Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs The Miz

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs The

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I just think ETE loves the Miz and hates ex indy guys
    Because god forbid, those guys that got famous outside of WWE can't be better than a WWE home-grown guy!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs The

It's fine to like The Miz, he's grown on all of us, but to say he's just about even with Daniel Bryan

Status
      Country                    United States

The Miz in the ring is John Cena awkward, If he's paired with the right wrestler he can have a solid match, but The Miz is not a great in ring worker to me.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

How is it trolling to be a fan of The Miz and think he's up there talent wise as a Pro Wrestler? Some of the asinine shit that gets spewed forth on this forum like Alexa Bliss being a better ring worker than The Miz, but I'm the one trolling? Is the guy who thinks Cesaro is a better all round Professional Wrestler than The Miz seriously calling me a troll? Are we saying the Miz is worse in the ring than Cesaro is on the mic?

And I never said Miz was a great in ring talent, I said he was a great Pro Wrestler. Too many of you guys have this singular outlook on Pro Wrestling where all you look at is ring work. That just goes hand in hand with WWE ratings being so low thesedays too, some great ring workers but bugger all guys who can cut a promo or work a gimmick. So most casuals have tuned out because ring work only appeals to Hardcore fans. Miz has a complete skill set thats pretty damn rare in modern day WWE. Daniel Bryan does as well but his promo work is vastly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I just think ETE loves the Miz and hates ex indy guys
    I hate ex "Indy" guys who dont live up to the hype like Seth Rollins who was hyped to be this god tier Pro Wrestler, but is actually just a one dimensional spot monkey. I also hate that every guy with Indy cred is showered with adulation while a guy like Miz has to bust his ass for 13-14 years before people even acknowledge he deserves to be a Pro Wrestler, let alone has any talent. I'm a big fan of Samoa Joe, I can appreciate what KO does though think he's missing something, AJ Styles can be pretty damn great at times. Sami Zayn has won me over with his heel work, I like Nakamura because he genuinely oozes charisma. But the Richochet's, Balors, etc who get all this praise but cant do anything outside ring work bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Because god forbid, those guys that got famous outside of WWE can't be better than a WWE home-grown guy!
    The opposite rings more true.

"God forbid a WWE home grown guy be considered on the same level as someone who got famous outside of WWE".
    Last edited by ETE; 09-07-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Status

Bruh, it's 2019 and you're acting like Daniel Bryan isn't a 9/10 on the mic. This isn't indy Daniel Bryan, he's proven time and time again in the last decade that he's an absolute ace promo cutter. Hell the dude had two years where he couldn't even wrestle and was still doing outstanding character work that made him one of the more compelling people on TV at times.

Bryan's the most complete package the WWE has.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

In fairness, the forum ranked The Miz the 35th best superstar in WWE history. Not too shabby.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Saying Miz is at Bryan's level is some B+ level trolling right there.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    In fairness, the forum ranked The Miz the 35th best superstar in WWE history. Not too shabby.
    Yet somehow he's still "underappreciated", so bizarre. It's almost as if this poster's one purpose for existence is to spout shite about Miz. He's like a twitter follower to a politician.

I've said it before, but Miz is fairly rated among the pro wrestling world and pretty much always has been. As a wrestler: shite when he started, capable but unspectacular from 2007-2009, 2010 onwards solid but unremarkable with the potential to have some really good stuff with the right opponent. That's pretty much the consensus and it's a very fair opinion.

As a talker/character: shite when he started, very good from 2007-2009, excellent from 2010 onwards (except his ill fated face run in the mid 2010s). Again, perfectly fair.

I don't know why this guy is stuck in 2006 and think the opinion is that he's awful, but there you go.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    How is it trolling to be a fan of The Miz and think he's up there talent wise as a Pro Wrestler? Some of the asinine shit that gets spewed forth on this forum like Alexa Bliss being a better ring worker than The Miz, but I'm the one trolling? Is the guy who thinks Cesaro is a better all round Professional Wrestler than The Miz seriously calling me a troll? Are we saying the Miz is worse in the ring than Cesaro is on the mic?

