Thread: Top 10 wrestlers of all time

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

Top 10 wrestlers of all time

In your opinion as far as WWE who is in your top 10 of wrestlers of all time?

Top 10 wrestlers of all time as far as WWE goes:

10- Mick Foley
    9- Rowdy Roddy Piper
    8- Macho Man Randy Savage
    7- John Cena
    6- The Undertaker
    5- Ric Flair
    4- Hulk Hogan
    3- The Rock
    2- Shawn Michaels
    1- Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Top 10 wrestlers of all time

For me, Daniel Bryan is objectively the number 1. Great promos, great character work, best wrestler, manages to make absolutely anything entertaining. There isn't a facet of pro wrestling he isn't magnificent at, so he's my number 1 by some distance.

The rest of my top 10 favourites would be:

2. Bret Hart - wrestles pretty much my ideal style of wrestling, an underrated talker, and helped shape the way wrestling was actually wrestled.
    3. Stone Cold - great character, great talker, great wrestler, was the main guy when I was growing up. One of the greatest all round wrestlers ever.
    4. Rey Mysterio - probably has more good matches to his name than any other wrestler ... ever? Still amazing today.
    5. Randy Savage - kind of speaks for himself, all time great character, and a superb wrestler too.
    6. Mick Foley - The best promo guy in WWE history by miles and miles. Also a complete genius in so many ways, and a very good wrestler.
    7. Brock Lesnar - A wrestler who feels special and unique. Recency bias will call him dull, but he's also responsible for so much good stuff in his career.
    8. Chris Benoit - One of the best wrestlers ever, capable of dragging a decent match out of anyone not named Muhammad Hassan.
    9. The Rock - Another that speaks for himself. Iconic talker, and a very fun wrestler. Only thing holding him back is a relatively short run.
    10. Cesaro - Overtaken a lot of guys to become my favourite TV wrestler. Since joining WWE he's been responsible for so many little gems and his WWE run is stacked full of quality stuff.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah I can't take any list too seriously that doesn't include Bryan in the top 10. He succeed at everything, the best wrestler of the indie 2000s boom and arguably the best wrestler of the following decade for WWE.

Mysterio, Austin, Michaels and Flair would be there for me, probably Kobashi too. AJ Styles pushing super hard to make it in considering how crucial he was to TNA for so long and then, rather like Bryan, succeeded everywhere else he went when bigger promotions hired him. This might sound crazy, but with WALTER very likely to make my #1 spot in the best workers of the last 5 years list, I probably would be tempted to include him at #10 for how many companies and wrestlers he's gotten over.....tad premature but give it a few years and he'll probably have the volume to back that up.

Surprised at no Flair in your top 10 Shock.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah I can't take any list too seriously that doesn't include Bryan in the top 10. He succeed at everything, the best wrestler of the indie 2000s boom and arguably the best wrestler of the following decade for WWE.

Mysterio, Austin, Michaels and Flair would be there for me, probably Kobashi too. AJ Styles pushing super hard to make it in considering how crucial he was to TNA for so long and then, rather like Bryan, succeeded everywhere else he went when bigger promotions hired him. This might sound crazy, but with WALTER very likely to make my #1 spot in the best workers of the last 5 years list, I probably would be tempted to include him at #10 for how many companies and wrestlers he's gotten over.....tad premature but give it a few years and he'll probably have the volume to back that up.

Surprised at no Flair in your top 10 Shock.
    OP mentioned for WWE only, can't justify Flair for his WWE run, IMO.

If it was all time my list would be pretty different. Would have Kawada, Misawa, Lawler, Funk and Flair all on there for certain.

EDIT: My all time list, probably:

1. Bryan
    2. Flair
    3. Misawa
    4. Funk
    5. Bret
    6. Austin
    7. Lawler
    8. Kawada
    9. Rey Mysterio
    10. Ricky Steamboat

Shock Reviews Archive

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Hmmm. .

