Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Wrestlers You Miss Seeing

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Recent Wrestlers You Miss Seeing

I was curious as I watch old wrestling matches is there any wrestlers you miss seeing on tv because they got hurt were forced to retire or not just on TV anymore?

Here are a few of mine.

1. Jason Jordan: I think I was pretty vocal on my support of him because I think he had it all he was great in the ring he was alright on the mic and though the story he was given wasn't great he was def gonna be in line for a decent push but the neck injury stop that. I watch WWE thinking maybe he come back everyweek but nope :/ (plus he had a killer theme)

2. Alex Riley: Man I tell you when Alex was first on NXT I hated him so he did a good job as the heel and pairing him with The Miz at the time was a great pairing. I really turned into his fan after the face turn. Still a huge pop when he did it too. A Ry I thought his future was bright I could see him as the top guy and then it came crashing down. I never understood why. I heard the rumors about Cena sabotaging him tho. Also again great theme top 5 of all time for me. SAY IT TO MY FACEEEEE!

3. Luke Harper: I think we are all in agreement here that Harper is one of the most underutlized talents in WWE. A big man that can go in the ring and is fairley decent on the mic. Buffalo's own should of been added to the Wyatt vs. Orton match at Mania. He had a chance to be a good upper mid card guy. Vince I dont know how you can say you don't see anything in him.

4. Sheamus: I always loved Sheamus... I dont know if it was the Irish thing but he was awesome in my eyes big tall strong and the brouge kick was nasty. I enjoyed him from ECW days through the 1800 Fella and the mowhawk and even was happy for him when they made him mitb and WWE Champion. Then the stuff with Cesaro the feud to lead to The Bar it was great seeing Sheamus succeed. I miss him now.

5. Rusev: What is there really to say Rusev was over. He should of been champion of the people but you kept him as a foreign heel for too long and the iron that was hot cooled. Think Kofi at Mania could of been close for Rusev at his peak. Rusev impressed me when he debuted at royal rumble. He is someone again I miss seeing

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Recent Wrestlers You Miss Seeing

I disagree about Rusev. He's a fine wrestler and a funny guy, but he was also a bit of a meme wrestler with Rusev Day. Like Tye Dillinger but better. His overness didn't have the emotional weight of Kofi.

Anyway, wrestlers I miss:

Tyson Kidd - an insanely talented wrestler who always made the most of what little opportunities he had and always made everyone look good.

Christian - perfect midcard wrestler.

And an obvious one:

CM Punk - I know it's kind of cool to shit on him now, but the dude was a great wrestler and an all time amazing promo/character. He was pretty consistently the most entertaining wrestler on WWE TV for 5+ years. Despite loads of attempts to recapture the magic of the meta Punk character, every single time it has fallen flat. In a WWE where they are desperately calling out for interesting main eventers, Punk would flourish. Face or heel, the guy was incredible.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

I miss CM Punk every damn day. He's legitimately one of the best to ever do it, and people talk shit on him cause he walked out and he's a bit of a dick. As a performer he's unmatched by anyone in WWE or AEW except maybe Daniel Bryan and I don't care what you think of him as a person, missing that kind of talent in the biz sucks.

I know they're all still around so this is a bit of a stretch but I miss The Shield as a unit. They were near unmatched in their greatness as a stable and though all three guys continue to do more or less quality work, I'm very nostalgic for their years as a team, and not the several small comebacks.

I'll second the nods for Harper and Christian, the latter of whom I'm especially fond of. I also miss Big Dave Batista to the point I even got a lot of enjoyment out of his weird little Mania feud and match with Trips. Sad he doesn't get something a little better to go out on.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

I'm right there with you guys on CM Punk. Dude reignited my love for wrestling in a serious way.

Would also agree with Harper and Christian. And Sheamus to an extent.

I'll throw in someone who I'm sure not many other folks give much thought to: Jack Swagger. When WWE were "in" on Swagger, I really liked him. On WWECW, when he won the World Title and when he first got paired with Zeb he was one of my favorites on the roster. He had plenty of deficiencies but there was something there that just never got properly realized. I know he's had a spell in MLW a while back. I'm hopeful he'll sign with AEW, ROH or even Impact at some point so I can see what he's capable of outside of the WWE system.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Sheamus: Not The Bar Sheamus or Mohawk Sheamus, just regular Sheamus with the old theme music, coming out and Brogue Kicking everyone. Always found him a very easy and enjoyable wrestler to watch.

Mark Henry: The Hall of Pain run was excellent and I wish that his sustained main event run would have lasted a lot longer as I thought he was a great WHC.

Christian: I grew up watching him in WWE, TNA and then WWE again, so it does suck that he isn’t around week on week anymore.

