Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 261 to 268 of 268

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

  1. #261
    FKA RaiZ-R
    JT Grizzle's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22,102
    Rep Power
    188618

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I just saw this and couldn't ignore it. You do know the show is TV-14 right? It's not catered to little kiddies, and if anyone the age of 14 or over is stupid enough to replicate that spot, then that's on them, not AEW. Not everything on television needs to be kid friendly because the people who watch television are not made up of primarily kids. You also need to realise that little kids aren't their target audience either.
    I don't need them to program for children, I need them to not do dumb spots. I get that it's TV-14 in America but America isn't the whole world (no matter how much it might think it is) and they are well aware what time their show airs in the UK so - until they have a better timeslot - they should avoid spots that might be imitated by youngsters that don't know better, especially when that spot is in no way necessary. They could've just had Mox and Kenny brawl to the back and left it at that; the coffee table wasn't needed, benefited no one and only had a downside. Nothing about it was worth while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Was it edited out of the Sunday morning version? I know it was definitely shown on the ITV hub one, can't imagine it making air that early in the day though.
    Dude, I avoid getting up that early on week days when I can, so that time in the morning on a weekend can go fuck itself.

  2. #262
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,585
    Rep Power
    605680

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Nah, can't agree the spot was unnecessary. This was absolutely the show to take every opportunity to get a buzz going. It's a choice between your standard brawl to the back that doesn't advance the story, or, a nutty spot that is:

    - gonna get a big pop
    - be more violent than what you'd typically see on WWE TV
    - have clips and gifs shared around social media
    - while also helping the story by having Moxley the clear winner of this fight thus ruining Omega's big night on the Dynamite premiere, and now we're wondering how Omega will get his revenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  3. #263
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I don't need them to program for children, I need them to not do dumb spots. I get that it's TV-14 in America but America isn't the whole world (no matter how much it might think it is) and they are well aware what time their show airs in the UK so - until they have a better timeslot - they should avoid spots that might be imitated by youngsters that don't know better, especially when that spot is in no way necessary. They could've just had Mox and Kenny brawl to the back and left it at that; the coffee table wasn't needed, benefited no one and only had a downside. Nothing about it was worth while.



    Dude, I avoid getting up that early on week days when I can, so that time in the morning on a weekend can go fuck itself.
    This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen someone complain and cry about lmao

  4. #264
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,791
    Rep Power
    1573764
      Country                    United States

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    I get where Raiz is coming from but at the same time, I think the table spot was plenty necessary. It got a lot of views and interactions. It showed the world that this isn't the same "whacky guy" Dean Ambrose you know from WWE. Here, he's really liable to do anything. There are other ways to achieve that, but I don't think any of them would be suitable for children.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

    Spoiler:




  5. #265
    Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,954
    Rep Power
    2940576
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Working for the NHS, I have to say we've been inundated with glass coffee table DDT injuries this week from kids trying to copy their favourite wrestlers

    The spot wasn't 'necessary', but after 25 years of people going through normal tables every week, the glass table spot was cooler and is still a talking point almost 2 weeks later.

  6. #266
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    1154930
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    One thing I'll say about the whole angle is that given it was glass, I maybe would've liked Omega to sell it more the next week but that's as about as far as the criticism goes for me. There are many different and more violent things in wrestling than that spot. And there are ones that are more likely to happen. Like wrestling in the first place. The act itself could be considered the same. When I was in primary school, one of my friends got sent to the hospital due to an RKO. That's more likely to happen than a slam through a glass table.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

  7. #267
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,585
    Rep Power
    605680

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    One thing I'll say about the whole angle is that given it was glass, I maybe would've liked Omega to sell it more the next week but that's as about as far as the criticism goes for me. There are many different and more violent things in wrestling than that spot. And there are ones that are more likely to happen. Like wrestling in the first place. The act itself could be considered the same. When I was in primary school, one of my friends got sent to the hospital due to an RKO. That's more likely to happen than a slam through a glass table.
    That's what your friend gets for not hearing the other kid take a front bump and pound the floor repeatedly to set it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  8. #268
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Lesnar Farm
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    1154930
      Country                    England

    Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 02/10/2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    That's what your friend gets for not hearing the other kid take a front bump and pound the floor repeatedly to set it up.
    He should've taken the punt instead.
    We Don't Confrom, Kiss Ass Or Get Married
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •