Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I LOVE seeing ex-wrestlers brush off the fans with this kind of stuff. "Just be fans" or "you complain today but you'll tune in tomorrow". No dude, some of us won't. That's why the company has been bleeding fans for several years. More and more people are tuning and not tuning back in. The damage accumulates.
    What's interesting is that this finish has actually got wrestlers saying, "What the fuck was that"? X-Pac, Bully Ray, Mark Henry, Tommy Dreamer... I'm sure there are others, they HATED this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Canceled my Network Sub. Yeah, I'll miss all of the classics, but they need to know that fans won't tolerate this shit. Between Friday and Sunday? I know it's barely a drop in the bucket for them to lose my $10, but they clearly don't care about ratings, so I gotta do what I can do.
    Sure, it's only $10 a month, but how many months have you sent that too them and now you won't be doing for however long until they manage to entice you back in with something actually worthwhile. The Network has been coasting on it's classic selection and access to NXT for far too long now and it's good to see people voting with their wallets and walking away from good content to comment on the current direction of the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    You know it’s bad when an adult film company is offering advice
    That's tremendous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The WWE is currently making a bajillion dollars from their deal with Saudi Arabia and a half bajillion dollars with their deal with Fox. People cancelling their WWE Network subscriptions will mean absolutely nothing to the WWE. The only ones being punished for cancelling of subscriptions are those that are going to lose out on the amazing content that's being offered on the Network.
    Except, FOX won't stand for falling ratings and declining live attendances at the SmackDown shows they air. WWE can do whatever they want, to a point, but if they don't actually start making changes then FOX will drop them at the end of the deal and they'll be searching out a new partner and be on the backfoot moving forward from that. Right now, with all the available wrestling, RAW and SmackDown are at an all time low interest level (for me at least, and I know I'm not alone in that) and they need to do something to interest people if they want to stay on FOX for the longhaul.People cancelling their subscriptions might seem silly and counter-productive, but it's the most immediate way to ensure that WWE notice the fans aren't happy, but it can't stop there; cancel the subscription, yes, but also stop watching the shows, discussing them on social media and buying tickets to the live events. It's the ONLY way WWE/Vince will take notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Even IF they felt they couldn't do a finish to this match, why on earth is Rollins the one dishing out the punishment and going over the line? Surely, if you're going to end it this way, The Fiend should be the one that does the heinous shit that forces the referee to call for the bell, no? (Not that that would be any more of an acceptable way out - a non-finish to a Cell match should never be on the table as an option).
    I've seen/heard this suggestion elsewhere and it makes a lot more sense when you think about it. Have The Fiend beating Seth to a pulp and purposefully not going for the pin, not going for the submission, not even really attempting to win; just beating on Seth. It may damage the title some, but that can be rebuilt because it's only The Fiend that doesn't care about it, meanwhile you protect The Fiend by making him the actively overly violent one, you show Seth to be someone who doesn't give up (but he's actually presented as a person and you can see why the ref would call for a stoppage when he's getting pounded under a bunch of debris) and the Cell is less damaged as a gimmick match because you can sort of see the logic behind having to call off the match when this legitimate monster is seemingly more interested in injuring and maiming his opponent, than he is in winning the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    with AEW and a bunch of other viable alternatives to make a living in pro wrestling, guys really need to learn the value of "that's not gonna work for me, brother"
    So true. Obviously, there needs to be a line drawn that wasn't in WCW, but there's no way this was presented to either Seth or Bray and they both thought this was the best way things should go. Apparently, this was Vince's idea and he was discouraged from doing it by certain higher-up's but he made the call that this was what they were doing, so even the guys in the match objecting to it might not have changed anything - I mean, it's totally possible that those "higher-up's" included Seth and Bray.
    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    The women's Cell match was more deserving of the main event spot imo
    I mean, I did say that before the show.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Except, FOX won't stand for falling ratings and declining live attendances at the SmackDown shows they air. WWE can do whatever they want, to a point, but if they don't actually start making changes then FOX will drop them at the end of the deal and they'll be searching out a new partner and be on the backfoot moving forward from that. Right now, with all the available wrestling, RAW and SmackDown are at an all time low interest level (for me at least, and I know I'm not alone in that) and they need to do something to interest people if they want to stay on FOX for the longhaul.People cancelling their subscriptions might seem silly and counter-productive, but it's the most immediate way to ensure that WWE notice the fans aren't happy, but it can't stop there; cancel the subscription, yes, but also stop watching the shows, discussing them on social media and buying tickets to the live events. It's the ONLY way WWE/Vince will take notice.
    FOX is probably going to become the last hope for many fans. We're rather irrelevant in the current WWE business model, they don't make money off fans, they make money off their businesses deals with Networks like Fox, or Mattel, or the Saudi's. It doesn't really matter anymore if the fans are invested in and enjoying the product.

But we can all sort of hope that FOX will force WWE's hand and force them to step up their game. No matter what you think of this latest "Draft" (its a shamozzle) or the likes of Fury and Cain being brought in, it does show that WWE are doing some things differently likely to appease the FOX guys. They've had to make some changes and do something else entering the FOX Era.

Like personally I hope that if we get another Rusev Day, or Bad News Barrett, or whatever, Fiend, Miz, whoever. If someone gets really over on SmackDown and the McMahons do what they do and sabotage that really over Wrestler, that FOX might step in and make them push that really over Wrestler instead of burying them and killing off a potential real, engaging Star while constantly forcing their proven duds like Reigns and Rollins on us.

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    The women's Cell match was more deserving of the main event spot imo
    I agree, but the bizarre finish of Rollins vs Wyatt I'm sure was a big factor in that going on last.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information