Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - September 18, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - September 18, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    September 18, 2019

Undisputed ERA's golden prophecy hinges on Roderick Strong

The Undisputed ERA began 2019 by guaranteeing they’d be “draped in championship gold” within the year. This week, Roderick Strong looks to finally fulfill that prophecy when he challenges the eccentric and electrifying Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Title, live on USA Network.

With Adam Cole holding court as NXT Champion and Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly recently winning the NXT Tag Team Title, Strong remains the only member of The Undisputed ERA without a championship. After long campaigning for a one-on-one title bout with Dream, The Messiah of the Backbreaker went to extreme measures to provoke the champion into accepting, setting Dream’s signature purple couch ablaze on the Sept. 4 edition of NXT.

The tactic worked in getting the champion’s attention, but will Strong regret his decision when he enters the ring against an incensed Velveteen Dream? Or will the vertebrae-smashing Superstar bring The Undisputed ERA’s prophecy to fruition?

No rules, no disqualifications: Killian Dain and Matt Riddle battle it out in Street Fight

After a summer of barbaric sneak attacks and chaotic brawls, Matt Riddle and Killian Dain look to settle the score in a lawless Street Fight this week on NXT.

Since their rivalry began, The Original Bro and The Northern Ireland Nightmare have crashed through the entrance stage, rendered tables to toothpicks and brutalized each other with steel stairs. Dain won their only official one-on-one match by viciously targeting Riddle’s already-injured ribs, but despite the beating, Riddle wanted more of The Beast of Belfast after the bell. Their melee continued outside the arena after NXT went off the air, only ending when Dain crushed Riddle beneath a steel ladder.

With it now abundantly clear that a standard match cannot contain the mayhem, the sports-entertainment world is in for a free-for-all of epic proportions when two of NXT’s all-time toughest Superstars collide in a Street Fight on the second hour of NXT, streaming exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Fatal 4-Way match to determine Shayna Baszler's next challenger

The acclaimed NXT Women’s division will take the spotlight when Mia Yim, Candice LeRae, Io Shirai and Bianca Belair clash in a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine the top contender to Shayna Baszler’s NXT Women’s Title.

The high-stakes match not only carries title implications, but it also brims with personal animosity. Yim and Belair are familiar foes, having gone to war in a best-of-three series earlier this year. The cagey Head Baddie in Charge triumphed by pinning Belair twice, a feat that no other Superstar has accomplished against The EST of NXT.

LeRae and Shirai have been at each other’s throats ever since The Genius of the Sky revealed her true colors and callously betrayed LeRae in June. Their grudge match at TakeOver: Toronto, which Shirai won, did little to cool tempers, as LeRae and Shirai’s recent run-ins have shown.

Which Superstar will navigate the minefield, outwit the competition and stake a claim for a future title match with The Queen of Spades?

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - September 18, 2019

Can't say they haven't stacked the episode.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Pretty much a mini TakeOver this show. I'm excited! :D

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Pretty much a mini TakeOver this show. I'm excited! :D
    Let's hope it's one of the good ones this time.

Roddy vs Dream looks great. As does Dain vs Riddle.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Let's hope it's one of the good ones this time.

Roddy vs Dream looks great. As does Dain vs Riddle.
    Definitely standout matches!

Anyone believe that Roddy could beat Dream and become the NEW North American Champion?

Full sweep for the Undisputed Era could be quite something.

"LET ME IN.."

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Disappointed by the presentation because it feels like they haven't changed a single thing about the show. It's just NXT, two hours longer. These stacked cards aren't sustainable on a week by week basis either, it'll definitely run dry after Week 3.

Glad Roddy won the belt, Dream/Rod was a good match.

Lio Rush/Oney Lorcan match to determine the #1 Contender for the Cruiserweight title is nioceee too. Good to see Lio back. I wonder if we'll get a CW title defence on the next TakeOver.

Hail To The King

Status

Aew commerical on us vince gotta be pissed

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Dain vs Riddle next week announced to be a #1 contender for Cole's championship.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Disappointed by the presentation because it feels like they haven't changed a single thing about the show. It's just NXT, two hours longer.
    That was the whole idea man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hail To The King

Status

Very dumb to have one hour on tv one hour on network.

Make up your mind have it on one or the other

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Very dumb to have one hour on tv one hour on network.

Make up your mind have it on one or the other
    Well, they couldn't have it two hours on USA because it would conflict with Suits over the next two weeks. But doing one hour now establishes it for the future and I'm guessing they didn't want to wait until Suits is finished and try to premiere it head to head with AEW on TNT's debut because AEW's debut is more than likely gonna pull in a lot of the audience, which would make WWE look bad if their first episode of NXT on USA was a bust.

Anyways, just give it a couple of weeks and both hours will be on USA, unless I've totally misinterpreted this whole thing.

