TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Destruction Tour 2019 (Young Lions Cup) - September 4th - 22nd

ezgif-1-760e09d9fc80.jpg

Road To Destruction

ezgif-1-a84db5586105.jpg

NJPW "Destruction In Beppu " - 15/09/2019

RevPro British Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr.
    IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerrillas of Destiny vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii
    Tetsuya Naito & EVIL vs. Jay White & Chase Owens
    Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Rocky Romero vs. SANADA, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI
    Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles vs. KENTA, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
    Jushin Thunder Liger, YOH & SHO vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
    Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ren Narita & Yuya Uemura vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Toa Henare, Clark Connors & Michael Richards
    Young Lion Cup: Shota Umino vs. Alex Coughlin
    Young Lion Cup: Yota Tsuji vs. Karl Fredericks

-

NJPW "Destruction In Kagoshima" - 16/09/2019

G1 Briefcase Defence: Kota Ibushi vs KENTA
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori vs Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles
    Tetsuya Naito & EVIL vs. Jay White & Yujiro Takahashi
    Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Rocky Romero vs. SANADA, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
    Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, YOH & SHO vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
    Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi, Shota Umino & Yota Tsuji vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Toa Henare, Karl Fredericks & Alex Coughlin
    Young Lion Cup: Ren Narita vs. Michael Richards
    Young Lion Cup: Yuya Uemura vs. Clark Connors

-

NJPW "Destruction In Kobe " - 22/09/2019

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Jay White
    Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo Takagi
    Kazuchika Okada, SHO & YOH vs. SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI
    Kota Ibushi, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles vs. KENTA, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Rocky Romero vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & DOUKI
    Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Toa Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
    Young Lion Cup: Ren Narita vs. Clark Connors
    Young Lion Cup: Shota Umino vs.Karl Fredericks
    Yuji Nagata, Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Alex Coughlin & Michael Richards

-
    Love the added addition of the Young Lions Cup. Not only does it make the Road To Show MUCH more interesting, it gives a great spotlight on all the Young Lions to shine. Calling Umino winning but I'll be cheering for Tsuji - he is the future star of the lot.

Last edited by MC 16; 09-06-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Relentless Admin

Status

Re: NJPW Destruction Tour 2019 (Young Lions Cup) - September 4th - 22nd

I suppose it's a fun thing to include on the tour, does a hell of a lot more for me than White/Naito does (could even see a title switch there). SHOOTER UMINO for the win.

How long has Kramer been wrestling for?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I think Fredericks will win since they will pander to the Western fans. I hope Narita wins since he's the best IMO.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Frederick looked good in almost all of his appearances, so if he got the nod, I wouldn't mind. I do think they'll do a LA Dojo vs Japan Dojo finals.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii vs GOD is now for the titles! Awesome. Would give something Ishii to do outside of the NEVER Openweight Title spot and YOSHI-HASHI could potentially win his first title.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Only 12 hours away from Zack getting one over on Boris and YOSHI-HASHI solidifying his iconic career and finally wins a title. Big things are happening!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Birds Of Prey vs Ishimori and Phantasmo was a hell of match. Ishimori and Phantasmo seem to have great chemistry as a duo.

KENTA vs Ibushi was fun. It was great seeing KENTA play upto the boos and act like a massive dick the entire time.

I hated the YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii vs GOD match. I’ve enjoyed a bunch of GOD matches as of lately, truly and then they revert back to their dull selves. YOSHI-HASHI was a let down.

Tana and ZSJ had their usual match. It was good but we've seen it before.

The Young Lion matches are worth a watch as well. All fairly short.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Birds Of Prey vs Ishimori and Phantasmo was a hell of match. Ishimori and Phantasmo seem to have great chemistry as a duo.

KENTA vs Ibushi was fun. It was great seeing KENTA play upto the boos and act like a massive dick the entire time.

I hated the YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii vs GOD match. I’ve enjoyed a bunch of GOD matches as of lately, truly and then they revert back to their dull selves. YOSHI-HASHI was a let down.

Tana and ZSJ had their usual match. It was good but we've seen it before.

