Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - August 28, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - August 28, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    August 28, 2019

The Undisputed Era will receive NXT Tag Team Title match against The Street Profits

Love them or loathe them, Undisputed ERA’s Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly were correct when they claimed The Street Profits pinned the wrong man to retain the NXT Tag Team Titles at TakeOver: Toronto. Indeed, video replay indicates that Fish tagged into the bout moments before O’Reilly was pinned.

Following that controversy, Fish & O’Reilly were singularly focused on righting the wrong, and their demands have been heard. This week on NXT, Undisputed ERA’s tandem terrors will challenge Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins for the titles.

Can Fish & O’Reilly hold up their end of The Undisputed ERA’s golden prophecy and claim the faction’s third reign as NXT Tag Team Champions? Or will The Sultans of Swag defend their crown as the black-and-gold brand prepares to go live on USA Network next month?

An epic rematch six months in the making

Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic will look to settle some unfinished business this week when they clash in a long-awaited rematch on NXT.

The two high-flying heavyweights last met in February, and the result was a high-octane, cutting-edge battle that ended in a double count-out, denying the longtime rivals the opportunity to find out who the better big man was in their first clash inside an NXT ring.

Dijakovic’s knee surgery delayed their hotly anticipated rematch, but now that The Rare Breed is cleared for action, his duel with Lee is back on the books, much to the delight of both Superstars. Lee is desperate to get back on track after a pivotal loss to Damian Priest, while Dijakovic looks to make an impact at Lee’s expense in his NXT TV return.

Trust us, you won’t want to miss this battle between giants who move like Cruiserweights. Tune in to NXT tonight at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

Io Shirai continues her descent into darkness

For the first time since defeating Candice LeRae in an instant-classic grudge match at TakeOver: Toronto, Io Shirai returns to the ring this week on WWE Network.

Shirai was an elite Superstar long before she embraced her dark side, but her diabolical change of heart has given The Genius of the Sky an even more intense edge than before. That spells terrible news for anybody unfortunate enough to stand across the ring from her.

Pete Dunne speaks in an exclusive interview

After coming within inches of winning the NXT North American Title at TakeOver: Toronto, Pete Dunne will speak his mind in a sit-down interview this week. With questions about The BruiserWeight’s status on the black-and-gold brand remaining unanswered, expect the longest-reigning WWE U.K. Champion in history to set matters straight.

An in-depth look at Johnny Gargano's remarkable NXT career

Johnny Gargano, the heart and soul of NXT, hasn’t been seen on WWE Network since losing to NXT Champion Adam Cole in an incredible 2-out-of-3 Falls Match at TakeOver: Toronto. With much of the NXT Universe wondering what the future holds for Johnny Wrestling, get set to look back at Gargano’s greatest moments in an NXT career retrospective tonight on WWE Network.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - August 28, 2019

Going to try and tune in this week because this looks like a pretty good show for once. Wasn't a big fan of the Profits v Era match at Takeover but NXT TV matches are usually done differently.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Lee/Dijakovic was really good. Rhea is about to bring some life into a Shayna feud for once, I'm actually really looking forward to this one.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT Discussion - August 28, 2019

I guess Trips has been reading my tweets and we finally get Rhea to come dethrone Bayzler

Io’s new heel persona is amazing
    Lee/Dij was great as was SP v UE 2
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

^ Agreed, Io looks and feels like a star.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

One of the best NXT Shows this Week people watch it. Io gets a delicious squash, while giving us Candice getting in her business again. I always find it funny when a Heel wins clean, and then the Babyface wants another crack at the Heel. Granted Io was going to put Cami Fields on IR, but still you would think Candice would stay away knowing what Io can do. Kendo Stick Match between the two lock it, and damn Io has the Juice and WWE are finally finding that out.

Donovan Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee 2: I could watch these two guys go at it all night long if need be. I love these guys and love when they work together, as it’s always a fun mix of big lads doing big lad things and also big lads doing things big lads shouldn’t be doing. This was really good stuff with a hot and invested crowd. I do wonder what are the futures of both guys, Dream for me would be just put them as a team and wreck shop in the Tag Division.

Welp that wasn't something I was expecting to see with Rhea Ripley arriving on the Scene interrupting Shayna. Talk about a spark of energy came through when she appeared and I loved every moment of it. I've been a big fan of hers, and it's going to be interesting to see a Babyface Ripley. Clearly she's here for a reason and not the Season prepare Shayna.

Street Profits vs Undisputed Era. Well that was a interesting Title Change considering the Street Profits barely had anytime with the Tag Titles. It was a good second half for the Match, but it didn't have that sizzle you would of hoped in this Match should of had going for it. Well at least we get to see this again..

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The Io squash was good. I still think there is far too much of an extreme different from what she was and what she is with no real reason of it but it works so good for her. Something different from being a lesser Kairi Sane.

Didn't really care for Keith Lee vs Dijak. The big man who is athletic routine is fine but I'm totally over it and have been for a while, from these guys especially. And the match really wasn't my sort of thing.

Skipped the Gargano appreciation video.

Ripley vs Baszler should be a fine match. Ripley is really inconsistent but I'm sure the match will be one of her better matches. Baszler against someone who can't "bully" is something I'm interested in seeing.

Main event was fun. Much better than their Takeover match which I didn't love. The Era winning the titles again was expected. I do think the tag division needs fresh blood though.

Thread Information