Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 4, 2019

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 4, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I got zero problem with Cain just how he debut was kind of weird Brock was scared of a guy in a knee brace injured and out of shape. I know hes been wrestling in AAA so I hope he does do well
    Because it’s a man who defeated him before for a title and he never expected him to see in WWE so it’s shock more than anything. A week removed from Seth screaming in a corner to the fiend, I don’t know why Brock is being described as scared. More shocked and backed away to fight another day for me.

Dunno what shape has got to do with anything either when Kevin Owens is one of the most popular guys on the roster and I believe Austin wore a knee brace for years and did alright for himself.

Jam Up Guy

Status

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - October 4, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Because it’s a man who defeated him before for a title and he never expected him to see in WWE so it’s shock more than anything. A week removed from Seth screaming in a corner to the fiend, I don’t know why Brock is being described as scared. More shocked and backed away to fight another day for me.
    Yeah I didn't actually watch the show, but sought out a clip of it after all the talk on here and elsewhere. I didn't get that he was scared at all. Just shocked, and then beaten up. Pretty much exactly how you'd expect something like this to go (even if I find bringing Cain in pretty dumb).

I know I'm late to this party but haven't been online much this weekend. I've seen a few comparisons of the main event to Goldberg/Brock at Survivor Series on here and elsewhere, and it's an interesting comparison as both were title matches that went seconds. The difference though, if Brock was a dominant heel, so him getting shown up like that was cathartic. The underdog babyface losing like that is deflating and, frankly, poor storytelling.

It's also about the context coming in. Before Brock lost to Goldberg, he was treated like the biggest, most unbeatable person in the company. That meant a few second loss felt like a fluke which wasn't reflective of his actual standing. All the groundwork laid over the previous however many years protected him in that match. Kofi, though, is a lifelong midcarder who recently got off a feud with Dolph Ziggler. Him facing an actual star for the first time and losing in seconds feels more like "you aren't on this level" than "you're elite but got caught out". That's why I think people feel shortchanged by it being such a short loss. Most people I've seen haven't loved Kofi's run, but for it to end in a few seconds as soon as he faces someone who matters makes it seem all the more pointless, and like the previous 6 months have been a total waste of everyone's time. Had he at least gone out fighting, I think people wouldn't have been as bothered by it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information