Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Sayer presents: An NFL Mafia game.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Sayer presents: An NFL Mafia game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    I was not posting everywhere. I was moving and changing providers. Actually I was the most active when at work lol You don't know what you are talkng about bro.
    I'm not talking to you.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Did I get modkilled? Sorry boys I was on the sauce all weekend so.

I knew OMBs role was bullshit lmao. It was dumb as fuck and could've seriously fucked with town endgame.

GGs.
    Was it dumb tho because if i wanna be quiet in a game im dubbed as scummy or hiding I did it as a point that I dont need to post all the time and be crazy.

Also if i play differently you dont know my style.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

#HEEL

Status

First off, Sayer, thanks for hosting and for the MVP call, it's just a stupid game but it means a lot. And the roles were fun.

Nice job by Wolf, MM and Bro to not be swayed by Fuji on the last day. Congrats on getting the win!

Fuji - seems like almost every time you're mafia, either it comes out early or you get rogue killed super early. That sucks. I applaud your efforts in trying to swing things the last day. Also, I do like burritos, just not in the bum.

Apologies to OMB for my outburst on the second to last day. I felt there was a 99.9% chance I was dying that night, and had to make that play to try to survive. Obviously I would have gotten a rogue kill if I hammered, which I would have used on Fuji (if I lived through the night) and the game would have been over as soon as the day started. I made up the kill proof as a gift in hopes that this late in the game, Fuji might not risk that I wasn't bluffing. Him not taking the chance was probably the only way I was making it through the night. I had and have no problem with you doing what you thought was best for town. My issue was that you re-stated my claim incorrectly and said you wanted discussion. Then before I could correct you or discuss, you rushed the hammer, effectively killing any chance I had at surviving. In my mind, you decided I should die. I have no idea what Fuji would have done - he might have called my bluff and killed me anyway. But I shouldn't have come at you like that, so I apologize, even though I'll go to my grave saying that was a dick move. Hah.

Curious who targeted me N2? I assume it was either Wolf or Bro since they were looking for someone. As you see I really did get the Watcher for being targeted, but the ironic thing was I watched Sully that night - the same night he died. Probably a good thing mafia had already figured it out, because I might have accidentally brought it to light if Sully lived.

I didn't want to waste the fact that I got the watch ability, so I called out the three inexperienced players, hoping that if one was mafia, they might crack. I never really tunneled in on Bro, I really just got frustrated that he was either avoiding my questions or not understanding them, but by the end of it I felt good about him and Wolf being town.

How did Tig figure out Sully was Doc? I didn't see anything that suggested it.

Grim gets a lot of credit for turning things back to Tig from MM. A few of MM's posts really had me thinking he was mafia, and Tig seemed more legit. Grim said something, I forget, but it made it all click and turned things back to Tig.

If Baldrick claimed ANYTHING other than Vanilla, there's a reasonable chance I would have believed him - I was still shady on MM and could have been convinced to go back. But everyone already had claimed something, and the power roles were already out there, so I couldn't see any way Baldrick wasn't mafia.

GG everyone. Sully is up next, yeah?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Thanks to Sayer for running a fun filled game. Definitely an interesting set of perks for mafia that I wish we'd done a little more with from a creative standpoint. Along with Tig's claim to offset MM's, I thought Baldy going for the vanilla defense was not the best move. I mentioned in the chatzy that I think most people here are just not going to buy that any longer, so claiming anything else would have been better. Regardless, my teammates played very well and I'm just sorry I got myself investigated so quickly. Speaking of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Also fun fact, I literally checked Fuji D1 just because he started talking to me and trying to twist my words. Had he never said anything, I was going to investigate a lower end player.
    I still maintain that it sounded like you were advocating a lynch on OMB damn it. I suppose I could have just let it go, but those are the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Miracle View Post
    All you had to do was a post of a heads up I'm at work. You were posting everywhere else. But nope.
    Dude, no offense meant, but you're kind of coming across like a bit of a prick here. First of all, your team won the game, so you should be happy about that. Second, Sayer expressly stated his reason why he wasn't able to update, so that should be good enough. Real life does tend to get in the way of forum life from time to time, so instead of bitching about it you should just accept it as fact. Nobody's getting paid to be here, it's all just supposed to be about having a fun distraction from real shit.

Anyhow, all that aside, thanks again to Sayer for running the game, props to everyone who player and I look forward to seeing y'all in the next game. Cheers.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

If I were still alive on that last day I would have quashed all indy talk. I don't get how Wolf Beast and even OMB of all people didn't realize that even if there was an indy, he wasn't a serial killer. There were literally only the mafia kills, and no other deaths at night. How did no one put two and two together?