And I never said Miz was a great in ring talent, I said he was a great Pro Wrestler. Too many of you guys have this singular outlook on Pro Wrestling where all you look at is ring work. That just goes hand in hand with WWE ratings being so low thesedays too, some great ring workers but bugger all guys who can cut a promo or work a gimmick. So most casuals have tuned out because ring work only appeals to Hardcore fans. Miz has a complete skill set thats pretty damn rare in modern day WWE. Daniel Bryan does as well but his promo work is vastly overrated.

I hate ex "Indy" guys who dont live up to the hype like Seth Rollins who was hyped to be this god tier Pro Wrestler, but is actually just a one dimensional spot monkey. I also hate that every guy with Indy cred is showered with adulation while a guy like Miz has to bust his ass for 13-14 years before people even acknowledge he deserves to be a Pro Wrestler, let alone has any talent. I'm a big fan of Samoa Joe, I can appreciate what KO does though think he's missing something, AJ Styles can be pretty damn great at times. Sami Zayn has won me over with his heel work, I like Nakamura because he genuinely oozes charisma. But the Richochet's, Balors, etc who get all this praise but cant do anything outside ring work bore me.

The opposite rings more true.

"God forbid a WWE home grown guy be considered on the same level as someone who got famous outside of WWE".
    Alexa Bliss has gotten better over the years. Sorry that you refuse to see it since you're blinded by your cock swaddling love of the Miz, but there you go.

How the fuck is that even comparable. Cesaro is not great at cutting promos but when he gets in the ring there's few that are better than him. Miz is great at cutting promos and few in the company cut a promo like he does, but when he gets in the ring that's his biggest flaw. He's similar to Dolph Ziggler. Both can cut promos on the mic, but we've seen their type of matches for how many years and it gets boring after a while. Cesaro AT LEAST switches up his style to suit his opponent.

Professional Wrestling is based on performing in the ring for the most part. It's the basis for getting people to buy tickets. The Promos are supposed to sell people on the fact that this is a feud you want to see. It's a sales pitch, but the product you're buying is the actual WRESTLING. How does this not make sense to you? Well for starters because you really don't know what you're talking about half the time. The reason these guys aren't cutting promos as well as we've seen them outside the fed is probably because, ding dong dumb dick, they have a senile 74 year old man controlling everything they say. The ratings have been collapsing since two thousand and fucking one, so no, the promos don't go "hand in hand" with the fucking ratings.

And that's where you lose any credibility because you apparently haven't been watching Daniel Bryan over the last year, bruh.

People's Champion

Status

The way i look at this is like this

Ill spend 20 minutes watching a Cesaro match. I wont for miz
    Ill spend the 5-10 minutes watching a miz promo. I wouldnt spend that on Cesaro unless its to give him a chance but i know its not going to blow me away

In the end i spent more time investing in Cesaro

Therefore Cesaro wins.

But im on the fringe. Promo skills and charisma will always take a back seat to in ring.

Different strokes for different folks.

If Miz was as good in ring as Cesaro, hed be easy contender for one of the best complete packages in WWE.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-07-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Tbf, Bryan was a great talker for years on the indies too.

It's not even an actual promo, but him hyped up, bleeding buckets after a match with Nigel and going corner to corner, pointing at the crowd and yelling "WHO'S THE BEST IN THE WORLD?!" and every single person on their feet, answering "YOU ARE!" was pure charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Saying Miz is at Bryan's level is some B+ level trolling right there.
    Except ETE has been doing this since he joined the forum and people are STILL falling for it. It's so funny how I disappear for a few months and there's all these new names and old faces have disappeared but ETE is still doing his same "Miz is the greatest" gimmick (that was fresh when he created it, to be fair) and people are STILL letting him derail threads with it. Since he posted, literally NO ONE has actually talked about this match and have let ETE be the centre of attention.

So, moving on to the actual match - this is either going to be nice and solid with a lot of character work from two incredibly charismatic guys OR it's going to be a clash of styles that results in a below average to downright shite match. I like both guys a lot, for very different reasons, but I'm not really looking forward to this. I hope I'm proved wrong but I think it's going to be an oil and water situation and it's just not gonna work.

I'm still waiting for Nakamura vs. Ali. That's a match pairing that really does make my bits tingle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information