Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 30, 2019

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 30, 2019

I don't understand, they portray Rollins as their FOTC, he has some of the biggest names in the business putting him over... but they book him so weird... Becky called him her bitch on live tv, he had the worst promo of the year pre-Summer Slam, and he screamed like a little bitch in the segment with The Fiend. I JUST DON'T GET IT TBH.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well I'm projecting his career path a bit. I mean, if he's not gonna be "the guy", he'll surely be one of those guys that stays close to the top, headlines his share of PPVs and has big storylines. Maybe never reach Triple H levels because that's a guy that obviously has one of the most storied careers, regardless of the fact many people think he was forced, but Trips really probably only had a couple of years where he was truly the man and not being overshadowed by the more legit over stars. I guess a better comparison might be Orton? Then again, I don't think you're going to agree with me comparing him to anyone relatively successful.
    I'm not disputing his success, comparing him to a HHH, Edge, Cena success wise isn't my issue. I can't deny his success, despite the fact his talents are incredibly limited and one dimensional he is somehow successful..being chosen for success.

My issue is putting a one dimensional spot monkey with zero other Pro Wrestling abilities like Rollins in the same category as those guys, guys who are well rounded. Edge in particular was a phenomenal promo and character, HHH can be at times, Orton can be at times as well when he's motivated and/or coked out.

Rollins can't, in 7 years he's never shown any ability to cut a promo or display any kind of personality or emotions. He's just a spot monkey, and not even a charismatic spot monkey.

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm starting to think you're not a big fan of the guy, ETE.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 KOWC

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

The real question is, does he hate Rollins as much as he loves Miz?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Well, he is a one-dimensional spot monkey who does spots and movez. Did I forget about "workrate?"

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Whys not liking Rollins such a massive issue?

If someone doesn't like any other Wrestler thats fine, but dislike Rollins and there has to be endless snide comments about it.

Why's Rollins someone you have to like or be mocked for not liking?

For all your shit talking, I dont bitch half as much when you're shitting on Miz.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    It's not, at least where I'm concerned. He's legitimately my least favourite worker on the entire roster, from NXT all the way to the top.

I was genuinely interested in knowing if he was on the polar opposite side of the spectrum to Miz where you're concerned, or if there's someone else you dislike even more?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post

If someone doesn't like any other Wrestler thats fine, but dislike Rollins and there has to be endless snide comments about it.

Why's Rollins someone you have to like or be mocked for not liking?

For all your shit talking, I dont bitch half as much when you're shitting on Miz.
    Maybe it's because you bring up Rollins nearly as much as you do The Miz?

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

In fairness to Rollins, he's at least twice the wrestler of Adam Cole who I think the recent descriptions of Rollins' work match a lot closer.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It's not, at least where I'm concerned. He's legitimately my least favourite worker on the entire roster, from NXT all the way to the top.

I was genuinely interested in knowing if he was on the polar opposite side of the spectrum to Miz where you're concerned, or if there's someone else you dislike even more?
    Really? Lashley? Rowan?

Status

I don't think its mentioning it, ETE, but the frequency thereof. Most of us just ignore those wrestlers that annoy the ever living shit out of it. Point it out repeatedly and starts to look.... weird....

Since this has become "Rate Rollins Raw LD", I guess I would have to see he's my absolute favorite... nothing. I am completely and totally and massively indifferent toward him. He's not an "absolute fast forward" for me but I rarely remember anything significant. His matches are never bad but very few stand out as memorable. Same with him on the microphone. I don't find him offensively bad as a promo, but also pretty forgettable in most of him mic work. He is like if you took someone's idea of a great wrestler and ran that idea through the corporate marketing system, he is what you would see spit out.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I don't think its mentioning it, ETE, but the frequency thereof. Most of us just ignore those wrestlers that annoy the ever living shit out of it. Point it out repeatedly and starts to look.... weird....

Since this has become "Rate Rollins Raw LD", I guess I would have to see he's my absolute favorite... nothing. I am completely and totally and massively indifferent toward him. He's not an "absolute fast forward" for me but I rarely remember anything significant. His matches are never bad but very few stand out as memorable. Same with him on the microphone. I don't find him offensively bad as a promo, but also pretty forgettable in most of him mic work. He is like if you took someone's idea of a great wrestler and ran that idea through the corporate marketing system, he is what you would see spit out.
    This is something I can definitely agree with. Pretty much his entire WWE run, I've gotten the impression that the way he cuts promos and the way he carries himself is all to appeal to management. Which is understandable. He probably has his instructions and plays it as safe as possible, to make sure he pleases the higher ups. Look no further than the sheer number of times he alludes to burning something down on a weekly basis. But it's no way to endear yourself to the audience. You have to inject some of yourself into what you do and take some risks. It's just very rare that he says something that comes across as him speaking to us, as opposed to WWE speaking to us. I'd say Roman Reigns had the same issue for a long time, and still sometimes comes across as way too manufactured, but he's gotten a lot better at putting his own personality into things.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 KOWC

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I think Papa hit it right on the nose for me, but I also think Seth has become a bit of a caricature of himself. Buying in to his own hype.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Just popping in to say Rollins is also my least favourite wrestler on the roster. But I can completely see why he's in the position he's in and I think he tries his best with some crippling booking

Status

This is something I can definitely agree with. Pretty much his entire WWE run, I've gotten the impression that the way he cuts promos and the way he carries himself is all to appeal to management. Which is understandable. He probably has his instructions and plays it as safe as possible, to make sure he pleases the higher ups. Look no further than the sheer number of times he alludes to burning something down on a weekly basis. But it's no way to endear yourself to the audience. You have to inject some of yourself into what you do and take some risks. It's just very rare that he says something that comes across as him speaking to us, as opposed to WWE speaking to us. I'd say Roman Reigns had the same issue for a long time, and still sometimes comes across as way too manufactured, but he's gotten a lot better at putting his own personality into things.
    What he reminds me of is the modern, image-conscious professional athlete. The one who has taken a whole bunch of media training and makes every decision with that branding and image in mind. You get these polished post-game/match interviews where they say a bunch of stuff without really saying anything at all, because its all hollow stock phrases that they taught to use rather than anything of substance. You never get any feeling of authenticity or that you've seen "the real person" behind their branded mask.

Basically, he is the WWE's Alex Rodriguez.

Completely agree with the comparison to Roman. There were times when he seemed to have a similar level of corporate veneer, but it definitely feels like the real guy comes through. The real passion. The strange thing is that we've seen this relationship between Rollins and Becky play out in public and he STILL doesn't feel authentic and human.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information