Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - September 18, 2019

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - September 18, 2019

I decided this morning to rewatch this and man did they do some great things during this Show. Candice getting the big win over three top Contenders in a good opening was great to see. Not gonna lie in saying, I didn't want Io to win, but I can wait for Candice to beat Shayna and them giving us that again Months down the line. I really didn't go hooray for Grimes/Lee showing up because I never thought he was all that special with Impact. Now he has the talent, but I hope they give us more of the douchy Character he showed in the Indies rather than what I've seen so far.

Strong vs Dream was a wonderful Match. Strong was the perfect guy to lead with Dream who he has great chemistry with the Ring. Even with the interference at the end, the Match was great to watch as you saw Dream before our eyes becoming a even better performer. You can't not like Strong winning his first Singles Title with WWE, from living in a Trailer Park to NA Champion that's a great story to see. Dream losing the NXT North American Title opens the Gate for him to face Cole, even though Strong might be a guy he faces too if they go with Strong not liking UE getting involved in his Matches more. I still think Dream wins the NXT World Title leaving Cole and Strong to feud and cause problems within the ranks with the other members.

Dunne vs Ruas. Ruas had a good showing again like he did with Riddle Months ago and I wonder what is the plan for the guy? Riddle and Ruas matched up well I felt and it's a win win for both guys during this Match. Aliyah vs. Xia Li pretty skipable not for Li, but Aliyah who does nothing for me when I see her during NXT Shows.

The moment WALTER, and Imperium showed up talk about a Bolt of Lightning that was put into everyone watching. Let's be honest what else did WALTER have to face in NXT UK? I watch that weekly and I thought welp how much longer will they keep him away from other talent not in NXT UK. I'm glad we are getting him on NXT and KUSHIDA is the perfect guy to be his dancing partner. You look at the size difference and the story is told already. KUSHIDA needs this just as much as WALTER does, and it's going to be exciting how that plays out for both guys.

Rush vs Lorcan. Personally I rather wanted to see a Mult-Man Tag with the 205 Cruiserweights, and even though putting Rush in there felt like really..really, but it worked out. Rush was energized for the Match as you saw during the Match itself and Lorcan played up his role as well. Gulak will do great with Rush and he'll pull no punches with Rush on the Microphone and I expect like I saw during this Show, the people getting behind Rush more and more wanting to see him dethrone Gulak.

Dain vs Riddle. FUCKING CHAOS! I guess we'll have to wait to see Dain vs Riddle truly one on one for another time, but it teases a NXT vs NXT UK Wargames style of Match possibly. I wanted to get me some in there with all the brawling going on for sure. As much you would love to see a true Match for a Main Event, it shows once again watch NXT you never know what you might see next!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I don't think he will I think the next future NXT Champion is Roderick Strong barring an injuries
    That's a pretty bold statement, I can't see that happening at all

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah, it's pretty bold. I don't see that happening. I see Roddy feuding with Cole after he loses the title to Dream after being blamed (just because heels can't accept losses) but actually win it himself? Not sure. Maybe a short transitional run at best.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Aside from the first 20 minutes which felt a little rushed and all over the place to me, I really enjoyed the show!

I'm glad the presentation has remained the same, that's the NXT I love and enjoy, I don't want it looking like a Raw or Smackdown especially.

I felt Roddy would win and I'm glad that he did. Undisputed Era is the best thing in wrestling to me and them holding all the gold is visually awesome!

The format of the split hours didn't make much difference to me because I was watching it on the WWE Network here in the UK a day or so later any way. I think like mentioned it's going to be split until the end of Suits and then I assume the full two hours will be on the USA Network or whatever it's called.

Lio Rush back is great and a good surprise.

I loved WALTER and the rest of IMPERIUM on NXT- that's going to be cool. Could even be a feud with the UE down the line.

Ending the Dain/Riddle match with absolute chaos was pretty fun and unique too.

Got to say as well- the Brazillian dude against Dunne was a sleeper match that I expected very little from and it turned out to be pretty decent.
    Last edited by Deco90; 09-22-2019 at 09:08 AM.

"LET ME IN.."

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Disappointed by the presentation because it feels like they haven't changed a single thing about the show. It's just NXT, two hours longer. These stacked cards aren't sustainable on a week by week basis either, it'll definitely run dry after Week 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I didn't want them to change the entire product, but I thought maybe we were going to get an edgier logo like the one in the videos leading up to this show, a new stage set up of some sort.
    Have you ever watched the show before? It's an entirely different setup. No stage, bigger tron, commentary moved into a different part of the "arena" to make space for more seating on that side, less lights on the crowd to hide the small size of the room and the ring canvas is blank now. They did everything they could do to change the aesthetic, short of changing venues. It doesn't look much different from NXT itself but you don't want it to; you want old fans to be comfortable with the changes while new fans look at it and see it as different to RAW and SmackDown, which it is. "No BS" and "the true alternative" are phrases WWE have floated out themselves to describe the show - they're trying to tell people that they don't need to watch AEW because NXT exists.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Funny to see Lio return after I suggested he be assigned to 205 in the Draft. I gotta say though, not a big fan of inexplicably throwing him into that number one contender spot with no backstory or reasoning. It was like a big return for the sake of a big return.
    I don't disagree but at least he has the talent to back it up. It's not like they brought back Enzo to do this with. That would have been awful.

As for the rest of the show, I really enjoyed it and while I can't see WWE maintaining this level of quality week-to-week, I also don't see AEW matching it. They might pull some great matches out of the bag but we've seen very little from them in the way of angles and story's that make me feel like Dynamite is going keep me (and potentially others) interested in the characters they have for a full two hours.

I enjoyed all the matches on the show, barring Xia/Aliyah, but even that had a great recovery in it when Li nearly killed herself and wasn't phased by it. I loved the chaos of the end but I did have little flashes of hardcore and 24/7 title moments on RAW which ruined it a little bit for me. It felt like a bunch of lower-midcarders fighting over a nothing title, which made me sad because Imperium, Street Profits and Pete Dunne were all there.

Thread Information