Not much to go by from this first post, but interested to follow along as we get in to the later entries. I'm terrible for following non-wrestling BTBs, but I absolutely will do my best in this case.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Appreciate the comments from both of you Vader and Keef, much appreciated. Another pretty stock standard intro post here of our second main character.

-ALICE JOHNSTONE-
    DIARY ENTRY ONE
    Dear Diary,

My name is Alice Johnstone and I’ve decided to start noting down my thoughts in this diary. Well, actually, this is kind of awkward because I’ve always written a diary, however due to certain events in life, I’ve decided to start a new diary. So it’s kind of an introduction but at the same time, I already feel like I know these pages and the potential outcome of our relationship all too well. Hopefully this relationship can pan out better than the last few actual relationships I’ve been in with men, which is part of the reason why I keep needing a new diary, but I guess I’ll go into a little more detail regarding all of that soon enough.

For the sake of starting this the way a diary should be started, a little about me? Hmm, picture the perfect family well I was growing up, living the dream, and then flip it on its head. Mum and Dad were always fighting and leaving me at my grandparents for days on end, whilst they did their best to sort out their crap. The domestic disputes, the violence, it was all so much for me to take in. It was so bad that I’d dread hearing their car in the driveway at my grandparents, because it meant that they were picking me up to take me home. On the other side of the coin, my grandparents virtually raised me and they were and are still the most important people in my life.

The greatest day of my life was the day my parents separated. I say separated because they didn’t do anything properly, which means I’m a Bastard, they were never married. It’s funny, when my exes call me a Bastard I get offended, but for me to say it, it’s completely fine. Seriously though, once my parents started living apart, and only spending time with me without the other around, life improved tremendously. There was no more fighting, no more violence, and it actually felt as if I was living a somewhat normal life. As normal as it gets for me anyway.

Due to the family trauma, I never really concentrated too much at school, which is something I regret. I mean, I just sometimes wonder what could have been if I applied myself at a younger age and went to University. Still, I’m content with my career path, managing a retail clothing store at our local shopping centre. I mean, it’s not the most glamorous job in the world, but it pays the bills, and I’ve got a bunch of cool girls, who have become like family working under me. That’s really all I need at this point, I don’t want handouts from my parents, and I don’t want to have to rely on a man. I just want my independence and I get that with my pay check.

Speaking of men, when it comes to me and relationships, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. My Dad doesn’t talk too much about it for obvious reasons, but my Mum likes to say that I’ve got her luck when it comes to relationships. My last two partners have been at the worst end of both spectrum, one emotionally abused me and the other physically abused me. They are both the reason why I’ve started a new diary, so I can forget all about them and release the memory of them from my life. My psychologist said that this would be a great idea.

Another great idea from my psychologist is in the introduction of training mixed martial arts in my life. The gym is fairly expensive, but not only does it allow me to release some frustration, it makes me feel comfortable and confident. I will not be the damsel in distress ever again, no man will ever physically abuse me again. As a matter of fact, sometimes I wish I could come across my ex again… I can defend myself now.

That’s enough about my issues with men though. I’m sure you’ll hear more about those over time, but right now, I’m content with life. My job is solid, my relationship with my parents are solid, and that’s all I really need. I have an inner circle of friends who I trust, and I have no want for a relationship right now. My psychologist says I need to love myself before I can love anybody else again and that’s exactly what I plan to do.

Anyway, that’s enough rambling for me, it’s late and I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow at work. Stock take, ugh, worst thing ever… Seriously.

PS… I need to remind myself to fix the leaky tap in the bathroom as soon as possible. That can’t be good for my water bill.

Sincerely Yours,
    Alicia Johnstone
    Last edited by Stojy; 10-19-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

-CHRISTOPER SMITH-
    DIARY ENTRY TWO

Dear Diary,

It’s definitely been a long time between entries, over a month and a half, but that’s because I was interstate doing weapons training. I’m now officially qualified to go into battle for my country, my body is a lethal weapon. Well, maybe that’s pushing it, but my body knows how to carry lethal weapons and use them to kill terrorists, so that’s something. I’m not going to lie though, training was tough. Not only were we learning how to shoot a variety of guns, we were also learning how to put together a sniper rifle in pitch black. Believe me that one took some time. On top of that, we were always all exhausted because when we weren’t studying weaponry, we were fitness training. If I have to do anymore push ups, my arms are probably going to fall off. Do they not realize they won’t be able to deploy me with no arms? There wasn’t actually a lot of time to sleep or do anything for that matter. I’ve done some reading on a few Navy SEALS and let me tell you, this had to have been the Australian equivalent to Hell Week.

Before I continue on into new territory, I should mention that once I returned, I did do something nice for my parents like I said I would. I threw them a surprise party, nothing over the top but just some of our closest family and friends were invited to celebrate. No birthday, no anniversary, no occasion, I just needed them to understand how much I and others appreciate them. Both of them got pretty emotional and then so did I, but without a doubt, it was a great night.

Since I’ve been back from training, If I’m honest, I’ve sort of been spinning my wheels. I had to quit my day job for military training so I’m currently unemployed, and I’m sitting around waiting to be deployed. I’ve been told I could get deployed within a days’ notice, and it could happen anytime. I could get told I need to fly out somewhere tomorrow, or I could get told I need to fly out somewhere in six months. It’s a little frustrating not having much to do, especially when everybody you know is working. My go to cure for my boredom has been the gym. I’ve been training two times a day now, having a morning weights session followed with an evening cardio and some swimming. I’m spending about four hours a day in the gym, keeping myself fit for whenever I get that ever important call.

Feeling myself going crazy doing nothing, I decided I need to get a job, even if it’s just on a casual basis so my employer will understand I might have to quit at any point. For the first time in ages, I dusted off my old computer, updated my resume and made some print outs. I’m old school so I went to the local shops to hand out resumes, however apparently a majority of retail stores prefer applications to be made online. Ugh, that just annoys me. Society continues to forget about how important human interaction is, but this is probably a rant for another day.

There were still a few stores that were accepting resumes, and I made sure to visit each one. Pretty much every store was the same, “oh, we’ll take this and pass it on to your manager”. Who really knows if I’ll hear back from any of them? Anyway, sometimes I wonder if there is such thing as destiny or fate because the craziest thing happened as I was ready to leave. I had one resume left in my hand but had all but given up, when my bladder decided I needed to go to the toilet. I went to the restroom, relived myself, and the toilets happened to be next to a shop I missed earlier. This shop had a huge “HELP WANTED” sign on the window, so I thought I’d take a look.

When I walked in, I almost tumbled into a mannequin wearing a jumpsuit, I was so distracted and it had nothing to do with the clothes the store sold. I was distracted by the most beautiful girl I had ever seen before. She was a brunette with a cute, little pointy nose and a smile that gave me butterflies in my stomach. Doing her retail duty, she came and asked if I needed help and I explained that I was handing out resumes, and she just so happened to be the manager. We spoke for a while and she regretted to inform me that her business has a policy of only hiring females, as the female shoppers feel more comfortable. Considering one of their biggest sellers are bras and panties that made sense to me.

We continued to speak anyway and she, her names Alice by the way, was just so impressive. She was well spoken, hilarious, and I just kept getting lost in her bright blue eyes. Her eyes were mesmerizing, there probably isn’t any other way to describe them. The amount of times I had something clever to say but then lost it was crazy. Somehow though, she seemed to be interested in a poor schmuck like me. It didn’t make a lot of sense to me, but I wasn’t going to ask why.

Suddenly, the store got busy and she had to get back to work, and I had to leave. Before I left, Alice and I exchanged numbers and we promised to be in touch. Who knows if we actually will? But I really hope we stay in contact. I’ve never connected with a woman like that before. Conversation flowed smoothly, she laughed at all my jokes, made me laugh, and she was pretty as all hell. I know I’m going to be deployed soon, maybe I’ll have to take her with me…

That was a joke, diary. I promise.

I know there’s supposed to be the tried and true ‘three day rule’, but I’ll be texting Alice tonight that’s for sure. Anyway, until next time…

Thread Information