Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Still moving forward. Still plugging away. And great to hear (err read) that there is anticipation for the end product.

Had yesterday off of work but it was the dog's birthday so we were busy with that. But I did manage to get a bit done. Got back to adding workers. For no particular reason, i decided to cycle between active male, active female, yet-to-debut male and yet-to-debut female. The combined list of all 4 is 450 names long and they all need to go in, so I just started adding from each list. I will probably end up focusing more on the active workers as the yet-to-debut list is less vital to have in the data. I do also have a load of non-wrestlers to go in as well.

As I've mentioned before, I keep fighting the urge to do a bunch of testing and tweaking. That process isn't far away now but still need to get the game world a bit more finished up.
    Awesome!

And Happy belated Birthday to the Dog! :D

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Awesome!

And Happy belated Birthday to the Dog! :D
    I will pass that along.

Doubt i will keep doing the rotation between adding all the different types. The focus really should be on adding the active talent. But it was kinda cool to get a few notable debutantes in there like Shotaro Ashino and Tessa Blanchard.

I did decide to tackle a couple of WWE belts without lineages done yet, which led me to realize I'm missing a couple of workers who need to be there. No one ground-breaking, but Joey Matthews and Elijah Burke still need to go in. Also realized that what is going to be a pain in the ass will be doing the inactive belts in the WWE. They aren't absolutely necessary, but with how the WWE combined belts at times, its kinda nice to have the belts that were put together to create a unified whatever. That's the kind of thing I can do during or after the testing phase as they really aren't necessary to be in the data, but it just helps feel complete to me.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

This was a busier weekend than I'm used to and I played quite a bit of Out of Park Baseball. Still got some work done. Zero1 has a close to complete schedule now. I'm going to do some work on the wXw schedule now too. Zero1 doesn't have any titles done yet so that will be something I might tackle soon as well.

One small issue that was brought to my attention recently that Ring of Honor had no Major Stars. And only a couple of stars. I'm not ENTIRELY sure that would be inaccurate for this period of ROH but I dropped the company popularity a little bit and it looks better. the company is still very playable and stable so no issue there. Its going to be hard to get a 90+ match for the first bit in ROH but again.... I'm not so sure that's inaccurate to the time period.

this weekend also looks a bit messy. Summer time and all that jazz.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

I also dropped the popularity for wXw as I think it was a bit too high. Like maybe where westside would be at their peak, which was a few years after 2013. But wXw has a completed schedule and i did the lineage for the main title. Still need to do the tag team titles.

Its weird that getting schedules and title lineages done doesn't really feel like progress as much as when I'm adding workers. But its really progress either way. And some of the workers who go in are hardly ones who bring a lot of value - some are free agents who are petty low level, or maybe a low level part of a roster of a tiny company.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Didn't pour tons of time into the project this weekend, but did make some progress. Just dropping in workers, and rotating between the four lists, plus the occasional non-wrestler. I should be focusing on the active wrestlers but whittling down the whole list is nice for now. Like I've said, they all do need to go in at some point.

The active names going into the data are hardly exciting. Afa, Afa Jr, LA Smooth, Villano V Jr... names like that. I did add both Villano III Jr and El Hijo del Villano III, who are both yet-to-debut. Some Stardom debutantes going in as well. I've said before that doing the yet-to-debut ones is pretty quick and easy, which I think is part of why its appealing to keep doing some of them. If I have an hour to spend, I might be able to get in 2 to 4 active workers, but 5 or even 6 if its a mix of active and yet-to-debut workers.

I'm also still spending some time digging into Cagematch rosters and shows to find workers to add to the data. Or at least consider adding.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Still plugging away. I've shifted from the rotation through all four categories of workers to just focusing on active male workers who are on company rosters, to help fill things in. I think once most rosters are complete - or closer to it - I will be more comfortable looking at a beta release. But I still have a lot I'd like to get through before that point. Part of the reason is focus. If I end up with a few people who are testing and reporting stuff, correcting it could become a full-time focus and that means I won't be making progress towards finishing out the game-world. Not a big deal if its small stuff that's left but more problematic if its stuff impacting the active game world.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Doing something a bit different.... I'm just going through the list of to-add workers and checking for pictures. That's usually a step I do when I'm adding the worker, but doing it for the whole list will just mean that when I'm adding them, I know there are already images in the folder and I'm good.

