Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - September 25, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - September 25, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    September 25, 2019

Street Fight rematch to determine challenger for Adam Cole's NXT Championship

After no winner was declared in last Wednesday’s wild Street Fight, Matt Riddle and Killian Dain are set to collide in a rematch tonight on USA Network. This time, an opportunity against NXT Champion Adam Colehangs in the balance.

NXT General Manager William Regal added the heightened stakes as incentive for Riddle and Dain to finish their war once and for all. Last Wednesday’s brawl engulfed much of the NXT locker room, resulting in mayhem that had no chance of being contained.

With an NXT Championship opportunity on the line in the rematch, there’s no telling how far Riddle and Dain will go to be declared not only the victor, but also the new No. 1 contender.

Dakota Kai returns to action

The captain of Team Kick is back!

Dakota Kai will make her return to the NXT ring tonight after spending all of 2019 on the shelf due to a torn ACL. How will the hard-hitting Kiwi fare in her first match back?

Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic to renew their thrilling rivalry

The rivalry between Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic has redefined what big men can do inside the squared circle. Both Superstars pushed themselves to the limit while showing off their speed, power and agility in high-flying, hard-hitting battles that had the NXT Universe picking up their jaws off the floor. Tonight, the two beasts will lock horns again.

Dijakovic was victorious in the rivals’ last encounter in August – but can Lee even the score when this epic rivalry is renewed?

WALTER and Imperium call out Kushida for a six-man tag match

After Kushida and Imperium exchanged hostilities on NXT’s live premiere, WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER has challenged Kushida to find two partners for a Six-Man Tag Team Match against Imperium this week on NXT.

The Ring General threw down the gauntlet over the weekend, days after Kushida interrupted Imperium’s intrusion, in which they took out Kushida’s scheduled opponent, Denzel Dejournette. Will Kushida have any luck finding teammates who are willing to step up to NXT UK’s menacing faction?

Tune in to NXT when it airs live Wednesday at 8/7 C on USA Network. The action then continues at 9/8 C, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - September 25, 2019

I still can't get over the Dominik Dijakovic name change.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I would like to bless whatever Gods Lee and Dominik Dijakovic pray to for their skills because even though it's their third Match once again I'm fucking entertained.

Relentless Admin

Status

Good match between Riddle/Dain. It's been a fun hour, I just wish they'd include some promos on this show because all it is is wrestling matches and they're assuming everyone knows who these people who they have beef with. I think the big slip up so far in this USA debut is a lack of storytelling for the newcomer, 2 weeks in I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to have stood out so far.

I'm sitting here thinking wow they're overloading next week's episode with three title matches, wonder why that is, then it hit me what they are countering

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I noticed only like 47 minutes is on the WWE Network at the moment- I assume that's the last 47 and the full show will be on later this evening or Friday?

I watched the first live episode a couple of days later so unsure how they do the format.

Looks like another good show! Excited to give it a watch.

"LET ME IN.."

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I noticed only like 47 minutes is on the WWE Network at the moment- I assume that's the last 47 and the full show will be on later this evening or Friday?

I watched the first live episode a couple of days later so unsure how they do the format.

Looks like another good show! Excited to give it a watch.
    I believe last week the hour on the USA Network didn't go up until a couple of days later. I presume that is what will happen this week and then going forward for the full two hours.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I believe last week the hour on the USA Network didn't go up until a couple of days later. I presume that is what will happen this week and then going forward for the full two hours.
    Cheers mate!

I'll give it a watch over the weekend and hopefully the full show will be up then

"LET ME IN.."

Status

Still getting the 1 hour version on the broadcast channel of the Network.

I must commend NXT for going full male stripper with Breez-ango. I mean, they always had that vibe but I don't remember them embracing it quite so fully. If they need to fill time on the longer episodes, they can just have them grind on audience members for 15 or 20 minutes.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Talk about a tale of two halfs to where one Hour felt like one of the best NXT Shows this Year, and the other half felt like a Show that just started and didn't know what they were doing. You could of skipped the Second Hour and felt like you got one hell of a NXT Show this Week which we got again, but damn it was hard to sit through after Riddle vs Dain. Lee vs Dijakovic was one hell of a way to start off the Show and it seems everytime these two are together they bring something new to the Table. Could we be getting a third bout between the two sign me up if we do!

Kai getting the win vs Conti good for her in her return from injury. It sucks for Conti who has been looking improved to then being fish food for Kai is a bummer I feel. I look forward to the plans WWE has for Kai as she hopes to not get lost in the shuffle in the division there.

Dain vs Riddle. We knew Dain would take the L vs Riddle, but both guys fought hard wanting to become the top Contender for the NXT Title. I'm not so sure I want Dain taking anymore Submission losses either, but it's okay with Riddle and seeing as though nothing else was working only a sneaky Submission would be able to win this one out.

