Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - September 4, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - September 4, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    September 4, 2019

Jordan Myles receives the opportunity of a lifetime

Jordan Myles has worn an effervescent smile since arriving to NXT earlier this year, and if all goes according to plan, he’ll have even more reason to smile after Sept. 4, when he challenges Adam Cole for the NXT Championship on WWE Network.

Myles wasted little time declaring his intentions and cashing in his contract for a guaranteed title opportunity, his reward for winning the inaugural NXT Breakout Tournament. In setting his sights on Cole’s NXT Title, Myles is also aiming high, deciding to go after the top championship on the black-and-gold brand.

Although Cole initially laughed off Myles’ challenge, there is plenty of reason for The Undisputed ERA leader to take Myles seriously. Even though the high-flying Texan is new to NXT, he’s anything but a neophyte inside the ring, with more than a decade of experience facing stiff competition from around the world. And as he showed in the Breakout Tournament — where he strung together wins over Boa, Angel Garza and Cameron Grimes — he’s a tough man to keep down.

Don’t miss this historic title match when NXT streams Wednesday, Sept. 4, at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

Velveteen Dream battles The Finest

Two of NXT’s most outrageous and vainglorious Superstars are set to collide, as NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream will face Kona Reeves on this week’s NXT.

Although Dream’s NXT North American Title will not be on the line, Reeves knows that a victory against the champion would likely rocket him into contention, a status that has so far eluded The Finest. With Dream perhaps preoccupied with Roderick Strong and his obsession of becoming NXT North American Champion, there might not be a better time than now for Reeves to make his move.

The EST of NXT takes on The Real Black Belt of NXT

With several decisive victories under her belt in recent weeks, Bianca Belair is steadily building the case for why she deserves another crack at the NXT Women’s Title. Nonetheless, The EST of NXT will have her work cut out for her this week when she takes on Brazilian judoka Taynara Conti.

Combining world-class grappling technique with a seriously bad attitude, Taynara has been making waves of her own on the black-and-gold brand. Can the hot-tempered Real Black Belt of NXT notch her biggest win to date at the expense of the almost supernaturally strong Belair? Tune in to NXT this Wednesday at 8/7 C to find out.

Can Breezango keep their momentum going?

Breezango have been on a tear since reuniting under NXT’s black-and-gold banner. Vowing to “reimagine” their team, the fashion-forward duo has achieved nothing but success, putting down the brutish Forgotten Sons in August. Now Fandango & Tyler Breeze look to continue their winning ways when they return to the ring this Wednesday.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - September 4, 2019

I'm going to check out the Cole/Myles match, but this is just fodder for Cole's reign. Shame they didn't let Myles go against Dream for the NA title, feel like that would've been much better.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

One of the better NXT Shows for sure this Week. I would be lying to you if I said it didn't warm my heart to see the reunion of Breezango together again. They had a good opener with Parker and Martel who looked like they belong as well so safe to say win win from this Match from me.

After the opener man did WWE plug in alot of Backstage Segments. We had Myles rolling with Lee getting ready with for NXT World Title Match, Grimes talking to himself saying he needs to win the NXT World Title, and Io attacking Candice with a Kendo Stick Backstage. I knew we would get Io/Candice 2, and that attack locks in it. What interested me the most was Lee rolling with Miles. Now Weeks ago Lee air out his feelings about the NXT Breakout Tourney not liking all these guys coming in and the people in charge forgetting about him. I would love to see if WWE would turn Lee Heel to bring up Myles that was very interesting to see.

Dream vs Reeves. Not really the cleanest of Matches let me tell you and how can Reeves get any momentum going when you see him one Week, and then not for a couple of Months? Anyways Dream wins it, but has to see the Horror of Strong destroying his beloved Couch! Dream is going to respond hard RIP Dream's Couch.

Bianca Belair vs Taynara Conti. I know this was suppose to be a Showcase for Belair who is lost in the shuffle when two major storylines going on in the Division, but hey she looked good in this one. I would say this is the best Conti has ever looked in NXT. She looked ever so confident in her abilities well also showing what new stuff she has added to her arsenal these days.

Cole vs Myles. The Confident Champion played up his role in this Match, as Myles played up just as well the Babyface with momentum going for him. Now I've gone on the record saying how I felt about Myles's Performance in the Breakout Tournament, but he made this opportunity for him. Myles gave it his all, but he found out by the end Cole is a different Animal that he's faced in the Breakout tourney.

Next Week Baszler vs Ripley, and in two Weeks Mia Yim vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair where winner faces Shayna on the NXT Debut Show on USA. Io chances I feel went from high to very low after that attack so we might be headed towards another Yim vs Baszler Match unless WWE really has interest in having Bianca be the lady to take the Title away from Shayna.

Status

My only big takeaways from this week are:

The new Breezango theme is basically a fusion of Chavo and Scott Steiner's WWE themes, with a Breezango twist.

Kona Reeves gotta gtfo. The match he had with Dream this week is the quietest I've ever heard a crowd be for a Dream match. They're gonna need to repackage him or something.

I sense Keith Lee and Jordan Myles will feud soon, which is great. I'm super premature in thinking this, but I kinda feel like Keith Lee might be subbing in for Kassius Ohno as the reliable veteran who can get the best out of your up and comers. Let's hope he doesn't get stuck in that same gatekeeper purgatory.

Hail To The King

Status

I mean my thought is that Myles & Lee will team up for awhile. I still think he was an odd choice to win the Breakout but, Hey idk. What was the whole deal with Stokley Hathaway just showing up in the crowd?

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information