The Young Lion matches are worth a watch as well. All fairly short.
    I was waiting to chat it up with you guys about this Show and finally I'm able to. Birds Of Prey vs Ishimori and Phantasmo was a banger and might of been my favorite Match from this Destruction Tour that has been riddled with Tag Matches left and right. I wasn't really a fan of Phantasmo, but boy he damn sure turned me around if I get more of that, rather than the goof ball. I wonder how others felt about KENTA v Ibushi. It was lovely to see KENTA being nasty and evil attacking Ibushi before the Bell and punishing him left and right. I need more of that KENTA in my life, and Ibushi with his role in the Match gets two Thumbs up. People not like this Match at all, but it shows how much Ibushi wants to keep his WK Title Shot, and how much KENTA has changed since his turning.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A fun end to the tour. Much better than prior years I thought. The Young Lions cup matches were usually fun. The (final) match between Fredericks and Umino, relatively speaking, was excellent. Both guys showed how good they can be. Great basic wrestling. Good finish. It's great for Fredericks. His performances stood out instantly and he was the deserved winner of the Cup. Seeing Kishin Liger return was awesome. Suzuki looked scared for his life, especially when the spike came into play. The build for their eventual match has been so great. Can't wait to see it.

Shingo Takagi vs Hirooki Goto was a very good hard hitting match that you would expect from these two. Shingo was the more dominant throughout, using some of his tricks and big power moves to keep Goto at bay. He showed hints of the animal that he could be. Goto’s selling was good, he was good at getting the crowd behind him and he had an awesome run during the finishing stretch. Good way to gvie Goto momentum to challenge for the IC title. The main event was very good imo. Even after their static G1 match, I was pretty excited for this as I knew that they could do better. And they did. Jay White was very good on throughout the match, I thought. Also adding tons more trash talk to his ever-improving repertoire. Him slamming Naito into the guardrail and saying “there goes the monitor” was a great touch. His playful antics with Naito at the start was a great nod to their entire build. Naito played off White well, hitting some great counters. I didn't care for the finishing stretch though. The momentum seemed to stutter at this point, and lead to a flat ending as a result. Could've trimmed a few bits here and there but there was a ton of great things. Loved the execution of the Goto challenge as well. Whit talking all types of crap about Goto, saying he wasn't worthy only for Goto to just knock him on his ass was awesome.
    Last edited by MC 16; 09-23-2019 at 06:34 AM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well that was a long Destruction Tour that had it's ups and downs, but the last few Shows really pulled through. Let's give a big praise to all The Young Lions especially Fredericks and Shooter in the Finals. Both have tremendous futures ahead of them, and I look forward to all The Young Lions and how to come into their own. When you talk about Moments of the Year, how you an not say Kishin Liger returning if not one of the top Moments for NJPW so far. I've seen Kishin unleashing fury in that Muta Match they were talking about during Commentary, and seeing it again made me so happy. Kishin is evil as fuck, and Suzuki has never faced a Man with such evilness. I loved that Suzuki was exiting Stage Left away from Kishin almost like he saw the Devil himself. It's getting to the point where a regular Singles Match wouldn't do those two justice.

Shingo vs Goto 2 might of been a slower paced that went to Volume 11 in a hurry, but damn was this entertaining. Shingo still and continue to have a Chip on his Shoulder because he wants to prove that he's good enough and a Champion in the making. It's one thing to kill it somewhere else, Shingo is doing it in NJPW and more and more he's bringing in fans of his work because of it. I didn't mind Goto winning the Match getting revenge for his G1 Climax to him, but if I have my money who has a better chance to win a Singles Title this Year it would be Shingo...sorry Goto.

Naito vs White was a heck of a Main Event once both guys started getting to business. You can call this Destruction Tour the Bromance of Jay and Naito because in their Tags they were acting as such. So when it carried over to the Match it was no shock to see, but when the importance of the Match to both guys got to them they finally woke up both guys the Match . White has always had great sense of what to do in the Ring and at the right time, and Naito is always going to give you a good showing down the stretch and I was happy with what he got in this. White's antics after the Match and Backstage put the Cherry on top for me watching.

Thread Information