Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

Internet Favorite

Status

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

So glad i skipped the PPV after that abysmal ending to Smackdown or should i say UFC on Fox i was done. I spent time with family instead and had a better time and I see the results online and im still laughing. Bleh Charlotte champion again can we get that plastic thing out of the title picture for a little bit

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I did predict that the fiend wouldn’t be able to sustain his popularity once he started wrestling, but I didn’t see that coming.
    I almost feel bad for Bray because he's not once been helped by creative.

But at the same time it's Bray and he's awful, so it's hilarious.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Jam Up Guy

Status

Was the ending to the main event/aftermath the biggest crowd rejection since December to Dismember? Maybe Bryan's depush during that Authority angle or Roman winning the Rumble?

I find it pretty spectacular that they're even capable of pissing fans off that much. After all, the people still invested now are those who overlook a LOT of terrible, terrible storytelling, so to turn them off that much is actually quite impressive.

Not that this is news to anyone, but this PPV really highlights to me how dumb their current scheduling model is. With the Saudi and Fox monies, and with no real interest in genuine PPV buys, having shows like this must surely just serve as "original content" to brag about on the Network. So why brand it? Clearly the reason for moving to "Hell in a Cell" instead of just "Unforgiven" or "No Mercy" or whatever was to attract people to buying it because they could guarantee a couple of Cell matches, but they've been stuck booking Cell matches when they don't want to for years now. Would network subs or attendances dip that much if they didn't shoehorn in a couple of HiaC matches? Especially given the stipulation has next to no luster left anyway? I don't get it.

I also find it baffling that they not only still book themselves in to a corner by not wanting either person to lose (don't book the match then!), but they don't realise that's a problem until after they've booked it as Hell in a Cell. And this isn't the first time they've had that problem!

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Was the ending to the main event/aftermath the biggest crowd rejection since December to Dismember? Maybe Bryan's depush during that Authority angle or Roman winning the Rumble?
    These ones, Wrestlemania 34, and Battleground 2013 all come to mind immediately.

WWE are experts at pissing off their fans.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'm glad I was awake for Becky/Sasha and the Tornado Tag and fell asleep for the rest of it. What a horrific ending and what the absolute fuck was that red lightning shit for the whole match? Who signed off on that? If they never wanted Wyatt to win the belt this should never have been booked in the first place.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Wow!

I knew this was going to go badly... but fuck me! That's a whole new level of terrible. Honestly, I couldn't see a single way of booking this that didn't fuck someone and disappoint a lot of people but they managed to find the only way of booking it that fucked everyone and disappointed everyone. That's fucking impressive.

That was fucking awful.

The worst part of it (if you forget about the fact that they may have just killed their most over star and their current champion in one foul swoop) is that the rest of the pay-per-view was solid at worst and really good in points.

Such a shame.

Imagine, seeing SmackDown on FOX and deciding that you'd give this show a chance and then getting that bullshit for your money.

Just wow.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...for_people_in/

Speaking of not seeing - I don't think anyone in the audience could see, either.
    I did wonder this. I saw the clip of the ending earlier and thought that lighting must be terrible for those in attendance, the HIAC matches are already hard enough to see as it is.

Anyway what a fuck up by this company yet again. Not that I’m surprised, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and that they would give us a definitive winner but I did suspect they would pull some bullshit like this yet again.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

What do you even say at this point? The McMahons have lost their damn minds. They're so all in on having Super Rollins on top that everyone else is just cannon fodder. Thats their idea of protecting someone in a loss as well, thats their idea of keeping someone strong when they dont want to put the World Title on them but book themselves into a corner where the guy has to lose, because they dont want the spot monkey too lose.

Goes back to me wanting to have seen The Fiend work a program or two before going after the World Title. He's still just Bray Wyatt, and we've seen him get fucked over and jobbed out so much in the past that this one loss no matter how its done kills The Fiend character. Its just same old Bray Wyatt, talking such a big game, then losing all the big matches. At least if Bray had of won a few feuds, this loss, this reminder that WWE dont really see him as a World Title guy wouldn't be so damaging. As it is all he's done is attack some old guys, make Rollins pee his pants, and then lose.

