Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion - August 20, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

205 Live WWE 205 Live Discussion - August 20, 2019

205 Live Preview
    August 20, 2019

Team Gulak vs. Team Lorcan

After their brutal SummerSlam title rematch last week on WWE 205 Live, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan had a heated altercation and had to be separated by WWE officials and fellow Cruiserweights.

As a result of the chaos after the bout, WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick took to Twitter to announce that Gulak and Lorcan would each pick a team of five Superstars, including themselves, and compete in a Captain’s Challenge Match tonight on WWE 205 Live.

Over the next five days, Gulak chose Ariya Daivari, Mike Kanellis, Angel Garza and his friend-turned-rival Tony Nese. Lorcan put together a squad consisting of Gentleman Jack Gallagher, Akira Tozawa, Humberto Carrillo and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott.

Who will reign supreme? Don’t miss this highly anticipated battle during the most exciting hour of television, WWE 205 Live, streaming live tonight at 10/9 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion - August 20, 2019

Swerve and Angel Garza apart of the party lord this Match is going to be killer!

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Give them the whole show!

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

So what did everyone think about this 10 Man Captain’s Challenge Elimination Rules Tag Match? I thought my hype level was too high and I was a little disappointed by the Match, but still a fun one to watch. Just wished the fans were awake during the Show bunch of sleep walkers out there. It made me want to see more of Swerve and Angel Garza, while also continuing the feud with Lorcan and Gulak, and lastly giving Humberto the win showing he might be in the next in line after Lorcan to face Gulak. Swerve my MVP of this Match though.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

WAKE UP

Status

I thought the match was OK, but way too many crappy guys on the heel side meant a lot of dead air. Nese and Kinellis add no value, Davari looks skeezy but is also pretty worthless. Garza shows lots of potential, and holy shit does he look the spit of his uncle. Carrillio adds next to nothing, cannot believe he tagged out after literally 5 seconds against Garza after Oney gave him a hot tag in. Perfect opportunity to do something exciting but just didn't fancy it. But ultimately, no strong focus or story through the match and the action was pretty 'first gear' for most of it.

Thought Swerve looked good, kind of reminds me of 2 Cold Scorpio at times. Would be down for Gulak vs Scott II after this match. Lorcan running wild was pretty great but Gulak getting DQ'd felt cheap.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I don't think having a 50 minute match for crowds who are already worn out from Smackdown and never enthusiastic for 205 Live to begin with was a good idea. I watched the damn 10 minute highlight on YouTube and even I was snoozing at the halfway mark.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Give them the whole show!
    That backfired

Yeah wasn't the best match, really dragged and people like Daivari lasting that long wasn't a good idea at all.

Thread Information