Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

  1. #41
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,399
    Rep Power
    1272576
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Solid match, I think I liked their match from last week a bit more but this was still solid imo


    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  2. #42
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Good match, no doubt. You can't deny that Corbin has transcended into truly great heel territory now. That crowd was just begging to see him tap out.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  3. #43
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    7,904
    Rep Power
    1309254
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Good match, no doubt. You can't deny that Corbin has transcended into truly great heel territory now. That crowd was just begging to see him tap out.
    You think its enough to finally give him the title

    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges




  4. #44
    Character Jobber
    BattleKat's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    35905
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Every time I see Ricochet raise his arm during his entrance, it reminds me of Mr. Kennedy reaching for his microphone.


    THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE


  5. #45
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    You think its enough to finally give him the title


    I don't know. I would let him milk the king angle for a while and see where he stands a few months from now. I can't say I'd personally want him to hold the Universal or WWE Title over the likes of Rollins, Kingston, The Fiend, Lesnar or Owens right now, but that's just me. He's definitely been on a great run, though.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  6. #46
    Character Jobber
    BattleKat's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    35905
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    I did not expect Roode and Mysterio to be the last two.


    THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE


  7. #47
    Character Jobber
    BattleKat's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    35905
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Did Seth just call Charly Caruso "Chuck"?


    THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE


  8. #48
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    Did Seth just call Charly Caruso "Chuck"?
    Yeah, she's been called that quite often, really.

    Loved that five way. I have no issue whatsoever with more of a push for Roode. He has all the tools you want in a WWE superstar, other than being a bit shorter than their archetype. Heyman seems to like him and I'm hoping he's allowed to give him something enjoyable and sustainable.

    Also looking forward to Rey Rey vs. Rollins next week.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  9. #49
    Fearless University
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    7,151
    Rep Power
    430343
      Country                    New Zealand

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Was it really necessary to fly Miz out for that pointless 10 second segment the day after his wife gave birth. He wasnt on TV at all last week but this week they just had to get that segment on there instead of letting him stay with his family. I half expected them to just give him this PPV cycle off, he isn't doing anything, hasn't done anything since Shane buried him. Why not justlet him be with his girls and bring him back too TV after HIAC with an actual story for the guy.




  10. #50
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    448827
      Country                    Canada
    So uh... can we talk about Seth screaming like a little bitch?? What was up with that lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    When they're doing segments like they just did with Sasha and Bayley, I don't understand why they have them just standing there side by side having a conversation, staring off in the distance. It's awkward as fuck. If they would just turn and say what they're saying into the camera it would be quite a bit less ridiculous looking.

    Also, Corbin's new get-up and entrance looks fire. Probably the best execution of a King of the Ring gimmick... maybe ever.
    051206booker5zm2.jpg
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 09-24-2019 at 10:33 AM.

  11. #51
    Crotchety Old SMOD
    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    2541202
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Was it really necessary to fly Miz out for that pointless 10 second segment the day after his wife gave birth. He wasnt on TV at all last week but this week they just had to get that segment on there instead of letting him stay with his family. I half expected them to just give him this PPV cycle off, he isn't doing anything, hasn't done anything since Shane buried him. Why not justlet him be with his girls and bring him back too TV after HIAC with an actual story for the guy.
    I'd say there's a strong possibility that they did it just to piss you off.


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  12. #52
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,961
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    I know some folks are big into The Fiend so I have tried not to be negative, but anyone else lose it laughing at Seth Rollins screaming in fear during the segment last night? I mean, its a guy you've wrestled 100 times in the past 8 years, but he puts on a mask and they flicker the lights and you are FUCKING SCREAMING IN FEAR?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  13. #53
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    I gotta agree that closing segment last night was quite hokey. On top of what Papa said about Seth already being well acquainted with Bray, what does he really have to fear? So far, we know that the mandible claw is The Fiend's most vicious attack. Well, Seth already got taken out with the mandible claw at Clash and showed up to Raw the next night showing no signs of injury. So worst case scenario you get knocked out by another mandible claw and you're good to go by the next day. Doesn't seem worthy of screaming in fear to me. And beyond that, Rollins was just hanging out in the corner while The Fiend attacked Braun, rather than, I don't know, intervening or getting out of dodge at the very least. It also bothered me that the strobe lights in the corner were visible on camera. It's a minor thing of course, but I feel like it takes away from the effectiveness of The Fiend when you see these lights set up in the ring that the staff have obviously put there, when The Fiend's appearance is meant to be spontaneous and somehow paranormal. I feel like the biggest reason that segment fell flat for me is because we still haven't really been given enough of a reason to truly fear The Fiend, aside from the fact that he looks scary and acts creepy. I'm gonna need him to actually, like, attempt a murder or something if you want me to believe Seth is that afraid of him.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  14. #54
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,961
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I gotta agree that closing segment last night was quite hokey. On top of what Papa said about Seth already being well acquainted with Bray, what does he really have to fear? So far, we know that the mandible claw is The Fiend's most vicious attack. Well, Seth already got taken out with the mandible claw at Clash and showed up to Raw the next night showing no signs of injury. So worst case scenario you get knocked out by another mandible claw and you're good to go by the next day. Doesn't seem worthy of screaming in fear to me. And beyond that, Rollins was just hanging out in the corner while The Fiend attacked Braun, rather than, I don't know, intervening or getting out of dodge at the very least. It also bothered me that the strobe lights in the corner were visible on camera. It's a minor thing of course, but I feel like it takes away from the effectiveness of The Fiend when you see these lights set up in the ring that the staff have obviously put there, when The Fiend's appearance is meant to be spontaneous and somehow paranormal. I feel like the biggest reason that segment fell flat for me is because we still haven't really been given enough of a reason to truly fear The Fiend, aside from the fact that he looks scary and acts creepy. I'm gonna need him to actually, like, attempt a murder or something if you want me to believe Seth is that afraid of him.
    That's pretty much it. Is your world champion that afraid of the dark? Screaming due to the strobe lights? If he's THAT fearful of The Fiend character, that hasn't really been established enough to me. It would have been hokey but far less hokey if he was just cowering in the corner. That's a bad look for your world champion, but not nearly as bad as Seth screaming in fear.

