Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Status

Re: Football Manager 2020

Serie A is an excellent choice. Absolutely great choice in Brescia. My work buddy who I got addicted has taken to Serie A in a serious way (we've both soured on the Prem to a degree and neither of us like FMing there) and Brescia is his club. So he will be thrilled with this choice as well. Look forward to updates.

No real updates on my end. I generally wait until the full game launches to start a save proper.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

6 games into the season.

Lost cup game one to a Serie B side through penalties (good guy balotelli missed his pen). Went on a three game losing streak to start the season. Won the following two, and drew a third. So 2-1-3 to start. Balotelli missed 4 games from last season suspension. My friend picked up Bologna and is 1-2-3 but won his cup game. No buys in the offseaosn. Lost my best wonderkid because of a predatory signing. As long as I survive relegation, itll be a season to be proud of. Using my same formation/tactic from Leverkusen becasue if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Early impressions on the game: Not much tbh. FM19 was a BIG BIG jump over FM18 so this year there doesnt seem to be big changes. Theyve added a Loan Manager and a Technical Director but I have a feeling that like the Sports Scientist and Data Analyst, theyll be guys I sign to fill up the ranks but never use. Only thing that bothers me is when youre signing staff, it used to tell you how interested they were in a position but now it doesnt. So for example, if im looking for a scout but wound up on a guy who only wants Chief Scout, it is not feasible for me to easily tell whether theyd be permissible to a scouting position so I have to guess or wait till they say "fuck you how many times do i have to tell you i want to be the fucking chief" instead of knowing straight away and saving me a shitton of clicks. Thats my only complaint really. Oh, only positive change i have noticed so far is that "crossing" is something you can now directly train. Last year you couldnt but this year you can turn defenders into crossing maestros. Idk if they changed it because of complaints. They took it out because coaches unanimously told them that crossing wasnt something trained individually.

Anyways. Go buy FM. Cool game.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Have you guys got it through steam itself or via other avenues? I've seen steam only codes and the actually physical copy so what is best haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you guys got it through steam itself or via other avenues? I've seen steam only codes and the actually physical copy so what is best haha.
    I got it through FMScout and it gave me a steam code.

Status

I always just buy mine through Steam. I haven't bothered with a physical copy in about 12 years.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Installed it and had an hour or two playing about with Man Utd given they need some work haha. Employed a DoF who went a bit trigger happy and made bids for Kimpembe and Hugo Mallo without my say so, how very dare he!

What i've noticed from the few matches i've played is that there seems to be a few long range efforts finding the net, whilst it is nice to see, I don't expect to see them almost every game. Oh and I keep getting told I don't have enough coaches or scouts pfft, there's plenty there.

I think i'll wait for the full release before I do a more "career" or "challenge" based game and will use this save for playing about and getitng used to things.

Heel Champion

Status

They got this Man Utd squad perfect, one game brilliant, the next game shit, really enjoying it haha.

Once the full game is released (Will we get play face packs etc or do they need to be downloaded seperately?) i'll either go to Italy and manage my old CM0102 goto guys in Lazio (Base of a good squad already there) or i'll head to Germany to try and stop Bayern/Dortmund romping things haha.

I'm still seeing a fair few long range crackers being scored, not seeing a lot from corners or indirect free kicks though.

Status

Any graphics that will be in the full release should be in the beta. They only have rights to so much. So you will have to download. Or transfer over as 2019 graphics will work, except for skins.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Ahh cheers Papa.

I think i've got the hang of most things now so will look at jazzing it up a bit then go for a career type game. I don't think i'll play in England much if at all with the pesky rules around brexit and all that crap haha. Looking forward to seeing what we all come up with

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I was going to download the BETA but I'll wait for the full game and dive into this around the Christmas Period when I've got some time off because god knows this game takes over life Haha!

I'll likely start a save with Porto and then I'll pick a more challenging one, maybe.

Looking forward to seeing how you all get on with your saves! Perhaps an online save? Be tricky with the timezones though I guess :/

"LET ME IN.."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information