Thread: Eddie Kingston

WAKE UP

Status

Eddie Kingston

This is more of a discussion thread rather than "I'm definitely voting for him".

I talked about the awesome Tracy Williams match from last year in the Williams thread, but it made think about if Kingston lands on this as he was really awesome there. There is a large degree of recently bias here, but he clearly is STILL awesome and can go, but I think he's spent most of the last few years sort of drifting and in purgatory, so I have no bearing on his consistency. The highs are still really high, but how often are they?

Off head, the stand-out matches are:

vs Yehi, AAW Take No Prisoners
    vs Thomas Shire, Heavy Metal Wrestling
    vs David Starr - the whole fued, AAW
    vs Williams, AIW Hell On Earth
    vs WALTER, PROGRESS

I know he had a big AAW title run which was pretty underwhelming. Has anything he done in EVOLVE been worth checking out? Any other Kingston nuggets from the past few years?

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Eddie Kingston

Well Kingston vs thatcher from beyond’s weekly show this week was delightful and then coupled with a promo afterwards where he continues to be one of the great storytellers of his time.

Bummed he couldn’t make the tag festival because of a family emergency, but the interesting bookings keep piling up for the mad king.

i’ll try my best to fit him in because I think Eddie offers something hardly anyone else in 2015-19 wrestling does. The Starr feud alone is probably going to get him in but I dunno what there is from the earlier years in the project that I should seek out.

WAKE UP

Status

Man, the promo/interview where he talked about not retiring was pretty moving. SO happy he is sticking around.

The Thatcher match rocked, another string in his bow that he can work that type of match and it still feels like the kind of match only Kingston could have. I see he's been wrestling Babatunde in EVOLVE, that sounds interesting if nothing else.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Loved the Thatcher match. Great promo afterwards too. Put it up with the Thomas Shire match from earlier in the year.

Thread Information