    I have absolutely enjoyed the Funhouse segments with Bray. I love the new look. But I haven't "gotten into it" the way some have because I had no faith in the WWE making it pay off. And this is just reinforcing that. I'm really trying not to be "too much" or "above" this kind of character, but I just want it to have even a modicum of logic in the story arc. And yeah.... Its hard to look past Bray's history as a really cool looking and sound character who just never delivered because of the writing. I'm not seeing a change in that at this point.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  15. #55
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    22,517
    Rep Power
    2198145

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    I for one embrace Seth Rollins as a complete dork. It suits him perfectly.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk





    30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

    Shock Reviews Archive

    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  16. #56
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I for one embrace Seth Rollins as a complete dork. It suits him perfectly.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk


    I know you hate Seth and I know you're joking, but that segment was no doubt trash. I'd like to know what they said to Seth when he made it to the back.

    Then again, that could have gone exactly as they planned.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  17. #57
    The Mayor of Slamtown
    Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,224
    Rep Power
    1150899

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    So you guys dont want him to sell the character of the terrifying Fiend?

    I remember an interview with Foley, where he talked about the moment that Cactus Jack replaced Mankind in a Street Fight at the Royal Rumble. The promo if you dont remember was a dejected mankind saying that he was not ready to face HHH at the Royal Rumble in a Street Fight. He took off his shirt to reveal a Cactus Jack T Shirt, and pulled off his mask and said:

    "As a matter of fact, I think you know the guy..."

    And HHH FREAKED OUT.

    As Foley said, HHH sold it like he just saw a ghost and if he didnt, the moment would have been over. You HAVE to sell those moments in wrestling. Its imperative.

  18. #58
    King EC

    Mr. Peanutbutter's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Labrador Peninsula
    Posts
    10,679
    Rep Power
    1517353
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    So you guys dont want him to sell the character of the terrifying Fiend?

    I remember an interview with Foley, where he talked about the moment that Cactus Jack replaced Mankind in a Street Fight at the Royal Rumble. The promo if you dont remember was a dejected mankind saying that he was not ready to face HHH at the Royal Rumble in a Street Fight. He took off his shirt to reveal a Cactus Jack T Shirt, and pulled off his mask and said:

    "As a matter of fact, I think you know the guy..."

    And HHH FREAKED OUT.

    As Foley said, HHH sold it like he just saw a ghost and if he didnt, the moment would have been over. You HAVE to sell those moments in wrestling. Its imperative.
    No one said that at all. There's just levels to how you could react in that situation and lying there screaming seemed like a huge overreaction given the circumstances, which I already laid out.

    Triple H didn't start screaming and run out of the ring. He was just shocked and sold some fear of having to face Cactus Jack. But even he still stuck around to fight him until Jack got the better of him.

    I don't see how anyone could believe Rollins is that terrified of someone who attacked him weeks ago and didn't even cause him to miss a single night of action. That's the whole issue.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique



    HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career




  19. #59
    Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    37,836
    Rep Power
    2832119
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    The damage was done with this guy when he was Becky's lapdog for a few months, but man what a hokey situation to put your champion into. Foley and Lawler took their beatings from the fiend without looking like they were terrified.

  20. #60
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,961
    Rep Power
    781851

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 23, 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    So you guys dont want him to sell the character of the terrifying Fiend?

    I remember an interview with Foley, where he talked about the moment that Cactus Jack replaced Mankind in a Street Fight at the Royal Rumble. The promo if you dont remember was a dejected mankind saying that he was not ready to face HHH at the Royal Rumble in a Street Fight. He took off his shirt to reveal a Cactus Jack T Shirt, and pulled off his mask and said:

    "As a matter of fact, I think you know the guy..."

    And HHH FREAKED OUT.

    As Foley said, HHH sold it like he just saw a ghost and if he didnt, the moment would have been over. You HAVE to sell those moments in wrestling. Its imperative.
    If you mean the same segment I think you do, Triple H looks shocked. And when Cactus Jack hits the ring, he attacks him. He looks somewhere between shocked and pissed off afterwards when him and Steph watch Foley attack the fake Mankind. That seems like a pretty far cry from SCREAMING IN FEAR at Cactus Jack.

    Rollins screaming in fear is right up there with Hogan reacting to the there/not there apparition of the Ultimate Warrior in the mirror in WCW. Pretty sure I could hear some fans chanting "bullshit" right near the end of the segment.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •