Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE 09: Cheap Heat

TUFF

Status

Re: WWE 09: Cheap Heat

Finally all caught up with this BTB. I agree with Wolf and Keef's feedback that they've been giving you. Very good feedback indeed. I'd like to commend you on doing all this from a phone. That's insane!

I like that you're trying something different here with JBL but personally, it's hard for me to get into. But that hasn't stopped me from reading. I get it, outside of WWE, JBL is a fairly decent businessman. So I think I can see what persona you're trying to go for here. However, with him retiring fairly recently in this BTB and us knowing his whole character being brash and what not, it's kind of hard to get into. Nonetheless, continue to write what you want and I'm sure I'll come around to this idea.

The stuff with Miz has me very confused. Kudos to you for still writing ECW here and it's demise.

Onto another subject, in 2009, the brands felt very... distinct. Like, you knew that Raw was the A-show and Smackdown was the B-show. And well, I was enjoying SD more around this time period. I remember the only thing I liked during Raw at this time was all the Legacy stuff. And this BTB still has those vibes. Not that I'm complaining or anything but it's just something I get a vibe of when I read your shows. Maybe when ECW closes it's doors, you change up the rosters again.

All in all, you've got a reader in me despite this review sounding a bit negative. Definitely didn't mean for that. For all the negatives I talked about, there are more positives in here such as the Legacy stuff, ECW closing down, the IC Title picture on SD, and much more. Keep going man!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Pretty good

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Off the bat, I love the edict from JBL about no more attacks during matches being tolerated. While it’s restrictive for you as a writer, it’ll force you to get more creative in furthering angles along, plus, there’s been a lot of run ins as of late, so it’ll freshen things up to move away from it for a little while. The Trips/Orton interaction was decent, and you did your best to move past the flawed ending of Breaking Point, with Batista making a big impact on this show right away.

Would’ve thought Batista vs Orton would’ve been a Mind Games match on PPV rather than a TV match with a weeks build, but I guess there could be some kind of angle to get it to the PPV instead, and that’s quite the introduction for Brett DiBiase to take on Big Show. Good call though, as he should be punished for his interference.

Cool impromptu match to kick-start the show, and I’d hazard a guess Jamie Noble will live to regret beating Henry to the ring. Thought that was fun though, and made the “first ten in the ring” stipulation actually mean something in the end. Decent match too, seemingly furthering along a few issues and potentially starting up some new ones, including a potential Colons reformation?

Gotta say though, I’m a tad disappointed Swagger won in the end. To go through all that effort to crown a #1 Contender and for it to be Swagger again is a bit of a flat ending. Thought it was good you gave Santino that hope at the end, much like the 2011 Rumble, which went over pretty well at the time.

Not much to say about the Batista promo; just by the numbers, really.

Nice win for Kelly. While she’s not exactly a ‘talent’, given the era, you’re sort of forced into finding a way to feature her … so good luck with that! Lol.

Decent bit of dialogue between Orton and his lackeys too. Makes sense Cody and Ted want to be with Brett, and makes more sense that Orton doesn’t want them getting suspended for his own gain. Gets across the selfish nature of Orton, and proves that the group is only there to serve Orton – in his eyes at least. This could be something good to eventually call back to if you are (or plan to) thinking about breaking this group up at some point.

The right way to go about the DiBiase match, with him being completely out of his depth against someone like Big Show. Considering he never got an actual call up in real life, I have to assume he wasn’t ever quite enough for the main roster, so it’s not like he is someone you need to protect, but I’ll be curious to see if this winds up being a write off for him, or if you have him stick around and try and prove himself worthy of being in Legacy.

That squash also provided a decent set up for Legacy wanting the tag champs. Very surprised to see that match for next week, as I can’t begin to envisage Legacy beating DX again … yet that feels like the outcome we’ll HAVE to get, as the obvious direction to follow right now appears to be Legacy challenging JeriShow.

Cesaro and Hero? Cool.

Overall, I thought the JBL/Miz/Rhyno segment had a few flaws. For starters, introducing another title isn’t a great idea. You’ve already got the U.S Title on Raw, so having another belt just waters things down further, imo. That said, it’s a pay off to the angle you’ve been running with for Miz for weeks, so it’s been coming. The JBL interview itself felt like something that would’ve been better suited to a backstage setting, and some of it even felt more like something “insider” that’d air on wwe.com at that time.

I get why it was in the ring, so that The Miz could interrupt and set things up, but for me, it felt like it took a long time to get to the real “meat” of the segment – too long. It’s refreshing though for JBL to be a no nonsense face GM at the moment; long may that continue. Mark Henry refusing to accept the offer of JBL here could be interesting, and I imagine he’ll say he wasn’t going to accept a “consolation prize” or something along those lines. Rhyno versus Miz is a decent match for the final ECW show too.

Hmmm … peculiar stuff here. Bit of a mystery then as to who Triple H was actually talking with, and it begs the question of why he’d say he was talking with Shawn when it was someone else on the phone. I agree with the idea of keeping Michaels off for another week at least btw; that was quite a beating at Breaking Point, and the longer he’s out, the more meaning the attack has.

Much like I said about Shawn – good idea to have Cena out for a little while to sell the impact of his bump at Breaking Point.

I’ll keep an open mind on the direction of the Womens division, but it’s hard to go in any other direction other than Beth being a dominant champion that isn’t being fully tested, and that seems to be the idea here, considering she gave Gail no credit for her win.

Crikey, everyone is getting hit with the injury bug!! Once again though, I like that you’re making a big deal of things that happened at the PPV, and not just forgetting about them after those one matches. Sets up a decent story here of whether Kofi puts himself in danger by going against the Doctors orders, or having to hand the belt over.

The pre-match attack from Legacy before the main event got a bit of an eye roll from me, if I’m honest. You had JBL lay the law down earlier tonight, and here Legacy are (basically) flaunting that ruling already. I know he said “during” matches, but attacking guys during their entrances counts the same. Thought that was a real misstep after the promising rules you set yourself earlier.

Even though you had JBL get out there and order Orton and Brett to the back, it’s still a disappointing angle to attempt. Legacy should at least be sneakier about their intentions; have Batista get attacked in the back by guys with their faces covered so that even though everyone would know it’s Legacy, they’re trying to cover their tracks etc.

The match itself was fine, and went exactly as you’d want and expect it to go with Batista getting the win on his return. Perfectly sensible, and sets the stage for a massive night next week on Raw.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

My biggest issue with this opening segment was you just had TOO MUCH going on. When you keep going bam bam bam, it's just impossible to digest everything. We went from HHH ready to take on Legacy with the sledgehammer, to Batista being the focus, to JBL coming out and making match after match. There's just way too much going on. I do like the stipulation JBL made about the interference, I think that's great, but again, it loses so much meaning because it's sandwiched in everything else.

My other big feedback is you really should proofread your shows. This first segment alone is littered with fragments, grammar errors, wrong use of words like you you're your. It was a very big eye sore and distracting.

I love how you're hyping Henry up as the last competitor, and adding his motivation to the match, only for Noble to sneak in past him. That was an excellent touch, although I think you really missed out on a great idea by doing nothing with the follow through as he was a non factor in the match. The Santino/Masters stuff just didn't click for me at all, because I felt like it made no sense whatsoever, despite the continued attempts to force it down. It makes me more content it was Swagger winning this one. I do think you did a tremendous job getting in so many different stories into this match though, the was excellent!

The content of Batista's promo is okay, but it just feels like it's anyone, not a character you're making central to your plans. It's all rather bland. I would try to add a little more flair. Some ellipses to show some pauses. Add a little more physicality in his interviews to capture his physical charisma, arguably his best trait. By that I don't mean flexing, but the hard looks, piercing gaze, nostrils flaring, clenched jaw, things like that to make the readers visualize, "oh crap, he's a menace and about to fuck bitches and get money."

Watch how you switch tenses in your match writings. Went from present to past more than once in it. The short match write up for this match works perfectly for me.

Good heel move by Orton making sure the kid has to go out there by himself, and making himself the most important piece of the group. Smart little segment here.

That red bold is too much with the blocks that you have it in. It's very overbearing with how much you have.

DiBiase getting squashed is exactly the right call, no complaints at all. I also love how the tag team of the group then use that to try and manipulate a title shot, that's fun heel work, even if you makes no sense at all to try it with the GM who just booked that match. :P

I know this sounds silly, but if that's Caatagnoli/Cesaro and Hero/Ohno coming in, I really hope they don't come in with their Indy names. I already don't like them coming in as KOW. 1) this is WWE, in 2009; that name's never passing with Vinnie Mac 2) this is WWE in 2009; Indy guys weren't coming in with their names yet unless they were top level guys. Hell, Bryan Danielson couldn't even get that and he was a better wrestler than CM Punk could ever try to be.

I thought you did a very solid job of explaining JBL's journey to get to where he is now, and how Ron played a pivotal role in it. I actually hated seeing you downplay the interview as boring, because I thought it was your most compelling stuff so far. I still think you need to do more work to capture the character's voices though, as it just doesn't "feel" like them, but any random character. Miz coming out as the guy to complain about others getting the shots is perfect, and you tied everything up well with his match with Rhyno, and JBL trying to give Henry a match after earlier. I loved that continuity! Rhyno sounded so foolish though just shouting Gore at the end. Cartoonish, really. Lead him into that. "Miz, you're going to feel the..." for a quick rough example. I also like how you're selling the notion that JBL has scouted Indy guys to bring them in, I thought that was a good touch, despite my disagreement with how you're doing it.

The content in the HHH promo is fine, but I think you know what comes next: vanilla. It feels like anyone, not HHH. If this is leading up to HHH and Batista winning the titles though, I think that's a fun story to tell.

The diva's match was just there, but I like that you're featuring then as much as you are.

The booking here is fun, setting up the angle of what will happen with Kofi and the title, although the writing was especially poor here, in terms of your sentence structure. It was just kind of all over the place with a fragment and then long run on sentence in just one paragraph.

The booking here of having Legacy find the loophole with a PRE match attack is excellent. That was really fun, although everything that else that followed was a bit of a mess. Adding in the Cody taking a Spinebuster after the fact was awkward, and JBL coming out made sense given the CF going on, but he's just all over this show now. You booked yourself into a corner a wee bit I felt. Just felt like he was in it too much. I also don't know how much I want to see Brett DiBiase back again after the Big Show match; you should've been playing up how the kid who isn't ready to be in the WWE was all sorts of messed up by that match, I feel.

The ending of the match was a bit hard to follow for me, but I do like the abrupt ending instead of the standard formula. FYI though you had match times for 3 matches, but not for 2.

I know that I can come off as too negative or harsh sometimes, so I apologize if that was the case here. I honestly think the booking of this show was really, really good in a lot of different ways. And that is the most important part, after all. You did very well to tell some stories, set some more up, and create a template of what you're trying to do moving forward, which is all awesome. You just really have to proofread your work, recognize the high amount of fragments, the run ons, etc, and fix that. Work on ways to make the characters sound more unique as well, because then the writing is going to improve ten fold. You get that writing there, and this project will be phenomenal.

And hopefully I no longer get that black screen of death trying to feedback you :P

Jam Up Guy

Status

Ok, just caught up on your last episode of Raw. Orton part of the ending of the PPV was absolutely brilliant, loved that little touch. It really put over what a big deal it was for him to destroy Cena, and went some way to saving that ending for me. I also give you credit for really making it sound like Orton, which is something I don't think you've quite nailed yet with a lot of other characters. But Orton very much does sound "right".

Triple H is a good example of someone who just doesn't sound like Triple H. I don't know if you're able to watch videos right before you write a promo, but I find it makes it a lot easier to hear their voice in my head as I write. As it is, Triple H just sounds like anyone, which isn't a great thing for someone as big a star as him. I also think there's opportunity to really make things jump off the page in a way that they aren't at the moment. Again, zero idea how you do this on your phone, because I imagine it must make stuff like that work, but it's probably the biggest area of opportunity for you going forward. There is so much potential in this, but really making things jump off the page would make a huge difference to me.

As a case in point, the Batista reveal in that opening segment. That's the kind of thing you can make really fun to read, but it read a little flat to me. As it was, you had Orton kind of make an offhand comment, Triple H smirk, say "I'm not alone", go to the back, get a sledgehammer, not use the sledgehammer, and then had Batista come out. It didn't pop like it could have, you know? Had you, say, had Orton really needle HHH with something like "what's the matter, Hunter? Too SCARED to come out on your own?" Then really sell the reaction from HHH. Maybe he cocks an eyebrow, looks out to the crowd with a frown, pretending to be confused. "Alone? I didn't say anything about being... alone?" and then BAM! Batista attacks from behind. That way you've built up tension, then paid it off in an exciting way immediately. That alone would have done wonders for this segment.

All that said, I really liked JBL's ruling about the lack of interference. A really cool touch, and something I'm looking forward to seeing you use going forward. It'll be a challenge, but one that'll be worth it imo.

Lovely little touch with Noble beating Henry to the ring! That was a lot of fun. Also really liked you holding off from the obvious MVP/Swagger ending. Give us something different so we build to the match. That's excellent. I really enjoyed the Santino stuff in there too.

I said it at the start, but I really do think you write Orton well. He's probably the highlight of Raw, which is what you want as the champ. Him making them pick between their later match and Brett was excellent.

That's cool that you're adding the KOW. I normally prefer people to stick to the roster they have, but as long as you don't overdo it I'm okay with it every now and again. I hope you use their NXT names than their real names, though.

I liked the content of the JBL promo, even if it didn't really sound like him. He came across as a huge babyface here though, which is needed given his history. Actually thought this was one of the strongest parts of the show. The Miz bit was fun too, especially with the Rhyno run in, although another title seems a bit much if I'm honest.

Not said anything about the Divas as not much to comment on, but kudos for trying to do stuff with them and looking forward to where it goes.

You see, the main event run in was another area where with more expressive writing you could have really made it pop. The whole idea of JBL making matches no interference so Legacy attack before the match could have been a lot of fun, but it felt a little glossed over and rushed. I also really don't like having JBL (complete with entrance music!) coming out 3 times in a show. "X happens and GM comes out to make decisions" is a bit of a lazy trope, and the quality of your booking and writing means you don't need to rely on that kind of stuff. Push yourself to do something different, you can definitely do it!

Glad you had the babyfaces win in the end, though. Without interference it was important the stars got a big win, especially ahead of the title match. Good call there.

Overall, a pretty strong follow up to the PPV. All the booking was on point and there was nothing not to like about it. This may be one of the things that'll be impossible as long as you write on your phone, but if you can slow down your writing and really allow moments to pop, and if you can better nail the cadence of how certain characters talk, this'll go from a BTB I enjoy to one I absolutely love, and not with many changes either. Keep up what you're doing, dude.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Thank you guys all so much for the input and advice! It is all super helpful and I've taken note of areas I need to improve (and probably ignored most of it for this ECW lol) and I hope I can make it entertaining enough you guys continue reading! I really appreciate all the support! This is a fun little community to be a part of. And with that, onto ECW. This week and next week's ECW will be fully recapped like this, with ECW's last show being written in full.

ECW 9/15
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

The show opens up with William Regal making his way to the ring with a microphone, flanked by his goons - the monstrous Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov. Regal blasts Christian, calling the ECW champion a coward. Regal says Christian got lucky, and says he demands a rematch at Last Stand. Regal continues on until he's interrupted by ECW's general manager Tiffany!

