Thread: Matrix 4 (TBA)

Status
      Country                    United States

Matrix 4 (TBA)

Matrix 4: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski Will Return!

A fourth live-action film in The Matrix franchise is happening! Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss will return as Neo and Trinity with Lana Wachowski set to write and direct the film.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering the Matrix with Lana,” Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich said. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

Production on the film is scheduled to begin in early 2020, Wachowski co-wrote the script with Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

Plot details on the film haven’t been revealed, and given the ending of 2003’s The Matrix Revolutions it’s not a clear cut answer.

Earlier this year we asked our readers if they were interested in more movies in the series, with 69% of those voting saying “Yes!” In a secondary poll, 58% said they wanted to see a continuation of the series. Looks like they’ll be getting what they wanted!

The three previous films—The Matrix (1999), The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and The Matrix Revolutions (2003)—have earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office and were all top-10 domestic hits in their respective years of release. The Matrix Revolutions was also the first film ever to release simultaneously in every major country at the same hour around the world.

Special 20th-Anniversary screenings of The Matrix are being held at select AMC Theatres locations across the U.S., starting August 30.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Matrix 4 (TBA)

Pretty hype for this. I might need to rewatch all three films because I vaguely remember the third film. I would love to see Chad Stahelski Direct this. He's done the directingfor the Wick films and was Reeves's Stuntman for the Matrix films back in the day.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-22-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Pretty hype for this. I might need to rewatch all three films because I vaguely remember the third film. I would love to see Chad Stahelski Direct this. He's done the directingfor the Wick films and was Reeves's Stuntman for the Matrix films back in the day.
    That's going to be pretty tough considering the article clearly mentions that Wachowski is writing and directing it.

I'm not excited for this at all. The 2nd and 3rd movies sucked and it's been way too long for there to be a sequel now. No buys.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    That's going to be pretty tough considering the article clearly mentions that Wachowski is writing and directing it.

I'm not excited for this at all. The 2nd and 3rd movies sucked and it's been way too long for there to be a sequel now. No buys.
    Give me a break I just got home from work It is going to be interesting how they grab a new audience because the old audience will be there, but how they bring in those new viewers is the question I have.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Can't say I'm overly happy or upset about this. Of course, the first is amazing but the second was okay and the third was arse. So it's not as if they're "ruining its legacy" at this point. I await a trailer at the very least.

As for Lana back at the helm, no issues here either. The Wachowski's output may vary in quality but fuck it at least they're brave enough to try stuff others won't.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information