Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NXT Moving to USA Network - The Wednesday Night Wars are here

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT Moving to USA Network - The Wednesday Night Wars are here

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    You know Roman Reigns will make his way to Nxt within a week of them debuting, or on the opening night.
    There's a chance it could go back to how it was in 2012-2013 where they'd have a guest star from the main roster every now and then.

Looking at it from another perspective, this makes NXT a more logical part of the WWE. NXT has always been a money loser for the WWE. If they can get on USA and actually be a success, unlike the original NXT, WWECW, Main Event, Superstars, ect they're suddenly going to be responsible for the WWE making some money with that sweet, sweet TV rights revenue. In addition, it gives notable wrestlers an actual reason to be in NXT. For years, one of the biggest issues with NXT is that the company has been keeping TV ready guys down in development where they're not able to help the company make money and it's ultimately wasting the WWE investment in them to miss out on years of a wrestler's contract working in front of hundreds of fans instead of thousands. I may hate the guy, but there's no reason for someone like Johnny Gargano to be stuck in developmental for four damn years. I think by now he knows where the hard camera is.

Considering how often WWE is signing new indie talent, I don't think NXT would be hurting from a lack of depth. They're already at a point where half of their big indie signings can't get booked on TakeOver because there's too many guys.

Could this ruin NXT? Quite possibly. If it ends up drawing WWECW ratings, it's not going to remain on the air and Vince having a bigger role in the content could cause already existing fans to turn away from the brand. However, I don't see much of a downside considering the positives that this will bring to NXT.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I’m not convinced AEW had anything to do with it, I think Vince finally tuned in and realised they stopped the reality show format without telling him.

WEEEE ARRREEE WIIILD AND YOUUUUNGGG

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I think NXT won't be too bad with a slightly extended time. An extra half hour or hour, tops, for the guys like Keith Lee or various PC talents to get a bit of extra shine instead of appearing once every two months. But anything more than that, and it'll get over saturated quick. My bigger worry is whether NXT being on a now televised network will mean it'll be a delay before it's on the WWE Network. Like, isn't it a month or so delay before recently televised episodes of Raw and Smackdown are on the Network? If NXT gets the same delay deal then it'll be a blow to the 'instantly accessible at ???pm every Wednesday on the WWE Network' audience.

or something, idk.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Relentless Admin

Status

The move has just been confirmed on their twitter

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

NXT is going to lose alot of its fan base i think soley because NXT felt like a indy program compared to being in wwe it felt like its own world.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    There's a chance it could go back to how it was in 2012-2013 where they'd have a guest star from the main roster every now and then.
    From the article I read, they will be having regular main roster guest stars on NXT when it moves to a 2 hour show.

I don't watch NXT. Never have. I've been watching WWE since late 2003, both Raw and SD, but never bothered with ECW because the original ECW was before my time and I didn't want to have to watch another hour of what was clearly C-Show TV, so I've never watched ECW for similar reasons and will continue not to.

However, from what I've heard a lot of people prefer NXT though I also hear a lot lately that it's quality has dropped over the past year or so.

From what I can gather, all the chatter sounds like all the stuff you wouldn't want to hear if you are someone who prefers NXT over Raw/SD. Vince being heavily involved, moving to 2 hours, moving to main TV and having regular main roster guest appearances. Depends how true the Vince bit is what with XFL coming up. I'd be worried as an NXT fan that all this adds up to NXT just becoming the new version of the ECW revival, and that it will be gone in a few years.

All that said; I'm old and don't like change, so if it were up to me they would still have something like FCW instead of NXT so that new call ups are new and come to the main roster with some differences to the character they were using in development. I miss the days of someone like Carlito being hyped with vignettes for a few weeks before debuting. I just miss the older days in general.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

So many mixed emotions and feeling's about this news. I'm worried- not going to lie

2 hours with the same booking, same format, presentation and style- I'm good with that.

2 hours with Vince getting hands on, "wildcard" appearances and WWE style format and presentation- No thank you, I'm good.

Interesting move! I don't see any issues with NXT losing fans because of this, and the roster is more then deep enough to handle the situation in my opinion.

"LET ME IN.."

Mid-Card Champion

Status

While the two hours will help get more of the talent on the show, I’m still going to watch it later or the day after. Maybe this move will help freshen up their weekly shows. For me, it hasn’t really been must watch outside of Takeovers.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I wasn’t sure how to feel at first but I’ve thought about it, and I’m happy for the talent that will get to showcase themselves on a main stream television network to a wider audience.

This should be good, I’ll try to remain optimistic.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    It's also gonna hurt it for me if this means NXT will be delayed coming on the Network. I already pirate SD and Raw as it is. It's gonna get risky if I have add two more hours of pirating time onto that.
    Just stop pirating shitty shows.

As a semi fan of NXT, im not thrilled about it.
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-20-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Most likely NXT will become like WWECW if Vince's comments to try and make it like Raw and SD are true.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The more that I think about it, I don’t believe that Vince will be as hands on with it as we think but who knows for certain. It’s not like he’ll be in Florida every week for a taping, maybe on call but probably not in person. Again, who knows for sure.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Never seen a single episode of NXT. Not my type of a show. Might check out the first episode on USA though.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Their roster is not deep enough for this. Shayna is already stale AF, UE has done it all in the past 2 years already, and Gargano has done it all and more. 2 hours isn't going to help with the aforementioned, they're going to need to merge the NXT UK or 205 rosters with NXT in order to make this work.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Their roster is absolutely big enough for it. The amount of people signed that don't make tv is hilarious. The core roster is stale but they have tons on the sidelines that are stuck on the Florida Loop.

Relentless Admin

Status

They have about 100 wrestlers signed to contracts they have more than enough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Not to mention, it's only an additional hour, which will include the requisite amount of commercials. The show will probably run for about an hour and half max with those factored in, meaning they really only need to fill about 40 minutes of extra time. They have more than enough warm bodies to accomplish that while still having some left on the sidelines.

EDIT: Also, saying it's going to lose a large part of its fan base is a ridiculous assumption. There's going to be more eyes on the product than ever before, which should, in theory, help grow the base.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-21-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Their roster is not deep enough for this. Shayna is already stale AF, UE has done it all in the past 2 years already, and Gargano has done it all and more. 2 hours isn't going to help with the aforementioned, they're going to need to merge the NXT UK or 205 rosters with NXT in order to make this work.
    Given recent spoilers she may drop the title next Takeover. I love Shayna I love NXT but Im pretty bummed if Vince puts his hands on it the only good thing to come of Vince being on hand is that he will pick a NXT Star and push them better on main roster but it only be a handful he prob be looking at the stars rn and go Gargano 205 Live and Kona Reeves WWE Champion :P.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Say My Name

Status

I don't think it going two hours is a problem.

The possible problem is Vince starting to take control and main roster guys and girls getting parachuted in. NXT is perceived to be different from RAW and SD and that's why people like it so if it just becomes another RAW or SD then this is going to be a huge flop.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens for sure though.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Thread Information