Tiffany comes out, letting Regal know he will NOT be receiving another title shot, but does state that the ECW title will be on the line in two weeks at Last Stand. Continuing on, she says they were going to have a battle royal to determine the number one contender, but since JBL had one on Raw - ECW will do things a little different tonight. Announcing that there will be 4 matches tonight, and whoever wins their match the fastest will be the number one contender!! Tiffany tells Regal that he has been added to the "Choose your Future" fatal four way match at Last Stand that will allow the winner to choose which brand they go to - but then the GM singles out the giants next to Regal, letting them know they have the opportunity to become number one contender - As they will be competing tonight, AGAINST EACH OTHER. RIGHT NOW!

Match 1| Vladimir Kozlov vs Ezekiel Jackson

After offering some pushback to the general manager, Kozlov and Jackson eventually go to opposite corners, as commentary mention they are wasting precious time. Both men tentatively come to the center of the ring. Neither man scared of the other, but both wanting to keep some semblance of peace with their new partner. Jackson offers a handshake, to which Kozlov accepts… HEADBUTT!!

The headbutt erases any doubts Ezekiel Jackson may have had, as the two men start to trade right hands. Neither man can gain advantage, as Regal is on the outside trying to do damage control, trying to keep his two behemoths from fighting each other. Jackson ends up taking Kozlov off his feet, and the fight spills to the outside!! Both big men continue beating the hell out of each other around the ring and up the ramp as the referee counts them out!!

Winner: Draw - Double Count Out @ 3:17

William Regal eventually puts his hand up and walks off, leaving both men to continue brawling as we head to our first commercial
    …
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

When we return from break, commentary lets us know that security JUST separated Kozlov and Jackson, but the two men looked like they were still raring to go. They then switch to promoting the upcoming match as the competitors make their entrance, saying Sheamus and Shelton Benjamin met two weeks ago, with Benjamin putting the Irishman through a table, but Sheamus getting the victory. Tonight, they do battle - yet again under extreme rules. This IS part of the "beat the clock" challenge.

Match 2| Sheamus vs Shelton Benjamin

A slight grudge match, but now both competitors hope to get the match done quickly so they can have the opportunity to face Christian. Sheamus is already scheduled for the fatal four way to choose his future brand - but puts over being known as the last ECW champion as a great chance to make a name for himself.

Sheamus dominates the beginning of the match, eventually taking Benjamin out with a big clothesline over the top rope. Sheamus follows him out, but gets BLASTED by a trash can!!

Shelton then uses his athleticism to stay on top, continuing the fight outside the ring. After stunning Sheamus by slamming him into the steel pole, Benjamin climbs on the apron and leaps off before being caught by Sheamus AND PUT THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE WITH A FALLAWAY SLAM!!

The crowd pops for the table spot out of nowhere! But Sheamus takes too long picking Benjamin up and rolling him back into the ring, that his eventual pin only gets a 2 count!!! Sheamus can't believe it, as he lifts Shelton up - looking for the Irish Curse!! But Shelton slips off!! Superkick!!! Sheamus stumbles back into the ropes before rebounding into a T-BONE SUPLEX - ONTO A STEEL CHAIR!!! Shelton makes the pin!
    3!!

Winner: Shelton Benjamin @ 7:22

Commentary put over the huge win by Benjamin, showing the resiliency after going through the table, to still come away with the win. Pointing out that Benjamin and Sheamus are now 1-1, Striker mentions that if Benjamin can't hold onto the fastest time, he may have very well done enough to be entered into the fatal four way match at Last Stand.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We return from commercial to see Tiffany, in her office. When someone kicks open the door… It's Rhyno!! Rhyno asks Tiffany why she wrote up that contract for The Miz to get a shot at the TV title? The title that Rhyno has had at his house for 10 years.

Tiffany tells Rhyno that he can keep the TV title that's at his house, because this TV title will be a BRAND NEW belt. And that since ECW is coming to an end, she wants to do something memorable and entertaining for the fans. She doesn't want to be known as just some interim GM who failed ECW. So she decided she'd send a parting gift to remember ECW by. She states that either Miz or Rhyno will leave ECW: Last Stand with the new WWE TV Title.

She continues on, stating that the title WON'T be defended on that superstars brand, but rather defended on the OPPOSITE brand - EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Thus, giving superstars from both brands a shot at being champion. If a raw superstar is champion, he will defend the title on SmackDown until a SmackDown superstar wins, which then will lead to the title being defended on Raw.

Rhyno interrupts her to tell her he doesn't care, he just plans on destroying Miz. Tiffany tells him that he'll have a great chance to do that, because their match, along with every other match that night will be under EXTREME RULES!!

We then cut to the ring where Paul Burchill and Katie Lea are making their way to the ring as commentary recount what Tiffany just said. The WWE TV title will be on the line in two weeks!!

Match 3| Paul Burchill vs The Hurricane

In another rematch from two weeks ago, Paul Burchill shows his dominance yet again. With power move after power move. Sprinkling in pinfalls in between, looking for the quick victory. Before finally putting Hurricane away after blocking the chokeslam and hitting Hurricane with the C-4!!

Winner: Paul Burchill @ 3:46

Commentary put over the phenomenal effort from Burchill, winning in almost HALF the time of the current time to beat. With only one more match to go tonight!!

Burchill poses in the ring with Katie Lea, who says something as they look down at Hurricane. Burchill nods, and begins putting the boots to the superhero, before grabbing him and setting him up for the curb stomp. Commentary pleads with Burchill to stop, but he has this sadistic smile on his face

UNTIL HE'S HIT IN THE FACE BY YOSHI TATSU!! TATSU JUST RESCUED THE HURRICANE!!

Burchill rolls out of the ring and along with his sister Katie they make their way back up the ramp as Tatsu tends to Helms. Striker mentions that Yoshi got the best of Burchill last week and tonight, but Burchill may get the last laugh as he's currently the leader to become number one contender!!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We return to see a close up of the ECW Championship, and then zooming out we see the champion Christian! He goes on about how last night he bested Regal, finally proving that his quick win at SummerSlam wasn't a fluke. He mentions that he isn't looking forward to Last Stand, because it means his time as ECW champion comes to an end one way or another. He says his time here on Tuesday nights has done great for his career, reinvigorating Captain Charisma. He goes to continue before he starts smiling as someone steps into the shot
    It's Tommy Dreamer!! Dreamer tells Christian that he has done ECW proud, defending that title successfully for months. But that it will come to an end in two weeks - when he, Tommy Dreamer, takes the ECW Championship from him!

Christian wishes Dreamer luck as he walks away, with the ECW legend looking focused and intense.

*Radio*

Zack Ryder makes his way out to the ring for the main event, grabbing a microphone and saying that for the last 4 weeks he has been trashing ECW, only to be attacked by the freaks that ran the place back in the day. Ryder says that when he heard about this opportunity tonight, he knew the best way to really "take out the trash" is by winning the ECW title, and disposing of it in live TV when he gets to "one of the real brands". Before he can continue he's interrupted by the music of Tommy Dreamer!!

Dreamer makes his way down the ramp, but Ryder catches him by surprise and meets him at the ramp!! Ryder hits Dreamer with a low blow!!! Then whips Dreamer into the steel steps!!

Commentary are split on the actions of Ryder, with Matthews saying how dispicable it is to attack his opponent before hand. While Striker states that it's ingenious, as the clock hasn't started but he's already doing the damage!!

Ryder continues his assault on the ECW legend, not looking like the man that has been consistently beat up and mocked the past few weeks, but rather a dominant and legitimate contender for the ECW title. Hitting Dreamer with the jumping leg lariat he calls the "Rough Ryder" and his finisher the "Zack Attack" on the floor!!

Ryder finally feels as if he's done enough, rolling Dreamer into the ring. Ryder looks around at the fans, tapping his temple to indicate his intelligence, with commentary in disbelief that Zack Ryder of all people is going to be the number one contender.

Ryder climbs onto the apron, about to step through the ropes when HE'S HIT WITH A LOW BLOW!!!

BY…

BUELAH MCGILLICUTTY?!

?!?!

Commentary ask what in the hell she's doing here, as the former ECW "vixen" came to the aid of her real life husband!!

Ryder falls forward through the ropes into the ring, forcing the referee to start the match just as Dreamer is getting to his feet!!

Match 4| Tommy Dreamer vs Zack Ryder

Dreamer picks up Zack Ryder and poses, dropping him with the Dreamer DDT. Dreamer makes the cover!!
    3!

Winner: Tommy Dreamer @ 0:11

Tommy Dreamer is going to ECW: Last Stand to face Christian for the ECW Championship!! With the help of his wife(?!), the ECW legend has a chance to go down in history as the final ECW champion!! And he beat the man that's ridiculed the brand for months to earn that shot!!

Buelah joins her husband, as Dreamer picks up the microphone that Ryder had used, and proceeds to tell the crowd that a few months ago he made a promise to retire if he didn't win the ECW Championship. "And he did it!" is the call from commentary. So that gave him the push to keep going, but now that ECW is coming to an end he's decided to announce his retirement. For good. "If ECW is closing, I don't have a reason to be here." So in two weeks against his good friend Christian, win or lose - it all comes to an end; ECW… and Tommy Dreamer's career. He then looks at the camera, telling Christian he will do ANYTHING to retire as the final ECW champion.

*End Show*

Tag Team Specialist

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I've got to break away from my normal way of reviewing because of the gauntlett format. The rules for a normal wrestling show are thrown out of the window. The entire show become a gimmick; which on a one hour show makes it tough to work on more than one angle.

Now with you writing the ENDING of ECW, it is much more important to wrap up storylines rather than building them. For me, it changes things

Having a knowledge of the WWE version of ECW was helpful as I think I was familiar most of the storylines you seemed to be forwarding on this episode. Rgeals henchmen brawling, Burchill tormenting Hurricane, etc. These all mirrored what really happened in real life and made it easy to latch on to.

Tommy Dreamer is always the reliable choice, but this is very similar to the road that ECW went down. Regardless, using his real life wife means something to the nostalgic fans like me.

So the question becomes, what is the future for these guys? Sheamus and Shelton both looked good early and have bright futures. Everyone that won tonight looks like a potential building block, but do you plan on keeping Zeke and Kozlov feuding or maybe reconcile them and Regal and use them on a show like Smackdown?

I really like Paul Burchill. I always thought he had potential and would like to see where this goes with Yoshi Tatsu. Both guys had underwhelming runs that you could book better.

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Something that I’ve been needing to say for a while, and that is I respect the hell out of the fact you do this on your phone. I struggle enough doing this sort of thing on my laptop, so to do this on your phone is super impressive and takes some commitment so kudos to you for that. I know you’re doing recapped shows for this ECDubya and the next, but one thing I would have liked to see is a tad more detail on the promo for Regal – because you tell us that he calls Christian a coward and challenges him for the ECW Title and then you tell us that he continues to go on … but don’t tell us what about?

Obviously the matches were short, but they were done fairly well for the time they had and the fact it was written in recap mode. I feel though as though because of the lack of meaningful feud/rivalry for Regal at the minute, he has to win the Choose Your Future match that you have cooked up. One thing I didn’t like about the match at the beginning, is the double count out. I get Jackson and Kozlov aren’t the smartest tools in the box, but they aren’t mindless or idiots – there meant to be portrayed as Superstars to fear, but both being counted out just makes me think how idiotic they are for not realizing the ref was counting to ten. I don’t know if you plan on separating Jackson and Kozlov, and I would prefer if they stayed a team because they have more of an upside as a dominating tag team than as single competitors, especially if Regal is going to continue to manage them.

It really is a good win for Benjamin at this point, especially against Sheamus who has an incredible amount of potential at this point. I imagine with them both going 1-1, they’ll be a singles rubber match next week to decide who wins the overall feud before they go their separate ways. Not going to lie, the TV Title and it’s stipulation is a creative way of getting more championship matches on TV, but at this point in time, WWE had trouble enough building up their U.S and I.C Titles so I would have preferred the effort go into making those titles respectable and prestigious again. Nonetheless, the Rhyno winning on the last night of ECW makes sense from a sentimental point of view, but if you’re going to have a TV Title, then The Miz is the logical winner who will hopefully grow as a Superstar with the belt and hopefully you can come up with creative ways of using it.

Loved The Hurricane gimmick so I would’ve been all for a Hurricane win. Burchill makes sense though. The only thing I remember about Yoshi Tatsu is the theme song, not going to lie.

I feel as though, despite the attack by Ryder, Dreamer was ALWAYS going to challenge for the title on the last show. He’s the last one left (besides Rhyno) who had any relationship to ECW really. I will say one thing though, Ryders attack was absolutely brutal – a low blow, steel steps and two signature moves on the outside. Then, it just seemed as if that was totally forgotten once Buelah got involved. Also, I’m pretty sure the referee would have had to make sure both competitors were up and able to compete before calling for the bell but those are just nitpicky things really. Like I said though, Dreamer is the logical choice and now you have an interesting decision – for ECW to go out with an ECW Original winning the ECW Title and retiring, or you can use the ECW Title to propel Christian in to the main event on RAW and SD by saying he is the last ever ECW Champion.

I’ve done some nitpicking in this but I am following along and for the most part I am enjoying what I’m reading. At some points, I feel the way things are written could be more improved to flow a little better and I sometimes find myself wishing for some more description to really paint the scene but then I remember you do this from your phone and what you’re doing with that is impressive! I’ll be continuing to follow along and look forward to SD!
    Last edited by C3K; 01-21-2020 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Formatting messed up!

Chikara Trainee

Status

9/18 SmackDown
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

We open with a package showing us the highlights from Breaking Point's World Heavyweight Championship match between The Undertaker and CM Punk, ending when Matt Hardy interferes and attacks The Undertaker with the title belt. The SmackDown side of things ending with Punk laughing as he clutches his title, with the voiceover of JR at the pay per view saying he can't believe Matt Hardy would do this just for a title shot.

The camera fades to black as we open into the arena in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada looking out at the thousands of fans in attendance.

*Pyro*

Jim Ross:
    Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Friday night SmackDown! I'm Jim Ross, joined by my colleague Todd Grisham, and Todd; tonight we have a great night lined up.

Todd Grisham:
    That's right JR, Cryme Tyme looks to get their revenge against the team now known as "Aces High" - Charlie Haas and Mike Knox.

Jim Ross:
    That's sure to be a helluva match, and we've also got the Women's title on the line! After retaining the title Sunday night on the pre-show due to the champions advantage, Michelle McCool will again defend her title against Melina tonight once more!

Todd Grisham:
    But what I'm most looking forward to is when we hear from Matt Hardy!! Rumor has it he hasn't shown up yet, but we are scheduled to hear from him tonight as he explains his actions towards The Undertaker this past sunday.

Jim Ross:
    I wouldn't show up either if I had pissed off the Deadman. I'll tell ya I don't know what Matt was thinking. If brains were leather he wouldn't have enough to saddle a junebug.

*This Fire Burns*

Todd Grisham:
    But this man has to be on top of the world right now! Barely escaping past The Undertaker, and thanks to that clause in his contract there will be NO rematch for The Undertaker.

Jim Ross:
    Yeah and this guys slicker than owl poop. He just scraped by the skin of his teeth, but look at him gloating like he just won the super bowl.

Indeed, CM Punk looks happy. Ecstatic even, as he makes his way to the ring. Happily trading verbal barbs with fans. The straight edge superstar climbs into the ring, requesting a microphone. He lets the boos fizzle out before starting

CM Punk:
    I told you so.

Heat

CM Punk:
    Aren't you guys tired of hearing me say that? If you're not too numb or drunk, if you haven't killed all your brain cells with pills and drugs then maybe you would have noticed that everything I've said I will do - I've done. I am the ONLY three time Straight Edge World Champion. I am the ONLY man to win back to back money in the bank ladder matches at WrestleMania. I was the one who cleansed the WWE of Jeff Hardy. And last night, I put the Deadman where he belongs!!