I don't have too much to add about the show. Dream and Roddy was amazing. It was very interesting to see so much Imperium involvement. It's very unclear what their purpose is on the brand but I've got a strong hunch we're getting Imperium in War Games which sounds wild as fuck. Funny to see Lio return after I suggested he be assigned to 205 in the Draft. I gotta say though, not a big fan of inexplicably throwing him into that number one contender spot with no backstory or reasoning. It was like a big return for the sake of a big return.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well, they couldn't have it two hours on USA because it would conflict with Suits over the next two weeks. But doing one hour now establishes it for the future and I'm guessing they didn't want to wait until Suits is finished and try to premiere it head to head with AEW on TNT's debut because AEW's debut is more than likely gonna pull in a lot of the audience, which would make WWE look bad if their first episode of NXT on USA was a bust.
    In a matter of weeks, it won't matter, but I feel this initially makes the WWE look petty and bad. Regardless of the WWE's spin on this move, it's being done strictly to counter AEW, but there were some obstacles to overcome first. Initially, the WWE couldn't move NXT to USA Network until AEW announced what day they would hold their weekly show. So right away, it forced the WWE to only have a few months to enact the change. Since they don't want to move NXT the same week or after AEW (Gosh darn it, the fans may already decide to only watch AEW if they do that!), their time was even shorter since the change had to happen before October. Even though WWE worked out a deal with the USA Network and managed to get everything moved before October, this short notice directly conflicts with USA Network's previous obligations to finish off Suits. The end result? NXT debuts on USA Network two weeks ahead of AEW, but are forced to only broadcast half of the program on USA Network and the other half on the WWE Network. All because the WWE refused to wait a few weeks and were unable to start it any sooner than they already did.

All of these headaches for the WWE and confusion for the WWE fans just because WWE is feeling threatened by AEW.

Relentless Admin

Status

They could of just done 1 hour episodes for the next two weeks and scrapped the unannounced matches from this week's episode to lose the confusion of having an hour on the network.

Walter to NXT proper might well be a game changer for my wrestler of the year vote.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In a matter of weeks, it won't matter, but I feel this initially makes the WWE look petty and bad. Regardless of the WWE's spin on this move, it's being done strictly to counter AEW, but there were some obstacles to overcome first. Initially, the WWE couldn't move NXT to USA Network until AEW announced what day they would hold their weekly show. So right away, it forced the WWE to only have a few months to enact the change. Since they don't want to move NXT the same week or after AEW (Gosh darn it, the fans may already decide to only watch AEW if they do that!), their time was even shorter since the change had to happen before October. Even though WWE worked out a deal with the USA Network and managed to get everything moved before October, this short notice directly conflicts with USA Network's previous obligations to finish off Suits. The end result? NXT debuts on USA Network two weeks ahead of AEW, but are forced to only broadcast half of the program on USA Network and the other half on the WWE Network. All because the WWE refused to wait a few weeks and were unable to start it any sooner than they already did.

All of these headaches for the WWE and confusion for the WWE fans just because WWE is feeling threatened by AEW.
    Yeah I mean for the record, I'm completely with you on this. I was just trying to break down the reasoning for the split episodes these first two weeks. It's not like they had the choice to put both hours on USA, and it would be a bad idea to try to premiere it the same exact day and time as AEW on TNT.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    That was the whole idea man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I didn't want them to change the entire product, but I thought maybe we were going to get an edgier logo like the one in the videos leading up to this show, a new stage set up of some sort. I'm pretty sure the main concern was whether or not the TakeOvers would suffer as a result of NXT going live. However, the one thing that hasn't changed is that, NXT seems just as easily skippable until TakeOver. Their "stacked cards" aren't sustainable, especially not in a 2 hour format.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I thiught the show rocked tbh

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I watched everything upto Allyah or whatever her name is. Will watch the rest later. Dream vs Strong was fun, the breaks broke up the flow of the match though and I hated the finish of the match. I think I preferred Ruas vs Dunne, if I'm being honest.

Good to see Lio Rush back though!

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They could of just done 1 hour episodes for the next two weeks and scrapped the unannounced matches from this week's episode to lose the confusion of having an hour on the network.

Walter to NXT proper might well be a game changer for my wrestler of the year vote.

That would be my thoughts on that but overall I did like the Killian Dain vs. Riddle #1 Contender Match coming I think Riddle vs. Cole gonna be sick!

I still wish they went the Rhea vs. Baszler route but, LaRae is alright by me.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I was really hoping they would use the Dream loss to elevate him up to the NXT title, considering it is Cole who primarily interfered.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I was really hoping they would use the Dream loss to elevate him up to the NXT title, considering it is Cole who primarily interfered.
    I don't think he will I think the next future NXT Champion is Roderick Strong barring an injuries

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Thread Information