This was relatively the perfect time to put the Title on The Fiend as well, once they pulled the trigger on the feud there were two options. Make The Fiend World Champ, or kill the character before it ever really got anywhere. They chose to kill the character that got organically over, as always.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

To me the Hell in a Cell ending was absolute bull shit...no it really was. I mean seriously? Hell in a Cell is supposed to be No DQ so how the hell does Seth Rollins get DQed and keeps his title? I say complete fucking bullshit on this...THE FANS SHOULD HAVE CHANTED BULL SHIT AT THIS ENDING!!! HELL, THE FANS SHOULD HAVE CHANTED AEW!!! All these BS finishes are exactly why WWE fans are not only tuning out and are going to be watching AEW from now on but it is these types of finishes that are gonna cause the fans to turn on Seth Rollins hell they are already turning on Rollins and not to mention the fact that The Fiend should have gone over in this match and won the title but no they want Rollins as their champion...that just more or less kills Wyatt's momentum in terms of this finish

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Becky vs Sasha, Bryan & Reigns vs Harper & Rowan, and Ali vs Orton are all worth checking out imo. Six man tag of The OC vs Viking Raiders & Strowman wasn’t bad either, the post match stuff was fun.

The Goldberg Chronicle after this show was pretty good too for anyone interested.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Sounds like an eventful show . From reading the thread last night, I know that there is some good on this show despite the bad overwhelming it so I'll give that a shot.

Wyatt shouldn't have been in the match if he wasn't winning. And now it's revealed that Brock vs Seth 3 isn't the plan so there was no real reason to do a DQ.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Hell in a Cell made its debut 22 years ago.....and after last night, there should NEVER be another Hell in a Cell match again. They've advertised Hell in a Cell matches over the years as the most dangerous, demonic, barbaric, inhumane, career shortening/ending match in WWE where there literally are no rules.

How can you ever say that again? What is the justification for that ref calling for a DQ? Because he had compassion for The Fiend, who is a supernatural non-human entity (kayfabe)?

That was the weakest, least creative, most damaging to the product ending that they could have possibly booked. If they didn't have the balls to just put the Title on The Fiend, DON'T BOOK THE MATCH TO BEGIN WITH. WWE is NOTORIOUS for booking themselves into corners where there is no viable outcome.

You could have had a massive gimmick ending where the ring opened up and DEMONS or whatever dragged Seth down to Hell. You could have had a special effect where lighting bolts or some sh*t hit the cage and it fell apart or the ring fell apart or masked druids came and took Seth away...

But to actually book an ending where the REFEREE ended the match on a DQ in a HELL IN A CELL MATCH.....I'm shocked, and NOT in a good way. Literally the worst possible outcome besides The Fiend losing clean, which would have killed the character.

Add this to the horrible situation on Smackdown where Kofi Kingston got ed over by WWE thinking the fans want to see 2010 UFC......WWE is horrible right now. Everything but NXT is borderline unwatchable.

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I’ve only seen the Goldberg/riddle exchange so far Jimmy but that was even better than I imagined it to be.

Stylebender

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I thought the show overall was.....fine. Pretty bang average tbh. The opening two matches and most of the main event was AMAZING, worth checking it out in general. But the rest was meh.

Orton-Ali was perfectly acceptable, that RKO counter was fucking awesome.

Kabuki Warriors vs Bliss & Cross was the perfect example of how WWE have managed to make four of my favourite female wrestlers just ANOTHER bunch of women, and Asuka's mist rubbed me the wrong way, just came across as Vince going "HEY YOU'RE JAPANESE PAL!"

Strowman & Viking Raiders vs The OC bored me to tears. Went for a bath during it.

Corbin vs Gable was pretty bang average to be honest, everyone calling Gable "Shorty Gable" can fuck right off. Your patter is bad & you should feel bad.

Charlotte vs Bayley was meh. Didn't really pay all that much attention, other than me doing a U-Turn on Bayley as a heel. If they lean into her acting like a petulant child, you could have some gold there.