Major heat from the crowd as JR bellows "not without a little help!!"

CM Punk:
    I continuously come out here to you people, exposing the people you idolize, and this is how you treat me? Don't you get it? You are all FRAUDS… cheering for FRAUDS. You people go to work everyday just to scrape some money together to make sure you can have your fix, while you go gallivanting around about how you're a good person. You're fake, and it's no wonder you'd support someone like The Undertaker.

Big Pop

CM Punk:
    Or Jeff Hardy.

Another big pop

CM Punk:
    Because they're as fake as they come. Some light tricks and ladder spots is all it takes for your support? I honestly don't understand you people. I think the only thing we can agree on - is Matt Hardy.

Slight pop, some boos - not as loud a reaction as the previous names

CM Punk:
    Exactly. Or should I say Flat Hardy? Matt Hardley? You get the point. Matt Hardy is boring. Dull. Stale. He's so unexciting that last month Teddy Long completely forgot about him for weeks straight! Matt Hardy's most memorable moments in the WWE are when Jeff got speared off the ladder by Edge, and when Lita got "speared" by Edge.

"Ohhhh" from the crowd and an "ah come on" from JR on commentary.

CM Punk:
    But, he's someone who hasn't been given the opportunities that The Undertaker has. He's someone the WWE has constantly overlooked, and I can sympathize with that. I'm the best wrestler in the DAMN. WORLD. And I still don't get the respect I deserve. So Flat, I mean Matt; you've got your world title shot. You have your chance, at Mind Games in sixteen days it will be CM Punk vs Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship and I will once again prove to you people why I am the best in the world.

Punk drops the mic and exits the ring, holding up his title as he walks back up the ramp.

Jim Ross:
    Well our World champion with some harsh words for his number one contender Matt Hardy, who will be here later tonight!

Todd Grisham:
    We will hear from the challenger, and still to come tonight on SmackDown we have a Women's title match and Cryme Tyme vs Aces High!

Jim Ross:
    That's right Todd, but up next after the commercial we have Dolph Ziggler, fresh off his fantastic match at Breaking Point with John Morrison, will take on R-Truth!

As Punk is walking back up the ramp, the lights go out!!

*GONG*

But the lights come back on immediately and when Punk, who had stopped dead in his tracks, realizes he's in the clear he relaxes. He starts walking back up the ramp

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We open back up to Cryme Tyme standing by with Eve, much like last week. Except this time Shad and JTG are dressed to compete and without bandages.

Eve:
    I'm here with Shad and JTG of Cryme Tyme. Gentlemen, tonight you guys will finally get a shot at Aces High, Charlie Haas and Mike Knox after what they did to you two weeks ago.

Shad:
    That's right baby girl. Two weeks ago we were in the middle of our best match. We had defeated 3 teams, and were about to become number one contenders - when they attacked us from behind. They beat us down and made sure we couldn't make it to Breaking Point.

JTG:
    Ch'yeah

Shad:
    So tonight. We're beating them down. We're going to make sure they regret what they did to us. Tonight, things get a little hood.

JTG:
    Ch-ch-ch'Yeaa!! Shit gets real tonight boys!!!

JTG and Shad walk off, leaving their friend Eve behind.

*Here to show the world*

Dolph Ziggler comes bounding out to heat from the crowd, and makes his way down the ramp as we see a replay showing highlights from his match this past Sunday, focusing on the bigger spots with Grisham calling it his match of the night and JR in agreement.

*What's up?!*

R-Truth walks out rapping incoherently while also asking "What's up?!" every few sentences. Grisham says this is a good opportunity for Dolph to get back in the IC title hunt, while a win over Dolph would be a small measure of revenge for Truth who lost to Dolph in the tournament last month.

Match 1| R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler

Fast paced start to the match, much to the delight of the fans. Truth and Ziggler exchange arm drags and drop kicks, with neither man gaining the upper hand until Truth knocks Ziggler down with a flying spinning forearm.

Truth stays in control for only a moment before Ziggler counters a whip into the corner, sending Truth into the turnbuckle. Ziggler splashes Truth and catches him with a neckbreaker! Dolph locks in a chin lock and starts to wear down his opponent. Truth continues to try and gain momentum but he's halted at every turn. After a nasty German suplex to Truth, Ziggler goes for the famouser but R-Truth moves out of the way - kicks Dolph in the stomach and looks for the corkscrew scissor kick - but Dolph moves!! Leaping DDT.. connects!! Ziggler makes the cover.
    3!!

Winner: Dolph Ziggler @ 6:41

Dolph Ziggler picks up the victory, and he looks happy to be back on the winning track - but he's not done there apparently, as he requests a microphone while R-Truth rolls out of the ring.

Dolph Ziggler:
    Cut the music!

Once the music dies down, Ziggler looks directly into the camera, pointing a finger at it

Dolph Ziggler:
    John Morrison!! You got lucky! That title should be on my shoulder tonight! I've worked so hard for that belt, it should be mine!! I was the one who injured Rey Mysterio, I was supposed to be the one to take it!

Dolph stamps around, showing his frustration before taking a breath and settling in

Dolph Ziggler:
    And listen, we tore the house down. So I'm asking.. no no.. I'm DEMANDING the rematch I deserve!

Small pop from the crowd. Dolph Ziggler waits a beat before continuing

Dolph Ziggler:
    John, I know you're in the back watching. Come on out here and accept!!

After a few moments, there's still no movement

Dolph Ziggler:
    I should have known you'd be too sc-

*Ain't no make believe*

Ziggler looks shocked for some reason; as the NEW Intercontinental Champion, "the Friday Night Delight" John Morrison walks out, carrying his new title belt. Morrison walks down to the ring, joining the man he beat to become champion

John Morrison:
    You're right Dolph.. You're right about one thing. I am the new Intercontinental Champion!!

Morrison shows off the belt to the fans to a decent pop

John Morrison:
    That was the best match of my life, and it led to this title. This title I've worked so hard for. And I want to be known as a fighting champion, so you've got it Dolph. I'll defend the title against you. I'll defend the title against two, three, four guys it doesn't matter! All that matters is -

*Macmilitant*

The fans pop for the general manager, as Dolph looks excited at the prospect of his rematch being confirmed. Morrison raises an eyebrow and looks a little annoyed at being interrupted, but he adjusts the title and listens to what Teddy Long has to say.

Teddy Long:
    Now lemme holla at you playas! John Morrison, first off congratulations on becoming the NEW Intercontinental Champion.

Morrison again lifts the title up to show it off, as Ziggler looks annoyed as he rolls his eyes

Teddy Long:
    And I love how you want to be a fighting champ, you said something that gave me an idea. Y'see playas, I'm still trying to get the locker room on my side. I've had some people haterizin' but I've worked too damn hard for this job to let it get taken away now. So as a gift to the superstars in the back, John Morrison you will be defending your title against Dolph Ziggler at Mind Games…

Dolph smiles, nodding, telling Long and Morrison "it's only right"

Teddy Long:
    As part of a FIVE PACK CHALLENGE.

Dolph's smile is wiped off his face, and Morrison doesn't look too pleased either, having to defend the title he just won against FOUR superstars.

Teddy Long:
    I'm going to add a new superstar to the match every week between now and Mind Games, starting with the third superstar tonight!! Because this man reached out to me, he called me and said "Teddy, I can't work for JBL, I'd rather be on SmackDown" and that's the type of superstar I support! Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, let me introduce you to ONE of your opponents at Mind Games… "The World's Strongest Man" MARK HENRY!!

*Somebodies gonna get it*

And sure enough, Mark Henry struts out onto the top of the ramp, shaking hands with Long, motioning for the title belt around his waist before turning back around and leaving.

Teddy Long:
    Oh and next week, it will be John Morrison vs Mark Henry in a non title match! Holla holla!

Long's music hits as he turns to leave backstage WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!

*GONG*

And just like earlier the lights come on rather quickly, with Teddy Long looking scared for his life.

Long rushes to the back just in case as the commentary team make note of The Undertaker gong going off when CM Punk was out here, and now again when Teddy Long came out. Grisham mentions The Deadman may not be happy Smackdowns General Manager signed off on the main event for Mind Games.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

The camera cuts to backstage where Michelle McCool is stretching and warming up, as JR says we still have a Women's title match tonight. But up next, The Hart Dynasty is in action!

But before we get to the match, we see Teddy Long hurriedly pacing towards his office before entering and locking the door. He finally takes a breath and seems to relax, leaning on the front of his desk. Before someone off camera starts… laughing? Long's face drops as he turns around - and his office chair slowly turns around to reveal.. KANE! The Big Red Machine is laughing maniacally as Long backs up asking what Kane wants.

Kane slowly stands up, straight-faced, cornering the general manager. Towering over Long, Kane starts to laugh again

Kane:
    You are weak. I can sense your fear. Your fear is misplaced, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want The Great Khali

Teddy Long:
    Okay playa, of course! You got it, anything you want. Next week it'll be Kane vs -

Kane:
    No DQ.

Teddy Long:
    Excuse me?

Kane just snarls at the general manager

Teddy Long:
    Alright, next week it'll be Kane vs The Great Khali in a no disqualifications match. Are you happy now playa? Damn near gave me a heart attack.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][b]
    Long walks over, breathes a sigh of relief and falls into his office chair. Seemingly relieved to be unscathed after the confrontation with Kane. Kane walks out of the room before popping his head back into Long's office.

Kane:
    Oh, and Teddy. My brother sends his regards.

We get another fantastic terrified facial expression from Long as the lights in his room SHUT OFF! Kane starts laughing as he shuts the door and the camera cuts to the arena

Back inside the ring, Jimmy Wang Yang and Slam Master J are already in the ring awaiting their opponents. JR puts over the match just announced for next week, while Grisham tries to hype up the team in the ring - mentioning how big of a boost it would be for them to get a victory over The Hart Dynasty here in Canada.

*New Foundation*

Despite being heels, there is massive reaction for the Canadian tag team, who are accompanied by Natalya. Kidd and Smith relish in the cheers as they make their way to the ring.

Match 2| The Hart Dynasty vs Slam Master Wang Yang

Even though they're being cheered, The Hart Dynasty still play the role of the heels in this match, eventually singling out Slam Master J and keeping him in their corner. They run through a multitude of tag team maneuvers, working over the man formerly known as Jesse.

After a couple near falls, Kidd looks for the double jump moonsault but Slam Master J gets the knees up!! He gets the hot tag to Jimmy Wang Yang who comes in cleaning house, taking Smith (who had also tagged in) down with a picture perfect dropkick. Yang sees Kidd rushing at him and back body drops him, then rushes to the corner and shows Kidd how the double jump moonsault is done!! He crashes into both men, covering Smith but only gets the two count!

Yang takes the offense to DH Smith, taking him off his feet with a hurricanrana, following in with a low dropkick. Yang ducks a lariat, taking Smith down with a Russian leg sweep. Yang tags out to J, before climbing the top turnbuckle - BUT KIDD PUSHES YANG OFF THE TOP ROPE!! YANG CRASHES TO THE FLOOR!!

Slam Master J runs in, caught by Smith and planted with a scoop power slam. Smith picks J back up, lifting him up for Kidd to run off the ropes - HART ATTACK!!! Smith makes the cover!
    3!!

Winners: The Hart Dynasty @ 5:53

Big pop from the fans as Kidd and Smith hug in the ring, joined by Natalya they continue celebrating as we cut to commercial

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …
    We return from break and are shown highlights from the pre-show match at Breaking Point, where Michelle McCool got herself counted out to retain her women's title. (Which I didn't even remember writing until Keef and Wolf mentioned it in reviews lol)

*Paparazzi*

Out comes the number one contender, full of energy as she hypes up the fans. Giving high fives on her way down the ramp before stopping at the apron, and performing her signature splits entrance, which gets a decent pop from the men in the crowd.

*Not enough for me*

Some heat for the Women's champion, but the reaction is mostly indifferent as McCool walks down the ramp, shunning the fans as she trash talks Melina from outside the ring. Rolling into the ring and running right at her, taking Melina by surprise with a Lou Thesz Press!

Match 3| Melina vs Michelle McCool
    Women's Championship

McCool starts off the match strong, catching Melina off guard. After wanting no part of a fight on Sunday, McCool took it to the challenger early and often.

After a big European uppercut that knocked Melina into the ropes, the champion dropped her with a belly to back duplex. Fired up, McCool continued the assault with a running corkscrew neckbreaker as Melina was getting to her feet!

She helped Melina up and dropped her with a Russian leg sweep, floating over into a pin but could only muster a 2 count. McCool tried locking in the heel lock submission she calls MADT(Make a diva tap!) But Melina kicked free, getting to her feet - ducking a clothesline attempt matrix style and PLANTING McCool with a snapmare driver!

As McCool gets to her knees, Melina kicks her in the face - landing in the splits! The crowd loves it - so she sits in the splits a little too long, playing to the cheers. Because it gives McCool enough time to GRAB HER LEG!! MCCOOL LOCKS IN THE MADT!!

Melina screams out in agony as Grisham reminds everyone that she missed time last year with an ankle injury. Melina reaches for the ropes but she's too far away so she pulls at her hair trying to figure out her next move. McCool yells at her to tap, but Melina refuses. Melina starts pulling her way towards the ropes, dragging the champion with her. Melina reaches out - STRETCHING… AND GRABS THE BOTTOM ROPE!!

BUT MCCOOL WON'T LET GO!!!

MCCOOL KEEPS THE MADT LOCKED IN AS THE REFEREE COUNTS TO 5! HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO RING THE BELL!!

Winner: Melina @ 6:14 by DQ

Melina now has a second hand on the bottom rope, finally pulling her way out of the ring eventually forcing McCool to let go, and Melina falls to ringside clutching at her foot. McCool, who retains her belt even though she technically lost the match, rushes to the timeskeeper area, grabbing the Women's title and hurrying up the ramp as JR rambles on about Melina continuously getting screwed over by the champion.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We return from commercial and see Josh Matthews standing by with Aces High, Charlie Haas and Mike Knox.

Josh Matthews:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm here with the newest tag team on SmackDown, Aces High. Charlie Haas, Mike Knox, tonight you guys take on Cryme Tyme - who will look to exact some revenge on you for costing them a shot at the tag titles. How have you guys been preparing?

Charlie Haas takes the lead on the mic, grabbing it from Matthews.

Charlie Haas:
    We've been preparing the same way we always do. To win. Tonight, we get to show the world that we're the best tag team on SmackDown. Cryme Tyme will wish they never stepped into that ring with me and Knox. Shad, JTG; I hope you guys can up the ante, cause we're going all in.

Haas and Knox walk off, as JR tells us they must be heading to the ring because they're match is up next!

The camera cuts to the parking lot, where we see MATT HARDY emerge from a vehicle. Matt Hardy, the man who cost The Undertaker the title on Sunday has finally made his way to the arena! Hardy takes a deep breaths he gets to the end of the parking lot and starts walking down a hallway

When someone starts laughing?? Where have we heard that before?

Matt Hardy turns around to see KANE!! The big red machine laughs as Hardy tenses up. Kane steps up to Matt Hardy

Kane:
    He's coming

That's it. Two small words, and Kane steps past Hardy. Having just sent chills down his spine, Kane begins to laugh as he gets down the hallway and coincidentally enough the lights start to flicker. Hardy looks like there may be some regret on his face as he continues down the hallway, slowing down at every turn to carefully check the corner.

