Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    October 2, 2019

Matt Riddle to challenge NXT Champion Adam Cole tonight on USA Network

After defeating Killian Dain in a brutal Street Fight, Matt Riddle earned the right to challenge NXT Champion Adam Cole tonight on WWE NXT.

The Original Bro barely had any time to recover from his grueling victory over The Beast of Belfast on the Sept. 25 episode of NXT when Cole emerged to get in his new challenger’s face, letting Riddle know that he was not on the NXT Champion’s level. Unfortunately for Cole, that may not be the case, as he found out firsthand when Riddle locked on a Fujiwara Armbar, forcing Cole to tap out repeatedly until the rest of The Undisputed ERA arrived.

Cole was listed on NXT's injury report as questionable coming out of last Wednesday's incident with The Original Bro, with a suspected fracture in his right arm. However, the NXT Champion was confident as ever in a video posted to his Twitter account on Sunday, though it should be noted that Cole was sporting a brace on his injured arm.

Cole and his running buddies have been bragging about dripping with gold as of late. Will Matt Riddle put an end to their prophecy?

Can Candice LeRae dethrone Shayna Baszler?

Candice LeRae defeated four other Superstars in a thrilling Fatal 5-Way Match two weeks ago to earn the right to challenge NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler on tonight’s edition of NXT.

The champion, who has been dominant since winning the title last October, is extremely confident heading into her latest defense. LeRae, however, is not afraid of The Submission Magician, and is out to bring Baszler’s reign to an end. Can Tenacious C claim the NXT Women’s Title, or will Baszler continue to reign supreme?

The Street Profits to challenge NXT Tag Team Champions Undisputed ERA

The Street Profits will get a chance to reclaim the NXT Tag Team Championship from The Undisputed ERA tonight, when they challenge Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly for the titles live on USA Network.

Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford have made no bones about the fact that they were coming back for the titles since their defeat on Aug. 28. NXT General Manager William Regal made the rematch official on Twitter last week.

Will The Street Profits bring The Undisputed ERA’s reign with all of NXT’s titles to an abrupt end, or will Fish & O’Reilly show that the future of NXT is indeed undisputed?

Johnny Gargano goes one-on-one with Shane Thorne

Former NXT Champion Johnny Gargano will make his USA Network debut tonight, when he takes on “The Worst” Shane Thorne.

Ever since he was left out of the NXT Breakout Tournament, Thorne has been on a crusade to make sure the spotlight shines on him, going so far as to claim that Johnny Wrestling was taking up his time and needed to “take a walk” from the black-and-gold brand.

In response, Gargano dropped Thorne with a superkick and declared that he is NXT “for life.” Will Thorne take the spotlight, or will Gargano show that he is still one of NXT’s top Superstars?

The Velveteen Dream experience comes to NXT

His Purple Highness is returning to USA Network tonight, and it will certainly be an experience.

“The Velveteen Dream Experience” is coming to NXT, and there’s no telling what the vainglorious Superstar has in store. How will The Velveteen Dream bounce back from losing the NXT North American Championship to Roderick Strong? Find out tonight, during NXT’s two-hour premiere on USA Network, airing live with limited commercial interruption at 8/7 C!

WWE Watch Along will stream live during NXT’s Oct. 2 episode on WWE Network, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

NXT’s two-hour premiere on USA Network just got even bigger. You can watch this spectacular with your favorite WWE and NXT Superstars during a special edition of WWE Watch Along, which will stream live tonight on WWE Network, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook during NXT, which features three championship matches.

Former NXT standouts and WWE Superstars Ricochet and Apollo Crews headline the Watch Along coverage. NXT Superstars, including Kassius Ohno, Bianca Belair, Keith Lee, Jordan Myles, Rachael Evers, Chelsea Green & Deonna Purrazzo, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Rik Bugez, Jordan Omogbehin, Mansoor, Malcolm Bivens and Brendan Vink will also join the set throughout the night.

For the full experience, tune in to WWE NXT, airing live tonight on USA Network at 8/7 C with limited commercial interruption, then fire up Watch Along on the award-winning WWE Network, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

Don’t miss the NXT Pre-Show tonight on WWE Network, Facebook, Twitter and more

Before a huge night of NXT action on USA Network, tune in to WWE Network and social media for an NXT Pre-Show that will break down everything going on tonight at Full Sail University.