Main event ending was bollocks, but everything else about the match was perfect. Bray constantly getting up after every finisher, no-selling most of Seth offence, they booked Wyatt like The Terminator and thats exactly what I wanted. Ending was bullshit.
    Last edited by Chaddes; 10-07-2019 at 10:48 AM.

C H A M P E S A N Y A

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The only matches that probably were good as far as last night were:

Becky/Sasha Hell in a Cell
    Bayley/Charlotte
    Reigns & Bryan/Harper & Rowan

WAKE UP

Status

Status

The furor over the ending is definitely overshadowing the good stuff on this show. Although I will say that the Gable-Corbin thing is ridiculous. Trying to "get Gable over" by focusing on his lack of height, giving him a weak win, and then having him get beatdown afterward is text book "we just can't get this guy over, guess he doesn't have it to be a star" WWEing.

Apparently Vince laughed at the fan reaction. So that's a great sign.

The "refund" chants were likely a result of how impossible to see anything it was from any distance, with the red lighting and the red cage. This show was wonderful at utterly fucking over the fans in attendance.

The volume of discontent on this seems pretty high. And its already being written off by a lot of folks as "typical bitching" by fans. But... this is really poorly timed fan-fuckage by the WWE. I mean, they've been bleeding audience for a couple of years, and the backlash from Blood Money II seems to be a real hit in that regard. They have those huge TV deals in place, which means that ratings really do matter for them again. And they have actual competition now.

I LOVE seeing ex-wrestlers brush off the fans with this kind of stuff. "Just be fans" or "you complain today but you'll tune in tomorrow". No dude, some of us won't. That's why the company has been bleeding fans for several years. More and more people are tuning and not tuning back in. The damage accumulates.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

New Year, Who Dis?

Status

Canceled my Network Sub. Yeah, I'll miss all of the classics, but they need to know that fans won't tolerate this shit. Between Friday and Sunday? I know it's barely a drop in the bucket for them to lose my $10, but they clearly don't care about ratings, so I gotta do what I can do.
    "This reminds me of Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms, and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me!"

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The furor over the ending is definitely overshadowing the good stuff on this show. Although I will say that the Gable-Corbin thing is ridiculous. Trying to "get Gable over" by focusing on his lack of height, giving him a weak win, and then having him get beatdown afterward is text book "we just can't get this guy over, guess he doesn't have it to be a star" WWEing.

Apparently Vince laughed at the fan reaction. So that's a great sign.

The "refund" chants were likely a result of how impossible to see anything it was from any distance, with the red lighting and the red cage. This show was wonderful at utterly fucking over the fans in attendance.

The volume of discontent on this seems pretty high. And its already being written off by a lot of folks as "typical bitching" by fans. But... this is really poorly timed fan-fuckage by the WWE. I mean, they've been bleeding audience for a couple of years, and the backlash from Blood Money II seems to be a real hit in that regard. They have those huge TV deals in place, which means that ratings really do matter for them again. And they have actual competition now.

I LOVE seeing ex-wrestlers brush off the fans with this kind of stuff. "Just be fans" or "you complain today but you'll tune in tomorrow". No dude, some of us won't. That's why the company has been bleeding fans for several years. More and more people are tuning and not tuning back in. The damage accumulates.
    the problem is...most fans will continue to watch. Most fans dont have the balls to stop watching or paying. even after there being alternatives for the past 15 years.

i havent watched a full raw or smackdown in over a decade. i watch the good to great matches through dailymotion.

WWE only reacts to ratings drops and money. stop paying for the network and stop watching their programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Canceled my Network Sub. Yeah, I'll miss all of the classics, but they need to know that fans won't tolerate this shit. Between Friday and Sunday? I know it's barely a drop in the bucket for them to lose my $10, but they clearly don't care about ratings, so I gotta do what I can do.
    see thats how you do it!!!
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I’ve only seen the Goldberg/riddle exchange so far Jimmy but that was even better than I imagined it to be.
    Their exchange being shown and how it went down like how Riddle exactly described makes me think that this is a work by them.

I still thought it was interesting though.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information