*Bringin' tha hood 2 you*

Cryme Tyme come out to a big ovation from the crowd, "having earned the hearts of many two weeks ago!" Says JR. JTG and Shad high five a couple fans on their way to the ring but they're not in their usual cheerful mood, looking determined for retribution. Grisham says this match will go a long way in establishing the pecking order of the tag team division on Smackdown.

*Pay the price*

The newly formed tag team of Charlie Haas and Mike Knox continue using Haas' entrance theme, but they've got matching gear now. Black trunks with gold trim, that say Aces High on the back, and each wearing a black jacket for their entrance with a new logo (a gold hand of cards, showing the Ace of Diamonds for Knox, and the Ace of Hearts for Haas.) As they make their way to the ring we get a replay of their last meeting, as part of the gauntlet match to determine the number one contenders. We see Cryme Tyme come away with the win before Haas and Knox viciously assaulting them post-match.

Commentary put over the animosity between these two teams as Aces High reach the bottom of the ramp they split up, with Haas going around to the left, Knox to the right, walking around the ring before meeting at the opposite side near the announce table. JR asks what they're doing, while Grisham suggests they are trying to get in the head of Cryme Tyme. They remove their jackets, fold them up neatly and set each jacket on the announce table. They look at each other, nod AND BOTH SLIDE IN THE RING!!

Match 4| Cryme Tyme vs Aces High

Haas tackles JTG to the ground, while Knox pushes Shad back into the corner. All four men exchanging right and left hands. With each team gaining control for a few moments, with JTG ending up on top of Haas and Shad pushing Knox into the corner to unload punches. They continue trading control, with this match turning into an all out brawl in the opening minutes. The referee tries to restore order, urging the teams to break it up and send somebody to the apron.

But these teams aren't listening to anybody else, they're continuing to take the fight to each other. Both teams fight their way to a standing position in the middle of the ring. They ALL hit the ropes!! JTG and Haas both clothesline each other!!! Knox and Shad both hit a cross body on each other!!! All four men are down as we cut to commercial break!!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We return from break to see the referee finally brought some order to the match, as we have Mike Knox sitting on the back of JTG, wrenching his chin up. Shad is trying to pump up his partner from the apron, but to no avail. JR says JTG is most likely still feeling the effects of the vicious release German suplex on the cement two weeks ago.

The next few minutes are all Aces High, as they show incredible chemistry for a team that's wrestling only their fourth match together. Tagging in and out, executing double team moves on JTG and keeping the ring cut off, not allowing the fresh Shad to tag in. They are focusing on the neck and abdomen area of JTG, with Haas now holding him in an abdominal stretch. Knox distracts the referee for a moment, allowing Haas to grab the ropes for leverage!! Which causes Shad to step through the ropes - but the referee cuts him off!! Forcing Shad back onto the apron, the referee doesn't notice Mike Knox now pulling Haas' arm for leverage!! Shad finally relents and backs off, with the referee unaware of the underhanded moves from Haas and Knox. JR, while not approving of the cheap move, does make note of the continued teamwork throughout.

JTG, desperate to break free- stomps on the foot of Haas! Haas let's go, and JTG lunges for the tag - BUT HAAS CAUGHT HIS LEG!! Haas pulls JTG back towards the middle of the ring - ENZIGUIRI!! JTG leaps for his corner!!

BUT MIKE KNOX PULLS SHAD OFF THE APRON!! AND RAMS HIM INTO THE BARRICADE!!

JTG sees what happened, and turns around - into a northern lights suplex! Haas bridges up for a pin!
    No!
    JTG kicked out at 2, with Haas now tagging in Mike Knox, and they double suplex JTG, and Knox stays right on the attack, punching JTG with multiple right hands before pulling him up to his feet - but JTG fights back!! Rights, lefts, a forearm! JTG hits the ropes - but gets caught!! SIT OUT SPINEBUSTER!! Knox hooks the leg!
    No! Broken up by Shad!! The referee ushers Shad back to the apron, and Aces High are back to work, with Knox tagging in Haas as they look to stay fresh. They whip JTG into the ropes - looking for a double back body drop - JTG hits Knox with a running neckbreaker!! He ducks a punch from Haas, kick to the stomach - Box Cutter!! JTG scrambles over across the ring, reaching out… AND MAKES THE TAG!!

Big Shad comes in on fire, hitting Knox with a big boot that knocks him through the middle rope to the outside! Shad turns his attention to the rising Charlie Haas, knocking him back down with a running shoulder block. Shad picks him up and puts him right back down with a powerslam!! You can see the pain on Haas' face, but he gets to his feet rather quickly, and Shad lifts him right back up.. Snake Eyes!! Haas comes staggering out of the corner - SIDEWALK SLAM!! Shad is rolling!!

He helps Haas up to his feet as JTG comes back in, Shad lifts Haas up on his shoulders - and JTG hits the opposite ropes with the fans cheering them on - WICKED CROSS BODY FROM KNOX STOPS JTG IN HIS TRACKS!!

AND HAAS SLIDES OFF OF SHAD'S SHOULDERS - SCHOOL BOY - WITH HIS FEET ON THE ROPES!!!
    3!! Shad kicks out just a split second too late!!

Winners: Charlie Haas and Mike Knox @ 13:02

Haas and Knox exit the ring all smiles, having picked up their first victory together. Shad and the still recovering JTG are shouting at Aces High as they back up the ramp, raising their hands in victory. Shad tries to plead his case to the referee but there's no changing the decision now without physical proof. Commentary mentions that this more than likely won't be the last time these two teams hook up.

And we see Matt Hardy walking down a hallway (still?) as we learn we're going to hear from him, NEXT!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

It's time for the raw rebound! And we see a replay of the brawl that opened up Raw, but the main reason it's played is to hype the two big matches announced for Raw - DX vs Legacy for the number one Contendership to the tag team titles and a WWE title match between Batista and Randy Orton. Our commentary team recap the segments and wonder what will come of the tag team match as it was seemingly revealed Shawn Michaels WONT be at Raw on Monday night.

Then we transition to a replay of this past Sunday night, during the World Heavyweight Championship match when Matt Hardy attacked The Undertaker with the title belt, helping CM Punk retain the title. The video ends with Hardy dropping a contract onto the champion, signalling a future title shot.

*Live for the moment*

And the boos rain in for Matt Hardy. There's a small portion of fans that still cheer, as the Hardy's have been beloved for years - but the majority of fans aren't looking past his actions against The Deadman. JR gives us breaking news that Matt Hardy and CM Punk will have a contract signing on SmackDown next week!

Matt enters the ring and requests a microphone, letting the boos die down

Matt Hardy:
    I honestly don't even know where to start.

"How about with the man you screwed out of the world title!!" Spews JR.

Matt Hardy:
    For the last 4 days I've had everyone I know reaching out to me. Asking me "How could you do that to The Undertaker?" or "Why would you help him?" I've had people I've known most of my life, people I work with, even my own family call me to scold me..

Matt takes a minute, looking extremely serious

Matt Hardy:
    But you know what none of those people said to me? All those people I care about, all those people I've helped over the years. And not one of them called to offer me any congratulations. No "you deserve it" or "it's about time". None of the same things they said to my brother when he got a title shot.

"Because he didn't take any shortcuts damn it!" JR is really angry on commentary

Matt Hardy:
    But that's been all my life. Everybody feels closer to Jeff. He's always been the favorite, but I get it. People feel more emotion towards the sick puppy.

Boos rain in full fledged now. Even the Hardy supporters siding with Jeff here. Matt Hardy soaks them in.

"Woah where did that come from?!" Says Grisham, as he reminds the audience at home that Matt Hardy less than a month ago vowed revenge on behalf of his brother - against the very man he helped!!

Matt Hardy:
    You see just a couple weeks ago, I wanted to get revenge FOR Jeff. But Teddy Long wouldn't give me a match with the champion. Scratch that, Teddy Long wouldn't even give me a match. I had to go around his back just to get booked, so best believe when I got offered a shot at the title… I was going to take it.

A faint "you sold out" chant from parts of the audience.

Matt Hardy:
    I got an offer for something I should have had years ago, a world title shot. All I had to do? Was help CM Punk. Something that seemed unfathomable a month ago, but as I sit at home Saturday night; knowing another pay per view was going to go by without me on it? I decided to take matters into my own hands. I wasn't going to just sit at home and let The Undertaker get a title shot just because he was tired of being out of the spotlight!!

Heat

Matt Hardy:
    So I went out, and I made sure The Undertaker didn't win the championship. I beat The Undertaker. ME! CM Punk, I hope you realize that without my help you'd be buried in more ways than one. I killed the Deadman. I shut the casket on the Phenom! I-

*GONG*

Hardy's face drops to a look of terror

*Lights go out!*

*Rest in Peace*

The Undertaker's music hits to a massive pop from the crowd!! JR thinks Hardy may have bit off more than he can chew, with Grisham noting this is the loudest the arena has got all night.

Purple lights and smoke fill the arena, as we see The Phenom - dressed in his trenchcoat and jacket, walking slowly down the ramp - but a little quicker than usual says Grisham to which JR says he doesn't want to waste any time with Matt Hardy, who looks scared but to his credit he isn't backing down, even timidly inviting Taker into the ring.

He steps up the steel steps, and standing on the apron in the corner he removes his hat - TO REVEAL CM PUNK!!!

MASSIVE HEAT FOR THE CHAMPION!!

JR sounds like he's about to have an aneurysm as the crowd mercilessly boo CM Punk who starts to laugh before grabbing a microphone

CM Punk:
    Oh Matthew, you should have seen the look on your face. That was priceless. But Matt, you've come out here and your thoughts have been all over the place. Your talking about Jeff, Teddy Long, CM Punk, The Undertaker. You've barely given a single coherent thought. Have you been going through Jeff's medicine cabinet??

"Oohs" and boos from the crowd, each man posturing

Matt Hardy:
    D-

CM Punk:
    I'm not done yet. Matt I don't think you recognize the mistake you have made.

Matt Hardy:
    I'm not afraid of The Undertaker. And I'm damn sure not afraid of you!

CM Punk:
    Matt, I honestly believe you. I think you believe that in your heart. You think you can beat The Undertaker. You think you can main event a pay per view with the best wrestler in the business and beat him one, two, three.

Matt Hardy nods his head, saying off mic "your damn right I do"

CM Punk:
    But let me let you in on a little secret. A spoiler, if you will. You're not going to beat me.. I'm going to keep this title and thanks to the clause in my contract, you will never get another title shot while I'm the champion. And you know who else will be sitting around with no title shot and nothing to do but make your life a living hell? The Undertaker.

CM Punk points at Hardy's chest

CM Punk:
    You see it's not about you being scared. Your family is wondering what the hell you're doing because they're scared for you. They know you don't have it in you. They know you don't stand a chance against The Undertaker. They know you're below the first ever Straight Edge World Champion. Anyone that cares about you knows you can't get one over on me Matt. Youre-

Kick to the stomach! Twist of Fate!!

Matt Hardy just got one over on CM Punk!! The challenger took out the champion!! Matt Hardy taunts as the crowd boo (after an initial pop for the finisher)

LIGHTS GO OUT!!

*GONG*

The lights come back on, AND UNDERTAKER IS IN THE RING!!! "Make no mistake about it that IS The Phenom The Undertaker." Major reaction for the much anticipated appearance of the Undertaker.

Undertaker grabs Hardy by the throat!!! CHOKESLAM!!

Cutthroat gesture from the Deadman has the fans going wild!! BUT CM PUNK HITS HIM FROM BEHIND!! AND TAKER TURNS AROUND - CHOKESLAM TO PUNK!!

Hardy starts to stagger to his feet - TAKER PICKS HIM UP - TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!

The Undertaker looks content with his destruction, having gained a small measure of revenge. He looks at the two injured superstars before his eyes fixate on Punk's World Title. The Undertaker picks it up, staring at it - before exiting the ring and walking back up the ramp holding the title

"The Undertaker just laid waste to champion AND challenger, then left with the belt!! What does that mean for the two men in the ring??"

*End Show*

Hi.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Honestly, I wasn’t too keen on the CM Punk promo. I haven’t been following SmackDown THAT closely, but is Matt Hardy face? Or heel? I found Punk talking about how boring Matt is, and then saying he sympathizes with him because he’s overlooked?? According to Punk, Matt’s boring so why does he care if he’s been overlooked – he should be agreeing with it, not sympathizing with it. And, CM Punk saying he is overlooked isn’t necessarily true, considering he’s a multiple-time world champion. Also backing up a little, why does Matt helping CM Punk constitute a title match? I don’t think the GM would have agreed to that realistically. So the CM Punk/Undertaker rivalry continues? At the minute I have very little interest in a CM Punk/Matt Hardy title match, with the way Matt got it, he doesn’t feel like he earned it and it seems the attention is still on The Undertaker. A lot of work will need to be done between now and the title match.

Not a big fan of Cryme Tyme, but I hope you capitalize on their showing two weeks ago.

Good win for Dolph – this was the time that Ziggler was starting to cement himself as a proper mid-carder in real life so glad to see you’re doing the same here. Again, you say that Morrison got lucky, but then you say they both tore the house down, suggesting he didn’t get lucky at all. ‘Haterizin’ what?? Good way to keep some suspense on the show with Long announcing a new superstar each week and Mark Henry seems like a good option to add to the contest.

Khali and Kane? Ugh lol.

I felt you could have shorted the Hart Dynasty match by a couple of minutes. I don’t want to spend near enough six minutes watching a glorified squash match.

I think you need to give Michelle a proper win eventually to legitimize her reign as champion, at this point my interest in this feud is waning and I think it’s time to cut it and move on to something else. It doesn’t feel like Michelle is the type to squirm her way out of matches, and by now Melina should be prepared for it.

Charlie Haas and Mike Knox aren’t going to be the most interesting team in the world, but a good job of finding something for them to do in teaming with each other.
    Hold up! We’re close to the end of the show, and NOW Matt Hardy decides to show up? Fire that man!

13 minutes of Cryme Tyme wrestling?? Brave man. Not fond of either team but I appreciate the fact that you’re doing what you’re doing with your current teams, and not bringing in a team from the indies.

That’s a long-ass hallway.

Give you your due, a hell of a line ‘Have you been going through Jeff’s medicine cabinet’. What’s this clause in Punk’s contract?? I guess we’re building to a triple threat which is better than having a lukewarm match centering around this feud. To be honest the back and forth between Hardy and Punk could have happened at the start of the night, as it just makes Punk’s promo from the beginning redundant. You could have put on a good main event match with one of them and someone else, then have ‘Taker show up.

If I’m being totally honest, I’m much more invested in RAW and even ECW than SmackDown. Nothing really stands out to me on SmackDown as something to be THAT excited about. The mid-card is ticking along nicely and it looks like your starting to build a tag team division to care about, but at the moment the main event isn’t hitting all the boxes for me. We need a BIG moment to happen on SmackDown because at the minute it’s very by the numbers.

Also, a bit of a thing I’ve noticed, a lot of your promos sound the same, the Ziggler portion of the show was decent in that it started to sound more like Dolph whilst reading, but everyone else sounds like it could be anyone talking so I hope you can improve on that. Like I said, more invested in RAW and ECW so I’ll look forward to them, and hopefully, I can get more into SmackDown as the weeks go by!

Also, side note: I just noticed the show was in Canada, so an appearance by the Tag Champs with Jericho would have been a great reaction and potentially could have been used for something big.