Charly Caruso, Pat McAfee and Sam Roberts will be analyzing everything happening during NXT’s monumental two-hour live premiere on USA Network, including the three showstopping championship matches – NXT Champion Adam Cole vs. Matt Riddle, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler vs. Candice LeRae, and NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed ERA vs. The Street Profits.

Make sure you’re ready for one of the biggest nights in the black-and-gold-brand’s history by tuning in to the NXT Pre-Show, streaming live tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET on WWE Network, WWE.com, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Then, tune in at 8 p.m. ET for NXT’s live, two-hour premiere on USA Network, with limited commercial interruption! Plus, keep WWE Network, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter open for WWE Watch Along, where you can see your favorite WWE and NXT Superstars react to this huge night of action as it happens!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

Basically a mini takeover. Praying that we're gonna get a new womens champion tonight because the Shayna stuff is just so dated now and it needs to start feeling like a new era in NXT. I'd get more excited for Riddle/Cole if I thought there was a chance the title was changing hands, but they made so much of a deal over Undisputed Era chasing all the gold that I can't imagine them having all the gold only lasts for 2 wees. Bet the tag match will be MOTN.

Word of warning, they are KICKING OFF THE SHOW with Cole Vs Riddle. Wednesday Night Wars yo.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Pretty good card, I'm excited for this!

Random but I don't like Sam Roberts, his stupid haircut and face annoys me Haha!

Anyway..

Colde vs Riddle should be awesome! I wouldn't totally rule out Riddle winning the Championship. NXT have been pretty good at keeping their fingers on the pulse and changing the main title when they want to cause a shock or pop with the crowd. I hope Cole retains mind- I love the UE holding all the gold.

Shayna vs Candice should be cool. I know some people are ready but I'm happy to see Shayna continue on as Champ.

Tag Team match & Gargano vs Thorne should be pretty fun too!

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Definitely a Takeover vibe to this. Sadly it also has the okay card syndrome most have too. The title matches should be interesting. I want Riddle to win but I can see Cole just getting the win (hope I'm wrong). I think Candice LeRea will win the title. No better time than now. The Era retains imo. I'm not fond of their other matches but third times a charm. Not sure what there plan is for Thorne, if they have one but I'm for him beating Gargano.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah it's going to be hard to choose what to dedicate my Brain towards tonight whether it's AEW or NXT. Good Card expecting Riddle vs Cole to be a banger and Shayna vs LaRae could be a Show stealer. I wouldn't mind seeing a Title change with that similar to how Shayna lost to Kairi underestimating her and get rolled up or pinned suddenly.

WAKE UP

Status

You would think Cole-Riddle going on first makes a title change more likely to get at AEW.

all the champs are stale at this point so I’d welcome a clean sweep of changes, though I’m still in the camp who thinks Dakota Kai should be the one to dethrone Shayna

Relentless Admin

Status

Shayna wins lol is the new cena wins lol.

balor vs Cole is a program ready made for Steve

#HEEL

Status

Love love love that on the night AEW debuts, there was one (1) comment in NXT LD.

I hope the ratings show similar results (though I feel bad that's its nxt cause I enjoy it better than raw or SD).

Hail To The King

Status

Riddle vs. Cole having MOTY right now waiting for MC to tell me I am wrong lol. Riddle is fantastic like god damn love ending
    Last edited by OMB; 10-02-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

And I wasn’t even watching, just following on twitter.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Riddle vs. Cole having MOTY right now waiting for MC to tell me I am wrong lol. Riddle is fantastic like god damn love ending
    If there is one thing that I'll never do when it comes to liking a match, it's telling someone that they are wrong (I might say it in an ironic way though, so if I have, I didn't mean it ). Not that I'll watch it anyway.

The rest looks pretty good though. Will try and watch this tomorrow.