Not that anyone will care, but I generally start looking in existing picture packs for a cut I can use. I'm not overly concerned with the cut being period-correct for these workers. I mean, its one thing if they are a WWE star and another if they are a low level indy worker. In addition to the Super Awesome Modern Picture Pack, I look at the pack that was done for Fleisch's mod. I've also been looking at the pick pack done for the 2010 mod, plus the nGo/sMp pack for Genadi's mods. If none have - which is becoming more common as I get into the lower levels of the wrestling industry - then i find a cuttable pic. So I have a whole chunk of pics to cut. And if I come up empty on finding a cuttable picture, that's where they become a candidate to be left out of the mod entirely.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Still just working my way through the list to find cut for everyone. Didn't pour that much time into it this weekend, as it was a reasonably busy weekend and I played a bit too much Out of the Park Baseball. I've been finding cuttable images for anyone who doesn't have a cut I can find, and that list is about 100 cuts long now. So will have to jump into that sometime soon and get through it. That isn't really time sensitive, as I can just avoid adding those workers who lack an image or add them without a worker image for now.

I've gone through the list of active male and female wrestlers and am working through the yet-to-debut workers. Once I'm done this process, I will dive back into adding workers.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Doing something a bit different.... I'm just going through the list of to-add workers and checking for pictures. That's usually a step I do when I'm adding the worker, but doing it for the whole list will just mean that when I'm adding them, I know there are already images in the folder and I'm good.

Not that anyone will care, but I generally start looking in existing picture packs for a cut I can use. I'm not overly concerned with the cut being period-correct for these workers. I mean, its one thing if they are a WWE star and another if they are a low level indy worker. In addition to the Super Awesome Modern Picture Pack, I look at the pack that was done for Fleisch's mod. I've also been looking at the pick pack done for the 2010 mod, plus the nGo/sMp pack for Genadi's mods. If none have - which is becoming more common as I get into the lower levels of the wrestling industry - then i find a cuttable pic. So I have a whole chunk of pics to cut. And if I come up empty on finding a cuttable picture, that's where they become a candidate to be left out of the mod entirely.
    Which pictures are you missing? I have cut a lot of pictures and don't upload everything to my nGo graphics thread.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Asaemon View Post
    Which pictures are you missing? I have cut a lot of pictures and don't upload everything to my nGo graphics thread.
    I'd be hard-pressed to remember anyone by name and the list is on a different computer. Its mostly low-level indy workers from the US, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. The types who have only ever worked for Ohio Valley Wrestling or ECCW, etc. Some might be in nGo, SAMPP, etc, but under different names and I just couldn't find them.

There have only been a couple of folks who I couldn't find cuttable pics for at all that are in the data and they are Japanese referees. Low level ones.

I'll drop a couple of names in here and if you have cuts already, awesome. If not, all good. I don't mind making cuts here and there.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Went through the stack of picks that I had downloaded that need to be cut. Somewhere just under 100 of them. All done now. A few were poor pictures, which results in poor cuts, but the majority were fine.

So now I'm back to adding talent to the mod. Can't decide it if I should focus on contracted workers or rotate through the categories so I'll probably do a bit of both. Just gotta get through the overall list.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

4 day weekend but time was a touch limited. Had some housework to get done and Papa Papa and Mama Papa came to visit so couldn't pour endless hours into the mod. But still made some progress. Just continuing to drop workers into the data. Going back and forth between the rotation through the lists and just focusing on active workers. Its nice to see the overall to-add list slowly dropping. As I've mentioned, these are generally lower-level workers. A few have ended up working for bigger companies, at least for a short spell. But generally, they aren't strong talents.

A few that I've added are on rosters that aren't quite complete yet, so that's nice progress. It should meant that almost no company goes on a big hiring spree right off the top of a new save. Always hate when a big company does that and it completely revamps the game world almost immediately.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

For no discernable reason, I've been focusing on adding active female workers. That list was never huge to begin with, but its down to 15. Active male is somewhere around 130. I will probably not bother much with the yet-to-debut names as much for the next bit.

I've been putting off doing "company checks" for a bit. Basically just focusing on one company for a bit, starting up a save with them, and seeing what isn't done. Make sure everything is put together - roster, popularity, product, schedule, titles, title lineages, etc. Once I get through the women's list, I might do that for all of the women-only promotions. That's three companies in the US, 1 in the UK, and like 10 or so in joshi companies. For some, it takes next to not time because they are almost complete. For others, it can be time-consuming if they need certain stuff done yet.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Down to like 6 or 8 active female wrestlers on the list. I also did the company checks for Shimmer, Shine, and WSU. They all have full schedules, titles, lineages, etc. I will probably check Pro Wrestling Eve next and then start going through the joshi companies, which is a longer list. I have quite a bit done on most of them, though. Its companies like Tokyo Joshi Pro and Gatoh Move that might need some details filled in yet.