Pretty good

Status
      Country                    Ireland

People make this mistake all the time with a Smackdown after a PPV, but it really grinds my gears; BREAKING POINT WAS NOT LAST NIGHT! It was FIVE nights ago! Everything else about the Punk promo was okay. Maybe a bit generic at points, but delivered your points fine enough. Punk completely ignoring that Matt was the reason he retained the title was noticeable, and given how he brutally ran down Matt here, I can’t see how you can sell any interest in Hardy as a title contender. Heel vs Heel is a tough sell as it is, but when one of the heels is just eviscerated like that, then people aren’t going to rally round him, they’re going to sit back and think; “yeah actually, he does suck”

“Shit gets real tonight” is not a line I’d expect to read in a 2009 era WWE thread.

I’m disappointed in seeing Henry jump shows. I thought the stuff from Raw was building to something over there, not as a way to write Henry over onto Smackdown. I’m also not a fan of random multi man matches being made like this one. Morrison is in a lose/lose position; win, and he’s got 3 other guys he didn’t pin crying that they didn’t lose; and he can lose the title without even being involved. He looks like an idiot for even suggesting to defend against 3 or 4 guys. If Teddy wants to keep his roster happy, then do a multi man contenders match; this feels like he’s punishing Morrison for winning the belt.

On another note, I’m liking these teases from Taker. Seems to be setting up for some form of retribution.

Nice use of the location to make the Harts faces for the night, and just right to give them a feelgood win.

Feels like you’re building toward some kind of no DQ, no count out match between Melina & McCool. For what it is, it’s fine, and keeps the women on the show at least.

Credit where it’s due, you’ve built throughout this show to an appearance from a vengeful Taker. The gongs, Kane threatening Teddy and Matt... a really good night long thread through the show.

13 minutes is a long time for a mid card tag match with no major issue or angle coming into it. With 3/4 of the line up being Shad, JTG & Knox, there’s no way that’s going to be a fun period of time. Haas/Knox could be a promising pairing though, I’ll give you that. I’m liking them together so far.

I enjoyed the majority of the Matt promo. I still don’t feel like you can sell a PPV main event of him and Punk right now, but this explanation was solid. There’s been a few too many insider wink-wink comments that’ve been a bit irksome on this show (Punk mentioning ladder “spots”, the IC Title great match speak, and Matt hinting at Punk getting “buried”, and Punk saying “spoiler”) which I think you’d be better served staying away from.

I’m also not believing anyone would buy Punk, dressed up as Taker as being the actual Undertaker. Just could not suspend my disbelief over that one. The medicine cabinet line was by far the highlight of the entire show- awesome put down. Tough to see where it’s all heading with Taker leaving with the belt here, but a decent close to the show for sure.

Overall, honestly, this show was probably more miss than hit. The Punk/Matt/Taker scenario has potential to get really interesting if you handle it correctly, and if you get that right, hopefully the rest will fall into place.

Jam Up Guy

Status

Straight off the bat I'm going to give you credit for the way you wrote CM Punk in this promo. I know you said you listened to promos before you wrote for some but not for others, ad I'm going to guess Punk was one of the guys you did research for. I could actually hear him saying everything he was saying, and felt you got the manner of his speaking pretty good. In terms of content, I thought this was a really solid promo right up until the stuff with Matt. Heel promos have a real artform to them, in that they have to make the person saying them unlikable but without "burying" the guy they're talking about. And in this case this was just far too close to burying for my liking, given Matt Hardy really is a boring midcarder who is best known for being Jeff's brother. With 2 weeks until a PPV, Matt's gonna have to do a lot to sell me as being important anyway, and especially so now Punk has completely eviscerated him and made him sound like a total jobber.

Again, felt the Cryme Tyme promo was far closer to them than you have been doing for other characters. They actually sounded different to other people, and that's a huge step. I definitely wouldn't have had them say "shit" on TV, but aside from that, I felt this was another step forward.

Dolph was always winning this match, but it's the right call. I also thought you got the balance of amount of content for that match pretty much perfect. Enough for me to understand it, not so much that I have to waste my precious time going through paragraphs and paragraphs of a frickin' R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler match. The promos from Ziggler and Morrison were maybe a little generic, but it's Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison, so I would argue that's very much in character for them! The follow up of Henry coming out and the multi man match was fine. I like Henry being there and it feels like a noteworthy thing to happen, but a dry "here's a multi-man match!" approach makes it feel like you didn't have any better ideas to tell a story to actually make it happen, and that's a shame.

Thank you for warning me in advance there will be a Kane and Khali match next week

Having the Harts win fairly easily in Canada is a really simple thing to do, but it's a great idea to give the fans something to cheer bout. I really appreciated this. If you need midcard filler, at least make it something the fans will like.

Kudos for not just ignoring the pre-show match as it was a pre-show match, that's some lovely attention to detail. Not much to say about Michelle and Melina, but it's a perfectly sound way to keep things ticking over.

Really enjoying these Taker references throughout the show.

Oof. The match itself was well enough written, but 13 minutes on TV is a long time for any midcard tag match, let alone one with Shad, JTG and Mike Knox in it. That wouldn't be a good match, and it wouldn't be one the fans cared about if it's going that long. That said, love you coming up with a new team and giving them focus. Putting guys you don't have plans for in a tag team is a surefire way to win me over, as it's a really simple booking trick that gives you opportunities to try some stuff out.

By the way, this is feeling more like a Superstars level show than a Smackdown one right now. We've had CM Punk at the start, but since then it's been all Cryme Tyme, Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool an the Hart Dynasty. Could have used someone of value popping in somewhere tbh, and maybe something more exciting than backstage promos to break up the stream of midcard matches. This feels morel ike a 1995 episode of Raw than a 2009 episode of Smackdown.

I really liked this Matt Hardy promo. Real motivations for doing what he's doing, and yet not motivations you could ever cheer for. That's great heel work. The Punk fake out was fun, although it's the type of thing I think would have been better to have him walk out in his own clothes to the music, or have the lights come up and he's already in the ring or something, just cos there's no way Punk 6 foot nothing Punk is looking like the massive Taker for a whole entrance. But yeah, the fake out was definitely fun. Punk again sounded great in this I thought, and the "medicine cabinet" line was gold. Matt hitting the Twist of Fate was really the only option to not have him seem like a total jobber, and obviously Taker was always gonna be there, and I liked him laying them both out. Not sure about him stealing the belt, that feels out of character for him to be honest. But it did make for a good ending I have to say.

Surprised that that's it, though. I feel like you missed a whole middle chunk of the show out or something. Like, cut the Hart and women's match by a couple of minutes, cut the Cryme Tyme one by literally 8 minutes, and give us a proper main event (that 13 minutes tag match was the main?!) and some interesting in-ring segment/brawl/promo battle between a couple of legit stars, and this show lands a lot better imo. But aside from Taker and Punk (and at a real push Matt and Kane), there wasn't anyone on this show I'd even consider worthy of main eventing a TV show, let alone a PPV, and not really any matches or segments I'll even remember by the time Raw comes around.

Overall, I definitely felt the promos took a big step forward in this show, but the show itself was rather forgettable. There was nothing bad about it, but it all felt like the filler that goes alongside the crazy pull apart brawl between Undertaker and Chris Jericho or something (that's just an example obviously). To not have any segments like that with these segments and matches makes it a rather dull show for me I'm afraid. But if you can get back on track with the content, your match writing and promo improvements promise for something a lot better in the future.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Thank you guys for the reviews and your input! I really appreciate the feedback because you guys point out things I never would have even noticed. I may start doing more recapped promos if I continue to struggle with finding the right voice for certain characters. Knox/Haas vs. Cryme Tyme shouldn't have been the main event, and I wish I used Jerishow on Smackdown as well for that added starpower. I hope what comes over the next few weeks can get you guys interested in the main event scene on SD.

Raw is nearly finished, should be up tomorrow or the next day with ECW up shortly after. Here's a Raw preview.

Raw.jpg

WWE Monday Night Raw 9/21/09 Preview:
    This weeks edition of Raw is going to be a HUGE show. The recently returned from injury Batista has his chance at redemption, in a WWE title match against the man that has held the title since it was vacated, Randy Orton. Will "The Animal" regain his title? Or will "The Viper" strike again?

Also in action, the other members of Legacy; Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr are slated to face D-Generation X one last time. With Shawn Michaels' status uncertain, what will come of this number one contenders match?

After JBL laid down the law last week that there is to be no interference during matches this month on Raw, it has now been extended to no interference AT ANY POINT including before or after matches as well as backstage. How will this effect the proceedings on Monday Night's flagship show?

Last week, Jack Swagger won a battle royal to become number one contender for the United States title, but shortly before Raw went off the air we found out Kofi Kingston will miss an extended period of time. What will become of the United States title match at Mind Games? Will there be an update on the status of Kofi Kingston?

Also tonight, Evan Bourne takes on Chavo Guerrero! Gail Kim will be in action!

All this and much more, LIVE from Little Rock, Arkansas!!

Chikara Trainee

Status

9/21 Raw
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Raw intro video

*Pyro*

The camera pans around the audience cheering, showing off their signs as commentary run down our events for the night, including Legacy vs Triple H and Shawn Michaels who may or may not show up tonight and a WWE title match in the main event as Randy Orton defends against the man who had to relinquish the title, Batista.

*Patriot*

Out comes the number one contender to the United States Championship, Jack Swagger. He's dressed casually but ready to compete, wearing a gray sleeveless hoodie over his singlet. As he makes his way to the ring Michael Cole reminds the audience that Swagger earned the right to a rematch with Kofi Kingston, but we learned at the end of Raw that Kofi Kingston won't be healthy in time for Mind Games.

Swagger enters the ring, grabbing a microphone but is cut off by boos from the Arkansas crowd. Swagger smirks and let's the boos fade before speaking

Jack Swagger:
    You are looking at the NEW United States Champion.

Some boos

Jack Swagger:
    Last week I earned a rematch with Kofi Kingston, but just like his buddy MVP - there's no fight in him. He couldn't handle being in the ring with the All-American American. Kofi Kingston won't be able to defend his title at Mind Games, meaning I am the rightful owner. I-

*Longhorn*

Swagger shows his frustration at being interrupted by the general manager who makes his way to the ring as commentary mention how JBL has tried to be a fair general manager so far, but it'll be interesting to see how he handles this situation.

JBL:
    Now hol' on a minute Jack. You are NOT the United States Champion.

Pop

JBL:
    As of now, Kofi Kingston IS still the champion. I've read the medical reports, I've talked to Kofi. It is advised that he doesn't wrestle until the week after Mind Games. Kofi has asked me to postpone the match until he's healthy.

Swagger rolls his eyes, saying off mic "of course he did".

JBL:
    But unfortunately I had to tell him no. The title must be defended once every 30 days, so that is out of my hands. This was a tough decision to make as a general manager, but next week on Raw, I will have to strip Kofi-

*S.O.S.*

And here comes the champion!! Kofi Kingston steps out onto the ramp, using crutches to support as his foot is in a boot. Kofi has his own microphone

Kofi Kingston:
    Ah na man! I can't stand around back here and not do anything. I worked so hard for this title, I'm not about to just give it away!

Small pop

Kofi Kingston:
    JBL, let me face Jack Swagger at Mind Games… in an unsanctioned match!!

Bigger pop from the crowd as Swagger leans over the ropes, telling Kingston to bring it. JBL chuckles, shaking his head.

JBL:
    I'm sorry Kofi, I can't allow another Raw superstar to get seriously injured. I can't sign off on that match.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][b]
    Heat from the crowd, but praise from commentary for putting Kingston's safety first.

JBL:
    The doctors have already said that-

Kofi Kingston:
    Alright, alright. I get it, but like I told you - I'm not just giving this title away. I have a backup plan.

*I'm Comin*

MVP saunters out onto the stage to a decent pop from the crowd. Porter asks for Kingston's microphone

MVP:
    Now hold on a minute, after what my man Kofi did for me- having my back. I've gotta do something. He put his title on the line to teach that goofball Jack Swagger a lesson. I can't let you just take that title away from him. ESPECIALLY not to give it to him.

JBL:
    I'm not just giving the title to anybody!

MVP:
    Na you right! That's Kofi's title. And it's gonna stay that way. You won't let Kofi take care of his unfinished business with Jack. You know who else has unfinished business with him?? ME.

Big pop as MVP intensifies

MVP:
    Last month he attacked me from behind minutes before my biggest opportunity. He put me out of action for a month!! Then he continued talking down on my character and my manhood! And I may have got my hands on him a little in that battle royal last week, BUT I STILL NEED TO KICK HIS ASS!!

Swagger motions for him to come down to the ring and try it

MVP:
    So I'ma help you out Bradshaw. We're still going to have a US Title match at Mind Games. In one corner, it's going to be big dumb Jack Swagger. And in the other, fighting FOR Kofi Kingston and defending his title for him will be Raw's number one talent, Raw's most valuable player, that's ME…. M. V. P.

Big Pop from the Little Rock crowd. Swagger looks annoyed, but JBL looks on approvingly.

JBL:
    That's a damn good alternative son! At Mind Games, it will be MVP defending the United States Championship for Kofi Kingston against the man that attacked him last month, Jack Swagger!!

Huge pop for the confirmed title match, as Swagger looks on, before leaning over the ropes and inviting them into the ring while commentary hype up the match for Mind Games.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

As we return from commercial, Chavo Guerrero is making his way to the ring for our opening contest.

*Born to Win*

And his opponent, Evan Bourne makes his way out to the ring! Commentary plug next week's Raw, where Bourne will go one on one with Carlito after the two have had issues the past three weeks. After Bourne got a victory over Carlito, the Caribbean superstar attacked Bourne during a match with the Miz. They then highlight the battle royal last week, where Carlito rejoined his brother Primo - and mentions the Colons will be in action tonight!

As Bourne enters the ring, Cole reminds us that Bourne won't have to worry about Carlito interfering tonight, as JBL has put a blanket ban on ALL interference. No longer just during matches, but before and after as well!

Match 1| Evan Bourne vs Chavo Guerrero

Starting with the cruiserweights, WCW style. Bourne starts out hot, showcasing his speed and athleticism. Bourne takes down Chavo with a tilt-a-whirl headscissors and again with a massive dropkick on the return. Bourne looks to fly off the top rope early, but Guerrero hits the ropes causing Bourne to crotch the top rope!!

Guerrero then takes advantage, working over the (slightly) smaller Bourne. After a gutbuster, Chavo connects on the three amigos! He looks to whip Bourne into the ropes - but it's reversed! And Chavo hangs onto the ropes! Bourne rushes in but Chavo back body drops him over the top - no! Bourne lands on the apron, forearm shot to the face! Bourne speeds up to the top rope - FLYING METEORA!!

Bourne gets a huge pop as he takes down Chavo, and he doesn't let up on the energy as he rushes straight to the top rope again - SHOOTING STAR PRESS!!
    3!!

Winner: Evan Bourne @ 5:02

Evan Bourne celebrates the win, holding his neck as the referee raises his hand in victory. Commentary put over the effort by Bourne over the past month, as he builds momentum for his big match with Carlito next week.

We cut to the back, where we see Triple H walking into JBL's office. JBL and Ron Simmons stop their conversation, and noticing that he's by himself - the general manager looks a little confused

JBL:
    Hunter, you're a man short tonight! Where's your pal Shawn Michaels at?

Triple H:
    Yeah, about that. Listen, Shawn needed a little bit more time to recover after what Legacy did to him at Breaking Point.

Triple H puts his arm around JBL, now acting like buddies

Triple H:
    So we're just going to have to do our number one contenders match next week when he's back. I appreciate you being so understanding an-

JBL pulls away from Triple H's side hug

JBL:
    l'm sorry Hunter, but I actually can't do that.

Triple H's smile turns to a snarl, his eyebrow raises

Triple H:
    Excuse me? What do you mean you can't do that?