1. Daniel Bryan - What can be said has done already
    2. Brock Lesnar - I think he was okay for three months of his WWE career but the rest had been nothing short of great. One of the best sellers ever. Incredibly high resume for a wrestler that doesn't wrestle much.
    3. Bret Hart - One of the better wrestlers of the 90s. And while he does have his bad moments (WM 12 & Nash 96), he delivered more often than not in ring. Fine promo and usually got his content over well.
    4. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Short run in WWE compared to others on the list but has a long line of great matches. Bret, Owen, Foley, Rock, HHH. Best character in WWE. Great promos
    5. Bob Backlund - Great matches with Valentine, Slaughter, Patera, Adonis, Buddy Rose, Bret Hart, Muraco. All extremely high in quality. Seriously. If you've never watched Backlund, there are so many matches to enjoy of his. I think he lacks good promos or any key gimmick outside of being a great wrestler which harms him. Shame we never got a Bockwinkel/Flair old man run because based on his BattlARTS, UWF matches he could still go after he left WWE.
    6.Mick Foley - Pretty much turned Taker's career around from being monster hunter with bad matches to what he was. Had some of most famous matches in WWE history. Had great matches with Rock, Orton, HHH, Flair, Austin, memorable characters.
    7. Rey Mysterio - A guy that I never really thought was great although I did like him. But when you think about the amount of matches has had has, it's unreal the resume. And that's not including the little gems he had in AAA. His feud with Chavo lead to some awesome matches (although I thought that was Chavo's baby)
    8. Chris Benoit - Great wrestlers, had tons of great matches, had two of the best SD matches of all time with Brock and Austin. Had a great series with Orton in 2005/06. One of the biggest moments in WWE history.
    9. Eddie Guerrero - His match with JBL is one of the best WWE matches ever. His feud with Rey is up there as one of the best matches wise. Widely charismatic. Awesome tag runs with both Chavo and Tajiri. The Brock match has to be mentioned. I think the only blakc mark on him is really that early run where there isn't many high quality matches and the Angle feud, which wasn't very good.
    10. Greg Valentine - I loved him from a very young age when I got a DVD set of the 90/91 Rumbles and I saw his Garvin match. Had awesome matches with Backlund, one of the best feuds in WWE history over the IC title with Tito Santana (who almost made the list). Terrific tag matches in the dream team, with Santana/Steamboat coming to mind. Not the best character or promo but one of the tough men that stood out.

WWE only was tough outside of the top 5 as it kept Flair, Steamboat and Regal out

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    5. Bob Backlund - Great matches with Valentine, Slaughter, Patera, Adonis, Buddy Rose, Bret Hart, Muraco. All extremely high in quality. Seriously. If you've never watched Backlund, there are so many matches to enjoy of his. I think he lacks good promos or any key gimmick outside of being a great wrestler which harms him. Shame we never got a Bockwinkel/Flair old man run because based on his BattlARTS, UWF matches he could still go after he left WWE.
    He did also manage to have a MOTYC at the age of 56 with Bret Hart at Survivor Series 1994.

Shock Reviews Archive

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    He did also manage to have a MOTYC at the age of 56 with Bret Hart at Survivor Series 1994.
    Exactly. What could've been......sigh

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    OP mentioned for WWE only, can't justify Flair for his WWE run, IMO.
    I should read more. Yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

if we are talking imo of who the top 10 wrestlers of all time are it prob goes...

1. Chris Jericho (guy is still top star the fact that in the ring on the mic and the fact he reevinented himself number of times and is willing to teach and not be selifish but help build a new future stars)

2. Mick Foley (shit he has put his body through and again mic skills are great wrestling wasn't bad.)

3. HBK

4. The Undertaker
    5. John Cena

6. Ric Flair

7. Stone Cold

8. Daniel Bryan

9. HHH

10. The Rock

Ten is tough given that you got guys like Savage/Piper/Edge/Orton/Kane/Hogan/Vince even/Sting/AJ/Batista/Angle. I almost left Rock off but in the end The Rock needs to be on the list. Now this is imo my top 10 wrestlers of all time not my fav wrestler which if I clouded my judgement I allow Jeff Hardy Edge Kane those guys make it.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Raiders go 8-8 in '19

Status

1) Hulk Hogan (Next to Vince, the most important man in the history of the company and the business.)

2) Steve Austin (Great promo, worker and all-around character. The perfect foil for Vince and the right guy to lead the 'Attitude Era'.)

3) Bret Hart (Best WWE worker of all-time. Worked a realistic style)

4) The Undertaker (Vince's greatest creation...ever.)

5) Shawn Michaels (#2 best WWE worker of all-time)

6) Roddy Piper (You could make the case that he was the best promo man of all-time in his heyday. The best WWE heel run of all-time from '84-'86 IMO.)

7) The Rock (What can you say? The biggest crossover wrestling star ever. Great promo guy and solid worker.)

8) Randy Savage (Always had good matches in his prime. The matches with Hogan back in the '80s were really good. Excellent World Champion from '88 to '89.)

9) Mick Foley (A worker who personified the right way hardcore should be done. Little crazy...but that was part of his charm.)

10) Andre The Giant (Good worker for his size when younger. Biggest star in the sport for years until eclipsed by Hogan. A global phenomenon and great gate attraction.)

Thread Information