And as for your question, Jon... Nope. Have booked a bit here and there but haven't made it through a full year yet lol
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Finished up the active female workers on the list, but there a couple more I've found recently that should be added. Just joshi and US indy vets.

I could have added those but decided to dive into the company checks a bit further. I did Eve, and the started looking at the joshi companies. I am through Ice Ribbon and Gatoh Move. They have full rosters, titles, and lineages. They may require tweaking - especially things like popularity and product, but I'm only so knowledgeable in those areas. I'm working on JWP now and the lineages are a bit more annoying as they go back to 1992. That still leaves Oz Academy, Pro Wrestling Wave, Tokyo Joshi Pro, Sendai Girls, and Stardom. I know I have the schedules already done for several of those companies, including Stardom, which has a heavy-ass schedule. A couple of them either don't have titles or have titles with pretty short lineages, so that won't be too onerous to add in.

The one issue I have run into is that I can't find cuts for the titles of Ice Ribbon (outside of the main one) or JWP. And I couldn't find cuttable images of the belts either. I hate having blank images but I might have to leave it like that for now.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Didn't end up with tons of time to dump into this over the weekend. Between overtime and some social obligations, it was a bit limited. What time I did have was put into company checks. Made some decent progress on the joshi companies.

Here are the active joshi companies in the data:

Gatoh Move
    Ice Ribbon
    JWP Joshi Puroresu
    Oz Academy
    Pro Wrestling Wave
    Sendai Girls
    Tokyo Joshi Pro
    Stardom

So I am done Gatoh Move through Wave. That means everything is pretty much complete. A copule of them are missing broadcast teams but not at all sure they HAVE announcers.

Sendai Girls need their schedule done but it doesn't look too ugly. They didn't have active title belts at this point. Stardom have their schedule already done - thankfully as its a heavy schedule - but still need title lineages. That won't be too painful since the company is only a year old at this point.

Tokyo Joshi Pro is the one that still needs some work. The roster is nearly empty, so i need to dig for some workers to add. Their schedule will be a bit interesting, as they had just opened and weren't running a lot. They actually weren't running proper wrestling shows at this point but that can't be emulated in TEW so not worrying on it.

I don't think I'll keep going with these checks once I'm done with joshi. I'll come back to them at some point in the future, but I'm going to get back to adding workers.

The upside to doing the title lineages for some of these companies is that it helped me find a handful of active female wrestlers in Japan who weren't in the data who can be added.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Meant to expand a bit more on Tokyo Joshi Pro but its not wanting me to edit (dumb ass browser).

So TJP are a weird situation. Its a DDT sub company. They use almost exclusively their own trained workers. The company started in January 2013 so I have them as active in the data. But TJP only ran 7 shows in all of 2013 and only three of them were prior to when the mod starts (January, March, and April). They were not, from what I understand, proper "wrestling shows". They were more like variety shows that included wrestling. They had two matches per show and they featured trainees who didn't technically debut until August. Which is how I have it set up currently, but then TJP have no roster to run shows. The AI will hire workers and go after some decent ones, so the TJP roster looks nothing like what it actually did. I could move up the debut dates of the workers or have the company open in August as the workers debut. I haven't made any decisions yet but leaving it as is doesn't seem ideal at all.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Finished up the joshi companies except for Tokyo Joshi Pro, which I will do up a schedule for but have to make a decision on how to handle the weird first few months.

I also ran a short test save and looked at companies that signed a lot of workers, tweaking that down where applicable. A lot of signings relate to companies with women divisions who start out with just a couple women under contract. They have the smallest women's division setting available so its not really avoidable.

Mammoth did up a bunch of cuts for the missing joshi belts, which is awesome. Guy has been hugely helpful on the project. One of two who have contributed massively.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So the women's side of the mod is all but done. Still need to decide what to do about Tokyo Joshi Pro, add some events for them, and then add a whole bunch of yet-to-debut female workers. But the list is done for active female workers. I'm back to adding active male workers, and that list is down to 120 names. Don't know how quick I can smash though that, but its getting closer.

I did start doing company checks for companies alphabetically awhile back, and I should continue with it. I just haven't decided yet where to start with it. Getting the company checks done and the remaining to-add male workers is pretty much where it would make sense to put out a beta of the data for people to start to mess with.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information