JBL:
    Well, I need to sign off on the tag title match by the end of the night - so we need to find our challengers tonight. And-

Triple H:
    Listen Bradshaw, you want to be seen as a fair GM, I think you should make the right decision here. It's not like I'm trying to let somebody else defend my title for me. Think about it. You don't want to make an enemy out of the wrong person now do you?

Triple H steps up to JBL, trying to intimidate the GM, as Ron Simmons steps in between the two to diffuse the situation, but Layfield tells him it's okay, that he can handle it.

JBL:
    No son, you listen.. TA ME! My decision is final. I am allowing MVP to defend Kofi's title because Kingston is not medically cleared to compete. I checked Shawn Michaels medical reports this morning. Shawn IS cleared to compete, and he WAS informed of the match tonight. So if he's not here, maybe that's something you're going to have to work out with your friend. But tonight's match will go on as advertised. Now get the hell out of MY office Hunter.

Triple H's nostrils flare as JBL runs down the possible tension between DX members. And he goes to storm out of the room

JBL:
    Oh and Hunter, the wrong person to make an enemy out of… is ME.

We see a promotional video, hyping the DRAFT! Two weeks away! A weeklong event taking place on Raw and SmackDown. Commentary mention that every ECW superstar will be drafted to one of the two main brands, and four Raw superstars will be drafted to SmackDown, while four SmackDown superstars will end up here on Monday Nights.

*Glamazon*

Beth Phoenix makes her way down to the ring carrying the Divas Championship. She's not dressed to compete, as she makes her way to the commentary table once again. Michael Cole welcomes the Diva's champion, while Lawler says he thinks she's trying to take their job. Phoenix responds with "I'm not here to take your job, but it would probably give me more of a challenge than the Women's division here on Raw". Cole mentions we'll see some women's action as Gail Kim takes on Alicia Fox - NEXT!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We return from the break with Gail Kim finishing up her entrance, stepping into the ring - where she's blindsided by Alicia Fox!!

Match 2| Alicia Fox vs Gail Kim

Alicia Fox takes advantage of the sneak attack, putting the boots to Kim. Gail Kim tries to fight back but Fox ducks a forearm attempt, ending up behind Kim where she takes her down with a modified belly to back duplex. As Kim gets back to her feet she's knocked right back down by a big boot from Fox.

After Fox puts Kim in a headlock, Phoenix makes note of the lack of fight in Gail Kim, saying a former women's champion shouldn't be getting worked over this easily. And as if on cue, Kim makes her comeback, punching Fox in the side as she stands up, and back suplexes her!

Gail Kim climbs to the top rope - cross body - NO!! Fox moved out of harm's way and Gail Kim crashed to the canvas!! Fox goes for the scissors kick - but Kim dodges, and FOX EATS DEFEAT!! Gail Kim gets her finisher off out of nowhere! She makes the cover!
    3!!

Winner: Gail Kim @ 3:46

Lawler asks Phoenix if she takes back what she was just saying, as Kim may have been getting dominated but again for the second week in a row she ends up with her hand raised. Phoenix scoffs at the notion, and again leaves up the ramp without acknowledging Gail Kim in the ring

The camera cuts to JBL's office yet again, the GM and Simmons are having a conversation when Chris Masters enters the room!! JBL and Simmons continue their conversation this time, unbothered by Masters arrival until he clears his throat

JBL:
    Can I help you son?

Chris Masters:
    I hope so. I saw your interview last week, and I heard what you said about trying to build the tag team division. And it got me thinking.. maybe teaming with Santino isn't so bad after all. Maybe that's my best chance to win some gold.. So I'm here to ask you to give me and Santino one more chance at teaming together.

JBL:
    Well Chris, I've gotta say I didn't see this coming. I thought you'd want another match against Marella after he beat you two weeks ago..

JBL let's that sit in the air a moment, before continuing

JBL:
    Who's to say Santino even still wants to team up? He almost became number one contender for the US title last week!

Just then, Santino Marella bursts into JBL's office. JBL and Simmons chuckle as Marella stomps in, posturing up to appear as muscular as Masters. The Masterpiece rolls his eyes

Santino Marella:
    Ah misser Layfield-a, we wan' ta show we arrre de best tag team on Monday night RRRaw-a!

Ron Simmons laughs and Chris Masters shakes his head, possibly still unsure of this partnership. JBL gives him a look and Masters shrugs his shoulders.

JBL:
    Alright, well it just so happens Carlito and Primo have a match scheduled against two local kids. Y'can take their spots.

Santino turns to Masters excitedly pumping his fist. He asks for a high five, and when Masters goes to slap hands Santino pulls his hand away, making the Cobra! JBL and Ron Simmons laugh as Masters is left wondering what he's gotten himself into

The camera changes to a locker room inhabited by MVP and Kofi Kingston. The two men are looking to be in good spirits, with Kofi smiling as the US title is sat on his shoulder. Kofi is sitting on a bench with crutches next to him, while MVP is up pacing back and forth

MVP:
    Oooh i can't wait to get my hands on him! It's about time! That boy Jack Swagger tried to end my career before the biggest match of my career. It's about time I get my hands on him! And it'll make it even sweeter to make sure this *pats the US title* stays where it belongs!

Kofi laughs and nods along

Kofi Kingston:
    Yeah mon, he's trying to get this title taken away from me, but it's not gonna happen! I appreciate you stepping in

MVP:
    Of course playboy! I wanted to repay you for having my back last month and calling Swagger out on his BS. Thanks for trusting me, i won't let you down bro

Porter and Kingston high five and bro hug as the camera fades

We then see a split screen image of Batista and Randy Orton! Batista is shadow boxing, while Orton is sat on a steel chair staring intently with his title draped over his lap. Cole hypes the main event, but lets us know that you next is Orton's Legacy brothers taking on at least one half of D-X NEXT!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

*New Generation*

No jobber entrances for this match! Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr make their way out to major boos from the audience. Wearing matching Legacy gear, they strut to the ring full of confidence, with Lawler pointing out they will have the advantage over Triple H. Dibiase requests a microphone as the music dies down

Ted Dibiase:
    A lot of people have been saying that Cody and myself are in over our heads. That we're not ready to be in the ring with guys like D-Generation X, or we're not ready to be tag team champions.

Cody is nodding along with his partner, agreeing with each point he makes

Ted Dibiase:
    But have you guys even been watching? We've been kicking DX's ass for weeks! We kicked their ass so bad, Shawn Michaels doesn't even want to show up for work! And after we kick Triple H's ass again tonight, we're gonna-

*Are you ready?*

Triple H isn't waiting around any longer! He's running down to the ring! Cole says he may be by himself but he's still the cerebral assassin! Triple H slides in the ring and is immediately jumped by Legacy

Match 3| Legacy vs Triple H

Triple H tries to fight off both men, but Rhodes and Dibiase stay on top of him, backing him into the corner as they beat on him. The referee tries to restore some order, telling Legacy to get one of them out of the ring. Dibiase snaps at the referee, barking at him to back off.

But that allows Triple H to fight back! He kicks Cody Rhodes and pushes him into the turnbuckle, then punches Dibiase, back elbow to Rhodes, short-arm clothesline takes Dibiase down! Rhodes runs out of the corner - into a back body drop!!! Dibiase is back up - spinebuster!! Triple H flexes and throws his arms up! Rhodes attacks him from behind, but Triple H sidesteps and tosses him through the middle rope where he crashes to the outside!

This allows Triple H to focus on Dibiase, and he doesn't waste a beat. Getting down on his knees he starts raining down right hands to the skull of Dibiase. HHH helps him up, and starts chopping him in the chest. The crowd WOO's as Hunter backs him into the corner, unleashing knife edge chops on the chest. Letting out all the pent up frustration. He drives his shoulder into the guy of Dibiase before whipping him across to the opposite corner, following in with a clothesline - NO! Elbowed away by Ted Dibiase! Cody Rhodes hops on the apron and makes the tag! Double suplex to Triple H!! Followed by an elbow drop to the chest from Dibiase and a knee drop to the face from Rhodes!

Legacy then use some real quick tags, only stepping into the ring for a short time with the former world champion, staying as fresh as possible while executing as many double team moves as they can. Everytime Triple H starts to mount a comeback, the illegal man makes his presence known. When HHH catches Dibiase with a high knee and tries for a pedigree - Rhodes chop blocks him from behind. When Triple H hits Cody with a neckbreaker, then hits the ropes looking for a knee smash - Dibiase pulls the top rope down so HHH crashes to the outside!!

Triple H crash landed in front of the announce table, and Legacy wastes no time going to work on the outside, as Dibiase bounces his head off the table. Rhodes and Dibiase double team Irish whip Hunter into the barricade. HHH shows the agony on his face as his back smacks across the unforgiving barricade. They look to pick him back up, but Hunter fights them off, causing them to take a step back. Triple H rushes in - DOUBLE BACK BODY DROP ONTO THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!!

Triple H doesn't go through the table, but it doesn't feel any less painful as his body smacks into the table before landing awkwardly next to Cole and Lawler. The referees count is at 6 now, and Legacy notices the count so Rhodes rushes into the ring, while Dibiase starts grabbing the big black wheeled chairs from the commentary table - AND STARTS PILING THEM ON TOP OF TRIPLE H!! Hunter is trying to push his way out of the pile of chairs, as the count reaches 8! Triple H finally gets the last chair off of him - and rushes to the ring, sliding in as the referee is about to hit 10 - WHEN DIBIASE GRABS HIS LEG AND HOLDS ON FOR DEAR LIFE!! THE REFEREE HITS 10!! LEGACY DEFEATS TRIPLE H AGAIN!!

Winners: Legacy @ 8:17

No time to celebrate for Legacy, as Triple H is seething on the outside and he throws Dibiase CRASHING through the steel steps!!

Triple H climbs inside as Rhodes tries to catch him by surprise but Triple H with a big spinebuster!! Triple H pulls Cody up - kick to the stomach sets him up.. PEDIGREE!!

Dibiase clambers into the ring dazed, looking to make the save for his partner, but he takes a boot to the stomach - PEDIGREE FOR DIBIASE TOO! Legacy may have got the win, but Triple H gets the last laugh here as he lays out both men single-handedly!! Triple H finally gets HIS revenge on Legacy, and stands tall as he poses in the ring. But as Cole points out it's just a few minutes too late, as Legacy has punched their ticket to Mind Games, and a shot at the tag team champions!!

We are then treated to a graphic, showing Jeri-Show vs Legacy confirmed for Mind Games as our commentary team run down the matches, which so far only includes the tag match, the US Title match and CM Punk vs Matt Hardy. We're only 13 days away from Mind Games!!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We open backstage, where Josh Matthews is standing by with tonight's challenger for the WWE Championship, "The Animal" Batista!

Josh Matthews:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, joining me today is the number one contender for the WWE Title, Batista!

Big Pop

Josh Matthews:
    Batista, after three months on the sidelines, tonight you face the man who was responsible for your injury as well as the man who's held that WWE Title you had to vacate - Randy Orton.

Batista gives a snarl as he hears Orton's name, but he shakes it off

Josh Matthews:
    I'm sure you've been wanting this match a long time, how does it feel to be back where you belong?

Batista gives a sideways glance at Matthews, then takes the microphone out of his hands

Batista:
    Josh, it's a good start but I am NOT back where I belong. I'll be back when I have that title back on my shoulder. I'll be back where I belong at the end of the night, after I DESTROY Randy Orton and get back the title THAT I NEVER LOST!!

Batista storms off, keeping it short and sweet as the camera fades.

We see a video of an empty gym except for two figures, much like last week. This time however we get to hear from them as we zoom in and see the two wrestlers, one bald and looking to be in peak physical condition, the other with longer hair wearing an Atlanta Hawks jersey to cover up his guy. The bald one speaks up first

???:
    My name, is Antonio Cesaro. Also known as the Swiss cyborg.

???:
    And I am Kassius Ohno, the knockout artist.

Antonio Cesaro:
    We are the best damn tag team in the world, and it's about time we show up and prove it.

Kassius Ohno:
    We are the Kings of Wrestling, and we're coming to take over!!

The camera zooms back out as the Kings of Wrestling stand back to back, looking tough as the camera fades to black

Michael Cole announces that the Kings of Wrestling WILL be debuting next Monday, but we still have more tag team action to come! As up next it's Santino Marella and Chris Masters vs the newly reunited Colons!

*La Vittoria e Mia*

Santino Marella and Chris Masters make their way out together to Marella's music. As they make their way down to the ring we cut to the backstage area from *moments ago*

We see Primo walking when he runs into Evan Bourne! Evan stops Primo, and tells him he knows he's back teaming up with his brother, but that he needs to watch his back because Carlito is sneaky, and is only in it for himself. Bourne says Carlito attacked him two weeks ago out of jealousy, and says if Primo starts to look better Carlito will turn on him like he did a few months ago. Primo stops him there, and says that when Carlito attacked Bourne, it was the most fight he's seen in his brother in a long time. He's happy to be back with his brother, and tells Bourne that HE is the one that should be watching his back.

Bourne takes the hint and walks off as Carlito walks up with Rosa Mendes. Carlito asks what that was about, immediately telling Primo not to talk to him. Primo responds by telling Carlito that he didn't believe Evan, but that he will talk to whoever he wants to. And then they start walking to the ring

*Cool*

And the Colons come out, Primo looking focused and Carlito talking with Rosa following behind, while Michael Cole says that Evan Bourne can't interfere during the match, he's trying to play MIND GAMES(shameless plug for the pay per view)with the Colons.

Match 4| Chris Masters and Santino Marella vs Carlito and Primo

Primo elects to start this match, while Santino insists Chris Masters start for their team. And Masters immediately uses his strength to gain the upper hand. The Masterpiece showcases his muscular fortitude, after some body slams he military presses Primo up above his head before letting him crash stomach first to the canvas.

Masters tags in Santino, who comes in hot with a hip toss, then a sambo suplex. Primo continues to get back up, rushing in with a clothesline that Marella ducks and transitions to a side slam. Marella plays to the crowd, and taunts towards Carlito - but that gives Primo enough time to recover and catch Marella with a school boy!!
    No!

Marella kicks out, and we see Masters looking thankful on the apron, after the school boy being the move that defeated Marella immediately the last time they teamed up. Marella looks for a belly to belly duplex but Primo elbows free and knocks Marella down with a dropkick. Marella gets back up stumbling around right into a hurricanrana! Primo tags in Carlito, who immediately goes to work after a double hiptoss.

Carlito puts Marella through the ringer, with a marathon of big impact moves. Starting with a monkey flip, Marella gets back up into a flapjack, which leads to a running knee lift into a clothesline. Marella reaches out for the tag, but Carlito grabs his hand and whips him into the ropes but Marella reverses course, sending Carlito! Carlito leaps to the middle rope and comes back with a springboard back elbow!! Carlito goes for the pin, but Primo tagged himself in!! Carlito turns around in shock as Primo comes in, pulling Marella up and sending him back down with a swinging snap neckbreaker.

Carlito reluctantly exits the ring as Primo looks for the pin which Masters immediately breaks up. Primo snapmares Marella, and hits the ropes to gain momentum for a front dropkick to the seated Santino. And Carlito tagged himself back in!! Primo asks what he's doing, saying he had this one in control as he starts to exit the ring. Carlito says he's doing what Primo did, and that they need to work as a team. Carlito turns around - INTO A HUGE LEFT HAND FROM SANTINO. And another, followed by one more left hand shot. Santino then grabs Carlito and smashes his forearm into the face of the former Intercontinental and United States Champion.

