Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - October 9, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - October 9, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    October 9, 2019

Lio Rush to challenge Drew Gulak for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship

Lio Rush will face one of his first major tests since returning to action when he challenges NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak tomorrow on WWE NXT,

The Man of The Hour made his return to the ring after a sabbatical on the Sept. 18 edition of NXT, defeating Oney Lorcan in a thrilling battle to earn the right to take on Gulak for the title. During his dominant reign, The Philadelphia Stretcher has declared himself the law when it comes to the Cruiserweight Title. Will Rush be able to enact his own change in the Cruiserweight division and dethrone Gulak? Find out when the NXT Cruiserweight Championship is on the line next tomorrow on WWE NXT, live at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Kushida and WALTER to clash on NXT

WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER and Imperium have made their presence felt in NXT since its debut on USA Network, mainly at the expense of Kushida. Tonight, the Japanese Superstar will get his chance at retribution when he goes one-on-one with The Ring General.

When Imperium first wreaked havoc on NXT three weeks ago, Kushida put a stop to their mayhem, taking out Alexander Wolfe, Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner, before slipping out of WALTER’s clutches. However, he would not be so lucky the following week. Though he and Breezango bested Wolfe, Barthel & Aichner in Six-Man Tag Team action, Kushida ended up on the receiving end of a big boot from the WWE United Kingdom Champion.

Will the outcome be the same when Kushida and WALTER lock horns? Tune in to NXT, live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network to find out!

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott to battle Roderick Strong

NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong will be in action tonight on USA Network, when he takes on Isaiah “Swerve” Scott in non-title action. The match was announced on WWE’s The Bump, which streams live on WWE Network, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter Wednesdays at 10 a.m. ET.

Scott has made major impressions since his arrival in NXT, with big performances in the NXT Breakout Tournament and against NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak on 205 Live. Strong has made waves himself, dethroning The Velveteen Dream as North American Champion on Sept. 18 and bringing The Undisputed ERA one step closer to completing their prophecy of gold. Despite Strong’s victory, Dream has vowed to reclaim the title.

Will “Swerve” continue to show why he’s one of NXT’s fastest rising Superstars and fast-track himself toward a title opportunity, or will Strong smash his speedy foe’s back into pieces and send a message to The Velveteen Dream?

How will the arrival of Finn Balor impact NXT

Last Wednesday, Finn Bálor shocked the world when he confronted NXT Champion Adam Cole with a simple message: “As of now, Finn Bálor is NXT!”

What does The Extraordinary Man’s arrival mean for the future of the black-and-gold brand? Will he be looking to dethrone Cole and become a two-time NXT Champion?

How will Tommaso Ciampa's quest to regain the NXT Championship continue?

Adam Cole’s night didn’t get any easier after Bálor’s arrival. As the NXT Champion arrived on the scene to celebrate with The Undisputed ERA after Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish’s successful NXT Tag Team Championship defense, the party was cut short by the return of Tommaso Ciampa.

Unlike Bálor, The Blackheart had nothing to say upon his return from neck surgery. Instead, he slowly paced around Cole, his eyes locked on the championship he had to forfeit because of his injuries. Will Ciampa’s quest to reclaim “Goldie” continue this week?

Can anyone stop Shayna Baszler?

Despite a spirited effort from Candice LeRae, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler retained her title in a thrilling battle.

As The Submission Magician’s reign rapidly approaches the one-year mark, will a new challenger emerge to try and dethrone The Queen of Spades? Find out on WWE NXT, live tomorrow at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - October 9, 2019

Those look like three very good matches to me, but simply booking good matches on paper and nothing else isn’t good enough. Would like to see some more promo work this week.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Echo the thoughts of Ed above.

Three very good matches that should bang.

I really hoping we get a good Balor promo on why he's back and his plans now that's he's back home. Just allow him to say what he wants to say.

Not sure we will get a promo from Ciampa, I can see a really cool vignette package being put together perhaps highlighting his rehab to get back to the top and his pursuit of "Goldie" - That would be sweet.

"LET ME IN.."

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Super good show this week, Gulak and Rush had a great match. Kushida and WALTER was awesome, real fun and exciting main event.

Nice character and story progression throughout this show that I liked a lot.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Great show as well. Strong and Swerve as well as Rush v Gulak were amazing. And Rhea Ripley destroying chicks is the best. Hope she stomps out the EST before taking that belt off Bayzler. Forgotten Sons beating Breezango was lame. Priest vs Dunn should be a banger. And I really like Grimes and his southern rock theme and attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hail To The King

Status

I be fine with Rhea winning the title.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Cherry picked a few matches this week. WALTER vs Kushida was amazing. I was a big advocate of Kushida going to the heavyweight division in New Japan, so glad it's happened albeit in a different company. Him going against WALTER is something else entirely. WALTER was great at everything from dishing out off, very diverse offence too. Ranging from mat work to strikes and suplexes. Even going to the top at one point. But also made Kushida (yeah, apparently, he lost the caps) look like a massive threat down the stretch. It helped that it was non-title, too. Kushida was great as the scrappy underdog. Some of his counters were amazingly creative like the DDT off the apron or the Hoverboard lock off the top rope.

The opener was rad as well. Lio Rush has had a rough year with all the backstage stuff but I'm glad that he was able to overcome all of it and had a total coming out party here, showing everyone how good he can be and reap the rewards. His style meshed with Gulak's extremely well and it came off greatly as a match. Hopefully this signals Gulak "moving up" and starts to wrestle Dream and Roddy more. That would be awesome.

Strong vs Swerve was okay. It was your standard Roddy match with him attacking the back. It was interesting but unspectacular.

Status

I don't love Lio Rush winning the Cruiserweight Title this quickly upon returning. I didn't even agree with him getting that number one contenders match in his first match back, because there's no basis for him to get that shot. I also love Gulak so I'm pretty down on the whole situation. But I hope the best for Lio and I'm sure as time goes on, I'll forget all about it and grow to appreciate his reign.

Rhea Ripley looks like a million bucks. At her age, with her look and her presence, she should have a very prolific career in WWE. Hopefully she gets that belt off Baszler in November.

Loved Breezango's entrance this week. I'm still not vibing with The Forgotten Sons. Usually NXT are so good with these monster tag teams but these guys have made no impression. And I like Jaxson Ryker at least. But their gimmick is super fucking vague and their ring work is not up to par with the other teams in NXT at this time.

I dig the Lynyrd Skynyrd gimmick for Cameron Grimes. Wondering when he's going to start wrestling actual matches though. I know he's got a good amount of talent. Sucks for ol' Boa, getting squashed in five seconds by Grimes and then getting wrecked by Killian Dain after the match.

Swerve and Roddy really brought it. I loved the stiff exchange they had early on in the match. I loved a lot of Swerve's innovative offense as well. That should carry him well as he continues to grow and develop his character to complement his in ring skills. What I did not enjoy about the match was the predictable involvement from The Undisputed ERA. I've had enough of their antics at this point. They can have great matches (especially Strong and KOR) but their nWo-level fuckery has turned me off of them a lot. I mean, in this match, they didn't exactly get their hands dirty, but their presence throwing off Swerve was just unneeded.

The Dream thing was alright. I was much more interested to see Ciampa come out again. But then he didn't really do much either so... whatever.

WALTER vs. Kushida was fun, and it's pretty dope to see these two go at it here in NXT. Both men vaunted for their international/indie work, but probably never would have faced off if not right here. The dynamic of this match worked splendidly. I maintain that I want to see Imperium in War Games this year. I just don't know which four opponents they would have. Obviously Kushida fills one spot. Breezango have been sort of intertwined with this thing so far, but I'm not sure. I just know I'd rather see Imperium in there this year than The Undisputed ERA or Bazler and her goons.

A good episode this week for certain. I'm still not really engrossed in most of these storylines though. The Undisputed ERA stuff is just boring to me at the moment. WALTER vs. Kushida is cool, but I couldn't really tell you what the basis of this feud is, to be honest. Then there's Priest vs. Dunne which sounds like it could be a good match but I have my doubts about Priest's character. It's got a cool presentation but just like The Forgotten Sons, it seems like the concept is so vague. What would you call his character? It seems like the description would just be "edgy guy who rambles about infamy", similar to how The Forgotten Sons are "big angry guys with an unspecified agenda". And then it looks like Keith Lee and Dijakovic isn't done yet either and as much as I like both of those guys, I really don't need to see them wrestle each other again for a while.

Great in ring product as always, but the storylines on this show are doing absolutely nothing for me.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Really good show again this week, really enjoyed it

Not a massive fan of Gulak but the match with Rush was good and I'm delighted with Lio becoming the new Cruiserweight Champion.

Though it was a very heavy video package show, maybe one too many? They're were all done well as usual and progressed the stories and characters. I really liked the Nox one.

Not keen on Breezango going over the top with the stripper like gimmick but taking the loss to the Son was the correct choice. Ryker coming out carrying Ever-Rise like two dead bodies was really cool.

Strong vs Swerve was really fun! I loved the promo segment after the match with Dream bouncing back from his missed promo not too long ago and embarrassing Strong which was fun. Ciampa coming out and telling "Goldie" that Daddy is home was a great touch. Segment with Ciampa knocking down Garza made me giggle as well.

Belair vs Kai wasn't as good as I thought it would be but comparing NXT's Women's Division to AEW's is completely night and day.

KUSHIDA vs WALTER was awesome! I loved this match! loved the dynamic that both men had in the ring. Probably the match on NXT that I've seen KUSHIDA have and he looked like an absolute star in this match. WALTER is legit as fuck, such a badass! I bet even OMB enjoyed this WALTER match Haha!

"LET ME IN.."

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

WALTER vs. KUSHIDA was excellent and the rest of the show was solid and entertaining at worst (whereas Dynamite had a really lull in the middle for me, bottoming out with that utterly awful women's tag match) so really it's all good for NXT this week. There was genuinely nothing I didn't like this week; Rush winning the now NXT Cruiserweight title (hopefully they get a new belt made before his next appearence) felt like a reset of the whole division, Ripley/Aliyah was a wonderfully entertaining squash and made Rhea look like a beast, it felt like the Forgotten Sons got a (pretty successful from my perspective) soft reboot and re-introduction with the win over Breeze and Fandango, Grimes squash of Boa makes him look good without hurting Boa because he was distracted by Dain and then Dain's destruction gives them a couple of different directions to go with him, Strong/Scott wasn't all it could be but it was enough and then they managed to cram in three different promo's that set up Dream/Strong for the NA title, Ciampa's thirst for Goldie AND then coming right out of that Ciampa's first match back against Angel Garza, I really enjoyed Belair/Kai and then, well... I've already said how much I liked the main event. Very, very good show overall.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

should these threads still be in this section now NXT is on TV?

Gulak vs Rush rocked so hard. Was a bit gutted they took the belt off Gulak but a great title match. Rush's strength has always been his speed and explosiveness, and he got to do all that and look tough as nails while surviving an ass-kicking from Drew.

Ripley is awesome, would happily have her take the belt off Shayna instead of Kai.

WALTER vs KUSHIDA was also great. Bit jarring to have KUSHIDA in control for so much of the match, but WALTER made him look like a star and the final flurry was brutal.

Thread Information