Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 9, 2019

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 9, 2019

Strange how Corbins been having the best matches in this KOTR tournament despite supposedly being terrible...

Can Shayna Baszler teach Samoa Joe how to do a half decent looking rear naked choke already? As great as Joe is, his choke looks like absolute shit, just looks like he's spooning.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Pretty good show overall.

Big problem with bringing SCSA back though is it just underlines how few stars they have in the company. Nobody feels remotely near to his level of over and he retired almost 20 years ago.

Thought the women's tag was very good and Bayley in particular looked like a star. Charlotte getting the pin was telling, she'll alwyas be a level above of the other three in their eyes. Intrigued to see if by Mania Banks, Becky, Bayley and Flair are all on the same page or not. Thinking they may have something planned in the way that was booked.

The KOTR triple threat was good and I'm fine with Corbin winning if Chad Gable picks up the tournament win and they make a new star out of it. Of course this is WWE so it will be King Corbin

10-man main event was good fun and sets up Cedric vs AJ for Sunday. Didn't need the Stone Cole love-in at the end though.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Strange how Corbins been having the best matches in this KOTR tournament despite supposedly being terrible...

Can Shayna Baszler teach Samoa Joe how to do a half decent looking rear naked choke already? As great as Joe is, his choke looks like absolute shit, just looks like he's spooning.
    Right xD Corbin being liked round here now xD

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Right xD Corbin being liked round here now xD
    Who were his opponents last night?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Fearless University

Status

Its freaking me out.

It still freaks me out how mostly popular/accepted The Miz is thesedays. Another guy that everyone acted like he had zero talent, until suddenly popular opinion shifted, could the same happen to Big Banter?

People's Champion

Status

Its freaking me out.

It still freaks me out how mostly popular/accepted The Miz is thesedays. Another guy that everyone acted like he had zero talent, until suddenly popular opinion shifted, could the same happen to Big Banter?
    Lets not go crazy here. They are both pretty low in my book. Id take the entire 205 live roster over both their talents combined
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Lets not go crazy here. They are both pretty low in my book. Id take the entire 205 live roster over both their talents combined
    Good for you?

I was saying that in general the popular opinion on Miz has changed greatly, he's accepted as being worthy of being a professional pretend fighter now. Of course there are still people who dont like him. Different strokes for different folks. I cant stand the bland, personality vacuums that make up so much of the Pro Wrestling landcsape thesedays.

People's Champion

Status

Good for you?

I was saying that in general the popular opinion on Miz has changed greatly, he's accepted as being worthy of being a professional pretend fighter now. Of course there are still people who dont like him. Different strokes for different folks. I cant stand the bland, personality vacuums that make up so much of the Pro Wrestling landcsape thesedays.
    I think Miz has been accepted by fans for over a decade. It just hardcore fans who dont care about him.

If Raw was only segments and promos from the best talkers...would you prefer it?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Yeah it is weird that when people improve they get more praise.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Whoa is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

That's a pretty bold statement lmao I wouldn't take a single guy on the current 205 live over Corbin or Miz. Maybe if this was back when they had Buddy, Ali, and Neville. Anyone else? Nah.

Status

I don't know why y'all are so excited honestly. Raye has always liked Corbin. I've been a critic of him, mostly during the Constable Corbin run, but I'm more neutral on him than anything. Now if Zero, Shock or CGS come in complimenting Baron he might have really done something.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I wouldn’t go as far as the whole roster, but I’d certainly take Gulak, Lorcan or Gallagher over Corbin. Miz not so much, because I genuinely enjoy everything he does and probably have for as long as anyone around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Steven Spielberg Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Yeah...205 Livecstill has Gulak and Lorcan....

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

I’ve never really minded Corbin. The only thing I actively disliked was the Constable Corbin run but now he’s phased away from that I am actually enjoying him at the moment. I wouldn’t have a problem with him winning KOTR, but ideally I’d avoid another title feud with Seth.

Miz is one of my favourites and has been since the Morrison split back in 2009. He’s grown into one of the best mic workers in the company (if not the world) and he’s more than capable of putting on a good match. He’s never going to win MOTY but that doesn’t matter because he can be consistently entertaining no matter what or who he has to work with. He’s well overdue another main event run.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    I’ve never really minded Corbin. The only thing I actively disliked was the Constable Corbin run but now he’s phased away from that I am actually enjoying him at the moment. I wouldn’t have a problem with him winning KOTR, but ideally I’d avoid another title feud with Seth.

Miz is one of my favourites and has been since the Morrison split back in 2009. He’s grown into one of the best mic workers in the company (if not the world) and he’s more than capable of putting on a good match. He’s never going to win MOTY but that doesn’t matter because he can be consistently entertaining no matter what or who he has to work with. He’s well overdue another main event run.
    Idk that No Mercy 2016 match might have been a MOTY in a less stacked era. Solid 4, maybe 4.5 star match.

Fearless University

Status

I think Miz has been accepted by fans for over a decade. It just hardcore fans who dont care about him.

If Raw was only segments and promos from the best talkers...would you prefer it?
    No, you still need matches.

I dont know some of you spin it to where preferring the promos, characters, drama side of Pro Wrestling means I dont care about the matches. As I've said before, I want a reason to care about the matches. Two guys with zero personality doing an acrobat routine does nothing for me, give me a reason to want to see your character succeed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    He did improve, no doubt. But its not like Miz was garbage up till 2016. He's been capable of having a quality match and been one of the best promos and characters around for about a decade now. Yet in early 2016 it was still pretty popular to act like he had zero talent. It wasn't until that Talking Smack meltdown that the majority finally accepted him as having any talent.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Corbin has grown on me over the last few months and I’ve learned that he’s not as bad as most make him out to be. Those people that do critique him that’s their prerogative I’m not going to try to change their minds. His match with Cedric last week was one his best I’ve ever seen from him, but I also liked his first round match with Miz, his match with Rollins at Super Showdown, and I thought he was the highlight of the mixed tag match at Extreme Rules especially giving Becky the EoD.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Hail To The King

Status

I prettt much always dug Corbin I think he's a guy that has something about him. I love the look hes decent enough on the mic he can go in ring and has a sick finish. When I firstsaw him in NXT he drew me in.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I'm up and down on Corbin. There is something that he has that I like, I can't put my finger on it but then he really doesn't deliver in the matches and it's a let down. For example, I saw a couple of gifs of his Cedric matches where he is throwing him around and looking like a total badass but then you watch a match of his and it's usually just wear down holds that doesn't add anything to the match other than it just being forced into the match. Maybe it's Corbin or the producers but he really should show different things when wrestling or cutting promos. There is something there but he is just lacking that execution.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information