Santino flexes, hulking up as he parades around the ring. Carlito swings with a clothesline but Marella hits the splits to dodge it, and when Carlito hits the ropes he's sent up and over with a MASSIVE HIP TOSS!! Santino tags in Masters, who comes in with a full head of steam - knocking Carlito down with a big double handed chop, before knocking Primo off the apron!! Carlito gets back to his feet and stumbles into a spinebuster from Masters!! Masters lifts Carlito up and holds him up over his head with a delayed suplex!!

(It was at this point that jman realized what was supposed to be a recapped match is now being written in full. I can't help myself. It's the fuckin Colons vs Masters and Marella. What am I doing? Anyways. Back to you in the studio.)

Primo slides into the ring, causing the referee to force him out onto the apron, which allows Carlito to catch Masters with a low blow!! Lito gets the roll up!
    No!! Masters kicks out at the last moment, but the damage is done as he's trying to catch his breath, feeling for his master pieces. Carlito starts to climb the turnbuckle - but Primo tags himself in AGAIN! Both men being stubborn in wanting to get the win! Carlito looks at Primo and shakes his head, before saying something to Rosa Mendes on the outside.

Masters was able to tag in Marella through the Colons miscommunication, and Marella kicks Primo in the stomach and hits the Santino Stunner!! (Split legged stunner) Primo lands on his back, Marella hits the ropes and jumps up looking for the salute headbutt - but Primo rolls out of the way!! Marella smacks the canvas and gets right up, Primo whips him into the ropes - Masters tags the back of Santino - and Primo catches Marella with a northern lights duplex, bridging into a pin attempt.

But the new legal man, Chris Masters breaks up the pin with a stomp to the stomach. He lifts Primo up and locks him in the Masterlock, turning to face Carlito so he can defend himself. But Carlito never comes in, he just watches on as Masters ragdolls his brother who has no choice but to tap out!!

Winners: Chris Masters and Santino Marella @ 9:50

Masters immediately let's go and celebrates with Marella to a decent pop from the crowd. Commentary put this over as a huge win for Masters and Marella, as they had been doubting themselves for weeks, even having a match against each other after some tough losses. Masters and Marella exit the ring all smiles. But Primo is furious inside the ring, asking why Carlito didn't save him. Carlito is yelling at him that he kept tagging in. Rosa is trying to keep them civil as we fade to commercial.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

We come back from commercial backstage to the locker room of the WWE champion, Randy Orton as well as his sidekick's Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes. The tag team look beaten up, but happy as they picked up the big win earlier. Orton looks focused, perhaps even annoyed at the joy of his Legacy partners.

Randy Orton:
    I need you two to focus. We can celebrate later. I need your help tonight.

Cody Rhodes:
    Randy, you know about what JBL said.. if anyone interferes they'll be suspended.

Ted Dibiase:
    And we don't want to miss out-

Orton cuts him off, and gets a little closer to the face of Dibiase.

Randy Orton:
    You don't want to miss out on your little title match? You only got that match, because of me. And if I wanted you to come down and risk getting suspended tonight - you would do it.

Orton let's this sit a moment, looking over at Rhodes to make sure the point reaches everybody.

Randy Orton:
    No. I have a better idea. Come here.

They huddle close as the camera fades

And cuts to The Miz!! As the camera pans out, we see Miz is standing by with Josh Matthews. The Miz isn't dressed to compete, instead wearing a studded jacket overtop a chick magnet shirt with some high end designer jeans.

Josh Matthews:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, joining me at this time is the.. I'm sorry

Matthews leans over to Miz and audibly whispers "what was it?" To which Miz looks annoyed and whispers in his ear.

Josh Matthews:
    Ah, yes. Ladies and Gentlemen joining me at this time is your future- but also current Television Champion, the awesome one, The Miz!

Boos for The Miz, but you couldn't tell by his big grin.

Josh Matthews:
    Miz, next week at ECW Last Stand you will take on Rhyno for the recently re-established Television title. How-

The Miz takes the microphone from Josh, shoving him out of the way. Putting himself right in the middle of the frame

The Miz:
    Thanks Josh, I really just needed the introduction. I'll do the rest. I'm in a great mood tonight. I found out from JBL that I have tonight and next week off of Raw, so I'll use these next eight days preparing to become the first ever WWE Television champion!

Josh Matthews tries to tell The Miz something but isn't even acknowledged.

The Miz:
    Rhyno, I want you to know - I'm not afraid of you. I only ran because you caught me off guard. Why would I be afraid of an overweight, ornery, has-been that hasn't done anything meaningful in 10 years? So Rhyno, while I'm getting my body in tip top shape over the next week- you stick to sitting at home with your cheeseburgers and milkshakes, and I'll see you at ECW Last Stand!

Josh Matthews again tries to interject, this time catching the attention of The Miz. "What?"

Josh Matthews:
    Well, I was actually here to ask you how you feel about the match that was just announced for ECW tomorrow?

The Miz:
    What? What match?

Josh Matthews:
    It's going to be Shelton Benjamin and Rhyno, against Sheamus.. and you.

The Miz looks dumbfounded, as this is news to him. Miz takes a beat to reply

The Miz:
    Uhh, yeah. No problem. That's uhh.. can't wait.

The Miz scoffs and walks away, clearly frustrated at having to face off with Rhyno before Last Stand. Matthews gives a slight shrug to the camera as we fade out

And Jamie Noble is in the ring, scheduled for a one on one match. Commentary lets us know this was originally supposed to be Jamie Noble vs Mark Henry, but when Henry showed up on SmackDown this past Friday, there had to be some changes made.

*Patriot*

And his opponent is the man who eliminated him from the battle royal last week! The winner of the battle royal, and number one contender to the US title, Jack Swagger. Cole tells us Swagger asked for a warm up match to stay in top physical shape for his title match. Lawler says that's what The Miz should be doing, but takes a moment to admire the fighting spirit of Jack Swagger - putting him over as a worthy United States Champion if he can beat MVP a week from Sunday.

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

Match 5| Jamie Noble vs Jack Swagger

We return from commercial with Swagger in complete control, with no sign of letting up. After throwing around the lighter Noble for the duration of the commercial - Swagger puts Noble in position for a gutwrench powerbomb - CONNECTS!! Swagger could make the pin, but instead he drags Noble over to the corner. Swagger Bomb!!! 1..2..3!

Winner: Jack Swagger @ 3:18

Swagger is on his knees and smiling as he gets the easy win. The number one contender rolls out of the ring and walks back up the ramp, his job done for the night.

We are shown footage of Jeri-Show at a hospital, as part of the make a wish foundation. Show is playing board games with kids while Jericho is rolling his eyes, looking bored and annoyed. Jericho then notices a kid playing guitar hero, and starts playing with him as we see a smile creep across his face.

We cut back to the arena as Michael Cole mentions how Jeri-Show has turned a new leaf, helping Christian last month, and they have been a real fan favorite on a recent promotional tour. Lawler mentions how even Jericho looked like he was having fun, but next week it's back to business as they now know the number one contenders for their tag titles at Mind Games, Legacy.

And with that, as cut to Randy Orton.. who's walking out to the ring, as the WWE title is on the line, with no commercial interruptions.. NEXT!!

…
    …
    *Commercial Break*
    …
    …

*I walk alone*

Out first is the challenger, the man who had to relinquish the WWE title 3 months ago - Batista! Batista comes out, before pumping his arms left to right like a machine gun as the pyro goes off behind him. Then he starts walking down the ramp, entering the ring focused.

*Voices*

Out next, with the WWE title draped over his shoulder - the man who has held the title since Batista vacated it - Randy Orton. Orton saunters down to the ring, not breaking eye contact with Batista as he reaches the ring. Orton finally breaks eye contact, looking around the arena before finally stepping up the steps into the ring.

Lillian Garcia announces this match is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WWE Championship. The referee holds up the title belt for everyone to see as the bell rings and the two men square off!

Match 6| Batista vs Randy Orton

Batista starts off with a big knee lift to get the upper hand, as he and Orton trade right hands. Batista's punches have a lot more power behind them, and he uses that to his advantage, backing Orton into a corner. The referee tries to get Batista to let up, to which Batista barks at the referee. But when Batista turns around, the champion gets a thumb in the eye of the challenger!! Orton then grabs Batista and throws him through the ropes - into the steel post SHOULDER FIRST!! Batista just smacked that surgically repaired shoulder against unforgiving steel!!

Orton immediately takes advantage as The Animal slumps in the corner. Orton starts stomping away at Batista, trying to focus on the left shoulder. Batista fights his way to his feet, but Orton grabs his arm and wrenches it, twisting it before yanking down. Orton uses the arm lock to push the animal against the ropes and goes to Irish whip him, but Batista holds on… and pulls Orton into a sick clothesline!!! Orton's holding his neck as Batista tries to shrug off the pain in his recently healed shoulder.

Batista helps the champion up, but Orton stomps on the foot of the big man! And follows it up with a European uppercut!! The Animal stumbles back, hitting the ropes, and comes forward quickly with a shoulder block!! Everytime Orton gets any momentum going, Batista brings it to a screeching halt.

The champion rolls out of the ring, grabs his WWE title and starts walking up the ramp. Batista, still feeling some pain on his shoulder tries to stretch it out as he watches Orton start walking up the ramp. Batista exits the ring, following the champion as Michael Cole asks if this was Orton's plan. Batista grabs Orton, and brings him back into the ring, throwing him back in

As Batista climbs back in, ORTON GRABS HIM, PULLING HIM IN WITH HIS FEET ON THE ROPES - HANGMAN'S DDT!! Orton goes for the pin, with his feet on the ropes!
    But the referee won't make the count! He sees Orton's feet and pushes them down. Orton is mad, and he walks over to where the title belt landed when Batista rolled him in. Orton picks up the belt, and looks at his opponent, who is getting back to his feet. Orton looks to smash the belt into Batista's head, but is stopped by referee Jack Doane!! The referee takes the belt out of the hands of Orton, chastising the Champion for his cheap tactics. Doane walks the belt back towards the timeskeeper area, and Orton takes advantage with a kick between the legs!!

RKO!!!

Orton makes the cover!

No!! Batista gets the shoulder up! Michael Cole mentions that any neck damage could seriously reinjure that surgically repaired shoulder.

Orton is furious and he starts telling the referee that should have been three. Jack Doane tells him it was 2, and to focus on his match.

Orton exits the ring and yanks his WWE title away from the timeskeeper, but Jack Doane was watching him, and he takes the title back from Randy. Orton and Doane are arguing on the outside - with the champion getting in the face of the referee, but Doane showing his superiority here refusing to back down. We hear Doane tell Orton if he doesn't fight fair he'll throw the match out and -

RKO!!!!

TO REFEREE JACK DOANE!!! ON THE FLOOR!!

HAS RANDY ORTON LOST HIS MIND?!

Winner: No Contest @ 5:02

There's no signal to ring the bell, but it does ring as this match has descended into chaos.

Massive heat fills the arena, as Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are freaking out on commentary, with Lawler taking off his headset to check on Doane. Michael Cole tells us we're going to have to get medics out here to check on the veteran official.

Orton meanwhile takes a moment to look down at the referee, before taking the title belt back, and rolling into the ring. Batista is getting to his feet just as Orton BLASTS HIM WITH THE TITLE BELT RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!

Michael Cole warns us of some commotion going on backstage. The camera cuts to see just outside the entrance to the stage is Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, blocking the path of other referees and two medics carrying a stretcher. Dibiase and Rhodes aren't letting anybody through!!!

Back inside the ring, Orton is lining Batista up again. The Animal, who is now starting to see blood drops coming from his forehead, is using the ropes to pull himself back to his feet. AND ORTON RUNS THROUGH BATISTA AGAIN!!!

"Somebody has to stop this!!" Says Michael Cole, who asks if we're even still having a match?

As Batista lay there, with blood dripping down, Orton has a sadistic look on his face as he looks down at Batista.

We cut to backstage where more referees and road agents have shown up, but Dibiase and Rhodes are standing firmly in front of the entrance. "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY" comes from off screen - and we see JBL and Ron Simmons hurrying past. Legacy immediately concedes and move out of the way, but JBL stops and tells Simmons to deal with the tag team. Simmons starts lambasting Rhodes and Dibiase as JBL walks out the curtain, while the medics and referees rush down.

Meanwhile, Batista is crawling on the floor, and Orton is sizing him up for the Punt kick!!

"NOW WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE, RING THE BELL! THIS IS DONE!!" JBL comes barging out of the back with a microphone, and we see the medics and referees race down to check on Jack Doane. JBL wastes no time getting into the ring with Orton, getting in between him and Batista.

JBL:
    Randy Orton, you are the most yella bellied champion I've ever seen in my life! And that's coming from ME!

Pop from the crowd

JBL:
    You're doing everything you can to get this match thrown out, well guess what Randy - you got your wish. Tonight's match is over. But you WILL defend this title against Batista in a fair match. In two weeks at Mind Games!! AND if you get counted out or disqualified you will LOSE the WWE title! D'YA HEAR ME BOY?

JBL gets right up in the face of the champion.

JBL:
    That's if Vince doesn't strip it from you first for what you just did to senior official J-

RKO TO JBL!!!!

Randy Orton just RKO'd the general manager!! Various road agents and referees roll into the ring to stop Orton, but with the damage already done Orton rolls out of the ring, clutching his title. As he walks backwards up the ramp he stares back at all the carnage he's caused in a short amount of time tonight. With JBL out and being tended to, Jack Doane still out and being helped by medics, Batista is using the ropes to get back up, bloodied, and looking furious at Orton for getting tonights match thrown out. "But no matter how much Orton threw at Batista he wasn't able to keep the Animal down!!"

Commentary make note of that, while mentioning that Orton got out of defending the title tonight - but he will have to face Batista in 13 days at Mind Games, with Lawler (now back on commentary) adding "if he doesn't get fired first!" The show ends with a shot of Randy Orton at the top of the stage, holding his title belt close as Cole asks if this will be the last time he escapes with the belt?

*End Show*

Chikara Trainee

Status

ECW 9/22
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

The show opens up with commentary putting over the fact that we are only one week away from ECW's Last Stand, which will be the final ECW show ever, a two hour event emanating live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in Philadelphia. Matthews and Striker run down the matches already announced for next week; the fatal four way "decide your future" match, the TV title match, as well as the ECW Championship on the line as Christian defends against The Innovator of Violence, Tommy Dreamer.

*Regality*

William Regal comes out to the ring, alone and dressed for action. Commentary give us a recap of last week - when Regal's henchmen faced off in a singles match with a shot at the title on the line. After a double count out, Regal had seen enough and walked off, possibly signalling the end of their alliance.

Striker makes the announcement that next week Kozlov and Jackson will go one on one at ECW Last Stand - with no count outs or disqualifications. But tonight, William Regal will go up against one of his opponents in the fatal four way match next week.

*Gold-Lust*

Goldust makes his way out to the ring, with his robe and wig on, making sure to growl and bite at some audience members on his way down the ramp.

Match 1| William Regal vs Goldust

More of a balanced match than you'd expect, given Regal is coming off a program with the ECW champion, and Goldust is coming off being dominated by Sheamus. Goldust is able to hold his own against Regal, until a moment where he was looking for Shattered Dreams but took too long, allowing Regal to catch him with a nasty looking half nelson suplex. That was followed by a knee trembler, and then the englishman locked in the Regal stretch in the middle of the ring, with Goldust having no choice but to tap out.

Winner: William Regal @ 6:58

Regal celebrates as commentary speculate which show he would rather end up on if he's allowed to choose after ECW Last Stand.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from commercial to see a graphic showing tonight will be the contract signing between ECW champion Christian and his challenger Tommy Dreamer. And another graphic highlighting the main event, a tag team match between the teams of Sheamus and The Miz, & Shelton Benjamin and Rhyno.