Probably booking

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Curious who targeted me N2? I assume it was either Wolf or Bro since they were looking for someone. As you see I really did get the Watcher for being targeted, but the ironic thing was I watched Sully that night - the same night he died. Probably a good thing mafia had already figured it out, because I might have accidentally brought it to light if Sully lived.
    That was me, looking for my twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    If I were still alive on that last day I would have quashed all indy talk. I don't get how Wolf Beast and even OMB of all people didn't realize that even if there was an indy, he wasn't a serial killer. There were literally only the mafia kills, and no other deaths at night. How did no one put two and two together?
    Put it down to inexperience on my end. I’m still not familiar with powers/win conditions an Indy might have.

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

Banned Helping A Friend

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    That was me, looking for my twin.

Put it down to inexperience on my end. I’m still not familiar with powers/win conditions an Indy might have.
    For reference, an Indy will usually have one of seven win conditions:

A.) Serial Killer: Be the last man alive and kill everyone else.

There's also variants of the Serial Killer.

• Arsonist: Lights a player on fire, and goes through all protection except the firefighter. Any player who visits the person he lit on fire, they die too (same with anyone who visits THAT person)
    • Poisoner: Poisons a player at night, and they will die by the end of the next day if not cured.

B.) Survivor: Survive until the end, irregardless of which alignment wins.

C.) Lyncher: Have your target lynched before you die.

D.) Unlyncher: Have your target die by means other than lynch.

E.) Jester: Get yourself lynched to win. (Considered a bastard role and not usually seen)

F.) Alignment Chooser: After a certain point, the player may choose which alignment he wishes to side with.

G.) Cult Leader: Recruits a townie each night. Wins if the cult overtakes the rest of the alignments. What happens when the Cult Leader dies depends on the mod, but usually the Cultists either all die or return to vanilla townies. (This is also considered bastard and rarely seen, except in Sully's Walking Dead game).

There's also some additional hilarious wincons:

H.) Communist: Convince the rest of the players in the game to go to No Lynch twice in a row.

I.) Conniving Bastard: Must never tell the truth for the entire game; he dies if he tells the truth.

J.) The Blind, Deaf, Mute, Comatose and Fully Paralyzed Terminal Cancer Victim: You win no matter what happens, but everyone will be really patronizing about it.

K.) Warlock: Tries to correctly guess who will be lynched the next day. Wins if he predicts correctly twice.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I was pushed for time to get something out so went the east route of vanilla. Looking back I should have claimed back up something but to be honest you guys had us pegged anyway so would have taken some awesome talking to get people around to our side.

I also really need to start trusting my gut instinct more as when I second guess myself I usually come up looking dodgy haha.

Enjoyable game with enjoyable roles, cheers Sayer.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Thanks to Sayer for running a fun filled game. Definitely an interesting set of perks for mafia that I wish we'd done a little more with from a creative standpoint. Along with Tig's claim to offset MM's, I thought Baldy going for the vanilla defense was not the best move. I mentioned in the chatzy that I think most people here are just not going to buy that any longer, so claiming anything else would have been better. Regardless, my teammates played very well and I'm just sorry I got myself investigated so quickly. Speaking of that...

I still maintain that it sounded like you were advocating a lynch on OMB damn it. I suppose I could have just let it go, but those are the breaks.

Dude, no offense meant, but you're kind of coming across like a bit of a prick here. First of all, your team won the game, so you should be happy about that. Second, Sayer expressly stated his reason why he wasn't able to update, so that should be good enough. Real life does tend to get in the way of forum life from time to time, so instead of bitching about it you should just accept it as fact. Nobody's getting paid to be here, it's all just supposed to be about having a fun distraction from real shit.

Anyhow, all that aside, thanks again to Sayer for running the game, props to everyone who player and I look forward to seeing y'all in the next game. Cheers.
    I would've been completely fine with Sayer not posting anything, but the fact that he's posting in the NFL thread and not in here...to me wasn't the best look. Real life didn't stop him posting there...like I said a quick heads up...not a problem. If that makes me a prick, so be it. I wasn't the only one with these feelings, but whatever.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I made a quick post or two in the NFL thread on a break. Im sorry that mafia was not the Number One thing on my mind.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

let's all chill out. shit means nothing.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Banned Helping A Friend

Status

If someone could post that Indy spreadsheet I made onto the main guidelines thread for reference to newer players or for mods looking for Indy ideas, that'd be sweet.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread Information