Also, I know this one is probably going to be unpopular, but it did take a while to get used to not seeing John Cena on Raw every week. I know that he isn’t done for good just yet, so I’m hoping that he has one more proper run left in him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

CM Punk, Christian, Edge, Jason Jordan. I want to say RVD but he's back with Impact. It's a shame he didn't immediately go there after his WWE run and that he wasted so many years enjoying time away from the ring. Selfish of me, but it's also shitty seeing him back now and looking like a complete stoner, and becoming a shell of his former self. Although he is the better of the ECW bunch.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I'll echo the Dave Batista shout too. Miss him so much

I also enjoyed Swagger, especially ECW run Swagger. Really good wrestler that always seem to be misused at every stage. His ECW character was ideal, and that fell apart when they tried to turn him into an Angle clone (or worse, a Jericho clone after winning the WHC)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shock; 09-14-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Shock Reviews Archive

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Recent wrestlers....CM Punk I'm not sure 5 and a half years is that recent.

I would say I've missed Asuka and Kairi Sane as singles wrestlers this year, if we're being honest they've wasted a year of their careers this year with the tag team. Dakota Kai has been a big miss from NXT this year, their womens division would of felt a lot different with her available this year.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

RuRu.

Rusev is so damn great, but WWE refuse to acknowledge it because I assume pushing Rusev would get in the way of having Brock vs Reigns or Rollins for the 100th time.

I always liked Swagger too. I thought he was great in ECW and all things considered he did well with what he was given in his WWE Title run. Fun ring worker with enough swagger and personality to make things interesting. Easily a Main Event level guy in 2019 as well.

Ronda Rousey, especially heel Ronda which we only got a small taste of.

Relentless Admin

Status

Oh god. Yes Ronda is a miss as well for me.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ronda was easily the best thing in WWE last year so she is a big miss

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Ronda was easily the best thing in WWE last year so she is a big miss
    Def top 5 but not the best thing going

Her as a heel with the horsewomen would be cool

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Def top 5 but not the best thing going
    She definitely was for me. Bryan was the only thing that came close.

Fearless University

Status

We just needed more heel Ronda. Her as the happy to be here babyface taking beatings from Charlotte and Becky was a gross misuse of her. Ronda being a badass bitch is what made her a Star, yet WWE didn't let her be that until the end.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

God I forgot how great Ronda was as champion. She's has incredible star power & 9/10 she delivered. Hope she recovers soon

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Ronda is a great shout. The women's division hasn't been the same without her.

Shock Reviews Archive

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    We just needed more heel Ronda. Her as the happy to be here babyface taking beatings from Charlotte and Becky was a gross misuse of her. Ronda being a badass bitch is what made her a Star, yet WWE didn't let her be that until the end.
    I disagree with this. I can't imagine any woman getting beaten down, bruised, and battered as much as Ronda, and still looking so badass in the process. Her being able to take brutal and stiff shots helped add so much to her feuds and matches. I'm positive she told whoever she was in the ring with to not hold back. That flaring passion with the ability to take a beating, just great stuff in my eyes.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I disagree with this. I can't imagine any woman getting beaten down, bruised, and battered as much as Ronda, and still looking so badass in the process. Her being able to take brutal and stiff shots helped add so much to her feuds and matches. I'm positive she told whoever she was in the ring with to not hold back. That flaring passion with the ability to take a beating, just great stuff in my eyes.
    I know its silly to get caught up in realism in Pro Wrestling, but I could never shake how ridiculous it was seeing Ronda freaking Rousey get beat down by someone as unathletic and awkwardly slow as Becky Lynch. She took too many beatings for my liking before going heel, Becky and Charlotte got the best of her every time until her heel turn, and it made no sense to bring in Ronda Rousey and put her in the plucky babyface role when smashing chicks is what made her a Star.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I know its silly to get caught up in realism in Pro Wrestling, but I could never shake how ridiculous it was seeing Ronda freaking Rousey get beat down by someone as unathletic and awkwardly slow as Becky Lynch. She took too many beatings for my liking before going heel, Becky and Charlotte got the best of her every time until her heel turn, and it made no sense to bring in Ronda Rousey and put her in the plucky babyface role when smashing chicks is what made her a Star.
    She smashed women in MMA, not in pro-wrestling. They couldn't bring her in playing the Lesnar role because they came up entirely differently. Lesnar was WWE-made before UFC, therefore when he came back, they had no problem with him running over their guys. However, Ronda coming in and smashing everyone does absolutely nothing for the division. It's just a big fuck you to everyone who's ever worked their ass off for the women to get to where they are today. It would've made the entire division look absolutely inferior to Ronda, and that wasn't necessary because she already had such a big-star feel and huge presence to her. Playing up her inexperience was the most healthy route they could've gone.

Status

I loved Charlotte unleashing on Ronda. That was one of the highlights of last year for me. Sadly it was after that angle that the wheels began to come off for Ronda as she let the fans get in her head and throw her off her game in promos. She would eventually get it back together but it was tough for the few weeks she was floundering trying to cut promos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information