Ripley sparring contest Carter was fun even though I have no clue what WWE plans for Rhea are either is she a face or heel or inbetween? Ever-Rise looked impressive once again on TV now vs Burch/Lorcan, Grimes continue to bore me as I was more impressed with Mendoza and Breezango being KUSHIDA's partners? I mean I like Breezango, but kinda disappointed in the Match and their partners for KUSHIDA.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Didn't care for Keith Lee vs Dijak. I found it dead boring. No different from their match the other week and I didn't much care for that either. Just get these two away from each other, they bring out the worst.

Glad Kai's back. The match was whatever though. Kai vs Baszler III please!

Loved Riddle vs Dain. Can Riddle please win the title. Cole is awful and so is his title reign. Riddle FTW~!

Grimes vs Mendoza was a fun little match.

The main event was fun. The Fashion Police was initially a disappointment but the match changed my feeling pretty quickly.

A solid show, a good lead in to next week as far as setting up title matches but the lack of promos and explanation for who these people are and why they are feuding is baffling in front of a new audience like this.

Hail To The King

Status

I dont know how you felt lee vs. Dijack was boring I loved it both are incredible in the ring. Dijack doing a moonsault was crazy I hope to see these two fight again. If Imperuim didnt have WALTER I would love this stable as I am a fan of the other three

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Last Real Man Hype

Status

First time seeing a Lee/Dzyjaekovicinovicz match and I really enjoyed it. Eyerolling at going for a second rope Canadian Destroyer in a TV match and not even being the goddamn finish, but apart from that I dug it. How in a company that thinks Mustafa Ali is too long a name did Dijak end up with this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    First time seeing a Lee/Dzyjaekovicinovicz match and I really enjoyed it. Eyerolling at going for a second rope Canadian Destroyer in a TV match and not even being the goddamn finish, but apart from that I dug it. How in a company that thinks Mustafa Ali is too long a name did Dijak end up with this change?
    Dijack sounds better too

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I dont know how you felt lee vs. Dijack was boring I loved it both are incredible in the ring. Dijack doing a moonsault was crazy I hope to see these two fight again. If Imperuim didnt have WALTER I would love this stable as I am a fan of the other three
    How? The big men that can do aerial wrestling grew tiresome for me ages ago, these guys especially, and that's pretty much what it was. It didn't appeal to me at all. I prefer when guys of Keith Lee's size wrestle as such. That's all.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I could watch Lee and Dijak wrestle each other all day and never get get bored by it, I thought it ruled personally but to each their own.

Riddle vs Dain was a lot of fun too.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Mobile big men are fine. However, between Lee, Dijak, Dain and whatever Jonah Rock is going by, that's 4 of them at once so I can see why anyone would tire of the schtick, especially if you've seen their indy stuff before too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Dijak/Lee being boring but the main event being a solid match is a take I simply can not get behind. You could critique Dijak/Lee a lot of ways but boring should be the last thing you call it. And that main event had maybe 3 good minutes of enjoyable action but was otherwise completely forgettable and mediocre. Strange.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Dijak/Lee being boring but the main event being a solid match is a take I simply can not get behind. You could critique Dijak/Lee a lot of ways but boring should be the last thing you call it. And that main event had maybe 3 good minutes of enjoyable action but was otherwise completely forgettable and mediocre. Strange.
    Why not exactly? It wasn't interesting to me. That's the very definition of being boring.

The main event wasn't great but it kept me interested and I didn't feel like my time was being wasted. And I got to see KUSHIDA dance. I was entertained.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Mobile big men are fine. However, between Lee, Dijak, Dain and whatever Jonah Rock is going by, that's 4 of them at once so I can see why anyone would tire of the schtick, especially if you've seen their indy stuff before too.
    I'd say Lee and Dijak are a different animal to Dain and Rock. Lee and Dijak's thing is that they are big and do flips and dives and top rope moves and can work a spotfest match, Dain and Rock wrestle a more traditional heavyweight style but have the odd impressive move in their locker to pull out.

I liked the match, but would agree with MC that it's better to move onto something different now with these guys.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Why not exactly? It wasn't interesting to me. That's the very definition of being boring.

The main event wasn't great but it kept me interested and I didn't feel like my time was being wasted. And I got to see KUSHIDA dance. I was entertained.
    I feel like there has to be a middle ground when a match is clearly fast paced, full of action and impressive feats of athleticism, even if it isn't your cup of tea, I just don't think you can call it boring. I basically just think there's a better way to say it, than to say it was boring. But I guess it's kind of arbitrary. I don't love these kinds of match and if it were more like 20 or 30 minutes long I definitely would have lost interest as well, but for the action and the pacing, I was into it the whole way through, even if some of the stuff was stupid (looking at you, Canadian Destroyer).

Thread Information