Then the camera cuts to Todd Grisham standing by with Paul Burchill and Katie Lea. Grisham mentions Burchill's dominant victory last week against The Hurricane, before following it up by asking why he was trying to add insult to injury with the curb stomp before Yoshi Tatsu made the save.

Burchill states that The Hurricane is a mockery of what he loves about fighting. He says that there's no such thing as super-heroes, there's no such thing as good or evil, just who survives the fight. Burchill adds that Yoshi Tatsu just started a fight he can't survive.

But Burchill is cut off by… Greg Helms!! ECW's resident backstage announcer, who hasn't been seen in months! Helms informs them of a match just made by ECW general manager Tiffany, as tonight Burchill will team with Tyler Reks to take on The Hurricane and Yoshi Tatsu!

Helms asks Burchill what's wrong? "If you don't believe in super-heroes why does it look like you've just seen a ghost?" Burchill just snarls at Helms before telling him he'll see him later adding "now go find a phone booth to change into".

Speaking of Tiffany, the camera shows her locker room door - when someone starts knocking at it. The camera zooms out to reveal Zack Ryder!

After Ryder enters her office, Tiffany asks what she can do for Zack. Ryder says how tired he is of being in ECW, and how he can't wait to get to one of the top tier shows. He says he was screwed over by some former ECW trash last week, and next week he can't wait to see ECW taken out with the trash. He says that he personally can't wait for his open challenge against any former ECW alumni, where he will prove that WWE is notches above the rest.

Tiffany tells Zack she appreciates his panache, and that he should be excited because she has heard from great sources that the Ryder open challenge WILL be accepted by a true LEGEND of ECW.

Ryder nods along, but looks a little incredulous now, knowing his challenge will be answered by someone who almost certainly hasn't agreed with what he's spouted on about the last two months.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from commercial with Tyler Reks already in the ring getting ready

*Generator*

And Paul Burchill makes his way out with his sister Katie Lea. They make their way down to the ring as commentary recap the events that led to this match last week, with Tatsu saving The Hurricane from the Curb Stomp.

*Eye of the Hurricane*

And The Hurricane is out next, dressed in his super-hero outfit, he waits at the top of the stage for his partner

*J-Pop Drop*

And Yoshi Tatsu makes his way out to a decent pop from the crowd. Yoshi and Hurricane nod to each other and shake hands, before they sprint down to the ring and slide in!

Match 2| Tyler Reks and Paul Burchill vs. The Hurricane and Yoshi Tatsu

This is a fast paced, fun tag team match. Reks and Burchill actually show great team chemistry working together to keep The Hurricane on their side of the ring. Hurricane eventually gets some momentum going, looking to chokeslam Tyler Reks - but Reks tosses him aside like it's nothing. Reks tags in Burchill, but Hurricane takes him out when he tries to enter the ring.

Hurricane tags in Yoshi, and Tatsu cleans house. Tatsu takes out Reks before flying to the outside to take out Burchill!! Tatsu is firing on all cylinders making sure Reks stays out, taking him down with a big kick to the head - turning his attention back to Burchill, Tatsu hits the ropes - BUT KATIE LEA GRABS HIS LEG!! Burchill grabs the unsuspecting Tatsu - C4!!!! Burchill makes the cover! 1..2..3!!

Winners: Tyler Reks and Paul Burchill

Tyler Reks joins the ring to celebrate with the Burchill's. Paul Burchill kicks Tatsu out of the ring as the two stand tall.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from commercial with two announcements from commentary as Matt Striker let's us know that after Katie Lea's interference moments ago, ECW GM Tiffany has announced next week Yoshi Tatsu will go one on one with Paul Burchill at ECW Last Stand and Katie Lea is banned from ringside.

They then go on to say that every match next week will be contested under Extreme Rules!

We cut to the back where we see The Miz entering the locker room of Sheamus. Miz compliments the Irishman, saying with how big and dominant he is, he's going to be a force to come for years. Miz makes a point to say that he thinks Sheamus could even win tonight's match single handedly. Sheamus brushes The Miz off, telling him to stay out of his way. To which Miz immediately agrees as Sheamus walks off.

Up next is the contract signing for the title match next week as Christian and ECW legend Tommy Dreamer will do battle for the right to be crowned the last ever ECW Champion.

We're treated to a video package, starting off with highlights from Tommy Dreamer's days in the original ECW. Really showcasing that The Innovator of Violence is the heart and soul of ECW - which transitions to Dreamer's highlights from the modern day ECW. And we see the return of Christian, who would go on to win the ECW Championship rather quickly from Jack Swagger. Tommy Dreamer said he'd retire if he didn't win the title, and we see clips of Dreamer pinning Christian to win the ECW Championship, 10 years after winning it the first time. However, Christian would win the title back and has held onto it until now. The video package culminates with Dreamers words from last week, where he announced he is retiring after ECW Last Stand whether he wins or loses.

We cut to the ring where Tiffany is waiting with a clipboard in one hand, and microphone in the other. She welcomes us all and lets us know it's time for the main event of Last Stand to be made official, welcoming out first- our ECW Champion.

Christian makes his way down to the ring and grabs a microphone, playfully asking Tiffany where the table and chairs are at. Tiffany says she thinks they can just get this done quickly. Christian then thanks her because Tommy would probably put him through it. Which leads Tiffany to welcome Christian's challenger- Tommy Dreamer.

The innovator of violence makes his way down to the ring and grabs his own microphone. Dreamer says he heard Christian from the back, stating he wouldn't put Christian through a table tonight, "but next week once that bell rings I'll throw you through everything AND the kitchen sink".

Both men put over the respect they have for each other, mentioning their battles over the year. Dreamer says he wants nothing more than to retire as the final ECW champion, and Christian replies by giving a peek behind the curtain - saying how much he's learned from Tommy, and how much he's enjoyed traveling the world with him. "So I will take great pride in being the one to send you to the retirement home old man." And then he signs the contract, handing it over to Dreamer. Dreamer looks at the contract teary eyed, before signing it and shaking hands with Christian as commentary hype up the championship match next week.

*Commercial Break*

It's time for the main event, and Sheamus is out first. The Celtic Warrior makes his way down to the ring, looking focused. He wastes no time, entering the ring and waiting for the other participants.

And his partner The Miz is out next, who plays to the crowd on his way down the ramp, stopping to argue with a fan holding a sign that says "GORE". The Miz joins his partner, rubbing the shoulders of the bigger Sheamus, who shrugs The Miz off of him.

Shelton Benjamin is out next, and he's fired up. High fiving some fans on his way down to the ring, commentary mention the rivalry between Sheamus and Benjamin recently, and you can see it on Benjamin's face as he's talking trash to Sheamus as he gets in the ring.

And Rhyno comes out last to a huge pop from the ECW crowd. He pounds on his chest, raises his arms AND SPRINTS TO THE RING!! The Miz sees him just as he reaches the ring and immediately exits to ringside. Sheamus doesn't move and waits for Rhyno to make a move, but the Man Beast is focused on Miz, telling him to get back into the ring. Shelton and Rhyno talk, with Shelton exiting to the apron, and The Miz starts to climb onto the apron but when Rhyno steps towards him he backs up, saying he'll wait.

Match 3| Rhyno and Shelton Benjamin vs Sheamus and The Miz

The two big men start out the match, sizing each other up. Rhyno tells Sheamus he'll give him one chance to tag in Miz. Sheamus looks over at Miz, and punches Rhyno!! Rhyno checks at his jaw, and punches Sheamus!!

The two men exchange blows, with Sheamus getting the better of it, ending up hitting Rhyno in the chest with forearms repeatedly. Rhyno fights back, whipping Sheamus across the ring but the Irishman comes back with a massive double axe handle. The Miz is loving it, with his tag team partner showing his superiority over his adversary. Shelton asks for a tag, but Rhyno tells him not yet. He's not going out like that.

He gets back to his feet, with Sheamus coming over with a running knee lift, but Rhyno blocks it, and tries to clothesline Sheamus - but the big man stays on his feet, flexing his muscles as Rhyno looks at him - AND GRABS HIM, BELLY TO BACK SUPLEX!!! Sheamus gets back up, but Rhyno puts him back down with a big shoulder block!

Rhyno now tags in Shelton Benjamin, who springboards in with a clothesline to knock Sheamus back down! Benjamin dropkicks Sheamus as he gets to his knees. Sheamus gets up again and Benjamin goes for a cross body - but gets caught!! FALLAWAY SLAM TO BENJAMIN!!

Sheamus lifts Benjamin up to his feet, sending him into the turnbuckle and following in with a huge splash!! Benjamin stumbles out of the corner into a short arm clothesline!! Sheamus helps Shelton up, backing him into his corner, and tagging the Miz in. Sheamus holds Benjamin so Miz can kick him in the abdomen. Miz suplexes Benjamin, and floats over into a side headlock. Benjamin works his way to his feet, pushing Miz off. Miz hits the ropes, Benjamin ducks down, and on the rebound Benjamin leapfrog's Miz - but Miz stops and catches Shelton, atomic drop!! Followed by a neckbreaker!!

Rhyno is on the apron trying to pump up his partner, desperate for a tag to get his hands on the man that attacked him from behind two weeks ago. Miz whips Shelton into the corner, tagging Sheamus back in rather quickly.

Sheamus comes in, knocking Benjamin down with a shoulder block. He lifts Shelton up, looking for the Celtic Cross! But Benjamin slides off the back - SUPERKICK - NO! Caught by Sheamus!! Sheamus pushes his foot away, but SHELTON COUNTERS WITH A DRAGON WHIP!! Sheamus stumbles backwards into the ropes - WHEN BENJAMIN USES A CROSS BODY TO TAKE HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE TO THE OUTSIDE!!! Benjamin and Sheamus' bodies are laid out as we head to our final commercial break.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from commercial with Miz in control of Benjamin, and the loudmouth is acting fairly confident now, even trash talking Rhyno on the apron. Rhyno doesn't take kindly, looking to step into the ring which causes the ref to step in between, and allows Miz to start choking Benjamin in the corner. But the referee sees Miz choking Benjamin and forces the break.

Miz tea the referee to get off his back, and looks to hit Benjamin with the Mizard of Oz - but Benjamin spins out of it - T BONE SUPLEX!!! Shelton just caught The Miz out of nowhere!! Rhyno is calling for the tag, and Benjamin reaches out… AND GETS IT!

And Miz tags in Sheamus!! Miz then rolls out of the ring, wanting nothing to do with the Man Beast. Sheamus comes in and Rhyno takes him down with a massive clothesline. And Rhyno stays on top of him, beating on his back as he tries to stand up. Rhyno shows off his strength, lifting up Sheamus for a scoop powerslam. And Sheamus continues to get right back up!!! But Rhyno stays at it! He lifts Sheamus onto his shoulders, but Sheamus rolls off, pushing Rhyno - WHO RUNS INTO SHELTON BENJAMIN!!

The referee signals that a tag was made, and Sheamus looks for the Brogue Kick, but Rhyno ducks - hits the opposite ropes - GORE!!! Rhyno makes the cover, but is told by the referee that he's not the legal man anymore. As Rhyno is trying to figure out what happened, he's jumped from behind by Miz!! Miz lifts him up - SKULL CRUSHING FINALE!!

Miz rolls back out of the ring, and starts walking back up the ramp, exiting after getting the better of his opponent for next week. Rhyno rolls under the bottom rope, as Benjamin starts to make his way onto the apron, as Sheamus is getting back to his feet. Benjamin leaps up, SPRINGBOARD - BROGUE KICK!!!! Sheamus just leveled Shelton Benjamin!! He lifts Shelton up - CELTIC CROSS!! Sheamus makes the cover!!
    3!!

Winners: Sheamus and The Miz @ 10:11

Sheamus beats his chest, celebrating. Seemingly unaware his partner left him, or just doesn't care. Sheamus steps to the second rope with his hands held high, and we see Benjamin holding his head on the ground in the ring, and Rhyno holding his head at ringside who's looking up toward The Miz. The show ends with Sheamus standing tall, as the commentary puts over the huge TWO HOUR FINALE OF ECW NEXT WEEK ON SCI-FI!!

*End Show*

(BattleTank is the man, thanks for the poster!)

ECW: Last Stand
    Full Card

ECW Championship:
    Christian © vs. Tommy Dreamer

WWE Television Championship:
    The Miz vs Rhyno

"Choose your Future" Fatal Four Way:
    Shelton Benjamin vs Sheamus vs Goldust vs William Regal

ECW Alumni Open Challenge
    Zack Ryder vs ???

Vladimir Kozlov vs Ezekiel Jackson

Paul Burchill vs Yoshi Tatsu

**NO PREDICTIONS YET PLEASE**
    Last edited by Jman; 03-07-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Indy Talent

Status

RAW REVIEW
    Okay, so fair warning, I'm coming into this with very little idea of your thread. With that being said, I think I've picked up on the stuff you've got going down. I'm not gonna do a segment-by-segment wrap-up, because that ain't my style. I'm also going to jump around a bit, because I'm a butthead like that. So without further ado.

Your booking decisions. I liked. Most of them I did really like. Legacy getting the count-out win, yes. Nice. Orton disqualifying himself, albeit in a way that felt a bit stunted and weird to me, I don't know why for this one, is also something I liked, especially with Legacy stopping the referees from helping. I was a bit doubtful of the no interferences rule, but I really did like that idea. That I was down with.

JBL was a bit too much a present force over the show for me. I feel like he was used a bit too much as sort of an easy out. The ending segment, I think he should have been in, that's good. I think you could have cut him from the Marella and Masters scene, and just given the two characters some time to really play off each other. The Triple H one, yeah, I can see your point and I did actually like the segment but I also feel like you could have taken JBL out of either this segment or the opening segment, as he seems to dominate any promo he's in. As a character, he's not clicking with me but that might be because I'm not up to date with your thread.

"I'm not here to take your job, but it would probably give me more of a challenge than the Women's division here on Raw" - That line from Beth Phoenix, killer.

Writing wise, show-don't-tell. It's not a hard and fast rule, but there are some fun ways to write this stuff. This line is one that sticks out to me: "Triple H steps up to JBL, trying to intimidate the GM, as Ron Simmons steps in between the two to diffuse the situation, but Layfield tells him it's okay, that he can handle it." For this example, you can really play up the toughness of both men, being too afraid to back down. "Triple H steps up to JBL with his fists clenched and his teeth grit, his brow furrowed but the general manager shows no signs of backing down, standing firm in front of the active competitor. Layfield puts his hand up as his number two takes a step towards the pair." It gives me the same information (albeit it's not great) but it doesn't explicitly tell me what is happened. You did it well in the next line of description: "Triple H's nostrils flare." Give me more of that! For a further example, don't just tell me someone isn't dressed to compete (like in Beth Phoenix's case), tell me that she's in street clothes and walking towards the commentary table, I can infer that she's not competing. Give me the information and then let me interpret. It's a hard thing to do and I am not great at it, it takes practice and sometimes it does work better to say: "JBL is not backing down." But usually, it's way more fun to tell me how he's standing up to someone.

With that being said, I enjoyed your show. You're setting up a lot of things, I just want more! Give me more of your characters, because I think you're writing them well, but I want more of them. Obviously don't have them talk a lot pointlessly, but most promos aren't one or two lines, give me more!

Oh and Kings of Wrestling! :D:D:D:D:D

Good job mate, keep it up. I haven't done ECW... because I didn't realise it was posted when I started reading. So uhhh, whoops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information