Status

To be fair, NXT has never had live conversations. At least not since I came back early last year. Always been more of a "stream at your convenience and post your thoughts afterwards" type deal.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    To be fair, NXT has never had live conversations. At least not since I came back early last year. Always been more of a "stream at your convenience and post your thoughts afterwards" type deal.
    Might change in the future, but always felt being the long awaited debut show, AEW was gonna be the in demand show to watch live this week.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Might change in the future, but always felt being the long awaited debut show, AEW was gonna be the in demand show to watch live this week.
    It will be interesting to see which thread, if either, gets more action on Wednesdays.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I liked both shows but overall I felt like NXT was the better show that had better matches. Riddle/Cole was great, Io/Mia was fun, Gargano/Thorn was fun, Shayna/Candice was good sans the outcome (hopefully Dakota Kai is the one to dethrone her), and the main event was good stuff.

I like Balor back in NXT and Ciampa back makes me happy, Ciampa coming to get his Goldie back.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

The thing about NXT is, they put out a TakeOver like card to compete. A world title match, a women's title match, a tag team title match. It's not sustainable to throw big matches out there like this every week. They brought in Balor for a huge surprise factor, which honestly, is really cool, nothing wrong with that. Their booking aspect of their card I did find problematic though. It's not realistic to keep this week in and week out.

AEW however, didn't feel like they had to throw out a PPV-like card, which is the right move in my opinion. They put on a fun show, tried to get their talent exposed and over, and felt like they put on a fresh product. Even if NXT by a margin put on the better show this week, it's because they made tonight feel like a TakeOver, while AEW just did their best to put on a standard tv-style wrestling show with their own style.

WAKE UP

Status

Bro-Cole was a bit of a dud match, need to check out Shayna vs Candice still though.

Zero interest in Balor on NXT or Cole vs Ciampa.

The Undisputed Era are really stale and if they are serious about "going to war" with AEW then having a bunch of 5"8 cruiser-weight geeks cosplaying as the Four Horsemen isn't going to grab many viewers I doubt.

Looking forward to WALTER vs Kushida.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If I had to compare NXT vs AEW Dynamite in terms of quality of Wrestling NXT clearly had the better product. I never thought any Match from last Night was something I needed to skip. Cole vs Riddle was a banger some people might not like the moment with Riddle and Cole unleashing Signature Moves towards the other and kicking out of them. I'm not a stickier with that when you're dealing with high pain thresholds and adrenaline in the moment I enjoyed that moment during Match and before then the Match was good and it got even better from that moment on. It makes me happy to see that Riddle vs Cole killed it to start off the Show and their are plenty of room for even more greatness between the two bravo fellas.

First time ever if memory serves me right first time one on one Match between Shirai and Yim. Shirai keeps her momentum going with the win and Yim after that flat Takeover Match she had with Shayna came out looking strong as well. Gargano/Thorne was really disappointed in not from a Gargano perspective, but from Thorne. For a guy who pounding at his Chest telling people he is great, he came up pretty small I thought vs a NXT Legend. He did put up a solid fight, but I just hoping and wanting to see more from him.

Baszler vs LaRae. The Bully vs Babyface with a chip on her Shoulder. Crowd hot for a Title Change and both ladies played their roles well another great bout involving the ladies on the same Show. People are saying Dakota Kai might be the one who stops Shayna, but those same people like me thought Candice would be chosen one and she still might do it, just not right now. Kai I feel is too bland a Character right now she needs some time to find her niche before we start putting the NXT Women's Title on her. I don't know Dunne vs Birch I started to fall asleep because my sleep schedule is fucked these days, but with what I saw both guys loved to hit the other with pleasure and it was something a little different compared to the other Matches during the Show.

The Undisputed Era vs The Street Profits. Man had The Street Profits have come into their own these past few Months as a Team. They no longer feel like the rooks rather the veterans out there, and they just got beat by the better team and smarter one at that. The Street Profits will day not be victims of surprise appearances rather they'll be able to get the upper hand with it. Still a damn good Main Event where it could of gone either way. Just like Balor showing up made my Mouth drop, Ciampa showing up made my Mouth fly to the Moon as its a possibility Cole might be defending his NXT World Title vs two different eras of NXT.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    The Undisputed Era are really stale and if they are serious about "going to war" with AEW then having a bunch of 5"8 cruiser-weight geeks cosplaying as the Four Horsemen isn't going to grab many viewers I doubt.
    To be fair, do you really think casual viewers share this viewpoint?

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

And did you realize EXACTLY how small wveryone in the main event looked compared to Dustin and Swagger?

Thread Information