Thread: Draft 3 | AEW Edition 2019

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

All Elite Wrestling Draft 3 | AEW Edition 2019

another AEW thread cause fu Jim now there's like 10 ok

DRAFT 3 | AEW EDITION

AEW has picked up a lot of independent talent over the past few months, however there are still some notable free agents available. Let's avoid naming WWE talent unless we are aware that they are unhappy or coming to an end of their WWE contract sometime soon. NJPW talent is not off-limits, nor are any other independent talents even if they are contracted at the moment. So whether you want the Revival to further establish the best tag division in the world, Johnny to get a new name, or a bunch of fun jobbers like the Beer City Bruisers, let's hear who you'd want to see in AEW!

My Top 3

---

1) TJP -
    This guy when 205 first began, you would never hear his name come out of my mouth unless it was about how much I hate him. However, I like his cocky attitude, and he grew on me over time. He also had one of my favourite themes of all time in the WWE. Him and Neville were the best things about 205 Live for me and I'd just love to see him on a bigger stage again.

---

2) Killer Kross w/ Scarlett Bordeaux -
    Fills a big void that AEW has for big, menacing wrestlers. He has a great look, and he has a great aura about him when he cuts his promos. He legitimately comes off as a serial killer. The addition of Scarlett may hurt or further help his character, I'm not too sure yet, it depends on how they're booked/utilized. However, it's a package deal I'd definitely welcome.

---

3) Jacob Fatu -
    Admittedly, I haven't watched much of the guy. I've seen clips here or there. I love his presence, I love his look, and Umaga was also someone who was one of my favourite growing up, so I have a huge soft spot for this guy. He also looks like he fills a void on the AEW roster.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Draft 3 | AEW Edition 2019

1. Brodie Lee/Luke Harper - I'm dying for Harper to get out of his WWE contract and praying he decides to join AEW. The man is a ton of fun to watch in the ring. He can cut a good promo. He brings something new to the table for AEW. And I'm sure he's hungry, quite like Moxley, to prove WWE and anyone who's ever doubted him wrong.

2. The New Era Hart Foundation - This is one I'm unsure of, actually. First reason being that I think Harry Smith has already stated he intends to stay in MLW, though these are fantasy picks so I feel like that's not really relevant. The second being that I'm not the hugest fan of Teddy Hart and I wanna say he's had some backstage issues in the past, right? AEW doesn't need to add anyone known as a troublemaker, especially when the reward does not outweigh the risk. The third issue would be that the Hart Foundation is so intertwined with WWE, I feel like they'd need to rebrand. None of those things are too big of deals, and ultimately I would happy to see Pillman and Smith in AEW as a tag team with some kind of rebranding.

3. Jake Hager/Jack Swagger - Yeah, I'll probably be more in the minority here but I do think Hager has the goods. He's a dry fucking promo but I think The Elite and AEW would be able to help him unlock some personality or at least nudge him in the right direction where he would come off as a more compelling character. There's not really anyone of Hager's mold in AEW right now, which is a plus. And, as he continues to pick up wins in his MMA career, he should develop a bit of crossover appeal with people who watch Bellator who may not watch wrestling/AEW.

I have a few more shout outs, some of them that I'm not totally sold on, but would be interested to see how they'd do in AEW. So honorable mentions to Brody King, Jurn Simmons, Aussie Open and Matt Sydal.

Also, I would have added Marty Scurll but I'm pretty sure he's already coming over. Didn't want to waste one of my picks on him.

WAKE UP

Status

Sami Callihan - not sure when his deal with Impact is up but he'd be a great top heel to bring in, let alone a potential reunion with Moxley to put some juice in the tag team division

Zack Sabre Jr. - dude has pretty much hit his ceiling in New Japan and wrestled everyone there. Would be a good move for both parties to fresh him up and have an out and out grappler like him on the roster

Low Ki, Austin Aries, TJP - all great workers that could add some star value to the roster until they inevitably piss everyone backstage off

Eddie Kingston - even if he is retiring from the ring (I think he will Funk it), he'd be a great mouthpiece and manager to have

Is Mil Muertes interested in working in the States? I get the feeling its a no, but otherwise he'd be a great monster heel, which I agree they could really do with having on the roster

Fred Yehi - good talent and could be a solid undercard act for them

Hail To The King

Status

TJP is a fine choice
    Killer Kross
    David Starr

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I second Sami Callihan. AEW really lacks a good heel in the midcard and Callihan would fit just fine in that position. Class wrestler that can muck it up in a traditional and hardcore matches (Imagine Sami vs Darby~!). And he is a great stand out personality wise.

I'm going out of the box and suggesting Hechicero. He really isn't doing much in CMLL (shocked) and while his occasional indie matches are a treat, I'd love to see him way more. AEW probably needs a few luchadores anyway. And he would fit the grappler role that AEW really need to break up their matches since they are all blending together at the moment.

Chris Dickinson. I'm stunned that AEW didn't pick him up. Really good wrestler. Reliable to have a good match every week (just look at his Beyond run at the moment). Charismatic enough to even become a main eventer with the right feud.

Status

I'm a big fan of the Sami Callihan and Eddie Kingston shout outs.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Had a thought for this topic....

Super Dragon. Even if only for a match or two, he's got the connection with the Bucks and Excaliber, so it's just a question if he'd want to/isn't too broken down at this point. It'd be a good boost very early on to drive some hardcore fan interest. Dragon/Allin anyone?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I literally forgot he existed until this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Super Dragon would be fun. Even if its just a one time thing. Him showing up and stomping some heel would rule. Only problem is that I'm not sure of people will know who he is just based on look. I don't trust Elite fans to be avid watchers of old PWG tbh.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Mil Muertes is such a good shout. Forgot how much I loved that guy.

Jobber

Status

I would love to see The Revival, Killer Cross and Tessa Blanchard in AEW. As a bonus, any top monster/big dude that is a top free agent. AEW needs some beefy guys in the lineup.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

WAKE UP

Status

I really doubt Super Dragon in 2019 is well known enough to get much of a reaction for a promotion like AEW. His last match was, what, 4 years ago on a one-off? It'd be a handful of people cheering and the rest wondering who he is. Personally would love it of course though.

I doubt Tessa is going to move any time soon as she'll be Impact champ by the end of the year, but maybe one for 2020 once that whole deal comes to an end and AEW have done a better job with their womens division.

On the monsters/big man question - Kongo Kong would be a great get for them.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post

On the monsters/big man question - Kongo Kong would be a great get for them.
    His Impact run was a bit of a dud, has he done anything since then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Freshly Squeezed Royalty

Status

1.) Eddie Kingston. Give the dude a microphone, 5 minutes, and a camera and he's going to have everybody's attention. He's great and deserves a bigger spot.

2.) Jacob Fatu. Dude's an unreal beast who will likely end up in WWE because of his last name, but he could stand out really well in AEW where there aren't many huge dudes aside from Luchasaurus and Wardlow

3.) Kris Statlander. She's one of the most underrated women on the indies right now, absolutely going to be a star in the future and she's only 2 years in. She'd be a fantastic get for AEW's women's division.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

1) Tessa Blanchard - Badly need a female star in the Division and she's argubaly the hottest female in wrestling at the moment.

2) Jacob Fatu - I started watching MLW because of this dude and he's a beast. Very different to anything that AEW have at the moment that's for sure. I'd look at the possibility of striking a deal with Rikishi and what he has going with the Samoan Faction that he was running with on that house show that created a bit of a buzz.

3) Brian Cage - Similar to Fatu, AEW have nothing like him and he's a beast that can go! Could be a great asset to the company.

"LET ME IN.."

Thread Information